Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,036 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie (28713 Views)

Afenifere, Okogie, Babatope, Others Reply Oyegun: "Buhari Will Lose 2019 If... / Don’t Expect Too Much From Buhari, Cardinal Okogie Tells Nigerians / Mr. President, Stop Mixing Religion With Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by RennyX: 4:25pm On Jan 11, 2015

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by patrotic9gerian: 5:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

support your position with a bible quotation?

Lol. this is evident in modern times...
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by CnCstore: 5:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
Rubbish?what's dangerous abt it? It's dangerous yet he is not comfortable with the situation of Nigeria.being a pastor or imam doesn't mean you should abandon the affairs of your nation.
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by BraveAfrican(m): 5:29pm On Jan 11, 2015
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Amadaz(m): 10:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

do you think ppl will go to pray in adoration if mbaka is transferred to sokoto?
they will go there to worship him,
then that is just their own personal attachment towards him but not connected with your claim.
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Amadaz(m): 10:13pm On Jan 11, 2015
vanbonattel:

do you think ppl will go to pray in adoration if mbaka is transferred to sokoto?
they will go there to worship him,
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Amadaz(m): 10:23pm On Jan 11, 2015
boolet:

Explain jare
just type 'papal conclave' on google, then search. Give me a feedback!
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Afam4eva(m): 4:07am On Jan 12, 2015
Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie should park well. As much as i'm against mixing Religious with politics, these people are only calling out Mbaka because he did not favour their candidate. If he had said all those negative things about Buhari, no one would have said zilch.

3 Likes

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by hotwax: 7:43am On Jan 12, 2015
Anybody that spoke against Jonathan is a fake pastor. Pastor Adeboye endorsed Jonthan last time, if he goes against him now, he will become a fake pastor.

Bunch of Lunaticos
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by larryUG(m): 8:53am On Jan 12, 2015
cramjones:
I endorse what this little boy did to Cardinal Okogie when he heard what this slowpoke said!

-CramJones
U r Nothing. Nope, u r LESS dan Nothing. if not for nairaland, where u remain faceless, u cnt stand up to the cardinal and talk. u cnt even enter into his presence let alone call him a slowpoke. i am not a catholic, buh thank God for Seun, if not for him, cowards like u woudnt be hiding behind Nairaland to diss people who u cnt even measure up to. Coward.
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by ayindejimmy(m): 8:54am On Jan 12, 2015
Father Mbaka was merely stating the obvious. We can't shy away from the fact that this govt is corrupt and a religious leader spoke against it and you people started criticising him. For saying the truth? The issue is.. Was Father Mbaka lying? Did he fabricated any of his comments? That's what we should address.
Prophet Samuel spoke against king Saul in the Bible(1 Samuel 13:14). John the Baptist spoke against Herod ( Matthew 14 1-13)
You people keep telling us religious leaders should not meddle in political affairs but these politicians control our lives and make bad decisions that make some of us commit sins and sometimes instigate us to destroy ourselves. And you're all saying religious leaders should look the other way? We've really lost it in this nation.
Father Mbaka is on point as long as everything he highlighted are not fabricated..
In times like this you have to stand up and represent something... Even though you standing alone... Doesn't mean you're not right. God doesn't deal in numbers

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Revolva(m): 9:19am On Jan 12, 2015
vanbonattel:

if everyone who abuses leaders are true men of God,
then Fela anikulakpo kuti is a true man of God
mbaka is sounding like Fela now cheesy
True true fela was a man of Jah abi no be Jah create am....see mbaka did not abuse jonathan he was just telling the truth in the hard way ok
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Franky9584(m): 10:47am On Jan 12, 2015
Condemn not d annointed of God rather pray 4 dem. I wonder why most pple dat wasn't present during his sermon z talking here. Plz go n listen 2dat video if u werent present dat day b4 u talk. GOD BLESS 9JA
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by lyntiffany(f): 11:44am On Jan 12, 2015
pekeyim:
Yes I have a lot to say abt this 1

