Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan (30137 Views)

Al-Mustapha Arrives Owerri, Meets With Okoroji (Photos) / Pastor Adeboye Changes Profile Picture To Jonathan, Cover Photo To Osinbajo / Fashola To Jonathan: "You Failed, Not Me!" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by OtunbaJega: 2:28am On Jan 11, 2015
Your Excellency,

Please forgive me for writing you through this medium. I can imagine how busy you must be, especially at this time that the elections are by the corner. With the many gatekeepers you have, if I posted the letter, the chance of your ever reading it can be imagined. I don’t even know if NIPOST is still working. Do you know, sir? Since I am not a governor, a party chairman, an oba, a minister, a man of God, etc, I reckon that your gate keepers will be infuriated that I even had the effrontery to address a letter to you.

I can imagine one of them reacting in anger: Who this Tony Okoroji think him be sef? Who told him that he can send a letter to the C-in C, the president of the largest black nation on earth?’ They would have torn my letter into a thousand shreds and thrown the shreds into a trash can. Please believe me; I could not control the desperate urge to reach you and express myself, dear leader. Honestly, I have become worried that your gatekeepers are behaving like they own you; they are the only ones who love you and that you should listen to them only. It is a lie! The truth is that there are millions of us in this country who genuinely think that you are an ok guy and wish you well.

I hope sir that you will be kind enough to tell those guys of yours not to call the security people to teach me a hot lesson for this my foolishness. You know that you rule over a large country, in fact the most populous in Africa. In this very large country, we are made up of all kinds; the brilliant, prophets, seers, 419ers, magicians, the foolish, etc. If by any chance, you do not like anything I have written in this letter, for the sake of my children, forgive me and just say to yourself, ‘he is just one of those foolish Nigerians that I rule.’

I am really scared of your guys. They might even say to you that just like in Fr. Mbaka’s case, Ngige has given me N800 million to write this letter. Sorry sir, with oil price dancing sekem-sekem, is there still that kind of money left in Nigeria? If Ngige has that kind of cash to throw around, then things can’t be that bad. My boss, if you want, you can investigate this: I have never met Mbaka. I do not know Ngige. I have no business with Buhari or Osinbajo or Tinubu or Amaechi or even OBJ or any of the rascals who keep heaping insults on you. My president, you are the only one I know. I swear, nobody has given meshishi.

Before I go any further, let me join others to express my condolence on the recent passing on of your dear sister. May the Almighty receive her soul and give you the fortitude to bear the loss.

Your excellency, my dear president, I love my country with all my heart but I am also a very proud Igbo man. People say that Igbos do not support their own. That is not quite true. The truth is that Igbos don’t like to be made a fool of. You can bear witness to the fact that four years ago, when your handlers reminded everyone that your full name is Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan and you put on the red cap for which we are known, Igbos came out in droves to support you. You were considered their brother. Our people voted for you en masse.

Your gatekeepers might not tell you but the joke around town is that once the election was over, Azikiwe disappeared from your name, the red cap disappeared from your wardrobe and the black bowler hat returned. You came back to being a 100 percent Ijaw man and Igbos were left alone to continue to bear their many burdens.

A few days to the last Christmas, I was stuck in a bad traffic jam on the Niger bridge between Asaba and Onitsha, the same bridge built about 50 years ago by the government led by a Muslim man, Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa. Many times we have been promised a second Niger bridge to reduce our pain. Mr. President sir, I am not an ethnic jingoist but just put yourself in our shoes. How do you think we feel? For six years, an Azikiwe has been in charge at Aso Rock and the more we look, the less we see the second Niger bridge or anything else of real value!

Some say that the Igbos have no king. Maybe not in the same sense that other people believe that a certain child of God was born to rule over them. We believe in hard work and merit. We are certain that if there is fairness and a level playing field, the Igbo man will thrive anywhere. With the Igbos, you have to earn your kingship. The late Zik of Africa and Owelle of Onitsha, the great Nnamdi Azikiwe whose name you took, earned his kingship. Go around much of Igboland today, almost everyone seriously seeking office will not just put out a poster but one carrying his photograph and that of the late Ikemba Nnewi, Eze Igbo, Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu. Ojukwu was an Igbo King.

