Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:41 AM

Does Allah Heal The Sick? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Allah Heal The Sick? (4980 Views)

All Nairaland Pastors Lets Go And Heal The Sick In Hospitals / Why Do Pastors Not Go To Hospitals To Heal The Sick There? / Why Mahama Can Heal The “cripples” Pastor Chris Could Not Heal (A MUST READ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Vibesking(m): 12:36pm On Jan 11, 2015
We've heard and probably seen Christian pastors pray for a sick person and he/she receives their healing.
We've heard/seen in churches where a blind person receives sight, the deaf hears and the lame walks.
But the case is not the same in Islam. why so?
In my own research, I've never heard or seen where an Imam prays for the sick and he/she receives healing.
Someone please clarify this or state where they've seen healing in a mosque.
Or is it forbidden to heal the sick in Islam?

NOTE: this thread isn't created to criticize Islam or entail contention.
Therefore be prudent with your contribution.
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by thorpido(m): 12:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
Healing is in Jesus Christ.
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 11, 2015
Rilwayne01 and yazach u guys should come and defend ur alllah here, if the almighty alllah is all powerful and all merciful at least a sick muslim must receive healing but its not always so why? And wen the sick muslim dies, the imam will say that it pleases alllah that he/she should die and may he/she be reposed in the bossom of alllah, why?

1 Like

Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Skako(m): 1:08pm On Jan 11, 2015
Na empty vessel they shout we no they shout in islam
u ar shouting jesus,jesus,jesus how many miracle did he do? But u ar shouting like he did one thousand miracle but not

and in islam we go shout,did u ever had that prophect muhammed did any miracle?
But he did over 300 miracle
if u ar in doubt u can ur research from any where to any where

i love islam

1 Like

Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by ifex370(m): 1:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
Jesus is the only way truth and life, and Muslims know this but want to shy away from the truth... in him you have peace, good health and salvation to the Father...

If your in doubt, ask the Lord to reveal himself to you if he truely exist
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Allureoftheseas(m): 1:59pm On Jan 11, 2015
bleeped up islams, bleeped up religious people! bleeped up world, hail satan! The only way to ignite flames within you and let your light shine brightly that the world may see it.
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by kevoh(m): 2:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
Medical Science and Common sense are two Gods that heal the sick way better than Islam and Christianity combined.

2 Likes

Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by truthman2012(m): 2:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
Allah has no power to heal but he can kill, yet muslims say he is merciful. How does he show his mercy?
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by johnydon22(m): 2:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
kevoh:
Medical Science and Common sense are two Gods that heal the sick way better than Islam and Christianity combined.
exactly my brother leave em religion fanatics to be yapping shit...When they get sick they run to the hospital and not the church...mehn this guys sef...smh

1 Like

Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by truthman2012(m): 2:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
johnydon22:

exactly my brother leave em religion fanatics to be yapping shit...When they get sick they run to the hospital and not the church...mehn this guys sef...smh

Haven't you seen or heard a situation where the doctor recommended the sick to seek spiritual solution when all medications failed?

I am a good example.

1 Like

Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by kevoh(m): 3:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
truthman2012:

Haven't you seen or heard a situation where the doctor recommended the sick to seek spiritual solution when all medications failed?

I am a good example.
Will only happen in African countries like Nigeria where the average Doctor infuses his superstitious beliefs into his profession.
Hardly will you hear of that kind of recommendation in countries like Cuba where Medical practice is the major source of revenue to the country.

Note: I am not under-appreciating the jobs done by our Nigerian Doctors by the way.
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by vooks: 3:39pm On Jan 11, 2015
He has promised perpetual sex in heaven, what else does a negro want?
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Orunto: 3:55pm On Jan 11, 2015
For those who know God and The Trinity, Allah is Christ. Anobi Isah was Jesus who performed many miracles during His earthly life.
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jan 11, 2015
Skako:
u ar shouting jesus,jesus,jesus how many miracle did he do? But u ar shouting like he did one thousand miracle but not

i love islam
lol! muhammed no get time heal person wen he dhe busy dhe tear 6 years ole punny, so how he wan heal, wen he dhe fantasize d 72 virgins for him dream weh allah promise am lol, wen he dhe straff slave women weh he catch for war, dat was his main motivation for going to war, slave punny.
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
Vibesking:
We've heard and probably seen Christian pastors pray for a sick person and he/she receives their healing.
We've heard/seen in churches where a blind person receives sight, the deaf hears and the lame walks.
But the case is not the same in Islam. why so?
In my own research, I've never heard or seen where an Imam prays for the sick and he/she receives healing.
Someone please clarify this or state where they've seen healing in a mosque.
Or is it forbidden to heal the sick in Islam?