It's not in my place to talk like one "cramjones ", Things of the Spirit one needs to speak carefully,
I don't know any Spirit that will say one thing today and tomorrow say another, Except the spirit of "MONEY"!!!
you even misunderstood the priest, during patience visitation it was God that told him that Jonathan owns the seat and there is no vaccany in asorock then in Dec it was the holy spirit that ministered to him that gej is evil. Pls my brother God and holy spirit are they different being?
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by lyntiffany(f): 11:57am On Jan 12, 2015
Elan83:
There is a big dffrnce btw a Rev, Pastor & a Prophet, Nigerians have abt 20milion Rev & pastors but only very few prophets wich Fr,Mbaka is d sweetest of all, d most educated & radicaly possessed by d Holy spirit, frm d ancient tym til nw it teks only few sturbon prophets 2 caution dread monarchs & authocratic kings, durin d tym of Elijah isreal has thousnds of priests & oda men of God but only Elijah was knwn, because he ws a fearless man & a radical prophet, ppl're sayin dat men of God shuld not interfair in politics & u blv dem thereby given some group of occultic men 2 power 2 control u generationly, Elijah, Elisha, Amos, Jeremiah, Isaiah , Micaiah d son of Imlah are gud exmples of radical prophets dat withstood evil & barbaric gvt of old & suceeded in turin it around 4 gud, if anybody drms of closin Adoration Ministry dat psn or psns wil die b4 d plans 're carried, d church of God most live, u cnt stop d Lords Ministry, who're u? Prophet Mbaka is a Blessed Billionaire, A Man of of God dat prospers in evritin he lays his hand upon, A successful & fulfilled seasoned Entreprenure, a Fierce Prophet & a radical entity frm Roman Catholic priesthood, d dffrnt btw Mbaka & dis man is dat Mbaka is Prophet whil d man is an ordinaly earthly priest, pls read dis event btw a prophet & oda ordinaly men of god & a king in governance, pls a most read, u'll draw meanin frm it abt wot is hpnin btw Fr.mbaka & doz ordinaly men of God, 1 Kings 22 vs 6 or strt frm verse 1, dey way i ce tins nw d Glory is or abt 2 depart frm Jonathan, it hpnd 2 saul d 1st king of isreal. Mind u dat God is capable of raisin ur enemy 2 rule ova u if u cnt rule urslves, dats wot is likely goin 2 hpn, God did it 2 his ppl d isrealits, since jonothan can not rule his ppl well, He God can raise Buhari 2 rule jonathan very well but wit anoda styl of rulin, Note: its not advisable 2 fght a prophet or ignore his warnins,rather u shuld humble urslf,wear sackcloth & wit prayers & suplications u ask 4d way forward frm God!
pls don't you ever compare him with prophet Elijah cause he never spoke from the both sides of his mouth.The bible made it clear let your yes be yes and your No be No. And is written that on the last days many fake prophets will come in my name.Be guided.
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by lyntiffany(f): 12:03pm On Jan 12, 2015
ijechikky:
Mbaka confused?? Lol if I hear
Ve u heard stories of him nd d past nd present Govnrs of Enugu,"Chimaroke&Sullivan?
Or about d down-fall of Union Bank??
My brodaa d fear of Mbaka is d begining of wisdom...he categorically knws wat he's doing exceptionally..
there is no fear in fr mbakas folly

1 Like

Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by lyntiffany(f): 12:10pm On Jan 12, 2015
CyberWolf:
We all know how 2003 was conducted by OBJ and Guobadia..After voting Chimaroke as you said,did they stopped attending Mbaka Adoration? Where is Chimaroke today?
hi is presently campaigning for senate house under the party PDC. The man is more handsome and energetic. Mbaka is simply a disgrace ho ha
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by CyberWolf: 12:14pm On Jan 12, 2015
lyntiffany:
hi is presently campaigning for senate house under the party PDC. The man is more handsome and energetic. Mbaka is simply a disgrace ho ha
I'm aware and you think he will defeat Ike Ekweremmadu whom Mbaka has endorsed ?
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by lyntiffany(f): 12:19pm On Jan 12, 2015
CyberWolf:
I'm aware and you think he will defeat Ike Ekweremmadu whom Mbaka has endorsed ?
mtechwwwwww let's watch and see, he is not God.Listen to yourself whom mbaka has endorsed not even God.Putting a mere mortal before he that can not be understood. Fear God that's all I have for you.
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by lyntiffany(f): 12:23pm On Jan 12, 2015
markize:

very well said. Had he canvass for vote for GEJ no clergy would be casting stones on him... The truth is not afraid it 's who will say it that has phobia. Nigeria need more of Mbaka that will tell our clueless, senseless and selflish leader the bitter truth.
the issue here is not canvassing vote for gej but the immortals involved we are talking about the Creator, the Omnipotent, The commander of the universe .We appeal to him not to further disgrace the church cause it is written let your yes be yes.
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by lyntiffany(f): 12:32pm On Jan 12, 2015
vanbonattel:

