Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,166 members, 7,829,167 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career (2075 Views)

Ajimobi Demands Apology From Schools That Protested Against His Education Policy / Amaechi Loses His Temper On A LoveFM Presenter Who Exposed His Hipocrisy / LIVE! Watch Buhari Exposed On AIT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by LRNZH(m): 8:34am On Jan 11, 2015

BY LAWRENCE ENYIOGHASU

Well, not exactly the untold story of former military head of state and presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC). It is more like Muhammadu Buhari’s ‘unknown’ story, as not many Nigerians are familiar with the book written by Rosaline Odeh, the then Head of Research and Documentation Section, Federal Department of Information, in May 1984.

The book, Muhammadu Buhari: Nigeria’s Seventh Head of State, was published by the Federal Department of Information, Domestic Publicity Division, Ikoyi Road, Lagos. It is in seven chapters of 95 pages, and details the early life, educational qualifications, career, and thoughts of the then head of state.

Chapter 1 is on parentage and background of the Daura, Katsina State-born retired military officer and politician. He was the 13th and last child of his mother, and also the last of his father’s 23 children.

Gen. Buhari’s father was Hardo Adamu, a Fulani chief of Dumukorl, a village near Daura. He, however, died when the young Muhammadu was just four years old. All he can remember of him is that “he was tall and fair in complexion.” The young boy ended being brought up by his mother, Hajia Zulaihalu Musa, who had great influence on him.

Chapter 2 is on Buhari’s childhood and early education. This is the portion that, perhaps, unravels the current raging debate on his academic credentials.

At the age of six, the book says, General Buhari was enrolled at the Central Primary School, Daura. His nephew, Mamman, who is two and a half years older, says of the young pupil: “He was above average academically and more than usual naughty.” Buhari himself corroborated: “I was a truant in primary school. I spent a lot of my time playing around. But when I went to secondary school, I changed.”

Classmates at Daura Primary School remember Buhari as a fast runner and centre forward for the school football team. He was always neatly dressed. He was to finish primary education in 1955 at Kankia Primary School.

In 1956, he proceeded to the Katsina Provisional Secondary School (now Government College, Katsina. According to his schoolmates, he had then become “a serious and hardworking student who tried to excel in everything he did.” Deeply religious, he said his prayers regularly, and was among those who made prayer calls at 4:30a.m.

Who were some of Buhari’s classmates, and what did they say of him?

General Shehu Musa Yar’Adua (now deceased): “He worked fairly hard at his studies and games. He was reserved. He was one of the few boys in the school trusted by his classmates, and was quite dependable.”

Alhaji Fathu Abdullahi: "He made a lot of friends from outside his Daura group. He was very broadminded. Very serious for his age and had no time for frivolous talks. He was very religious, even at the age of 12.”

Mallam Muktari, Zango: “He used to baffle me. He was so strong-willed and principled. He always stood his ground and did not follow the crowd.”

Buhari was a school monitor in Class 2, later a school prefect, a house captain, and ultimately he was made the head boy of the school.

According to the book, of all the boys who applied to join the Army from Katsina Secondary School, only two were taken. Muhammadu Buhari and Shehu Yar’Adua. They both ended up as Generals.

Chapter 3 is on Buhari’s military career, which he started at Nigerian Military Training College, Katsina, in 1962. He then went to the Young Officers Course No. 5 at the Nigerian Military Training College, Kaduna, from May 1963 to July 1963, Mons Officers Cadet School, Aldershot, in the United Kingdom, and he was commissioned in the rank of Second Lieutenant and posted to 2nd Infantry Battalion in Abeokuta as a Platoon Commander

What are some of the other courses Buhari attended? According to the book, he was at the Army Mechanical Transport Officer’s Course in Bordon, United Kingdom from May 1965 to June of the same year, Defence Services Staff College, Wellington, India, from January to November 1973, and Army War College, U.S.A, from July 1979 to July 1980.
During the Nigerian Civil War, he was the Brigade Major of the 3rd Infantry Brigade, and Commander, 31st Infantry Brigade.