You may therefore understand my horror when it was announced last week that one Femi Fani Kayode has been appointed your campaign spokesman. I am usually a very tolerant guy but I instantly felt like vomiting. Femi Fani Kayode?! Is this not the same guy that gleefully went before the world to claim that he had slept with Her Excellency, Bianca Ojukwu, your ambassador and wife of the revered Igbo King, Eze Guburugburu, Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu? If your excellency does not know, what this guy did was to slap the face of every self-respecting Igbo man. It was sacrilege. I find it incredulous that in the whole of Nigeria, they could not find you a better person than this man who goes about boasting about the women he has gone to bed with. Mr. President sir, are you going to send this man to Igboland to speak on your behalf? Tufiakwa! Mbah! Whoever foisted that decision on you is not your friend. He does not want the Igbos or any other discerning Nigerian to vote for you.

I don’t care what anybody says, you are an inspiration to millions of poor people across Africa. For a guy who had no shoes to go on to get a BSc, MSc and PhD and swiftly move on to be a deputy governor, governor, vice president and president, the office over which many in Nigeria have lost their lives, is nothing but awesome. This is a country where there are hundreds of thousands of young people who can only dream about a university degree not because they are not smart but because their country is not smart.

Your excellency, you know that the last election was a cake walk. Please do not listen to any of these your many hangers on who tells you that the situation is still the same. Nigerians are in no mood for a phone call and ‘I love you’ this coming valentine day election. The love has soured. The mood has changed a lot. I am afraid. I don’t know how you are going to pull this iron out of the fire. Have I forgotten that your name is Goodluck? No sir! It is just that this time, you may need all the luck you were born with and more.

Mr. President, sir! How can I get so close to you and my life does not change? I am sure you will think I am not a true Nigerian if I close this this letter without asking the all-important question: Anything for the boys?

http://www.newspunch.org/tony-okoroji-tears-president-jonathan-to-shreds-in-this-open-letter/

171 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by Brahms(m): 2:33am On Jan 11, 2015
grin grin

16 Likes

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by Nobody: 2:35am On Jan 11, 2015
I expect Jonathanians to shout down this guy yet the irrefutable fact is that people of strong convictions are speaking out against Jonathan not minding the backlash that will come after it

89 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by Ellidude(m): 2:36am On Jan 11, 2015
what more can we say.
Jonathan has failed Nigerians.

95 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by FastShipping: 2:36am On Jan 11, 2015

Hmmm... The only interesting part was the FFK/Bianca thingy and the last question of "anything for the boys". grin

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by LRNZH(m): 2:40am On Jan 11, 2015
Chai!!!! ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by eleko1: 2:41am On Jan 11, 2015
embarassed the best bet for the daft OTUOKE man now is to give up but nay,he preferred to dance Shoki to kirikiri. sad

58 Likes

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by Nobody: 2:41am On Jan 11, 2015
Who is he?
Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by Garrithe1st: 2:42am On Jan 11, 2015
Doro-Jona

Doro-saTAN

Doro-Dullard

Doro-Dumb

Doro-Thief

Doro-Fraudster

Doro-Clueless

grin

194 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by FastShipping: 2:44am On Jan 11, 2015
Garrithe1st:
Doro-Jona

Doro-saTAN

Doro-Dullard

Doro-Dumb

Doro-Thief

Doro-Fraudster

Doro-Clueless

grin

gringringringringringrin

39 Likes

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by bokohalal(m): 2:47am On Jan 11, 2015
Former PMAN President?

9 Likes

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by Flye: 2:52am On Jan 11, 2015
Huuuum!!" Name wah ooooo

1 Like

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by Sloan: 2:54am On Jan 11, 2015
Tony Okoroji still praising the convicted felon war monger Onjukwu as king in Iboland? Well, that is only in Iboland that a king lost a war with 3 M dead and he still respected? In the days of the Great Oyo Empire of the Yorubas, the titans to the West, the Crown Jewel, even if a commander lost a handful of warriors in a mission, he was as good as dead. Never mind that the Yoruba Generals must never come home after losing a war: he just had to win or die trying! All these, while leading from the front and actually fighting all the way till he wins with his army or dies and the next in command takes over and must complete the mission. On the other hand, a mere lieutenant colonel Ojukwu sequesters himself in a small bunker and was hiding from Enugu to Anambra, never leading an offensive for even 10 minutes and he is the ibo king?

