Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,426 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot (1566 Views)

"I Am Sorry" Tony Blair Apologizes For Iraq War / Military Coup In Burundi, Pierre Nkurunziza Ousted / Guinea-Bissau Military Attack Parts Of Bissau In Coup Plot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot by zigam(m): 9:43am On Dec 18, 2008
There are calls from many quarters that US should withdraw their troops from Iraq but no one has ever reasoned the implication of it. Any right thinking mind wonder what Iraq will be if US troops are suddenly withdrawn completely. To some, Iraq will entertain the whole world with war, coup and counter coup considering some flaws in its present military.

Though, we commend George Bush for his war effort in Iraq without which Iraq would have been a base for terrorists to strike other countries. Seeing Iraq now, do you think it is proper for US to withdraw their troops even in next 3 years?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081218/ts_nm/us_iraq_arrests
Re: Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot by RICHIEBOI1(m): 10:00am On Dec 18, 2008
funny though cause the british PM said yesterday in the news he would be withdrawing british troops from iraq middle of next year 09'. i wonder what will become of iraq .your guess is as good as mine lipsrsealed
Re: Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot by landis(m): 10:04am On Dec 18, 2008
Though, we commend George Bush for his war effort in Iraq without which Iraq would have been a base for terrorists to strike other countries.

who are the 'we' above? surely not me!

Bush and Blair should be made to face judgement!

the world is waiting.
Re: Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot by cgift(m): 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2008
landis:

who are the 'we' above? surely not me!

Bush and Blair should be made to face judgement!

the world is waiting.

while you may argue that his tactics may have been wrong, there was the need to have the alllied forces' intervention else, Iraq would have self-destruct a long time before now. think about that.
Re: Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot by felifeli: 1:47pm On Dec 18, 2008
cgift:

while you may argue that his tactics may have been wrong, there was the need to have the alllied forces' intervention else, I[b]raq would have self-destruct a long time before now[/b]. think about that.

Big deal ; so the self destruct has been postponed for a few more years at the cost of tens of thousands of innocent lives, and the embolding of Iran, of a more calamitous power stronghold which respected none other than the superior madness of Saddam Hussain. The Middle East is gonna burn bros; prepare for the end of the civilised world. (Read Revelations ) . Are you all prepared to meet your maker ?
Re: Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 18, 2008
@Poster.

Where are you getting your information from?. What you put up there is insanely repulsive.

1. Who told you that Iraq was not a relatively peaceful country before the war monger bush and his tag-along got in there?.

2. Well informed people will tell you that rather than Iraq, Bush should have focus his terrorist fight along the Afghan-Paskisan mountains. That is where the actual threat is and definetely not Iraq at the time he went into that place.

3. Most of the violence (reduced) going on Iraq today is actually targeted at the army of occupation and their collaborators. Let America get out of that country first and believe me, they will sort out themselves.

4. Bush has made the world more un-safe for westerners than anybody in history. Imagine the Mumbai guys asking for people with American and British passport.

5. The man wilfully allowed intelligence to failed him because he had a pre-determined objective to strike Iraq. Definentely not the reasons he made his people and the rest of the world to believe.

6. It will take America years to rebuild their world respectability that the man has dragged into the valley with him.

7. Come Jan 20th 2009, the world will be glad to say " Good Riddance to the Bush Rubbish"
Re: Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot by kayusa: 2:52pm On Dec 18, 2008
Nijas u guys are so funny grin
U guys don't know much about what the US is doing in Iraq.We have done the best we can and trust me the US will be willing to do the same for any other country apart from Iraq.Religion has nothing to do with it.It's just that ppl are not ready to accept the fact that terrorist does not know if you are anAmericn,a Brith or which ever nationality .
Re: Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot by damola1: 3:37pm On Dec 18, 2008
At this junction that we have come to ( terrorism).

I am very glad to be called a Nigerian, living in Nigeria. grin grin grin

But interestingly, when Osama wanted to start his madness he first of all took out too embassies in two african countries,

I AM PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN
Re: Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot by yam: 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2008
My hands are crossed as events unfolded but trust me, i am on the Lord side.
how are about you?
Re: Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot by auwal87(m): 6:20pm On Dec 18, 2008
@ilugunboy,

Well said, your points are correct.

the poster is educated on the negative side of the agenda.
Re: Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot by zigam(m): 7:03pm On Dec 18, 2008
@Ilugunboy,

The kind of peace that was in Iraq when saddam Hussein was the President was characterised by fear. The Iraqis were living in fear because Saddam was a tyrant. Fear didn't let the people express themselves and it was manifested when Saddam was executed as you saw the people jubilating.
Re: Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot by princekevo(m): 7:14pm On Dec 18, 2008
zigam:

There are calls from many quarters that US should withdraw their troops from Iraq but no one has ever reasoned the implication of it. Any right thinking mind wonder what Iraq will be if US troops are suddenly withdrawn completely. To some, Iraq will entertain the whole world with war, coup and counter coup considering some flaws in its present military.