voice it out in prayers!
is gej too powerful for God to deal with?
why concern the whole congregation and whole country if tou are not seeking for cheap publicity?
They even forget the portion that said pray for your leaders and not to castigate them.
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by lyntiffany(f): 12:46pm On Jan 12, 2015
ayindejimmy:
Father Mbaka was merely stating the obvious. We can't shy away from the fact that this govt is corrupt and a religious leader spoke against it and you people started criticising him. For saying the truth? The issue is.. Was Father Mbaka lying? Did he fabricated any of his comments? That's what we should address.
Prophet Samuel spoke against king Saul in the Bible(1 Samuel 13:14). John the Baptist spoke against Herod ( Matthew 14 1-13)
You people keep telling us religious leaders should not meddle in political affairs but these politicians control our lives and make bad decisions that make some of us commit sins and sometimes instigate us to destroy ourselves. And you're all saying religious leaders should look the other way? We've really lost it in this nation.
Father Mbaka is on point as long as everything he highlighted are the fabricated..
In times like this you have to stand up and represent something... Even though you standing alone... Doesn't mean you're not right. God doesn't deal in numbers
get it right they din't speak from the two sides of their mouth that would have made God a liar but mbaka did.God is not an author of confusion pls
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by CyberWolf: 2:10pm On Jan 12, 2015
lyntiffany:
mtechwwwwww let's watch and see, he is not God.Listen to yourself whom mbaka has endorsed not even God.Putting a mere mortal before he that can not be understood. Fear God that's all I have for you.
so you expect me to say God has endorsed Ekweremmadu? grin..Since the emphasis is on Chimaroke and Mbaka, we should leave it as that...don't bring God into this matter..
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by ayindejimmy(m): 2:28pm On Jan 12, 2015
lyntiffany:
get it right they din't speak from the two sides of their mouth that would have made God a liar but mbaka did.God is not an author of confusion pls
Vengeance is the Lord's
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by ayindejimmy(m): 2:29pm On Jan 12, 2015
lyntiffany:
I think it's you who should get it right. It's the same Samuel that anointed Saul through God's instructions that rebuked him when he started going astray. 1 Samuel 9. So because Father Mbaka praised Gej a week ago means he shouldn't rebuke him again?
When he praised Gej why didn't all these people complaining now raise any eyebrow?
It's wrong and hypocritical for us to conclude that the Father erred... because we can't authoritatively verify he's lying. He has a lot to lose and very few to gain by saying what he said.
If he's lying, God will deal with him accordingly. Vengeance is the Lord's
But if he is not, guess who God will deal with?
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 12, 2015
larryUG:

U r Nothing. Nope, u r LESS dan Nothing. if not for nairaland, where u remain faceless, u cnt stand up to the cardinal and talk. u cnt even enter into his presence let alone call him a slowpoke. i am not a catholic, buh thank God for Seun, if not for him, cowards like u woudnt be hiding behind Nairaland to diss people who u cnt even measure up to. Coward.

Thank you for your counsel. However, I don't need to go to the "presence" of an idiotic and political cardinal that is in support of warped clueless government. Who is Okogie? Is he my father? Is he my uncle? To hell with him and whatever he says! Now bugger off you nitwit!

-CramJones
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by larryUG(m): 4:36pm On Jan 12, 2015
cramjones:

Thank you for your counsel. However, I don't need to go to the "presence" of an idiotic and political cardinal that is in support of warped clueless government. Who is Okogie? Is he my father? Is he my uncle? To hell with him and whatever he says! Now bugger off you nitwit!

-CramJones
talking to u is like talking to sand
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by lyntiffany(f): 4:40pm On Jan 12, 2015
ayindejimmy:

I think it's you who should get it right. It's the same Samuel that anointed Saul through God's instructions that rebuked him when he started going astray. 1 Samuel 9. So because Father Mbaka praised Gej a week ago means he shouldn't rebuke him again?
When he praised Gej why didn't all these people complaining now raise any eyebrow?
It's wrong and hypocritical for us to conclude that the Father erred... because we can't authoritatively verify he's lying. He has a lot to lose and very few to gain by saying what he said.
If he's lying, God will deal with him accordingly. Vengeance is the Lord's
But if he is not, guess who God will deal with?
listen to your god damn self, check the interval that Samuel went to caution Saul , it wasn't within two weeks Mr read your Bible and plz don't turn it upside down as you will incur the wrath of God
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by pekeyim: 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2015
lyntiffany:
you even misunderstood the priest, during patience visitation it was God that told him that Jonathan owns the seat and there is no vaccany in asorock then in Dec it was the holy spirit that ministered to him that gej is evil. Pls my brother God and holy spirit are they different being?

Fw: To Father Mbaka pls. cheesy grin
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by lyntiffany(f): 5:33pm On Jan 12, 2015
pekeyim:

Fw: To Father Mbaka pls. cheesy grin
You can do better on that angry grin
Re: Father Mbaka Saga: ’Mixing Religion With Politics Is Dangerous' -Cardinal Okogie by ayindejimmy(m): 6:44pm On Jan 12, 2015
lyntiffany:
listen to your god damn self, check the interval that Samuel went to caution Saul , it wasn't within two weeks Mr read your Bible and plz don't turn it upside down as you will incur the wrath of God
We see things the way we are, not the way things are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Should Take Over INEC And Other Institutions - Oyegun / Disappointments Trails Presidential Media Chat As Buhari Declines Live Interview / Why We Declared Benue Governorship Election Inconclusive – INEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.