Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,253 members, 7,818,874 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! (9893 Views)

2017/2018 Agip Oil And Gas Local And International Postgraduate Scholarship / Share Your Experiences As A Postgraduate Student In A Federal University! / 2015 NNPC/ESSO (exxonmobil) International Postgraduate Scholarship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 9:30am On Mar 18, 2015
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 11:36am On Mar 19, 2015
Developing Solutions Taught Masters Scholarships

https://www.nairaland.com/2204540/developing-solutions-taught-masters-scholarships

Oga Seun, kindly help me out here...I keep getting banned by the spambot unnecessarily. Thanks for your kind assistance.
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 12:58pm On Mar 27, 2015
The Catholic Academic Exchange Service (KAAD)

https://www.nairaland.com/2220455/masters-phd-scholarships-catholic-academic

Cheers!
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell1: 1:04pm On Mar 27, 2015
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell2: 1:07pm On Mar 27, 2015
Entry-Level Humanitarian Professional Programme

https://www.nairaland.com/2220480/entry-level-humanitarian-professional-programme

Not strictly a scholarship but hey...who doesn't want a job?

Cheers!
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 1:14pm On Mar 27, 2015
Emile Boutmy Scholarships in France for Students from Developing Countries

https://www.nairaland.com/2220494/emile-boutmy-scholarships-france-students

Cheers!
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell1: 1:18pm On Mar 27, 2015
Angus Sawise Scholarships for Women

https://www.nairaland.com/2220497/angus-sawise-scholarships-women

This is for our ladies in the house and our sisters at home.

Cheers!
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell2: 1:25pm On Mar 27, 2015
African Guest Researchers Scholarship Programme

https://www.nairaland.com/2220521/african-guest-researchers-scholarship-programme

Cheers!
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by Campuslink: 4:32pm On Mar 29, 2015
Interested in free online training for GRE, GMAT, SAT, IELTS and TOEFL, please visit www.mcfedututors.com/ads-campaign
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell1: 11:30am On Apr 27, 2015
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell1: 11:35am On Apr 27, 2015
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell2: 11:41am On Apr 27, 2015
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell1: 11:49am On Apr 27, 2015
(NITDA) Scholarship Scheme 2015

https://www.nairaland.com/2279978/national-information-technology-development-agency

olawalebabs, Fynestboi, Richiez and Seun, The spambot has permanently targeted my moniker 'lobell' for destruction without the slightest cause. I can't even create one topic without it chewing my posts up and banning me...It's getting too frustrating. Kindly have a look see and make some adjustments. Thanks a mill.
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by enibal(f): 1:31pm On Apr 27, 2015
When will ptdf application for 2015 start?
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell2: 7:52pm On Apr 28, 2015
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell2: 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
enibal:
When will ptdf application for 2015 start?

PTDF Applications usually start around now...maybe because of the change in government. If you can find out from their office/website.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell1: 8:14pm On Apr 28, 2015
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by bfbellexce: 11:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
lobell:
I will be providing details and links to several International Postgraduate Scholarships for which Nigerians are eligible to apply as I find them.
I will also be providing guidance to help you apply properly and stand out to increase your chances of being selected within the ambit of time.
You will need to follow my moniker to keep abreast of these opportunities as I will be creating a new thread for each of these opportunities.
Young academics and people already engaged in an organisation will have preference as these scholarship are mainly targeted at people already in academics and people who work with NGO's and research institutes.
Please bear in mind that some of these opportunities will have a very tight time frame for application and as such you should have some documents and statements at the ready for easy completion of applications.

GOD bless your hustle!

To start with you should have

1. Clean photocopies and scanned copies of your transcripts (needless to say at this point that you should have secured a 2.1 in your undergraduate studies - hard luck to peeps with lower classes of degree, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. If you're still in college and yet to graduate and interested in furthering your studies outside the country, all expense paid, slow down on the girls, alcohol and parties and get your hustle on!)

