Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie (28707 Views)

Afenifere, Okogie, Babatope, Others Reply Oyegun: "Buhari Will Lose 2019 If... / Don’t Expect Too Much From Buhari, Cardinal Okogie Tells Nigerians / Mr. President, Stop Mixing Religion With Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 11:15am On Jan 11, 2015
Amadaz:
I'm a catholic but I'm not supporting Father Mbaka this time. His utterances in recent times leaves much to be desired.
dude's always been like that
dunno when our ppl of Africa will stop worshipping mbaka instead of Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by biafranqueen: 11:16am On Jan 11, 2015
Sermwell:

That sick bird that stayed was made up by him. Did anybody experienced it?...as for the phone number issue, mbaka said it himself. It is really obvious that you have not been following this event.
kiss Your so cute lol!

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 11:17am On Jan 11, 2015
patrotic9gerian:
I feel this is some writings framed by the PDP... I doubt if the cardinal made these statements. it looks fake... A cardinal can never slander the Holy Spirit as this writer just did... He can never insult a fellow priest even in public.. Jonathan's aides and ministers are now sitting up to project a good image of him while killing the good image of other caring and patriotic Nigerians..
The next news you would hear is "Cardinal Okojie denies commenting on Father Mbaka's sermon...' Desperate PDP...
thats why the church should never mix with govt politics

no, next news headline will be 'cardinal Okogie is trying to assasinate me' - mbaka grin

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by RHP(m): 11:18am On Jan 11, 2015
When he prayed for PEJ and saying diff tinz, it wasnt politics. But now it favors GMB its politics. Okojie abeg park well.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by markize(m): 11:20am On Jan 11, 2015
siraj1402:

Should the man have supported Jonathan, no one will hear all this noise.Who knows that first lady visited him until he turn his back to Jonathan? The man has said the truth though he might be a priest,remember he is also a human being and he is entitle to his opinion.

very well said. Had he canvass for vote for GEJ no clergy would be casting stones on him... The truth is not afraid it 's who will say it that has phobia. Nigeria need more of Mbaka that will tell our clueless, senseless and selflish leader the bitter truth.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by ollyruffy: 11:21am On Jan 11, 2015
Because the man has said the truth now, religion and politics should not mix. If he has supported Jonathief, like other end time pastors, then religion can mix with politics.

These people even think nigerians are fools.

Tell us reasons the masses should vote jonathief again and they are numerous reasons not to vote him.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by patrotic9gerian: 11:21am On Jan 11, 2015
[quote author=vanbonattel post=29691064][/quote]

The catholic church is a church of greatest unity... Where hierarchy, law and order is respected, where men of God fearlessly speak the truth..

Search your hearth in truth and spirit and you will discover that FrMbaka spoke the truth 100%..
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 11:21am On Jan 11, 2015
RHP:
When he prayed for PEJ and saying diff tinz, it wasnt politics. But now it favors GMB its politics. Okojie abeg park well.
check the history
it didn't start today
maybe Pej cheque bounced like that of Okorocha
that is the reason for the outbursts

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 11, 2015
A Catholic priest is expected to be politically neutral atleast on the altar.
The Cardinal said the truth about this Government without mentioning names. Fr Mbaka also said the same truth about GEJ but he went overboard by mentioning names. They are both correct.
The Catholic Church do not mix politics (as in campaigning for who to vote for) with religion.
The church speaks the truth and ask the faithful to vote their conscience.
As for me, GEJ has performed below par and Buhari is not the long expected messiah. Wish we have another option.
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 11, 2015
A Catholic priest is expected to be politically neutral atleast on the altar.
The Cardinal said the truth about this Government without mentioning names. Fr Mbaka also said the same truth about GEJ but he went overboard by mentioning names. They are both correct.
The Catholic Church do not mix politics (as in campaigning for who to vote for) with religion.
The church speaks the truth and ask the faithful to vote their conscience.
As for me, GEJ has performed below par and Buhari is not long expected messiah. Wish we have another option.
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 11:22am On Jan 11, 2015
patrotic9gerian:

The catholic church is a church of greatest unity... Where hierarchy, law and order is respected, where men of God fearlessly speak the truth..

