Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,525 members, 7,837,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister (10358 Views)

President Buhari To Drop Lai Mohammad As Information Minister - TheImpulseNG / I Use 5, Not 6 Vehicles In My Convoy – Information Minister / LIVE REPORT: Grand Requiem Mass For Prof. Dora Nkem Akunyili in Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 19, 2008
Square peg in a round hole
Will Not fit.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by ychibyke(m): 11:13am On Dec 19, 2008
Ugh, , the way I see things and going by the trend in this wonderful country of ours; she will be alowed to do her job as the information officer. But by my projections, she will eventually be relieved of any ministerial appointment(s) when next the ministerial cabinet is reshuflled.

No doubt! I believe she ought to perform optimally if she were appointed as the Health Minister, given her antecedence in recent years as the NAFDAC Boss.

Let's sit back and watch the 'POLITICOS' play out their game - call it 'Political Black Jack'.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by Muza(m): 11:19am On Dec 19, 2008
[size=13pt]excited Akinluyi[/size]

Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by henry4uall(m): 12:32pm On Dec 19, 2008
[b]This is one hell of a thread in which everyone seem to be focused in one direction without objective assessment of the subject matter.   A lot of people on the thread could not decipher between political activism and political appointment. Because of the role of prof dora in NAFDAC, a lot of people are mistaken her for a political activist. She might have handled NAFDAC with iron fist, but that still didnt make her an activist. Political activism are in the domain of Ganis, Falanas and Kutis of this world. As a DG she discharged her duty with reponsibity to her boss. She didnt act alone, she acted in accordance to the policy direction of the government that appointed her.

I said it earlier, a minister is a politician. Prof is being groomed for politics, watch out in the coming years for a metamorphosis of one time DG of NAFDAC to a Governor of Anambra State. Anyone who takes a ministerial appointment has also in effect taken a political appointment. Even Nigeria Constitution affirm that. Paragraph 147 section 5 of the constitution says:
No person shall be appointed as a Minister of the Government of the Federation unless he is qualified for election[/b]as a member of the House of Representatives.
so I ask you who is 'qualified' for election?

Whether Dora is in health, finance, Information or whatever, she will function in accordance with the policy direction and agenda of the Government that appoints her. I know a journalist with Thisday Newspapers those days, I used to read his column regularly, Olusegun Adeniyi. His articles were always in opposition to Government. You would change your opinion on any issue if you read his articles. Today, Olusegun Adeniyi is Yar-Adua Spokesman. He's the mouth-piece of the president. Yar-Adua must have seen him and thought; rather than using your talent to run my government down, come use it to lift me up. Yar-Adua appointed prof dora Information minister, beacause he's obviuosly looking from where a lot of you could not see. No Crime  wink
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by secreyor: 1:04pm On Dec 19, 2008
As far as the FG is concerned,anyone can be taken down.With the likes of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala gone and Ribadu who was rather dealt with let us just pray that Chukwuma Soludo is not the next target.Poor old Dora,may God help her.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by FBS: 1:05pm On Dec 19, 2008
@henri4uall , sorry but can you translate into common english what you just posted?
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by FBS: 1:06pm On Dec 19, 2008
she is not poor and she is not old, she went in and took the appointment with her eyes open.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by DExplorer1: 1:47pm On Dec 19, 2008
And hoping to rule us with absolutely no idea , Contrary to here qualification. It's simple! Step down now! Because this is National Cake against here pedigree

Amazing! After Aborting 3 Times For Him, He's Set To Marry Another Lady This Month.

21 Reasons He Hasn't Proposed to You Yet
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by LETDEMSAY(f): 1:57pm On Dec 19, 2008
@poster:

So help her GOD!
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by nikkyt(f): 2:12pm On Dec 19, 2008
anyway i think this is a plot to silence her since a lot of all the so called bad pple are not happy with her but really a lot of nigerians thought she would reject it, so suprise she took the post
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by chidichris(m): 2:17pm On Dec 19, 2008
this is her test of intelligence. it is somehow a test of what she stands for. this is where the gap is between Dora and Okonjo Iweala.
a brief refreshing of our minds will reveal that this was how iweala was shown the door.
iweala knew that such shift will expose her to low performances and knowing too well that she must not be a minister rather she must remain in her field for maximum production hence she decided to quit.
the FG has been under preasure on how best to move this woman out of the ways of killersso moving her to information ministry will give her room to remain in power but out of the way of those whose fake drugs and foods are on the way to nig.
to me, this looks like a smooth disengagement but if i have to say something to her, the only thing i will tell her is to resign on a high.
it is only in nigeria and under obj that a winning team is changed for a loosing side.
we are on making progress in our efforts to go backward.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by henry4uall(m): 2:21pm On Dec 19, 2008
FBS:

@henri4uall , sorry but can you translate into common english what you just posted?