NOTE: this thread isn't created to criticize Islam or entail contention.
Therefore be prudent with your contribution.

Based on your last addendum alone, I will answer your questions.

First, you say you have heard and seen miracles happen in churches. Actually, you have been made to believe that pastors perform miracles. I was a churchgoer for a number of years, though my senses never vacated me, and as a science oriented university student at the time, the issue of miracle healings really interested me. My own research showed that no single miracle that I investigated in any of the churches I went to, could be affirmed as inexplicable or out of the ordinary. None had proven medical records or precedence that would cause TRAINED medical personnel to believe the 'miracle'. Many are outright fraudulent 419. I mention this because it is you who sought to compare. In fact, I believe a thread was recently created asking for someone who had seen a confirmed miracle personally. Last time I checked, it was all 'someone told someone who told me', or whatever unconfirmed stories they hear during testimonies.

Secondly, Pastors do it to be seen of men, as a form of advertisement. Muslims who are knowledgeable in Islam (not 'alfas'), do supplicate for healing and it may work, I do not know. Muslims may not claim authority for healing. Allah alone heals, so it is seen as hypocritical to claim that 'I healed him/her'. So such things are not advertised. Moreover, the mosque is a place for worship, not a hospital, so such supplications could be done in the patient's home. There is of course, no way to gather data on how effective it is, because there are no platforms in the mosque for 'miracle testimony', so I cannot satisfy you there. Furthermore, supplication by knowledgeable muslims are ALWAYS combined with proper medical attention; the prophet (saw) said: "For every illness, Allah has created its remedy", ie from among the plants or things found in nature or forms of medical intervention. Muslims whole heartedly accept the medical adage:
"we care, God cures".

Thirdly, each muslim is expected to ask for his needs from Allah on his own. We need no intermediaries. Allah has said in the Qur'an:
"Ask Me and I will answer you". So it is best and most effective to get up in the night, perform ablution, pray some voluntary salats then ask Allah to cure you or your loved one. That is the most recommended way.

As for me, I have seen my mother recite the Qur'an over her sick grandchildren regularly, though we do not neglect drugs. She has, on occasion, even recited over strangers and on one occasion where I was present, on a visit to my sister in the hospital, she heard the lady in the next room crying. Being extremely empathic, she had to go there and met a woman suffering from really prolonged labour. She was tired and racked with contractions according to her. My mother asked if she could recite the Qur'an for her, and the woman agreed (the woman had Catholic icons in the room, but I guess she was desperate by that time); To cut long story short, my mother started reciting for her and within minutes, the baby started coming. Though I witnessed it, I cannot say whether it was coincidental or in response to the prayer. We never saw her again after she was taken to the labour room, though the older nurses in that hospital still remind my mother. She herself is less concerned.

So in Islam, we do emphasise individual self-supplication and we encourage medical treatment in addition to it.

2 Likes

Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by meshman: 4:19pm On Jan 11, 2015
op i am beginning to wonder if you acquire a functioning brain, as in who in his right senses will ask such a stupid question , how many christians are sick , how many pastors are sick themselves why cant they cure themselves, do you want to tell me in your church everybody is 100% healthy, (no typhoid,malaria,diabetes,cancer etc) or do you want to tell me there are no christians in the hospital, why cant your pastors go to the nearest,and cure everybody mumu

1 Like

Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by johnydon22(m): 5:00pm On Jan 11, 2015
truthman2012:

I am a good example.
Lol then the doctors certificate needs to be given a second consideration..
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by MyParadise(m): 6:06pm On Jan 11, 2015
meshman:
op i am beginning to wonder if you acquire a functioning brain, as in who in his right senses will ask such a stupid question , how many christians are sick , how many pastors are sick themselves why cant they cure themselves, do you want to tell me in your church everybody is 100% healthy, (no typhoid,malaria,diabetes,cancer etc) or do you want to tell me there are no christians in the hospital, why cant your pastors go to the nearest,and cure everybody mumu

Why cant u just argure witout jibes?
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Skako(m): 6:18pm On Jan 11, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
lol! muhammed no get time heal person wen he dhe busy dhe tear 6 years ole punny, so how he wan heal, wen he dhe fantasize d 72 virgins for him dream weh allah promise am lol, wen he dhe straff slave women weh he catch for war, dat was his main motivation for going to war, slave punny.

Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Skako(m): 6:18pm On Jan 11, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

if i tell u say i understand this post na lie i dey lie
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Obadiah77(m): 6:28pm On Jan 11, 2015
Skako:

i love islam

grin grin
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by DEagle1: 8:11pm On Jan 11, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

ROTFL, bros are you for real
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by thorpido(m): 7:22am On Jan 12, 2015
Abuamam:

Based on your last addendum alone, I will answer your questions.