Well, the story today justifies why you folks are where you are. Jonapafuka will appoint Adolf Hitler and Stalin if if will help him come close to winning and he doesn't care about any silly opinion about Fani Kayode and of all reasons, that he banged Bainca the ambassador to Spain doesn't mean shaite: she can blame herself. For Fani, OBJ summed it all up when he said Fani is his boy, give him some food and he will sing for you. Now, how much singing will Fani do for N 500 M+ corruption he is trying to escape from, courtesy of the EFCC Jona is killing to ensure Fani and corrupt Nigerians escape? Stealing is not corruption as per the dumbass president!

133 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by Nobody: 3:19am On Jan 11, 2015
[/b] who is this faceless fool angry [b]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by moderatorr1: 3:23am On Jan 11, 2015
chief tony okoroji

4 Likes

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by stinggy(m): 3:34am On Jan 11, 2015
Kaiii, this Okoroji man is very direct and brutal!

diariss godu ooo, all ds una open letters lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by Nobody: 3:41am On Jan 11, 2015
Sloan:
Tony Okoroji still praising the convicted felon war monger Onjukwu as king in Iboland? Well, that is only in Iboland that a king lost a war with 3 M dead and he still respected? In the days of the Great Oyo Empire of the Yorubas, the titans to the West, the Crown Jewel, even if a commander lost a handful of warriors in a mission, he was as good as dead. Never mind that the Yoruba Generals must never come home after losing a war: he just had to win or die trying! All these, while leading from the front and actually fighting all the way till he wins with his army or dies and the next in command takes over and must complete the mission. On the other hand, a mere lieutenant colonel Ojukwu sequesters himself in a small bunker and was hiding from Enugu to Anambra, never leading an offensive for even 10 minutes and he is the ibo king?

Well, the story today justifies why you folks are where you are. Jonapafuka will appoint Adolf Hitler and Stalin if if will help him come close to winning and he doesn't care about any silly opinion about Fani Kayode and of all reasons, that he banged Bainca the ambassador to Spain doesn't mean shaite: she can blame herself. For Fani, OBJ summed it all up when he said Fani is his boy, give him some food and he will sing for you. Now, how much singing will Fani do for N 500 M+ corruption he is trying to escape from, courtesy of the EFCC Jona is killing to ensure Fani and corrupt Nigerians escape? Stealing is not corruption as per the dumbass president!

Thank you brother. well written!!!! All What was written by that halfwit is meaningless..........

11 Likes

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by edo3(m): 3:43am On Jan 11, 2015
stinggy:
Kaiii, this Okoroji man is very direct and brutal!

diariss godu ooo, all una open letters lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed
For the open letters they are shaaaaring bah?

5 Likes

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by stinggy(m): 3:49am On Jan 11, 2015
edo3:
For the open letters they are shaaaaring bah?
I tel u bros grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by Nobody: 3:50am On Jan 11, 2015
"Tony okoroji is a boko haram member"- TANoids grin

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by Nobody: 4:10am On Jan 11, 2015
OtunbaJega:
Your Excellency,

Please forgive me for writing you through this medium. I can imagine how busy you must be, especially at this time that the elections are by the corner. With the many gatekeepers you have, if I posted the letter, the chance of your ever reading it can be imagined. I don’t even know if NIPOST is still working. Do you know, sir? Since I am not a governor, a party chairman, an oba, a minister, a man of God, etc, I reckon that your gate keepers will be infuriated that I even had the effrontery to address a letter to you.

I can imagine one of them reacting in anger: Who this Tony Okoroji think him be sef? Who told him that he can send a letter to the C-in C, the president of the largest black nation on earth?’ They would have torn my letter into a thousand shreds and thrown the shreds into a trash can. Please believe me; I could not control the desperate urge to reach you and express myself, dear leader. Honestly, I have become worried that your gatekeepers are behaving like they own you; they are the only ones who love you and that you should listen to them only. It is a lie! The truth is that there are millions of us in this country who genuinely think that you are an ok guy and wish you well.

I hope sir that you will be kind enough to tell those guys of yours not to call the security people to teach me a hot lesson for this my foolishness. You know that you rule over a large country, in fact the most populous in Africa. In this very large country, we are made up of all kinds; the brilliant, prophets, seers, 419ers, magicians, the foolish, etc. If by any chance, you do not like anything I have written in this letter, for the sake of my children, forgive me and just say to yourself, ‘he is just one of those foolish Nigerians that I rule.’