Though, we commend George Bush for his war effort in Iraq without which Iraq would have been a base for terrorists to strike other countries. Seeing Iraq now, do you think it is proper for US to withdraw their troops even in next 3 years?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081218/ts_nm/us_iraq_arrests

Lol the people of Iraq would have no option than to face and leave with it. That is wht bush and tony Blir bought for them
Re: Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot by felifeli: 9:42pm On Dec 18, 2008
zigam:

@Ilugunboy,

The kind of peace that was in Iraq when saddam Hussein was the President was characterised by fear.  The Iraqis were living in fear because Saddam was a tyrant.  Fear didn't let the people express themselves and it was manifested when Saddam was executed as you saw the people jubilating.

the way it is, they have only exchanged the fear of being tortured and killed by saddam's henchmen for the fear of being blown to bits on the way to market or mosque . poor idiots; they are doomed anyway - together with most of the world (except maybe inconsequential places like Nigeria grin grin)
Re: Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot by dayokanu(m): 8:59am On Dec 19, 2008
1. Who told you that Iraq was not a relatively peaceful country before the war monger bush and his tag-along got in there?.

Peaceful indeed!!! was America in Iraq when Saddam wiped out the Kurds. You know how many people were executed by Saddam for "Conspiracy and Coups"

2. Well informed people will tell you that rather than Iraq, Bush should have focus his terrorist fight along the Afghan-Paskisan mountains. That is where the actual threat is and definetely not Iraq at the time he went into that place.

No. The financier of terrorism was the Baath regime of Saddam Hussein and now Iran and Syria

3. Most of the violence (reduced) going on Iraq today is actually targeted at the army of occupation and their collaborators. Let America get out of that country first and believe me, they will sort out themselves.

Yeah at least they have been taught they could throw a shoe at a president without you and your family being tried and executed for treason. LIBERATION!!! FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION

4. Bush has made the world more un-safe for westerners than anybody in history. Imagine the Mumbai guys asking for people with American and British passport.

American embassies in East Africa? 9-11? Madrid bombings? Danish Cartoon killings? Those were Bush related too.

5. The man wilfully allowed intelligence to failed him because he had a pre-determined objective to strike Iraq. Definentely not the reasons he made his people and the rest of the world to believe.

His intention was to wipe out the evil regime that sponsored terrorists

6. It will take America years to rebuild their world respectability that the man has dragged into the valley with him.

Respectability to Arabs? or whom Hugo Chavez? The whole world still go cap in hand to beg for aid when Tsunami strike South East Asia or Earthquakes hit Pakistan which are major Islamic centers.

7. Come Jan 20th 2009, the world will be glad to say " Good Riddance to the Bush Rubbish"

The world would say Good riddance to Bush, but America would still be the beacon for liberation of the oppressed the way they waged war on Christian Slobodan Milosevic on the side of MOSLEM Ethnic Albanians
Re: Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot by angelina08(f): 10:18am On Dec 19, 2008
That is a good job, keep on.
Re: Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot by Bastage: 11:53am On Dec 19, 2008

LMAO!!!

Two wars against his neighbours - Kuwait and Iran.
Genocide of the Southern Shias.
Genocide of the Marsh Arabs.
Genocide of the Northern Kurds in the Anfal campaign.

"Who told you that Iraq was not a relatively peaceful country"?

Over one million people were killed by the Saddam regime!!!

I laugh in your face.
Re: Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot by JeSoul(f): 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2008
I fear that placing democracy in the hands of the Iraqis will be like putting a laptop in the hands of a monkey . . . they have no idea what to do with it.

They have been living since the begining of their existence under iron fists, its all they know. And I largely suspect as soon as the US is out, they'll revert back to their old ways. It's sad though.

I do suspect there's a small remnant of educated Iraqis who dream of a better & brighter future for themselves and their children. The real question is do they outnumber the remnant of Saddams loyal henchmen? Time will tell. But if history truly repeats itself, we already know how this story will end.
Re: Iraq: 35 Arrested Over Alleged Coup Plot by bawomolo(m): 4:52am On Dec 20, 2008
JeSoul:

I fear that placing democracy in the hands of the Iraqis will be like putting a laptop in the hands of a monkey . . . they have no idea what to do with it.

They have been living since the begining of their existence under iron fists, its all they know. And I largely suspect as soon as the US is out, they'll revert back to their old ways. It's sad though.

I do suspect there's a small remnant of educated Iraqis who dream of a better & brighter future for themselves and their children. The real question is do they outnumber the remnant of Saddams loyal henchmen? Time will tell. But if history truly repeats itself, we already know how this story will end.

the blame falls on the british and the french who ran away from their UN mandates without establishing a capable political structure. It would take some time but i believe iraqi would gain some resemblance of democracy. the first thing that needs to be done is building an iraqi police and army.

(1) (Reply)

South African Airways No Longer Accepting Pilot Applications From White Males / Nelson Mandela Is Dead! Could This Be True? / President Barack Obama’s Nelson Mandela Memorial Complete Speech (watch)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.