Chapter 4
is titled ‘Food for Thought,’ and it chronicles Gen Buhari’s views on different national and international issues. It also dwells on his private life and family

‘Landmarks Along the Way’ is the title of Chapter 5. It details Buhari’s footprints on the sands of time: as governor, minister, a member of the Supreme Military Council (SMC), General Officer Commanding (GOC), and call to duty as head of state.

Chapter 6 is on ‘A Journey Into the Past.’ What are readers served here? The influences on Buhari’s early life that made him what he became, particularly as a modest, self-effacing man. Hear his comment on leadership: “If there is anything we need in this country, it is leadership, and I also think, if there is anything we have in this country, they are good soldiers. If you stay with your men, and train with them, they will follow you. Much will be accomplished. If you stay with them and train with them, they will do anything.”

And his philosophy? “You will never succeed if you are unjust to your people.”

The final chapter: ‘Moment of Decision.’ Here, readers will get the appraisal and comments of people on Buhari. They include Dr Onolapo Soleye, his Minister of Finance, the Emir of Daura, Gen Musa Yar’Adua, Alhaji Mamman Daura, Gen Martin Adamu, and many others. Adamu, who was Buhari’s Commander during the civil war, said: “I am saying with all sense of responsibility. I don’t think he is an ambitious man. He feels strongly about Nigeria as a country. Given the support of the Armed Forces and the public, there is no reason he should not succeed. This time is the last chance for Nigeria’s survival and territorial integrity. I believe everything he said in his first speech.”

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=99541

1 Like

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 11, 2015
How this translates to his certificate beats my imagination embarassed embarassed embarassed

11 Likes

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by tsleazy(m): 8:44am On Jan 11, 2015
so..............erm......where is the certificate, even kindergarten

8 Likes

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 11, 2015
. . . . . . If you want to campaign for Buhari, give Jonathan the microphone !!!

4 Likes

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by temitemi1(m): 8:49am On Jan 11, 2015
No academic records but we know he was the 13th of 23 children n how his mother was fond of him grin grin grin... Buhari, where is ur certificate GEJ till buhari produce his certificate!!

7 Likes

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by LRNZH(m): 9:10am On Jan 11, 2015
All the illiterates in the house. I hail o.

Kindly contact any of the institutions listed above in the OP to confirm if GMB never graduated from any of them.

You people don't know the meaning of a certificate. It is only as genuine as the word of the institution that backs it. Ask the certificate issuer if GMB doesn't have one as claimed.

Stop exposing yourselves like GEJ is doing now. Everytime he opens his mouth na errors.
No be only "How Much Did Nwobodo stole?"

UniPort PhD is being rubbished on a constant basis for the last 6 years. If I were the VC of UniPort I will come out and disown GEJ's PhD to reduce further damage to UniPort's reputation.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by LRNZH(m): 10:24am On Jan 11, 2015
While the book was written in 1984, and covers GMB's military era, you can read details about his post military era achievements in PTF here: https://www.nairaland.com/2071401/ptf-shining-gloom-buhari-success
You will not be disappointed.
Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by egift(m): 10:58am On Jan 11, 2015
GMB all the way!

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by OLADD: 11:17am On Jan 11, 2015
LRNZH:

Kindly contact any of the institutions listed above in the OP to confirm if GMB never graduated from any of them.

You people don't know the meaning of a certificate. It is only as genuine as the word of the institution that backs it. Ask the certificate issuer if GMB doesn't have one as claimed.

Stop exposing yourselves like GEJ is doing now. Everytime he opens his mouth na errors.

UniPort PhD is being rubbished on a constant basis for the last 6 years. If I were the VC of UniPort I will come out and disown GEJ's PhD to reduce further damage to UniPort's reputation.

