Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

My Boss Suggests All: But Am A Web Designer - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / My Boss Suggests All: But Am A Web Designer (684 Views)

A Web Designer Needed Urgently. / I Need A Web Designer To Work On My Website / Cost of Designing & Hosting a Web Portal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boss Suggests All: But Am A Web Designer by nuckecy(m): 8:12pm On Dec 17, 2008
Hey a friend of mine made a complain to me today -

"that he doesn't know what to do about the current situation he is right now. Presently he is working for a Web Development Company as a Web Designer while his colleagues do the coding. The situation is he can't conceive his skill because his boss makes the suggestion on how he wants the site to be and look like, the boss doesn't exhibit any graphic flare. Wrong colour combination etc. Am just fade up"

I mean this guy is good but he wants some suggestion on what he should do. I gave him mine, source for another place because you are killing ur ideas,because before you know it, you be thinking like him.

Lets talk about this.
Re: My Boss Suggests All: But Am A Web Designer by yawatide(f): 8:25pm On Dec 17, 2008
The boss has to let the guy's creative juices flow or as you said, dude needs to check out of there.  Pure and simple. 

I outsource to someone right now.  I search the web for sites of the competition.  I take the good and dump the bad.  i forward all URLs to my outsourcee and forward my notes on observations and technical specifications.  My last paragraph in the email I send to him is, "don't let my ideas get in the way of your creativity".  In the end, he produces masterpieces.

So again, the boss needs to be told (diplomatically of course) that his job is to manage affairs of the company and not get down in the trenches.  If he feels that strongly about it, then he needs to be the one working in those trenches.

Gosh! I hate micro managers angry angry and when I apply for jobs I let the interviewers know that as well
Re: My Boss Suggests All: But Am A Web Designer by nuckecy(m): 5:07pm On Dec 18, 2008
Thanks YAWA
Re: My Boss Suggests All: But Am A Web Designer by smartsoft(m): 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2008
infact if the boss thinks it easy to just think about a layout and design it, then he should come and do it, i bet you, that boss will have to pay the guy more bucks
Re: My Boss Suggests All: But Am A Web Designer by Mustay(m): 10:02am On Dec 19, 2008
I know some people like that.

If they ain't satisfied, let him do it himself.

It's alright to complain and make a "graphic" suggestion of what you want. But I hate it when people know not how to combine colors tongue

he can walk out if he feels the man is killing his ideas instead of suffering embarassed embarassed embarassed and smiling! cheesy tongue
Re: My Boss Suggests All: But Am A Web Designer by mrperfect(m): 5:47pm On Dec 19, 2008
Well, I have come across such thing but my is that the person i trained in webdesigning, always like to point one thing or the other that I should
do like this or like that(just because is my senior in age) , Personally I don't like that because is motivated by self ego not genie reason.
so the solution is to be sure that what is point out is not an error from him, if not, in let him gradually look for another place.
Because creativity does not go with emotional conflict that , this situation will be causing.
it will simple lender the guy ineffective.

(1) (Reply)

I Have Mtn 3.5 G Usb Modem For Internet For Sale! / How To Upload File To My Site For Others To Download / Monitor Your Websites 24/7 To Know Instantly When Your Sites Are Down!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.