Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,954 members, 7,821,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Misconceptions About The Baptism And Gifts Of The Holy Spirit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Misconceptions About The Baptism And Gifts Of The Holy Spirit (2197 Views)

Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? / How To Receive HOLY GHOST Baptism / Are We Saved By Faith Or By Water Baptism? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Misconceptions About The Baptism And Gifts Of The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 04, 2015
Written to correct errors in the churches of God on earth.

Baptism Of The Holy Spirit

1. WHEN QUESTION: Many maintained in churches today one receive the Holy Spirit only after water baptism: citing the baptism of disciples whom Paul prayed for.Another scripture they misquoted and miscontrued is found in Acts 2:38.This interpretation is invalid according to the Spirit of Truth .One receive the Holy Spirit when he repent.But Repent of what? Of their Sin of course.What then is their Sin? John 16:9 "Concerning sin because they do not believe in me" .Once you Repent of Sin which is unbelief that Jesus of Nazareth is the Christ(The saviour of the world;the Son of God) you receive the Holy Spirit as promised by Jesus in John 7:38 "He who believes in me as the Scripture says,'Out of his heart shall flow rivers of living water".

2. EVIDENCE: Pentescostals affirmed that speaking in tongue is the evidence of being baptized with the Holy Spirit.This is not only wrong but demonic.Citing the Event on the Pentecost day they make erroneous conclusion.The speaking in tongues on the day of Pentecost(quite different from pentecostals tongue) is not a result of being baptized with the Spirit but being filled with the Spirit.The evidence as stated in the promise in Joel 2:28-32 is the gift of prophecy.Prophecy is not someone saying "And I prophecy to someone here tonight" but understanding the Truth of the Bible and declaring the great work of God; the things done in the past and things of the future. Every Christain has the gift of prophecy

Gifts Of The Spirit

3. NUMBERING: The gifts of the Spirit they acclaimed are the ones listed in 1 Cor 12:1-11.This is not only wrong but specious and misleading. The same Spirit that fell upon David is the same that is in every Christain who believe in Christ as the Lord of All.Now David is Known to play harp and the sound of the harp chase away evil spirit .The gifts of the Spirit are many to be numbered.Some have the gift of speaking, some are gifted preacher,some gifted to play musical instrument.The Gift of worship is not listed in the asserted Scripture but who can deny this excellent gift in Don Moen? or in Ron kenoly?

4. FOR WHAT : Explanation given is "Those who preach the gospel shall live by the gospel".What a wonderful way to justify one greediness.The gifts of the Spirit were not given to glorify one self neither is it meant to turn you to God or a license to be a G.O rather it's meant to build up the church, to give a room for God to bear witness to you that you are his son.
Re: Misconceptions About The Baptism And Gifts Of The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 04, 2015
none of this is making sense.
Study well before you write articles.
Re: Misconceptions About The Baptism And Gifts Of The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 04, 2015
sportsmaster:
none of this is making sense.
Study well before you write articles.
They have ears but cannot hear
Re: Misconceptions About The Baptism And Gifts Of The Holy Spirit by Olumyco(m): 9:56pm On Jul 04, 2015
The baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire is the same as d infilling of d Holy Spirit. This was what the apostles at the upper room experienced and it is evident by speaking in tongues.
One receive this experience after sanctification. There are three xtian experiences. Salvation, Sanctification and Holy Ghost Baptism.

The gift of tongue is what Paul explained in 1 cor 14 which is a sign.

You tried by coming up with d article but the correct thing is what I av just given above. If u disagree u can research more and besides I av d practical experience. Thanks
Re: Misconceptions About The Baptism And Gifts Of The Holy Spirit by Olumyco(m): 9:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
The baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire is the same as d infilling of d Holy Spirit. This was what the apostles at the upper room experienced on d day of Pentecost and it is evident by speaking in tongues.
One receives this experience after sanctification. There are three xtian experiences. Salvation, Sanctification and Holy Ghost Baptism.

You tried by coming up with d article but the correct thing is what I av just given above. If u disagree u can research more and besides I av d practical experience. Thanks
Re: Misconceptions About The Baptism And Gifts Of The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 05, 2015
Olumyco:
The baptism of the Holy Ghost and fire is the same as d infilling of d Holy Spirit. This was what the apostles at the upper room experienced on d day of Pentecost and it is evident by speaking in tongues.
One receives this experience after sanctification. There are three xtian experiences. Salvation, Sanctification and Holy Ghost Baptism.

1. Baptism and filling is. not the same.... The Galatians have the Holy Spirit but not filled with the Spirit apostle Paul called them "Foolish". And That's is Why the Apostles say "Be filled with the Spirit" and not "Be baptized with the Spirit".

2.Any Scripture that justify Speaking in tongues as an evidence of having the Holy Spirit? If it's true Why did Apostle Paul ask the church in Corinth "Do all speak with tongues?" If all did not speak in tongues it will according to you means they don't have the Holy Spirit. Which contradict the promise of God that a believer receive the gift of the Holy Spirit the moment he comes to Jesus.