2. Clean photocopies and scanned copies of all your certificates (SSCE, BSc, MSc, PhD, Birth Cert, LGA, etc).

3. Get an International passport ready (Gotta have some faith! - prepare a scanned copy of the data page)

4. Get a TOEFL or any other English proficiency certificate (Not terribly important but some schools will require them).

5. You might need to secure admission before you can apply for some opportunities (I will be doing a write-up on how to easily secure postgraduate admissions if I can get my lazy a** up to doing it) - START APPLYING NOW!!! ADMISSIONS CAN DE DEFERRED PENDING SECURING FUNDING. Finally got round to doing it. Here https://www.nairaland.com/2139721/easiest-way-secure-post-graduate#30591233

6. A scanned passport photograph.

7. A one-page (at most 2-page) CV...Keep it simple highlighting your qualifications and achievements.

8. Start working on a motivational statement (Not always required though). This should ideally be a one-page document that tells your story. The story should highlight your background, challenges faced in reaching where you are now and how you surmounted them. What drives you to graduate studies and why you think you deserve to be given the award. It shouldn't exactly be a sob-story but it helps if you can move your reader emotionally or compassionately...as long as you can get your reader to identify with you then you're good to go.
Read and edit, give to someone to read and edit. You can always modify the original to fit a different application.

9. Compress your scanned files to less than 200kb but make sure to keep the clarity of the text. It should still be legible (size matters when you're ready to upload). Have both .jpg and .pdf file types.

10. It will help you very significantly if you have referees you can disturb for an urgent reference. For this, I will suggest young PhD's in you school who have online presence. Most times, references are required to fill-out the forms online but if it has to be a hard copy you should have someone you can give a draft you wrote yourself for her/him to just append her/his signature. DON'T FORGET to use different types of envelopes and hand-writings to pen the address(They like and respect confidentiality and the aim will be defeated if they find out the hand-writing is the same across the application forms and referees reports!!!.

I will be updating this parent post with other pointers when I remember them.
Questions are welcome and other experienced go-getters are welcome to contribute as well.

As to why I'm doing this...
I hold a PhD by the special grace of God. I have been to three countries in three continents all by just knowing one Person. My BSc, MSc and PhD are from Nigeria but I carried out the research for the Masters and Doctorate in South Africa, Scotland and the United States. And oh, did I mention that I am a Fulbright Scholar? cool

All things are possible to them that believe. #JustBelieve

So this is sort of like my 'giving back' to the community.

Cheers!

NB: A lot of these opportunities are yearly programmes, so if you miss out this year's you can always prepare for the next installment.

hopin to learn a great deal from you.
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by enibal(f): 11:28am On Apr 29, 2015
@ lobell thanks
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 11:48am On Apr 29, 2015
bfbellexce:

hopin to learn a great deal from you.

I hope I don't disappoint you...All the best.
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 10:48am On Jul 22, 2015
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell1: 10:53am On Jul 22, 2015
King Abdallah University of Science and Technology Discovery Scholarship

https://www.nairaland.com/2469424/king-abdallah-university-science-technology
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell2: 10:57am On Jul 22, 2015
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by islamics(m): 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2015
lobell1:
King Abdallah University of Science and Technology Discovery Scholarship

https://www.nairaland.com/2469424/king-abdallah-university-science-technology
You are welcome back: it's been a while. This Saudi Arabia scholarship does it apply for only undergraduate yet to finish their first degree.
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 7:01pm On Jul 23, 2015
islamics:

You are welcome back: it's been a while. This Saudi Arabia scholarship does it apply for only undergraduate yet to finish their first degree.
yeah, sorry for the long period of absence. My workload trippled and the little time I had for searching didn't turn much up.

This particular scholarship targets undergrads. However I believe applying to their graduate program will also attract some funding...this is oil money we are talking about. So go to their site and look around and also apply...like I like to say, you never know until you try.
Cheers!
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by Sammysodiya: 11:23pm On Aug 01, 2015
Sir lobell, thank you so much for your magnanimous efforts towards your fellow compatriots. Pls I will like to know Sir, if you have any idea about scholarship opportunity for Environmental Management field in any university, be it home or abroad. Thanks!
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by islamics(m): 11:47am On Aug 10, 2015
lobell:

yeah, sorry for the long period of absence. My workload trippled and the little time I had for searching didn't turn much up.