You must be crazy and intellectually demented. Do you think Nairaland is for Mr. Ibus and Babasuwes which you seems to be? The last time you attended a job interview, did you tell the panelists to retrieve your school cert from the adult school you attended? What a dull brain? Gosh!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by LRNZH(m): 11:46am On Jan 11, 2015
OLADD:

You must be crazy and demented intellectually. Do you think Nairaland is for Mr. Ibus and Babasuwes which you seems to be? The last time you attended a job interview, did you tell the panelists to retrieve your school cert from the adult school you attended? What a dull brain? Gosh!!!

[b]After all these insults you will see proofs as to why you should direct them to yourself.

If I have a job interview today and my certificates are missing by some act out of my powers, would I skip the interview just because I don't have them? No.

I will appear before the panel with an affidavit stating why I don't have copies of my certificates in my possession. The onus is on the interviewer to still grant me the interview to check the intelligent stuff in my head and then either make contacts with the institutions I claim to have attended or give me a time frame to get supporting documentation - replacement certificates or emails etc to prove my claim if they like my brain.

Infact, reputable organisations still do background checks on recent employees just to confirm that their claimed documentations are genuine. The word of the institution supercedes the paper certificate.

Just because you are particularly used to being insulted and treated like an animal by mushroom companies during job interviews doesn't mean that companies throw people with genuine reasons for lost documents out of the interview hall.

Also, because you guys don't want an issue based campaign, that is why you harp on the certificate issue. Why don't PDP go ahead and research GMB's educational background and show us the loopholes. If they can do that, 2015 is theirs on a platter. PDP is either a very lazy bunch of individuals or they recognise that it is a non issue.

By the way you don't even throw stones in a glass house. I bet you with the way Jonathan speaks with massive error of intellect and grammar all the time, a lot of Nigerians doubt he earned his PhD legitimately.

You can see who deserves those insults of yours already. You're welcome. [/b]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by OLADD: 12:03pm On Jan 11, 2015
LRNZH:

[b]After all these insults you will see prove as to why you should direct them to yourself.

If I have a job interview today and my certificates are missing by some act out of my powers, would I skip the interview just because I don't have them? No.

I will appear before the panel with an affidavit stating why I don't have copies of my certificates in my possession. The onus is on the interviewer to still grant me the interview to check the intelligent stuff in my head and then either make contacts with the institutions I claim to have attended or give me a time frame to get supporting documentation - replacement certificates or emails etc to prove my claim if they like my brain.

Infact, reputable organisations still do background checks on recent employees just to confirm that their claimed documentations are genuine. The word of the institution supercedes the paper certificate.

Just because you are particularly used to being insulted and treated like an animal by mushroom companies during job interviews doesn't mean that companies throw people with genuine reasons for lost documents out of the interview hall.

Also, because you guys don't want an issue based campaign, that is why you harp on the certificate issue. Why don't PDP go ahead and research GMB's educational background and show is the loopholes. If they can do that, 2015 is theirs on a platter. PDP's is either a very lazy bounch of individuals or they recognise that it is a non issue.

By the way you don't even throw stones in a glass house. I bet you with the way Jonathan speaks with massive error of intellect and grammar everytime he attempts to say something, a lot of Nigerians doubt he earned his PhD legitimately.

You can see who deserves those insults of yours already. You're welcome. [/b]

Go through your post again and convince Nairalanders why they should not question your mental and intellect state. No reasonable employer will accept only, I repeat only affidavit in place of a misplaced cerificate. Rather, such affidavit must be backed up by an attestation letter from the institutions where the certificate(s) were obtained and that was exactly what VP Sambo did. If you don't want to be insulted, keep your mouth(phone) permanently quite and stop insulting the intelligence of Nairalanders via kindergatten postings.

5 Likes

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by LRNZH(m): 12:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
OLADD:

Go through your post again and convince Nairalanders why they should not question your mental and intellect states. No reasonable prospective employer will accept only, I repeat only affidavit in place of a misplaced cerificate. Rather, such affidavit must be backed up by an attestation letter from the institutions where the certificate(s) were obtained and that was exactly what VP Sambo did. If you don't want to be insulted, keep your mouth(phone) permanently quite and stop insulting the intelligence of Nairalanders via kindergatten articles.