3. Believers are sanctified the moment they believe in Christ. "Chosen and destined by God the Father and sanctified by the Holy Spirit for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood".You see now one cannot be sanctified unless he has the Holy Spirit? better reframed "Spirit Baptism preceed Sanctification" for it's the Spirit that sanctify.

4. "If anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ he does not belong to him" that means he is not saved because the gift of eternal life is the Holy Spirit.But you are saying Salvation comes before Spirit Baptism,how can there be salvation without the Baptism of the Holy Spirit?

5. The Christain Faith is not researched company.Muhammad have practical evidence.... that does not make it true.Satanic speak in tongues and heal it does not make them true.Tongue is never a sign of Holy Spirit Baptism but prophecy is.When the Spirit come upon the chosen in Isreal they prophecy... throughout it's prophecy. Looking at what Jesus said "The Fruit" is the evidence of being baptized with the Holy Spirit. Tongue is never evidence.
Re: Misconceptions About The Baptism And Gifts Of The Holy Spirit by Olumyco(m): 10:16am On Jul 06, 2015
starlingslimnet:

1. Baptism and filling is. not the same.... The Galatians have the Holy Spirit but not filled with the Spirit apostle Paul called them "Foolish". And That's is Why the Apostles say "Be filled with the Spirit" and not "Be baptized with the Spirit".

2.Any Scripture that justify Speaking in tongues as an evidence of having the Holy Spirit? If it's true Why did Apostle Paul ask the church in Corinth "Do all speak with tongues?" If all did not speak in tongues it will according to you means they don't have the Holy Spirit. Which contradict the promise of God that a believer receive the gift of the Holy Spirit the moment he comes to Jesus.

3. Believers are sanctified the moment they believe in Christ. "Chosen and destined by God the Father and sanctified by the Holy Spirit for obedience to Jesus Christ and for sprinkling with his blood".You see now one cannot be sanctified unless he has the Holy Spirit? better reframed "Spirit Baptism preceed Sanctification" for it's the Spirit that sanctify.

4. "If anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ he does not belong to him" that means he is not saved because the gift of eternal life is the Holy Spirit.But you are saying Salvation comes before Spirit Baptism,how can there be salvation without the Baptism of the Holy Spirit?

5. The Christain Faith is not researched company.Muhammad have practical evidence.... that does not make it true.Satanic speak in tongues and heal it does not make them true.Tongue is never a sign of Holy Spirit Baptism but prophecy is.When the Spirit come upon the chosen in Isreal they prophecy... throughout it's prophecy. Looking at what Jesus said "The Fruit" is the evidence of being baptized with the Holy Spirit. Tongue is never evidence.

Thanks. U've just diverted into another issue. Let me clarify the holy spirit issue:

There r three different and distinct christian experiences. Salvation, sanctification & baptism of d Holy Spirit and fire.
At salvation u av a small measure of d spirit of God. Infact d moment u get saved from sins ( committed sins) u will experience d spirit of God as said in romans 8 vs 16. At salvation u become a child of God,a new creature in Christ.

At sanctification d spirit of God increases. Sanctification is to remove the adamic nature in us that make us to sin. Sin is dual. We have the "nature" and the "act". That is, the inbred sin and the committed sins. Salvation takes care of our committed sins while sanctification takes care of inbred or inherited sin. It is at sanctification one becomes holy. Prophet Isaiah experienced dis. read Isaiah 6:1-13. The disciples of Jesus experienced dis sanctification when Jesus prayed for them. read john 17:17. Sanctification is d major problem of d cities dat Paul wrote letters too. In fact most of those letters in d new testament were addressed to saints dat r only saved. The letter by Jude is addressed to those sanctified. read Jude.

At baptism of d Holy Ghost & Fire u receive an overflow of d spirit of God. It happened to d apostles on d day of Pentecost. They spoke in another lang dat is being spoken on earth. I think dis is where many churches and Christians r getting it wrong. it is not d rubbish pple just formulate. infact it is d spirit of God dat will give one utterance. It is not intended but subconsciously come out. At Holy Ghost baptism one can speak Arabic, anoda can speak German etc. The essence of dis is to give power for service. read acts 2, acts 10 vs 44 - 48
#Personally I have had these experiences. I got saved, sanctified and baptism of d holy spirit and fire and I spoke in tongues. It was not intentional but expected. The holy spirit triggered dis in me.

To understand dis concept vary well try to read any of d material of John welsly on sanctification. It is a very sensitive issue in Christendom. u can study d book of act very well and u will understand baptism of Holy Ghost and fire very well.

As for d concept of the different measure of d Spirit of God earlier explained u can study the bk of Ezekiel d part day has to do with d his river vision experience.

The gift of tongue as mentioned in 1 cor 14 is rooted in sign and by research and Critical study is more of using other lang to communicate viz prophesying which need an interpreter. U know more abt dis thru critical study and prayer.

Anyways I believe we r all learning and someday whatever is not clear will b cleared when we get to heaven. I believe we will see each other in heaven and rejoice we made it.
Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Exposing Sexual Immorality In The New Age Church / Question To The Atheists! / Again... Watchtower Dabbles Into Occultism, Using Occultism Symphony.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.