This particular scholarship targets undergrads. However I believe applying to their graduate program will also attract some funding...this is oil money we are talking about. So go to their site and look around and also apply...like I like to say, you never know until you try.
Cheers!
I will check it out. I kind of like spoon feeding.
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 1:51pm On Aug 10, 2015
islamics:
hahaha, don't we all.
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell: 2:10pm On Aug 10, 2015
islamics:
hahaha, don't we all.
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by Madrededios(f): 10:04pm On Aug 18, 2015
Madrededios:

please forgive me but I am still confused about this, I don't really know how to go about this? I am interested in this because of the scholarship covers living as well as travel expenses but on the websites of most of the universities it is stated that they are scholarships for fee paying international students, so am confused. Also, are there any scholarships like this in Canada or Germany for masters programmes. Thanks.
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by Madrededios(f): 10:26pm On Aug 18, 2015
lobell:
Get a Better understanding of what we are doing here
https://www.nairaland.com/2087594/international-postgraduate-scholarships
Masters Scholarships: The Swedish Institute, a government agency, administers over 500 masters scholarships for students and researchers going to Sweden to pursue their objectives at a Swedish university each year.
There are several different kinds of SI scholarship available.
Graduate Scholarship Study Period
The master’s level programmes are between one and two academic years in duration. They usually start at the end of August or early September.
Graduate Scholarship Language
You need to have a good knowledge of English. All approved master’s level programmes are taught in English.
Masters Scholarships Benefits
Currently, a scholarship pays SEK 8,000 per month, and travel costs to and from Sweden. These scholarships are designed to cover living expenses for one person only.
Tuition for the eligible programmes is free. Scholarship holders are insured by the Swedish Institute against illness and accidents in Sweden during the scholarship period.
Graduate Scholarships: How to Apply for the Masters Scholarships
You can apply for this scholarship when you apply for admission to one of the approved master's programmes at a Swedish university.
There is no application form for this scholarship. Do not send any master's scholarship requests or applications to the Swedish Institute.
Instead, you apply directly to the University for the Masters Programme and at the same time, inform them that you would like to be considered for this scholarship.
Some universities let you indicate this on their admission application forms.
In other cases, you will need to attach a letter to your admission application spelling out your request for this scholarship explicitly.
You also need to attach a letter from your employer confirming that you are able to take a leave of absence for the duration of your studies, and that you will be able to return to your position when you have finished studying.
If you cannot provide such a letter, please provide proof of employment of at least five years in a relevant field.
Send your completed application for admission to the programme – including a request for this scholarship and the letter regarding your employment situation – to the university you would like to study at. They will process your scholarship request.
The application deadline for this scholarship is the same as the application deadline for the master's programme you would like to apply to.
Graduate Scholarship Travel Grants
Scholarship holders from ODA-countries may receive a travel support in connection with the scholarship.
The travel grant is a lump sum, given only once, regardless of the cost of travel.
Sweden Master Scholarship Cover
The scholarships covers travel costs to and fro, tuition fees, living expenses plus other expenses.
For a list of SI scholarships available, see; https://studyinsweden.se/Scholarships/
For further details, see: https://studyinsweden.se/scholarship/swedish-institute-study-scholarships/
GOODLUCK!!!
Madrededios:

please forgive me but I am still confused about this, I don't really know how to go about this? I am interested in this because of the scholarship covers living as well as travel expenses but on the websites of most of the universities it is stated that they are scholarships for fee paying international students, so am confused. Also, are there any scholarships like this in Canada or Germany for masters programmes. Thanks.
Re: International Postgraduate Scholarships!!! by lobell1: 12:05pm On Aug 22, 2015

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sweet Picture Of A Father And His Daughter Goes Viral(photo) / Origin, Aim & Objectives Of SIWES In Nigeria Education System / JAMB: 25% Scored Above 200 Out Of 1m Candidate – Oloyede

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.