First, you say you have heard and seen miracles happen in churches. Actually, you have been made to believe that pastors perform miracles. I was a churchgoer for a number of years, though my senses never vacated me, and as a science oriented university student at the time, the issue of miracle healings really interested me. My own research showed that no single miracle that I investigated in any of the churches I went to, could be affirmed as inexplicable or out of the ordinary. None had proven medical records or precedence that would cause TRAINED medical personnel to believe the 'miracle'. Many are outright fraudulent 419. I mention this because it is you who sought to compare. In fact, I believe a thread was recently created asking for someone who had seen a confirmed miracle personally. Last time I checked, it was all 'someone told someone who told me', or whatever unconfirmed stories they hear during testimonies.

Secondly, Pastors do it to be seen of men, as a form of advertisement. Muslims who are knowledgeable in Islam (not 'alfas'), do supplicate for healing and it may work, I do not know. Muslims may not claim authority for healing. Allah alone heals, so it is seen as hypocritical to claim that 'I healed him/her'. So such things are not advertised. Moreover, the mosque is a place for worship, not a hospital, so such supplications could be done in the patient's home. There is of course, no way to gather data on how effective it is, because there are no platforms in the mosque for 'miracle testimony', so I cannot satisfy you there. Furthermore, supplication by knowledgeable muslims are ALWAYS combined with proper medical attention; the prophet (saw) said: "For every illness, Allah has created its remedy", ie from among the plants or things found in nature or forms of medical intervention. Muslims whole heartedly accept the medical adage:
"we care, God cures".

Thirdly, each muslim is expected to ask for his needs from Allah on his own. We need no intermediaries. Allah has said in the Qur'an:
"Ask Me and I will answer you". So it is best and most effective to get up in the night, perform ablution, pray some voluntary salats then ask Allah to cure you or your loved one. That is the most recommended way.

As for me, I have seen my mother recite the Qur'an over her sick grandchildren regularly, though we do not neglect drugs. She has, on occasion, even recited over strangers and on one occasion where I was present, on a visit to my sister in the hospital, she heard the lady in the next room crying. Being extremely empathic, she had to go there and met a woman suffering from really prolonged labour. She was tired and racked with contractions according to her. My mother asked if she could recite the Qur'an for her, and the woman agreed (the woman had Catholic icons in the room, but I guess she was desperate by that time); To cut long story short, my mother started reciting for her and within minutes, the baby started coming. Though I witnessed it, I cannot say whether it was coincidental or in response to the prayer. We never saw her again after she was taken to the labour room, though the older nurses in that hospital still remind my mother. She herself is less concerned.

So in Islam, we do emphasise individual self-supplication and we encourage medical treatment in addition to it.
You were a churchgoer indeed.Liar
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Nobody: 11:36am On Jan 12, 2015
thorpido:
You were a churchgoer indeed.Liar

May God forgive me for my attendance in those places of associating partners with Him.
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Weah96: 12:54pm On Jan 12, 2015
Orunto:
[size=15pt]For those who know God and The Trinity, Allah is Christ.[/size] Anobi Isah was Jesus who performed many miracles during His earthly life.

Atheism is better than dis kyn confusion, my brother.
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by thorpido(m): 1:00pm On Jan 12, 2015
Abuamam:

May God forgive me for my attendance in those places of associating partners with Him.
yea right.
Also kill the infidels so your reward in heaven can be full.You've got virgins waiting.

'Having eyes but do not see and having ears but do not understand.......'
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Rilwon: 1:14pm On Jan 12, 2015
Another victim of Paul delusions,, an odouriferous transmogrified creature of perennial failure! The apogee of failure de apologia! grin grin LMAO

ProphetUdeme:
Rilwayne01 and yazach u guys should come and defend ur alllah here, if the almighty alllah is all powerful and all merciful at least a sick muslim must receive healing but its not always so why?

Yes, to Allah/God/OriginalYHWH(not d one potrayed in the buybull) belong all power and mercy, he alone heal the sick, Doctors are jusr trying their best. So everyone healed of sickness are by the power of Allah. Muslims do get sick and visits the hospital and even make some duas and they get healed, yet not by their power nor that of the doctor if not God, and those who died in the process are destined to die in such way for he alone giveth life and he alone take it at his appointed time.