Search your hearth in truth and spirit and you will discover that FrMbaka spoke the truth 100%..
support your position with a bible quotation?

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by afosahid: 11:24am On Jan 11, 2015
Drsmith01:
Help me tell them....Although i won't vote a Muslim sha
This is sumtin pastor Tunde barare is regretting

That's a very wrong approach... You would simply not vote a good leader because he is a Muslim?
Do you have friends that are muslims? are they all bad people?
do you have muslim colleagues? they are all evil people?
is this what you will teach your children? not to have anything to do with muslims?

the saddest part of all this is that you are most likely an educated person. your education and years spent in school is then a waste if you still think like this. You are clearly not ENLIGHTENED......

Vote for a good leader not because of their religious or ethnic backgrounds. Vote for the person whom you think can do what is right for this country and its citizens.

I wish you the very best and i hope you find enlightenment as you go about your daily activities.

Meanwhile..........

VOTE 4 CHANGE

#GMBOSIBANJO2015
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Amadaz(m): 11:30am On Jan 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

dude's always been like that
dunno when our ppl of Africa will stop worshipping mbaka instead of Jesus Christ.
nobody worships fr. Mbaka, he's just a priest like all others.
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by lomprico(m): 11:33am On Jan 11, 2015
O
vanbonattel:

why has mbaka avoided all the troubles in the catholic church
The corruption
the paedophile priests
open fornication in the churches
konji worrying priests

and all he sees and blames are politicians?
na them cause him problems?
And how does all these u have mentioned improved ur standard if living or the economy of nigeria.
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Amadaz(m): 11:34am On Jan 11, 2015
boolet:

My statement was meant to be a rhetorical question because I know it is actually a political empire. What we had in the middle ages was feudalism... Bro to cut the long short, type in Google "the Vatican and Feudalism". And bro, one more thing, take this as a question, "How are popes made". I may answer too in my own understanding. Popes are made by election keenly contested by Cardinals. Is electioneering not a political process?
it is not contested bro. You're all wrong
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 11:37am On Jan 11, 2015
lomprico:
O
And how does all these u have mentioned improved ur standard if living or the economy of nigeria.
exactly
that is why a priest should mind his sole business of soul winning
he should stop airing his misgivings openly about any politicians
he should mind his business
I dont support gej of buhari
both are wrong choices
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 11:39am On Jan 11, 2015
Amadaz:
nobody worships fr. Mbaka, he's just a priest like all others.
do you think ppl will go to pray in adoration if mbaka is transferred to sokoto?
they will go there to worship him,
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by ideyvexnow: 11:46am On Jan 11, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by lomprico(m): 11:47am On Jan 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

exactly
that is why a priest should mind his sole business of soul winning
he should stop airing his misgivings openly about any politicians
he should mind his business
I dont support gej of buhari
both are wrong choices
They have every right to speak against a bad govt, cos dia decisions or policies affect the congregation the lead including themselves. If a church member is crying of poverty because of unemployment caused by the govt. the priest have a right to lambast the govt that refuse to create jobs for its masses.
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by OLADD: 11:48am On Jan 11, 2015
temitemi1:
"Undert the wrong spirit" I called it spirit of apc grin grin grin... GEJ till 2019 jareeeeeee...
After the fatal fall he had during his confrontation with Mbadinuju, a win for GEJ next month will send Mbaka to spiritual oblivion.

2 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by emiye(m): 11:52am On Jan 11, 2015
Anyone who did not caution or chastise the Rev. Father in November 2014, when he endorsed GEJ , but is doing that now after the crossover night saga is a [size=18pt] shameless hypocrite [/size]

2 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 11:53am On Jan 11, 2015
lomprico:

They have every right to speak against a bad govt, cos dia decisions or policies affect the congregation the lead including themselves. If a church member is crying of poverty because of unemployment caused by the govt. the priest have a right to lambast the govt that refuse to create jobs for its masses.
and he must voice out PUBLICLY?
what happened to good old diplomacy when powerful priests went into government houses and adviced them and prayed for them.
it is always about the attention
the priest is an attention seeker