Your judgement is seriously clouded by the low intellect of TAN you support. What have you stated differently from what I typed and you quoted?

So u didn't read this part:

LRNZH:

After all these insults you will see prove as to why you should direct them to yourself.

Also, because you guys don't want an issue based campaign, that is why you harp on the certificate issue. Why don't PDP go ahead and research GMB's educational background and show is the loopholes. If they can do that, 2015 is theirs on a platter. PDP's is either a very lazy bounch of individuals or they recognise that it is a non issue.
By the way you don't even throw stones in a glass house. I bet you with the way Jonathan speaks with massive error of intellect and grammar everytime he attempts to say something, a lot of Nigerians doubt he earned his PhD legitimately.
You can see who deserves those insults of yours already. You're welcome.

You can not even recognise the same argument put forward using different registers. I'm sorry but you're on my side on this one. Ask around. Learn to control the thrush in your foul mouth while at it. grin

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by huptin(m): 12:34pm On Jan 11, 2015
OLADD:

Go through your post again and convince Nairalanders why they should not question your mental and intellect states. No reasonable prospective employer will accept only, I repeat only affidavit in place of a misplaced cerificate. Rather, such affidavit must be backed up by an attestation letter from the institutions where the certificate(s) were obtained and that was exactly what VP Sambo did. If you don't want to be insulted, keep your mouth(phone) permanently quite and stop insulting the intelligence of Nairalanders via kindergatten articles.

I got a job with a very reputable Bank in Nigeria with just my statement of result not certificate, the bank took the pains to contact my school to confirm if i ever attended the school.

1 Like

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by rozayx5(m): 12:35pm On Jan 11, 2015
huptin:

I got a job with a very reputable Bank in Nigeria with just my statement of result not certificate, the bank took the pains to contact my school to confirm if i ever attended the school.

so buhari no get statement of result

3 Likes

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by arewaempire: 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
LRNZH:

"How much did Nwobodo stole?"

How did GEJ get his PhD?

#UniportMustReviewGEJ'sResult

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by OLADD: 1:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
huptin:

Oh my God! Bros why nowwwwww? Is statement of resut the same thing as affidafit? Haba! Did Buhari present any of such statements to INEC? This thing na common sense now. Honestly, I don't expect an ex-banker to think this way! I rest my case here, I beg.

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by Freelancer00(m): 1:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
What do u guys want this certificate for? Isn't there any other way to attack the integrity of this man? This certificate thingy is getting stale and annoying.
Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by ItsMeAboki(m): 2:13pm On Jan 11, 2015
The difference is clear

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by ezugegere(m): 2:54pm On Jan 11, 2015
ALL WE ARE ASKING IS, SHOW US A PROOF THAT YOU'RE QUALIFIED! SHOW EVIDENCE! SHOW YOUR CERTIFICATES!!!
Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by LRNZH(m): 3:01pm On Jan 11, 2015
ezugegere:
ALL WE ARE ASKING IS, SHOW US A PROOF THAT YOU'RE QUALIFIED! SHOW EVIDENCE! SHOW YOUR CERTIFICATES!!!

Why is it so difficult to explain this concept to you guys. If you have doubts about GMB, make contacts with all the institutions he has claimed to attend. Let them verify his claims or not.
That OLADD guy is a dud for feeling strongly about a non issue. It is a non issue until someone can prove that he has falsified his academic/military qualifications.
Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by atlwireles: 3:13pm On Jan 11, 2015
A man that should have retired from the army as corporal is called a fraudulent major general today. Yet, this no primary six certificate general is the messiah coming to fight corruption on behalf of his almajiris followers.