I am really scared of your guys. They might even say to you that just like in Fr. Mbaka’s case, Ngige has given me N800 million to write this letter. Sorry sir, with oil price dancing sekem-sekem, is there still that kind of money left in Nigeria? If Ngige has that kind of cash to throw around, then things can’t be that bad. My boss, if you want, you can investigate this: I have never met Mbaka. I do not know Ngige. I have no business with Buhari or Osinbajo or Tinubu or Amaechi or even OBJ or any of the rascals who keep heaping insults on you. My president, you are the only one I know. I swear, nobody has given meshishi.

Before I go any further, let me join others to express my condolence on the recent passing on of your dear sister. May the Almighty receive her soul and give you the fortitude to bear the loss.

Your excellency, my dear president, I love my country with all my heart but I am also a very proud Igbo man. People say that Igbos do not support their own. That is not quite true. The truth is that Igbos don’t like to be made a fool of. You can bear witness to the fact that four years ago, when your handlers reminded everyone that your full name is Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan and you put on the red cap for which we are known, Igbos came out in droves to support you. You were considered their brother. Our people voted for you en masse.

Your gatekeepers might not tell you but the joke around town is that once the election was over, Azikiwe disappeared from your name, the red cap disappeared from your wardrobe and the black bowler hat returned. You came back to being a 100 percent Ijaw man and Igbos were left alone to continue to bear their many burdens.

A few days to the last Christmas, I was stuck in a bad traffic jam on the Niger bridge between Asaba and Onitsha, the same bridge built about 50 years ago by the government led by a Muslim man, Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa. Many times we have been promised a second Niger bridge to reduce our pain. Mr. President sir, I am not an ethnic jingoist but just put yourself in our shoes. How do you think we feel? For six years, an Azikiwe has been in charge at Aso Rock and the more we look, the less we see the second Niger bridge or anything else of real value!

Some say that the Igbos have no king. Maybe not in the same sense that other people believe that a certain child of God was born to rule over them. We believe in hard work and merit. We are certain that if there is fairness and a level playing field, the Igbo man will thrive anywhere. With the Igbos, you have to earn your kingship. The late Zik of Africa and Owelle of Onitsha, the great Nnamdi Azikiwe whose name you took, earned his kingship. Go around much of Igboland today, almost everyone seriously seeking office will not just put out a poster but one carrying his photograph and that of the late Ikemba Nnewi, Eze Igbo, Dim Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu. Ojukwu was an Igbo King.

You may therefore understand my horror when it was announced last week that one Femi Fani Kayode has been appointed your campaign spokesman. I am usually a very tolerant guy but I instantly felt like vomiting. Femi Fani Kayode?! Is this not the same guy that gleefully went before the world to claim that he had slept with Her Excellency, Bianca Ojukwu, your ambassador and wife of the revered Igbo King, Eze Guburugburu, Chukwuemeka Odimegwu Ojukwu? If your excellency does not know, what this guy did was to slap the face of every self-respecting Igbo man. It was sacrilege. I find it incredulous that in the whole of Nigeria, they could not find you a better person than this man who goes about boasting about the women he has gone to bed with. Mr. President sir, are you going to send this man to Igboland to speak on your behalf? Tufiakwa! Mbah! Whoever foisted that decision on you is not your friend. He does not want the Igbos or any other discerning Nigerian to vote for you.

I don’t care what anybody says, you are an inspiration to millions of poor people across Africa. For a guy who had no shoes to go on to get a BSc, MSc and PhD and swiftly move on to be a deputy governor, governor, vice president and president, the office over which many in Nigeria have lost their lives, is nothing but awesome. This is a country where there are hundreds of thousands of young people who can only dream about a university degree not because they are not smart but because their country is not smart.

Your excellency, you know that the last election was a cake walk. Please do not listen to any of these your many hangers on who tells you that the situation is still the same. Nigerians are in no mood for a phone call and ‘I love you’ this coming valentine day election. The love has soured. The mood has changed a lot. I am afraid. I don’t know how you are going to pull this iron out of the fire. Have I forgotten that your name is Goodluck? No sir! It is just that this time, you may need all the luck you were born with and more.

Mr. President, sir! How can I get so close to you and my life does not change? I am sure you will think I am not a true Nigerian if I close this this letter without asking the all-important question: Anything for the boys?

http://www.newspunch.org/tony-okoroji-tears-president-jonathan-to-shreds-in-this-open-letter/

For God sake, why can't you guys just shut your mouth and let the sleeping dog lies.