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 11:56am On Jan 11, 2015
emiye:
Anyone who did not caution or chastise the Rev. Father in November 2014, when he endorsed GEJ , but is doing that now after the crossover night saga is a [size=18pt] shameless hypocrite [/size]
all his outbursts are always political
whenever he experiences low sales
he attacks a top politician
the revenue he made from the anti gej cd outsold flavour nabania in one week cheesy
he makes more money yabbing the leaders
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by lomprico(m): 11:57am On Jan 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

and he must voice out PUBLICLY?
what happened to good old diplomacy when powerful priests went into government houses and adviced them and prayed for them.
it is always about the attention
the priest is an attention seeker
And is it a crime to voice out injustice, fraud or corruption??
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 11:58am On Jan 11, 2015
OLADD:

After the fatal fall he had during his confrontation with Mbadinuju, a win for GEJ next month will send Mbaka to spiritual oblivion.
Wrong
he will always bounce back
there are more mugus ready to listen and pay
all he needs do is to pick another politician and attack from the pulpit
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 12:03pm On Jan 11, 2015
lomprico:

And is it a crime to voice out injustice, fraud or corruption??
voice it out in prayers!
is gej too powerful for God to deal with?
why concern the whole congregation and whole country if tou are not seeking for cheap publicity?
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by emiye(m): 12:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

all his outbursts are always political
whenever he experiences low sales
he attacks a top politician
the revenue he made from the anti gej cd outsold flavour nabania in one week cheesy
he makes more money yabbing the leaders

I care less about whatever revenue, i am a christian, and i abhor hypocrisy in all forms. Virtually, all attacking the revd. father now were so glad, and fulfilled in November 2014, when he endorsed GEJ, and called the opposition names. If you did not condemn him then, shut it please, you are a first grade hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by mustymatic(m): 12:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
Drsmith01:
Help me tell them....Although i won't vote a Muslim sha
This is sumtin pastor Tunde barare is regretting
We kno already but It's good you say your mind once in a while sha. you hv a strong reason.
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by lomprico(m): 12:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

voice it out in prayers!
is gej too powerful for God to deal with?
why concern the whole congregation and whole country if tou are not seeking for cheap publicity?
I see u have a personal vendetta against mbaka, and there is nothing wrong in rebuking a bad govt. Or their bad policies, I guess that is what democracy is all about, when d senate wanted to approve underage marriage, the whole world cried about it. I think what u want is for we to keep mute and keep suffering under bad leadership like during military dictatorship. Dude dont let ur support for a candidate blind ur sense of reasoning. Speak the truth when u see it. Am neither for pdp or acn candidates left for me I wont pick any of 'em.

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by phemybof(m): 12:24pm On Jan 11, 2015
We Christians are so desperate to be in power always, we see the truth and we will not say it.
Some of us even know that Jonathan is under performance and running economy negatively, but because of our religion sentiment, and we don't want our counterparts in religion to take over.
Had it been dat Buhari is a Christian we will round him.
Anyway am a Christian and my vote is sure for GMB
am tired of this clueless

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by boolet: 12:24pm On Jan 11, 2015
Amadaz:
it is not contested bro. You're all wrong
Explain jare
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by vanbonattel: 12:39pm On Jan 11, 2015
lomprico:

I see u have a personal vendetta against mbaka, and there is nothing wrong in rebuking a bad govt. Or their bad policies, I guess that is what democracy is all about, when d senate wanted to approve underage marriage, the whole world cried about it. I think what u want is for we to keep mute and keep suffering under bad leadership like during military dictatorship. Dude dont let ur support for a candidate blind ur sense of reasoning. Speak the truth when u see it. Am neither for pdp or acn candidates left for me I wont pick any of 'em.
keep getting things mixed up
where are yr elected reps to speak out
must it be another body that will see the wrongs?
your mind is corrupt

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Adamu Garba Withdraws From Presidential Race After Raising ₦83.2 Million / Reactions Over Oshiomhole's Allegations That An Ex Minister Stole $6billion / Justice Nnamdi Dimgba: "SSS’ Conduct Disgrace To Democracy”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.