Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,792 members, 7,820,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:29 PM

Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin (954 Views)

Buhari’s Bodyguards Weep & Protest Over "Hijacking Of The President By Cabals" / Response To Femi Fani-kayode’s Diatribe Against PMB By Rotimi Fashakin / Why I’m Not Proud To Call Buhari My President — Aribisala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin by tayooluwole: 12:31pm On Jan 11, 2015
Letter to my President: By all means, Please avoid a ‘Gbagbo’ treatment!

Sir, I know this missive from me to you is at a risk. I am aware of the fatwa issued by your very passionate aide that anyone who engages in any communication that is perceived as disrespectful to your person shall be arrested. This aide had once ennobled you to the status of Jesus Christ; there is undoubtedly so much veneration of your person! I am also aware of the immense pressure you are in to allow the Directorate of Security Services (DSS) deal, with utter ruthlessness, anyone that is not favourably disposed to your continued reign on the Throne. The Nigeria Police Force, according to the Police Act in section 9(4)&(5) and also the constitution in Section 215 (3), is under your operational control! All these powers can make any Human being assume oracular status.
I am therefore aware of your venerated position as the Principality in the Nigerian nation space. This fact is not lost on me that, in terms of what you are capable of doing (with impunity), you are more powerful than the president of the United States of America! Sir, you will now appreciate the ambivalence I struggled with to finally write this letter to you. I look back into our recent history and, with relish, remember the late Anglican Arch-bishop, Rt. Revd. Joseph Abiodun Adetiloye. He is fondly remembered for his many letters to the Late Nigerian Head of State, General Sani Abacha. It was a period of extreme human rights’ abuses and inconceivable cloud of darkness over the land. But in extreme show of inimitable courage, this cleric pushed through his letters. In one of the letters, he admonished the military junta thus: “Don’t ‘sergeant Doe’ yourself!” Suffice to say that, at this time, men had their courage failing them and would prefer to keep sealed lips to the atrocities in the land. It was at that time that the Junta planned to transmute from a military President to a civilian president. All the five political parties in the land had surrendered to the Junta’s suzerainty over them. Needless to say that Sergeant Doe died after he failed to see the need to read the times correctly.
Let me hit at the point directly now. You came into the office of the President, first by default in May 2010 when your predecessor and Boss, President Umar Musa-Yar’adua, died in office. There was a tiny cabal –comprising of the close associates of the former – that attempted to block your being acknowledged as Acting President. There was unity among the divers peoples of Nigeria to fight that injustice. I remember that, on 14th January, 2010, General Muhammadu Buhari, together with Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, submitted a letter to the Senate President for your being sworn in as acting President. After becoming substantive president by default, you started pummeling your enemies, the little but powerful cabal, that once delayed your appointment as acting President, with very insidious ethno-religious propaganda.
Being the first Southern Minority to seek the highest political office in the land, you preyed on these sentiments, coupled with some political gerrymandering as the incumbent president, you won convincingly at the 2011 presidential polls. That was the crescendo of your popularity among the Nigerian people. Suddenly, you started taking very unpopular actions that estranged you from the people. Ex-militants started having more unfettered access to you than official aides and ministers of state. Aside spending (without appropriation) $16 Billion on fuel subsidy, your New Year message to Nigerians (after your election) was a 150% hike in the cost of fuel. It took widespread protests by the people before the hike was reduced to 49%. Of course, this reduction did not prevent the spiraling inflation on goods and services in the land. You started showing hubristic dispositions to matters of corruption with your body language tacitly approving the deafening spate of shady deals by your cabinet members. You promised to employ a sizeable number of our youths in your electioneering campaign in 2011. Nigerian Immigration Service (under the supervision of the Ministry of Interior) brought out advertisement for Job vacancies. The first thing was that, away from the previous practice before your administration, the Immigration department was blanked out of the recruitment process by the ministry of Interior. Furthermore, each applicant was charged one thousand naira. Eventually, the Ministry bungled the process and caused the death of nineteen young Nigerians, whose only iniquity was that they were unemployed. Despite the hoopla that was made, the Minister of Interior, Comrade Abba Moro, is still sitting pretty in his position with no form of recrimination. We were told that Mr. Moro was introduced to your cabinet by a powerful ally, whose friendship you are willing to subsume your responsibility to the Nigerian people for. Our constitutional provisions provide for oversight function of the National Assembly with a view to gauging compliance with appropriation law. But with utter disdain for the rule of law, members of your cabinet have, lately, spurned invitations by the Federal Law makers. You have as your media aides a band of spin doctors with adversarial disposition. The critique of your administration