Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,833 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds (18900 Views)

Bayelsa: Tension As Dickson, Sylva Win Strongholds - The Nation / Lagos West: APC, PDP Win In Strongholds - Vanguard / PDP Panics As RCCG Senior Pastor Backs Rev. Mbaka, Criticised GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by Nobody: 8:38am On Jan 11, 2015
misterh:
Bribe INEC officials? Never heard of that. Where I collected mine, I overheard them discussing on the strategy to employ to persuade people to come collect their cards. Moreover, many people have relocated from where they registered in 2011.
Yes o! Bribe inec officials. Some inec officials collect as high as 1k to look for PVC to give the owners. This is very true my brother.
Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 11, 2015
The PDP is a very hopeless party. APC and Muhammadu Buhari is unstoppable and will defeat them in areas they assumed to be their stronghold. South East has embraced change! South South has embraced change!!!!! PDP is hopeless. Jonathan should be ready for impending defeat.

1 Like

Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by lolade123: 8:51am On Jan 11, 2015
I collected mine on Friday, dedicated that day to get it.It wasn't easy.I implore u to go get urs and guide it jealously. It our visa to the new Nigeria. I saw a Room filled with uncollected voters card for my LG and this in Ibadan.So stop ranting online and go get ur PVC for APC. .CHANGE IS HERE

1 Like

Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 11, 2015
We'll gladly meet them in court
4q:
PDP is laying the foundation for the court case they plan to have when they lose the election, come February.
PDP has lost already..
Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by Elan83(m): 8:55am On Jan 11, 2015
egift:

Mike here you are again making incitement and malicious comments. Here Enugu (the least collection of PVC in the country) nearly 40% is yet to be collected. These PVC are there. Ekweremadu is running ads on Dream FM begging people to go and collect their PVCs.

There are many reason for that:
- Many are very reluctant and have lost trust in system under Jonathan.
- The PDP wranglings that preceded the nomination exercise.
- Some are expected to travel long distance to their LGA offices to collect (or other places they did their registration).
- INEC, Political parties and the Politicians did not initially put any operation in place for distributions.
- Grassroots structures like the Churches, town Unions, etc were not factored as channels of distributions.
- The Politicians who wants to Rig themselves into power, were busy with Party struggles, billboards and did not consider the PVC a determining factor.

So mikeansy it is too early to start Crying about Jonathan's eventual defeat. APC strongest tool to victory is Monitoring, to ensure that the unused PVCs are not added to Jonathan - Now tell us where he will get the Fictitious 99% grin grin grin grin
PDP has failed Nigerians,no doubt abt itt, i've alws bein a membr of PDP but d past 16yrs has bn a hell 2 Nigerians under d madness of PDP, PDP has destroyed dis con3 beyond repair, every institution,frm public,private,religious 2 traditional institutions in dis con3 has bn mercilessly destroyed by PDP recklessness & coruption,, our dear prsdnt came 2 enugu, bein d incumbnt in power seekin re-election i espcted him 2 shw us his 6yrs stewrdship,his score card & convience us wit both past & future policies & programs he has 4 my dear con3, dat ugly man was busy insultin d oposition party,My Clarion call 4 chnge,

4 Likes

Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by adaybayor(m): 8:57am On Jan 11, 2015
SAI BUHARI

2 Likes

Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by lolade123: 9:02am On Jan 11, 2015
Elan83:
PDP has failed Nigerians,no doubt abt itt, i've alws bein a membr of PDP but d past 16yrs has bn a hell 2 Nigerians under d madness of PDP, PDP has destroyed dis con3 beyond repair, every institution,frm public,private,religious 2 traditional institutions in dis con3 has bn mercilessly destroyed by PDP recklessness & coruption,, our dear prsdnt came 2 enugu, bein d incumbnt in power seekin re-election i espcted him 2 shw us his 6yrs stewrdship,his score card & convience us wit both past & future policies & programs he has 4 my dear con3, dat ugly man was busy insultin d oposition party,My Clarion call 4 chnge,
May God bless u for ur this honest and objective post.CHANGE is here

2 Likes

Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 11, 2015
Elan83:

This is just the simple truth of most people's grouse with PDP......

The party just got complacent thinking even without good performance it will rule Nigeria for 60 years.

By the grace of God.....Nigerians will change PDP to APC and if after 4 years APC is not proving to us it can make Nigeria better....we will look for other alternative...until the parties sit down and get serious about good governance.

4 Likes

Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by buJu234: 9:39am On Jan 11, 2015
This feb 2015 election is going to be an interesting stuff...