Tell your fake general to present the credentials, he used for entry into the army in 1962. Let's see, who is corruption personified in Nigeria. angry angry

1 Like

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by MalcoImX: 3:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
OLADD:

You must be crazy and intellectually demented. Do you think Nairaland is for Mr. Ibus and Babasuwes which you seems to be? The last time you attended a job interview, did you tell the panelists to retrieve your school cert from the adult school you attended? What a dull brain? Gosh!!!
If a should write your biography and titled it Mr Oladd: His Education, Life And Career, do I need to display your educational certificates. If that is done, and going by the topic then your your birth certificate, marriage certificate, children's birth certificate, awards. etc. needs to be provided too.
Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by omenka(m): 3:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
modelmike7:
. . . . . . If you want to campaign for Buhari, give Jonathan the microphone !!!
Hmmm. Kinda deep. cool

2 Likes

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by MalcoImX: 3:53pm On Jan 11, 2015
atlwireles:
A man that should have retired from the army as corporal is called a fraudulent major general today. Yet, this no primary six certificate general is the messiah coming to fight corruption on behalf of his almajiris followers.

Tell your fake general to present the credentials, he used for entry into the army in 1962. Let's see, who is corruption personified in Nigeria. angry angry
Tell Namadi Sambo to present his too!
Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by NoreenUG(f): 4:00pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hian! So it's now "Katsina secondary school" he attended?
no longer "Barewa college" as some of his supporters claimed here (even by posting a fake site 'acknowledging' buhari)?

i still dey watch.

See the supposed website they claim belongs to barewa college: http://barewacollegezaria.yolasite.com/about-us.php

which one are we supposed to believe, abi una no get time to properly "synchronize" ur lies? grin
Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by shizzle11(m): 4:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
How does the above jargon translate to WAEC certificate?

#buharishowusyourwaecresult
Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 11, 2015
You nailed him!

LRNZH:

Your judgement is seriously clouded by the low intellect of TAN you support. What have you stated differently from what I typed and you quoted?

So u didn't read this part:

You can not even recognise the same argument put forward using different registers. I'm sorry but you're on my side on this one. Ask around. Learn to control the thrush in your foul mouth while at it. grin

1 Like

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jan 11, 2015
GMB!!

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by LRNZH(m): 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2015
NoreenUG:
Hian! So it's now "Katsina secondary school" he attended?
no longer "Barewa college" as some of his supporters claimed here (even by posting a fake site 'acknowledging' buhari)?

i still dey watch.

See the supposed website they claim belongs to barewa college: http://barewacollegezaria.yolasite.com/about-us.php

which one are we supposed to believe, abi una no get time to properly "synchronize" ur lies? grin

I respect you for picking out that 'apparent discrepancy'.

Actually, Barewa college used to be known as Kastina College then Kaduna College before it became Barewa College.
Check the Nairaland post you refer to again. It is stated there
https://www.nairaland.com/2073467/name-muhammadu-buhari-barewa-college
Wikipedia states the same as well. I had to go back and check facts on this one too.
But it is clean information.
Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 11, 2015
LRNZH:

I respect you for picking out that 'apparent discrepancy'.

Actually, Barewa college used to be known as Kastina College then Kaduna College before it became Barewa College.
Check the Nairaland post you refer to again. It is stated there
[url]https://www.nairaland.com/2073467/name-muhammadu-buhari-barewa-college [/url]
Wikipedia states the same as well. I had to go back and check facts on this one too.
But it is clean information.

Lets see how he would spin it now.

You have cornered him

good Job!

#GMB15

1 Like

Re: BUHARI EXPOSED ■ His Education, Life And Career by LRNZH(m): 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2015
Aigipan:

Lets see how he would spin it now.

You have cornered him

good Job!

#GMB15

It is actually a she but she made a good observation. However, the facts are on GMB's side.

When arguing about GMB, I have never feared that I will be disappointed by any fact check.

(1) (Reply)

Letter From Shehu Shagari To Buhari / Gowon In Trouble.. / Yoruba Youths Have Lost Influence, Respect Of Nigerians - Adeyemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.