by Citizens was often shot down with cruelty. No Nigerian, however respected, is spared the literary assault of your men in the defense of your administration. It is often said that it is iniquitous to beat a baby and forbid same from crying. Indeed, your policies and actions have drawn anguish in our souls; we are forbidden from crying out because your aides are also around to refuse our tears from being visible to you. For more than six months, over hundred and fifty school girls disappeared from the love of their parents because Terrorists abducted them. Initially, you tried to debunk the story and tried hard to suppress it. The reality of the situation is that the last Christmas was bleak for the families of these girls because, as the Yoruba say “it is better to report of a dead child than a missing child.” On the score of protecting our lives, we are not sure of your commitment to this as the President/Commander-in-chief of the Armed forces. The other day, there was a massive bomb blast in Nyanya, Abuja. You visited the sight and showed a mournful, sardonic look when you saw the gory sight of splattered blood and dismembered bodies of the dead at the bombing site. Some of us started changing our minds that, ‘at last, there will be some commitment to the prosecution of the war on terror.’ But we were dead wrong; the day following, you were in Kano in an illegal campaign rally and dancing deliriously with no iota of sobriety for the pains of the people you are leading. What befuddled many watchers was that you did not order postponement of the event because of the unfortunate act of terror in the land then. The question is: would you show such insensitivity if any of your close relations was involved in that tragic incident in Nyanya? I recall that about a week ago, you lost your younger sister; the earlier schedule for the inauguration of your Presidential campaign committee was shifted by one day! Sir, let me freely share with you a piece of information: in December, 2012, the acolytes of General Muhammadu Buhari (GMB) were putting together arrangements for his 70th Birthday party on the 17th December, 2012. Indeed, Bishop Matthew Hazzan Kukah was already contacted as the guest speaker; caterers had been contacted and mobilized. Suddenly, the former Kaduna Governor, Mr Patrick Yakowa and the former National Security Adviser, General Andrew Azazi, were involved in a fatal helicopter crash in Bayelsa state. General Buhari cancelled the Birthday lecture in a manner that portrayed the true statesmanlike spirit in him!
Sir, having been boxed into a cocoon by your making, you have now found it necessary to come out to seek out the same Nigerian people you do not ‘give a damn’ about their welfare. Why? It is time for another election! Unfortunately, the overwhelming opinion among the people is that you have failed in discharging your responsibilities as the President to them in the last four years. In this period, however, a former Nigerian leader (with antecedents of patriotic love for the fatherland) had sold himself to the people. In the various geo-political zones of the country, there is growing popularity of this Patriot. His name is General Muhammadu Buhari. The latest endorsement of his candidacy came from an unexpected source – the heart of the south East- and from a Christian cleric. This is symptomatic of the damaging bruises of disappointments that the Nigerian people (irrespective of tribe and religion) have suffered in the last four years under your administration.
Sir, please, let me draw a parallel of your stewardship with that of the former Ivorien President, Mr. Laurent Gbagbo. Like you, he is well educated as a Historian and with knowledge of physics and Chemistry. In 2000, he became President of Ivory coast through popular will of the people. But in 2010, he would not allow the will of the same people to be entrenched in an election in which his opponent, Alassane Ouattara, was adjured the winner. He was egged on by aides and his wife to refuse to accept the people’s verdict. As a historian, he failed to be guided by the lessons of history on leaders that chose such perilous paths. He plunged his country into needless civil strife through vain ambition. His wife, Simone Gbagbo, will now face charges of crimes against humanity. Meanwhile, Laurent Gbagbo and an associate, Charles Ble Goude, are already in the ICC’s detention center in the Netherlands. The three, for their selfish profiting, plunged the country into a civil war in which 3,000 people died. All these happened because Mr. Laurent Gbagbo became too enamoured with the alluring vanities of Power and did not know when to rein in his insatiable lust for power and the overbearing influence of his alter ego.
Sir, I have freely shared this story with you because, despite your mistakes in the governance of our country, you are still at the threshold of history. You have an obligation to yourself and the entire Nation to allow the democratic will of the people to be freely expressed and respected at the February 14, 2015 presidential election. Generations of Nigerians shall speak fairly about you as the President who truly allowed the entrenchment of deep democratic values in the country by simply travelling back to his home town after he losing an election. Indeed, there is a greater weight of glory that this statesmanlike disposition confers on you than being a second term chief of state! Undoubtedly, history beckons on you as you resist all temptations to tamper with the will of the people. You are aware that Nigeria has become the cynosure of all eyes for its strategic importance in the African region. The global community is desirous of a peaceful, free, fair and credible election in Nigeria.
Let me thank you for your attention Sir. May God bless you more and more Sir.