@FBS
Get an interpreter for yourself man!
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by oluwdashmi(f): 3:02pm On Dec 19, 2008
Aba! shocked shocked shocked from health to information, is there a coherence in this

This is a complete waste of human resources, Dora would have been the best as the minister of health or education!!
As a matter of fact, I am disappointed to see and hear Dora accept the offer. I just hope she doesn't loose her credibility. I don't seem to understand this Yar'Adua leadership anymore.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by chidichris(m): 3:20pm On Dec 19, 2008
she shld watch her steps before we start saying she is power thirsty.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by Muza(m): 3:25pm On Dec 19, 2008
chidichris:

she shld watch her steps before we start saying she is power thirsty.

before we start?
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by oxpenny(m): 3:46pm On Dec 19, 2008
Not at all
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by carmelily: 4:00pm On Dec 19, 2008
@muza[b]

Akinluyi[/b]? who be that one?

@Topic
This administration is just too confused. Let's see how long before they re-shuffle and sack again. Soon we'll have D.Banj as Minister of Health. That's the koko cheesy
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by mcdeeves(m): 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2008
Am really glad when i had the news, Mr President can now talk, she's the right person.

well people will or may say she do not know or have an information expirience.

My answer to those who will that; Dangote do not know 1% of his products. but he have got the sence of
chosing the right people at the right place.

Dora is ma man. cool cheesy
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by moag(m): 4:42pm On Dec 19, 2008
Fellow  naira/L  ,am not  surprised  with  the appointment  of  Dora  Akunyili as information  minister.The  placing of round peg in a square hole  is not new in our country examples include  late chief Bola  Ige as power minister and others ,another  issue i want us to consider  in  this is (juicy  positions),which  is a clear pointer  to the fact that  appointments  in Nigeria  is not  for performance  but  a  compensation  for  personal  favour  of our leaders.Better  performer  to Yaradua  from his  own perception or better  still  his advisers. AT LEAST  THE  PHRASE  "JUICY  POSITIONS ' IS NOT  NEW  TO YOU.
 Well, i which  her  the best  on her  new  post .
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by HERO111: 5:23pm On Dec 19, 2008
Any govt wei enter seat tru d window can never do anything good. Me i no get any iota of faith in dis govt . 7point agenda 4 d past 1 n half yrs now, not even 1/2 of the 7point don commot road. omo na God me i just de look, for my area no lite for d past 3 months now. if him like make him make Dora him minister of personal asistant , private minister, him madam minister na him kno o. My life na God hand e dey now. i no send am. cry
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by DExplorer1: 6:05pm On Dec 19, 2008
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by calyx: 7:10pm On Dec 19, 2008
This is really sad for a govt that is constantly preaching a million and one agendas for effective deelopment of the country.

However it may, i am not a proponent of Akunyili resigning immediately, nope! Resign, Yes! but not as if its in bad taste, and then let the gladiators plotting your downfall laugh.

She should all the same remember to leave before the lies start coming lipsrsealed
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by nedunaija(m): 10:10pm On Dec 19, 2008
Insert Quote
This is really sad for a govt that is constantly preaching a million and one agendas for effective deelopment of the country.

However it may, i am not a proponent of Akunyili resigning immediately, nope! Resign, Yes! but not as if its in bad taste, and then let the gladiators plotting your downfall laugh.

She should all the same remember to leave before the lies start coming Lips sealed

I agree totally with you. It's a shame that a so called educated Yaradua could hate Nigeria this much by ensuring he removes the few public servants who are committed to sanitizing the rot in our society from the positions where they can function effectively. Imagine what he and his Aondoakaa did to Ribadu, just to save the faces of his colleague Governors who are now his ministers. Today it is Akunyili. I hope it is not intended to rubbish the amazon.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by 2tait: 11:17pm On Dec 19, 2008
I think her nomination and appointment as Information Minister is quite in order.
Prof Dora Akunyili is a performer any day. She will do justice to the Ministry of Information. Recall
that before she was appointeed DG NAFDAC, nobody gave her any chance of succeeding. She succeeded extremely well. She will do the same in the ministry of information.
No person,organisation or indeed nation will do well without access to adequate, timely and resourceful  information. Development starts from information. The problem of Nigeria is information-based. I have no doubt Akunyili will do well in that capacity. Let's support her to excel, project the government and render the much needed dividends of democracy.