To neurals like me plz go and stock ur house with food stuff oo.. cos next month nor go easy at all...

But I still see GEJ winning not cos of his qualification but cos d hidden forces in the Nigerian power circle re more comfortable with him than with Buhari. ..

Thats why APC would have brought younger guys like Fashola or oshomole or one northern guy...
Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by Nobody: 9:43am On Jan 11, 2015
Big reason for the pdp to rig
Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by whytfaz(m): 9:53am On Jan 11, 2015
Lol I thought some 'E-diots' said Buhari supporters didnt go and collect PVC that they are e-warriors and all they know how to do is rant online.... seems reality is beginning to set it tho

Sai Buhari

3 Likes

Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by chimchim1(m): 10:03am On Jan 11, 2015
I was not in the country wen the PVC was distributed. Pls, can anyone tell me how to get it again?
Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by pazienza(m): 11:14am On Jan 11, 2015
lolade123:
I collected mine on Friday, dedicated that day to get it.It wasn't easy.I implore u to go get urs and guide it jealously. It our visa to the new Nigeria. I saw a Room filled with uncollected voters card for my LG and this in Ibadan.So stop ranting online and go get ur PVC for APC. .CHANGE IS HERE

I am confused about this PVC ish. When i registered in a town called Ozalla in Enugu, i was given a laminated card, is that card different from PVC?
Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by galadee(m): 11:39am On Jan 11, 2015
PDP have now become the opposition
Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by billyG(m): 11:55am On Jan 11, 2015
Meen!Apc na wild hamatan fire o!see how pdp dey fear like fowl dem nver see anytin dem go soon run into sambissa forest as political refugees when GMB take over apc shld nver accept any pdp decampees esp okupe,metuh.
Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by rodbel(m): 12:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
[i][b]

“Look at the South-East, parts of the South-South and even Lagos, where we have been banking on to get massive votes. Only 53.98 per cent of the PVCs have been collected in Lagos compared with Kano State, 86.63 per cent. We have directed our members to embark on grass roots campaigns on the collection of PVCs.”

Lol. Massive Vote for PDP in Lagos Wake up please!!!
Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by gambit10: 12:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
Lagos state is PDP's stronghold ...can't stop laughing, this guy is in for a big surprise

1 Like

Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by modhream: 12:43pm On Jan 11, 2015
kokoA:
shocked you can lie o. I collected my PVC months ago and I don't reside in an APC dominated area. The PVCs are available, people have refused to collect.
Actually,Sunnybobo is right.For many who are yet to collect,it's because the PVCs are not yet available.I'm one of such,I've been to the LG office several times,yet it's. same story.
Heck,my brother's whole unit,Idimu/Isheri 041,is not available till this moment.Something about the whole unit having bn wiped from the database or so they said.
Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by lolade123: 1:51pm On Jan 11, 2015
pazienza:

I am confused about this PVC ish. When i registered in a town called Ozalla in Enugu, i was given a laminated card, is that card different from PVC?
If u registered in 2011 and was given a laminated card, thats the temporary. U would have to go to d LG where u registered and voted, submitting d laminated one for a plastic Permanent card.
Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by tunji4life: 2:10pm On Jan 11, 2015
brutef0rce101:

Gbam!

You are on point
Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by pazienza(m): 2:17pm On Jan 11, 2015
lolade123:

If u registered in 2011 and was given a laminated card, thats the temporary. U would have to go to d LG where u registered and voted, submitting d laminated one for a plastic Permanent card.

I re registered in 2014 at Enugu,and got a laminated voters card . In 2011, i registered in Abia.
Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by dollarlander: 2:20pm On Jan 11, 2015
WisdomFlakes:
SUNDAY PUNCH gathered on Friday that the ruling party was uncomfortable with the high number of registered voters in states where the APC presidential candidate, Maj.Gen Muhammadu Buhari, is believed to be very popular.

The North-West, believed to be a stronghold of the APC, is the zone where the highest number of PVCs has been collected as of January 7, 2015. Voters in the zone collected 12,013,961 PVCs (30.98 per cent); followed by the South-West with 6,270,736 (16.17 per cent); the South-South, 5,756,018 (14.85 per cent); the North-Central, 5,520,001 (14.24 per cent); the North-East, 4,886,499 (12.60 per cent); South-East, 4,886,499 (10.10 per cent); and the Federal Capital Territory, 411,935 (1.06 per cent).

Not less than 59.75 per cent of the PVCs have been collected in the North-West, the North-East and the South-West, where the APC is perceived to be strong.