Rotimi Fashakin (Engr.)

1 Like

Re: Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin by momentum85(m): 12:37pm On Jan 11, 2015
Jeez! Too long pls summarize
Re: Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin by Tundeajani(m): 12:39pm On Jan 11, 2015
lai muhammad is over hyped this rotimi of a man is gifted with words,,,@topic,,,uhmmmm
Re: Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin by Adextaiwo48(m): 12:43pm On Jan 11, 2015
Nice writeup.. I hope our dear president read this himself and not setup committee to read for him

Saichange
Re: Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin by donphilopus: 12:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
Adextaiwo48:
Nice writeup.. I hope our dear president read this himself and not setup committee to read for him

Saichange

As if you read it! cheesy grin
Re: Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin by Adextaiwo48(m): 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
donphilopus:

As if you read it! cheesy grin

I sure did... Ts an interesting one... If you didn't.. I'll implore you to do.
Re: Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin by Alphaoscar: 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
Is it a crime for someone to be PHD holder? Why are these people disturbing uncle Jona with open letters? These people should remember that uncle Jona studied Zoology and not literature . Any further letter should be addressed to Chinua Achebe(of course in his grave) or Agidi omo Wole Soyinka.

Btw, Sai Buhari oooooooo
Re: Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin by momentum85(m): 12:52pm On Jan 11, 2015
Even obj letter to Gej never long like ds
Re: Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin by natureblack(m): 12:59pm On Jan 11, 2015
LETTER TO MR. PRESIDENT AND MOHAMMADU BUHARI;

You must never be satisfied with losing.You must get angry,terribly angry,about losing. But the mark of a good loser is that he takes his anger out on himself and not his victorious opponent or the innocent electorates/citizens....

If you succumb to the temptation of using violence in the struggle,unborn generations will be the recipients of a long and desolate night of bitterness,and your chief legacy to the future will be an endless reign of meaningless chaos.

#PEACE
Re: Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin by munex007(m): 1:05pm On Jan 11, 2015
In summary..

The masses don't want you again come Feb 14don't their to go against their will..

If you do what happen toMr. Laurent Gbagbo will occur again

Please just pack honourably...we don't want you again!!!!

Jona tan(Burn finish) before Febuhari
#SaiBuhari

1 Like

Re: Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin by nakedwire(m): 1:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
Gej, read the writing on the wall.
Renovate kiri kiri now!

2 Likes

Re: Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin by donphilopus: 1:16pm On Jan 11, 2015
Adextaiwo48:

I sure did... Ts an interesting one... If you didn't.. I'll implore you to do.

Would do that later!
Re: Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin by SUBMARINE: 1:18pm On Jan 11, 2015
Mr Writer.

Underestimate SS to your own peril.

One thing I am sure is that

The bell of disintegration is ringing

As for gbagbo , he ruled for 10years which is about 2 terms and still wanted an extra term

But in the case of GEJ, he must complete his 2nd term like OBJ otherwise Nigeria cease to exit cool
Re: Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin by PassingShot(m): 1:33pm On Jan 11, 2015
OP, when you post long epistle like this one, please learn to put them in compact and easy-to-read paragraphs.

GEJ and his sycophants, a word they say is enough for the wise.
Re: Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin by natureblack(m): 1:47pm On Jan 11, 2015
PassingShot:
OP, when you post long epistle like this one, please learn to put them in compact and easy-to-read paragraphs.

GEJ and his sycophants, a word they say is enough for the wise.

Buhari,his minions and backsratchers;Aso-Rock is not vacant,please try again after four years..........like y'all have always done.

Disclaimer- a constant guest is not always welcome.

1 Like

Re: Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin by tatosh: 1:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
He has adviced us accordingly. Vote wisely

Re: Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin by zimoni(f): 2:04pm On Jan 11, 2015
It's a season of open letters.

Oga ooooo.

Jonah is definitely going to lose the election.

My only concern is, would he hand over the power peacefully?

Let's wait and see.
Re: Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin by PassingShot(m): 2:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
natureblack:
Buhari,his minions and backsratchers;Aso-Rock is not vacant,please try again after four years..........like y'all have always done.

Disclaimer- a constant guest is not always welcome.

OK.
Re: Letter To My President By Eng. Rotimi Fashakin by wallex1983(m): 2:12pm On Jan 11, 2015
Summary pls

(1) (Reply)

My 100 Days Covenant With Nigerians- Buhari ***a Must Read*** / A Better Way To Rig An Election! Voters Intimidation / Lies In The Ait Documentary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.