Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:18 PM

The Nigerian Church: A Cesspit Of Corruption - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Nigerian Church: A Cesspit Of Corruption (1374 Views)

Is Dancing "Shoki", "Bobo" And Others Inside The Church A Sin? / Nigerian Church Uses Nicki Minaj's Photo In Relationship Seminar Poster / Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Nigerian Church: A Cesspit Of Corruption by bolaino(m): 5:22pm On Jan 11, 2015
I would Like to begin with the fact that I am a practicing christian, I strive to keep holy, the beliefs and Tenents of Jesus The Christ. But I am not a Hypocrite, Jesus The Christ Chastened The Pharisees and Scribes who had turned The Synagogue into a Private Money Making Machine, He warned Them To desist From acts That would Make God Angry with The Synagogue. And In that Line I must Tow, I am a Nigerian and I am a Christian, But i am ashamed of The way Christianity has Turned into in Nigeria, Majority of Nigerian Pastors are Long-Con men, who have now become so influential in society that they share Government offices amongst their members. These Con men know themselves, If we were to all Go to court to defend the legality of most of your actions, you all would rot in jail for the rest of your lives, Nigerian Churches have become breeding ground for society delinquents. Where divorce and Marriage is Interwoven, The Nigerian church has now become inspiration for numerous Nollywood scriptwriters, because of The incessant intrigues that happen in the church, If It's Not a Pastor buying a jet, It's a pastor divorcing his most recent wife, or the pastor is accused of Money laundering, Gun running, think about it for a second, When there is extreme evil anywhere in Nigeria, you'll hear the name of a church being implicated. Why The reason Is Obvious, Nigerian Clergy men are self obsessed individuals with crazy fantasies that exploit The Minds and Hearts of Innocent and oftentimes gullible Nigerians. The Nigerian Church has blurred the Line between Good and Evil in the Nigerian Society. The Nigerian Church used to be Good and It spawned a lot of Great Minds and Professionals no doubt, But The Nigerian Church of today has Now become a Cesspit Of Corruption.

6 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Church: A Cesspit Of Corruption by PastorKun(m): 5:45pm On Jan 11, 2015
Hmmmmmn Joagbaje and his oga @the top comes readily to mind grin

4 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Church: A Cesspit Of Corruption by plaetton: 5:50pm On Jan 11, 2015
The Nigerian church, just like the Nigerian police , Nigerian customs, Nigerian academics, Nigerian Public service, etc, has to reflect the moral and ethical compass of the Nigerian state and culture.

It would be naive to expect anything better.
It is the same looters, same bribe takers, same robbers, the same high and low class runs girls, the same kidnappers, ritualists and yahoo boys and girls that fill church seats every Sunday.

And the pastors? Well, they seem to be in a special class of moral degeneracy all by themselves.

Religion in Nigeria reflects the very same fundamental flaws, the half baked, mediocre, fraudulenly contrived arrangenents that is held together by mutually beneficial hypocrisy , blackmail and fraud, ..not so different from the Nigerian state.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Nigerian Church: A Cesspit Of Corruption by Topgainer: 6:09pm On Jan 11, 2015
And what of the dangerous politicking right there in their boardrooms. Mr A, a President of one Church group wants his Son, Mr B, to take over from him. Mr A is pitched against other trustees, transfers Pastor Ade to Sokoto for asking too many questions and Pastor Adaobi is sacked for supporting Pastor Ade's position. Mummy A, warns Mr A to ensure that their son Eso, a 20 year old Harvard undergraduate is given a front seat in the board meeting and also assigned the position of the US Overseer of the Ministry should in case
And the competition for the crown of best miracle, signs and wonders performer on our pre paid TV Channels.
And what of the competition amongs them for a seat next to the President, Governors, Senators as Special advisers on enemy matters.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Church: A Cesspit Of Corruption by bolaino(m): 7:40pm On Jan 11, 2015
Topgainer:
And what of the dangerous politicking right there in their boardrooms. Mr A, a President of one Church group wants his Son, Mr B, to take over from him. Mr A is pitched against other trustees, transfers Pastor Ade to Sokoto for asking too many questions and Pastor Adaobi is sacked for supporting Pastor Ade's position. Mummy A, warns Mr A to ensure that their son Eso, a 20 year old Harvard undergraduate is given a front seat in the board meeting and also assigned the position of the US Overseer of the Ministry should in case
And the competition for the crown of best miracle, signs and wonders performer on our pre paid TV Channels.
And what of the competition amongs them for a seat next to the President, Governors, Senators as Special advisers on enemy matters.
Re: The Nigerian Church: A Cesspit Of Corruption by bolaino(m): 7:44pm On Jan 11, 2015
plaetton:
The Nigerian church, just like the Nigerian police , Nigerian customs, Nigerian academics, Nigerian Public service, etc, has to reflect the moral and ethical compass of the Nigerian state and culture.