[b]Our correspondents in the states gathered that senior party officials of the PDP were worried that parts of the country were President Goodluck Jonathan is adjudged to be very popular recorded low numbers. Such areas include the South-East and some South-South states.

A member of the PDP National Working Committee, who pleaded anonymity, said, “We have studied the figures and we are concerned about low figures in places we have been banking on for victory.

“Look at the South-East, parts of the South-South and even Lagos, where we have been banking on to get massive votes. Only 53.98 per cent of the PVCs have been collected in Lagos compared with Kano State, 86.63 per cent. We have directed our members to embark on grass roots campaigns on the collection of PVCs.”

Similarly, the PDP National Publicity Secretary, Mr. Olisah Metuh, in an interview with SUNDAY PUNCH, admitted that the party was unhappy with the disparity in the distribution of the PVCs.

Metuh said, “Our party members have complained that in their strongholds they have not been able to get the PVCs while some places where we are considered to be a little bit weak achieved almost 90 per cent success rate.

“In line with the President’s avowed commitment to free, fair and credible elections, we urge INEC to avail every (eligible) Nigerian the opportunity to vote in next month’s election.

“We as a party stand by what our President said every eligible Nigerian voter should be given the PVC.”[/b]

Read full article at: http://www.punchng.com/news/pdp-panics-over-high-pvc-collection-in-apc-strongholds/

This is what we are talking about. Why can't PDP buy busses for INEC so that they can go from street to street distributing the PVC. That will make it more accessible to voters, eventhough many will still not go out to vote.
Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by xtremrules(m): 4:05pm On Jan 11, 2015
egift:

Mike here you are again making incitement and malicious comments. Here Enugu (the least collection of PVC in the country) nearly 40% is yet to be collected. These PVC are there. Ekweremadu is running ads on Dream FM begging people to go and collect their PVCs.

- Grassroots structures like the Churches, town Unions, etc were not factored as channels of distributions.
- The Politicians who wants to Rig themselves into power, were busy with Party struggles, billboards and did not consider the PVC a determining factor.

So mikeansy it is too early to start Crying about Jonathan's eventual defeat. APC strongest tool to victory is Monitoring, to ensure that the unused PVCs are not added to Jonathan - Now tell us where he will get the Fictitious 99% grin grin grin grin
Thanks for that. Most of my friends are yet to collect theirs. Here in the southeast, people are generally reluctant about politics, you will be surprise that a good number of those with PVC won't come out to vote. as you said, APC just have to monitor they unused PVC if the really wish to win the election.
Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by biodunid: 4:13pm On Jan 11, 2015
The table below says it all:

Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by xtremrules(m): 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2015
egift:

Ekweremadu is running ads on Dream FM begging people to go and collect their PVCs.

INEC is mostly at fault. collect of Voters Card shouldn't be done just close to Election, one should be able to have one at his will. if you notice After election, Anything that has to do with Voters card is put to a stop by INEC to resume once election is getting close, which to me is not appropriate.
Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by biodunid: 6:36pm On Jan 11, 2015
There is no way you slice or dice it that GEJ can go to bed with both eyes closed when the outlook is this bad. His 'home' regions aren't only the smallest in naija but they also trail Northern regions in PVC collection. Maybe if he had spent the last six years working for naija he would be happy now but he instead counted on tribe and religion to deliver a second term to him. Today with the advent of Mbaka, Osinbajo etc religion has failed and with these PVC numbers tribe can be seen failing big time.

biodunid:
The table below says it all:
Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by emiye(m): 6:43pm On Jan 11, 2015
pazienza:

I re registered in 2014 at Enugu,and got a laminated voters card . In 2011, i registered in Abia.

What you collected is not a PVC, you need the plastic card to vote, return the laminated card to your LGA of registration and collect your PVC, the opportunity for such closes by Jan. 31
Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by pazienza(m): 6:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
emiye:

What you collected is not a PVC, you need the plastic card to vote, return the laminated card to your LGA of registration and collect your PVC, the opportunity for such closes by Jan. 31

Ok. Would do so 2moro. Thanks.
Re: PDP Panics Over High PVC Collection In APC Strongholds by fxskye: 7:56am On Jan 12, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

Is comprehension your problem?

The PVCs are not available for collection.

Then blaming that on the umpire and its principal

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

‘VIP’s Not VP’s House Targeted By Boko Haram’ - Presidency corrects / Governor Okorocha Visits President Zuma (Photo) / Dollar-Gate: Disregard The Invitation, It's Witch-Hunt - Kano APC To Ganduje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.