Has Ojukwu become God?

If Chief Fani Kayode goes to the East, what would they do?

Then, you should expect Yorubas to ask Orji to go back to the East for calling Lagos a no man's land..........

Why are you guys always looking for trouble where there is none and when the trouble arrives; victims mentality set in........

Is Ojukwu more handsome than Chief Femi Fani Kayode? Capital No.

Realistically, If one of these two guys Ojukwu and Fani Kayode were to be match with Bianca, who do you think has got everything to be picked/chosen, Fani Kayode of course

Did he tell anyone that Bianca was a virgin when he met her? What is the big deal about Fani Femi Kayode banging Bianca?

They were both young when the whole thing happened and have moved on after that

I remembered what led to the whole thing that made Chief fani kayode to talk about it and he was only trying to prove his relationship with Igbos by saying that he knows certain prominent Igbo women .......................... but igbos quickly picked on his words simply cos he told them what any Yoruba leaders are yet to tell Igbos................

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by brutef0rce101: 4:15am On Jan 11, 2015
Bianca Ojukwu was my side chick. She is very crazy on bed, we had a long lasting relationship. wink cheesy FFK(2012)

FFK is my boy. Give him food, he will dance skelewu and sing for you. OBJ (2015) cheesy cheesy

Do you want to go to Jail? Akpabio (2015) cheesy cheesy

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by DelTel(m): 4:57am On Jan 11, 2015
Young Nigerians like us are too young to know GEJ is the best president ever; OBJ bitter that he is not allowed to control the president; Rev. Fr. Mbaka recanted when he was not awarded an oil bloc (and Ngige gave him #800m to change his blessing); Tony Okoroji just want to be counted among the numbers.
Pls what can you accuse Dr. Alex Ekwueme of? Ohhhh, I know it...... he loves to be in jail by Buhari once again!!!

Ekwueme explodes: Why Jonathan won’t get block votes in South-East
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=99545

Clock is ticking, 34days to feBUHARI.

30 Likes

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by egift(m): 5:02am On Jan 11, 2015
Garrithe1st:
Doro-Jona

Doro-saTAN

Doro-Dullard

Doro-Dumb

Doro-Thief

Doro-Fraudster

Doro-Clueless

grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2016443_j2b_jpeg5b33f301d234349ff594d1827bceb039

25 Likes

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by Babacele: 5:04am On Jan 11, 2015
Sloan:

Are you sure you are an omoluabi or a hate- spreader pretender? In this season of closing ranks n forging alliances for positive change, the least you can do is bury your old animosities that insult sensibilities ,especially against a generation or tribe ,that can attract deserved negative reactions. Or what is your mission Bob? are u a saTANist?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by aresa: 5:52am On Jan 11, 2015
Garrithe1st:
Doro-Jona

Doro-saTAN

Doro-Dullard

Doro-Dumb

Doro-Thief

Doro-Fraudster

Doro-Clueless

grin

grin

6 Likes

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by Akshow: 6:14am On Jan 11, 2015
The problem i have with Oga Jona is that he fails to understand that Nigerians do not expect a political commentary from of a nearly 30 year old
speech delivered to the nation by IBB or Buhari. What Nigerians expect
to hear among others is what he has
achieved in the
last six years and why corruption still
remains
endemic and the economy in shambles.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by IAMBREEZY: 6:43am On Jan 11, 2015
Garrithe1st:
Doro-Jona

Doro-saTAN

Doro-Dullard

Doro-Dumb

Doro-Thief

Doro-Fraudster

Doro-Clueless

grin
cheesycheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by SaiBuharii: 6:51am On Jan 11, 2015
Buhari is the man
Buhari is our choice
Buhari is the only option
Sai Buhari
Sai Osinbanjo
Sai APC
GMB 2015

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by datguru: 6:52am On Jan 11, 2015
Doesn't stop buhari from losing the forth coming election

4 Likes

Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by adebrave1(m): 6:52am On Jan 11, 2015
Ww
Re: Tony Okoroji's Open Letter To Jonathan by LMAyedun(m): 6:52am On Jan 11, 2015
Attention Seeker!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra PDP Primary: Igwe Orizu Blesses Maduka (Pictures) / Benue Livestock Guard Members Protecting Farmers From Fulani Herdsmen / Ondo: PDP Leaders Give Agboola Ajayi Conditions Before Joining The Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.