It is the same looters, same bribe takers, same robbers, the same high and low class runs girls, the same kidnappers, ritualists and yahoo boys and girls that fill church seats every Sunday.

And the pastors? Well, they seem to be in a special class of moral degeneracy all by themselves.

Religion in Nigeria reflects the very same fundamental flaws, the half baked, mediocre, fraudulenly contrived arrangenents that is held together by mutually beneficial hypocrisy , blackmail and fraud, ..not so different from the Nigerian state.
Re: The Nigerian Church: A Cesspit Of Corruption by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jan 15, 2015
Topgainer:

lolz !! sometimes i think the church-going nigerian masses are fools...

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Church: A Cesspit Of Corruption by bolaino(m): 6:37pm On Jan 15, 2015
DrJoe1:

lolz !! sometimes i think the church-going nigerian masses are fools...
they love being exploited it seems.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Church: A Cesspit Of Corruption by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jan 15, 2015
bolaino:
they love being exploited it seems.

exactly

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Church: A Cesspit Of Corruption by bolaino(m): 6:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
plaetton:

Reading This Post again, raises a lot of Questions about Us as Nigerians, and What we Think/hope to achieve in The nearest future. Once again, Well Said Sire.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Church: A Cesspit Of Corruption by bolaino(m): 9:28am On Sep 04, 2019
bolaino:
I would Like to begin with the fact that I am a practicing christian, I strive to keep holy, the beliefs and Tenents of Jesus The Christ. But I am not a Hypocrite, Jesus The Christ Chastened The Pharisees and Scribes who had turned The Synagogue into a Private Money Making Machine, He warned Them To desist From acts That would Make God Angry with The Synagogue. And In that Line I must Tow, I am a Nigerian and I am a Christian, But i am ashamed of The way Christianity has Turned into in Nigeria, Majority of Nigerian Pastors are Long-Con men, who have now become so influential in society that they share Government offices amongst their members. These Con men know themselves, If we were to all Go to court to defend the legality of most of your actions, you all would rot in jail for the rest of your lives, Nigerian Churches have become breeding ground for society delinquents. Where divorce and Marriage is Interwoven, The Nigerian church has now become inspiration for numerous Nollywood scriptwriters, because of The incessant intrigues that happen in the church, If It's Not a Pastor buying a jet, It's a pastor divorcing his most recent wife, or the pastor is accused of Money laundering, Gun running, think about it for a second, When there is extreme evil anywhere in Nigeria, you'll hear the name of a church being implicated. Why The reason Is Obvious, Nigerian Clergy men are self obsessed individuals with crazy fantasies that exploit The Minds and Hearts of Innocent and oftentimes gullible Nigerians. The Nigerian Church has blurred the Line between Good and Evil in the Nigerian Society. The Nigerian Church used to be Good and It spawned a lot of Great Minds and Professionals no doubt, But The Nigerian Church of today has Now become a Cesspit Of Corruption.
Re: The Nigerian Church: A Cesspit Of Corruption by Kobojunkie: 1:43am On Dec 10, 2023
bolaino:
I would Like to begin with the fact that I am a practicing christian, I strive to keep holy, the beliefs and Tenents of Jesus The Christ. But I am not a Hypocrite, Jesus The Christ Chastened The Pharisees and Scribes who had turned The Synagogue into a Private Money Making Machine, He warned Them To desist From acts That would Make God Angry with The Synagogue. And In that Line I must Tow, I am a Nigerian and I am a Christian, But i am ashamed of The way Christianity has Turned into in Nigeria, Majority of Nigerian Pastors are Long-Con men, who have now become so influential in society that they share Government offices amongst their members. ... Why The reason Is Obvious, Nigerian Clergy men are self obsessed individuals with crazy fantasies that exploit The Minds and Hearts of Innocent and oftentimes gullible Nigerians. The Nigerian Church has blurred the Line between Good and Evil in the Nigerian Society. The Nigerian Church used to be Good and It spawned a lot of Great Minds and Professionals no doubt, But The Nigerian Church of today has Now become a Cesspit Of Corruption.
See, I never understand people like you @OP. You see the obvious corruptions deep in the very minds of your gods of men yet it never occurred to you that if God is the one you want, you may want to start by distancing yourself from all of that filth to start with. lipsrsealed
Re: The Nigerian Church: A Cesspit Of Corruption by Benalemi224: 6:09am On Dec 10, 2023
I am also have been wondering about all these atrocities being committed by the so called men of God.. On the crimes section of nairaland, there's no week you wouldn't see a pastor of a church committing one serious crime or the other..this disturbs me a lot..but I think its a reminder of the last periods

(1) (Reply)

I Think I Need Serious Deliverance And Prayers / Albert Einstein Humiliated An Atheist Professor / Describe Pastor Adeboye=humble..." Describe Pastor Oyedepo=?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.