Some years ago my sister was admitted to the labour room, she has been for good 3days and she wasnt able give birth to her baby alone, and we are told that she will have to undergo CS aka Operation, everyone was afraid and scared, her husband wasnt around, so we'll have to wait for him to return the following day in other to sign some document due for the CS, while waitiing for him, we organised a short prayer between myself and some other family members, we recited the Quran and had some prayers together. The following day her husband returned and sign necessart documents, the doctors are ready for the CS, and by ALLAH (swt) she statted labouring again, and by ALLAH she gave birth herself without the CS, though we've paid for the CS, we didnt even bother tp collect the money back, just thanking God for saving her life,
So are you telling me that he did'nt answer our prayer? even though we (those that prayed including myself) are not stauch Alfas, Yet he heard our call .

We do hear the news of people dying few days after giving birth, do we then say GOD did'nt answer their prayers?

@bolded, are you implying that christians don't visit the hospitals when they are sick at all? are you saying christians dont die of sickness at all?

And wen the sick muslim dies, the imam will say that it pleases alllah that he/she should die and may he/she be reposed in the bossom of alllah, why?

Christians dont die of sickness? Satan killed those christians that died of sickness? they are going to hell instead their God? Is'nt that what you are implying here

1 Like

Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Mavrick2012: 7:31pm On Jan 12, 2015
johnydon22:

EBOLA:while we mere mortals are scared of going close to sierra leone,liberial et al,am yet to see any god-of-men show love by taking their "healing power" to these locales.
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Mavrick2012: 7:33pm On Jan 12, 2015
johnydon22:

EBOLA:while we mere mortals are scared of going close to sierra leone,liberial et al,am yet to see any god-of-men show love by taking their "healing power" to these locales
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by johnydon22(m): 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2015
Rilwon:
Another victim of Paul delusions,, an odouriferous transmogrified creature of perennial failure! The apogee of failure de apologia! grin grin LMAO

Yes, to Allah/God/OriginalYHWH(not d one potrayed in the buybull) belong all power and mercy, he alone heal the sick, Doctors are jusr trying their best. So everyone healed of sickness are by the power of Allah. Muslims do get sick and visits the hospital and even make some duas and they get healed, yet not by their power nor that of the doctor if not God, and those who died in the process are destined to die in such way for he alone giveth life and he alone take it at his appointed time.

Some years ago my sister was admitted to the labour room, she has been for good 3days and she wasnt able give birth to her baby alone, and we are told that she will have to undergo CS aka Operation, everyone was afraid and scared, her husband wasnt around, so we'll have to wait for him to return the following day in other to sign some document due for the CS, while waitiing for him, we organised a short prayer between myself and some other family members, we recited the Quran and had some prayers together. The following day her husband returned and sign necessart documents, the doctors are ready for the CS, and by ALLAH (swt) she statted labouring again, and by ALLAH she gave birth herself without the CS, though we've paid for the CS, we didnt even bother tp collect the money back, just thanking God for saving her life,
So are you telling me that he did'nt answer our prayer? even though we (those that prayed including myself) are not stauch Alfas, Yet he heard our call .

We do hear the news of people dying few days after giving birth, do we then say GOD did'nt answer their prayers?

@bolded, are you implying that christians don't visit the hospitals when they are sick at all? are you saying christians dont die of sickness at all?

Christians dont die of sickness? Satan killed those christians that died of sickness? they are going to hell instead their God? Is'nt that what you are implying here
look at the type of poo someone is yapping here... medical scientists and pharmacists work their butts off everyday and night to save lives and one id.iot will just seat down and say Allah did it... what dah heck du people smoke angry
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by Rilwon: 9:16pm On Jan 12, 2015
johnydon22:

look at the type of poo someone is yapping here... medical scientists and pharmacists work their butts off everyday and night to save lives and one id.iot will just seat down and say Allah did it... what dah heck du people smoke angry

Mumu, they also worked their butts off the create their brain, is'nt it?

Where are the scientists and pharmacists when your great grand father in africa are making pregnant women deliver safely? ode angry

I smoke garrri like obadiah777 undecided
Re: Does Allah Heal The Sick? by johnydon22(m): 9:21pm On Jan 12, 2015
Rilwon:

Mumu, they also worked their butts off the create their brain, is'nt it?

Where are the scientists and pharmacists when your great grand father in africa are making pregnant women deliver safely? ode angry

I smoke garrri like obadiah777 undecided
habaaaa look at the type of brain some religious fanatics possess... so their is nothing like traditional medical knowledge in your village i suppose... i am not here to exchange words with you...Have a nice one bro...peace

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Fallacy about Speaking In Tongues And The Modern Day Christians / Use Your Tithe Money To Give Food To The Hungry / Will Muslims Go To Heaven?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.