www.wetindeyforum.com
http://dealwithrelationships..com
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by UNLEASHED(m): 9:22am On Dec 20, 2008
If not in Nigeria, I can bet it will never happen!
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by wanitas(f): 9:54am On Dec 20, 2008
y una de raise hell 4 dis mata? the woman wanted to b minister, and minister she now has become,

but really, making her PRO for yaradua is a very sane move on d president's part, yes, for a govt that is fast losing credibility, they need someone the public trust to polish them up in d eyes of nigerian, it is a wise political move on his past

however, the only loser will b Prof Dora cos by the time she's thru, nobody wil take her serious anymore, i know she cld achieve a lot in communications but she is there primarily to sell yaradua to us and assure us that he is not as his 'detractors'paint him
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by Valobit(f): 10:58am On Dec 20, 2008
Thank you O! when i read the papers yesterday and learnt Akunyili was minister of information, i was shocked
what concerns pharmacy, fake drugs and information?
why do we, nigerians like putting square pegs in round holes?
i pray that one day, they don't put a herbalist as head of EFCC or worse a hunter in charge of security.
this is a country where strange things are normal,and normal things are abhorred

" O God of creation
Direct our noble cause
Guide our leaders right
Help our youths the truth to know
In love and honesty to grow
And living just and true
Great lofty heights attain
To build a nation
Where peace and justice
Shall reign"

AMEN
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by Muza(m): 1:19pm On Dec 20, 2008
Dream come true for her

Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by topeal(f): 7:11pm On Dec 20, 2008
Dora Akunyuli has the chance of becoming nigeria's female president in a short while from now. this appointment is a hard test she must pass. i think the future seer is looking for every oppurtunity to rubish her clean card. she has the option of proving them wrong or dispointment millions of young nigerians who look up to her. I PRAY GOD WILL GIVE HER WISDOM to make the right choice.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by topeal(f): 7:16pm On Dec 20, 2008
Dora Akunyuli has the chance of becoming nigeria's female president in a short while from now. this appointment is a hard test she must pass. i think the future seer is looking for every oppurtunity to rubish her clean card. she has the option of proving them wrong or disappointing millions of young nigerians who look up to her. I PRAY GOD WILL GIVE HER WISDOM to make the right choice.
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by toyin1709: 8:08pm On Dec 20, 2008
NIGERIA is the only country where we like goin backwards as in we take one step forward and den take 10 steps backward, i dont understand why a woman who is a well respected pharmacist with so much accolades from around the world for her good works for effectively managing NAFDAC will be apointed as an information minister, wtf
WHATS THE CORRELATION
the same ting they did to okonjo and oby and den ribadu, now HER,
2 tings its eida its politically motivated or our president's advisers are not advising him well,
wats she gonna be doing in the world of the media, talking Nigeria to greatness?
shit!!!!
she shld at least(at all at all na winch market) have been taken to education(which is soo rotten) or transportation(which is a shithole) yu kno to revive things since she has a good track record of PERFORMANCE,
now all she has is to be talkin talking talking,
i can nvr understand these guys in aso rock!!!
min of finance was also to environment ministry, wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
talking abt square pegs in round holes BIG TYME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dora Nkem Akunyili (OFR) As The New Information Minister by Muza(m): 8:13pm On Dec 20, 2008
toyin1709:

NIGERIA is the only country where we like goin backwards as in we take one step forward and den take 10 steps backward, i don't understand why a woman who is a well respected pharmacist with so much accolades from around the world for her good works for effectively managing NAFDAC will be apointed as an information minister, wtf
WHATS THE CORRELATION
the same ting they did to okonjo and oby and den ribadu, now HER,
2 tings its eida its politically motivated or our president's advisers are not advising him well,
wats she going to be doing in the world of the media, talking Nigeria to greatness?
shit!!!!
she shld at least(at all at all na winch market) have been taken to education(which is soo rotten) or transportation(which is a shithole) yu kno to revive things since she has a good track record of PERFORMANCE,
now all she has is to be talkin talking talking,
i can nvr understand these guys in aso rock!!!
min of finance was also to environment ministry, wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
talking about square pegs in round holes BIG TYME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

correction,
minister of finance was to National planning which is in order

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Can A Person Buy A Private Jet With An Accountant or doctor Salary / ACN Not A Yoruba Party, Says Ngige / In Kano, Speaker Tambuwal Requests Amnesty For Boko Haram!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.