Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,230 members, 7,818,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. (1667 Views)

Pa Buhari And His Govt Are Moving From Dictatorship To Dragonic Regime. / Change! Change! I Want To Change, Do U Think Pa Buhari Can Chnage! / Pa Buhari Has No Primary School Certificate. – INEC. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by jtina(f): 9:57pm On Jan 12, 2015
NIGERIA FORGETS TOO QUICKLY: WHO IS PA BUHARI AND WHAT HE INTEND DOING.

This whole hype that General Muhammadu Buhari is this clean guy who should be the next President of Nigeria is baffling, to say the least. It may simply be that people have not bothered to find out the truth about Buhari and his past, or that they are deliberately trying to make a mockery of all of us, orthey just forget too quickly. It is just over 30 years ago when Buhari forcefully overthrew the democratically elected government of Alhaji Shehu Shagari in December 1983, and became the self-installed Military Head of State of Nigeria. For overthrowing a democratically elected government in itself should disqualify Buhari for life from political participation, but somehow, he is in there andnow being branded by the All Progressives Alliance (APC) as the greatest democrat who will save Nigeria. It is quite clear that he does not truly believe in democracy.

Under his regime he detained many people without trial, including anyone that showed any sign ofcriticisms or opposition to his government. Just a few of those detained under his brutal dictatorship include:-

Musical genius Fela Anikulapo Kuti
Tai Solarin, who was also refused the use of his asthma drugs while in jail
Adekunle Ajasin
Chief Lateef Jakande
Ayo Ajewumi, who apparently went blind because of his imprisonment and later died.
Busari Adelakun, who is said to have died in prison from ulcer
Bisi Onabanjo, who also died in circumstances similar to those of Busari Adelakun
Alex Ekwueme
Jim Nwobodo
Sam Mbakwe
Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu
Ambrose Ali
Ndukar Irabor and Tunde Thompson from the Guardian Newspaper

He also sent his military men to ransack the home of Chief Obafemi Awolowo for incriminatingevidence but could not find any.

For me, one of the most horrendous crimes committed by Buhari is the execution of the following ‘drug smugglers’ under Decree 20:-

Bartholomew Owoh (26)
Lawal Ojuolape (30)
Bernard Ogedengbe (29)

Under Decree 20, drug smuggling carried the death penalty. In order to show the world that he was a tough guy, Buhari backdated this Decree so that Bernard Ogedengbe was also executed, even though he committed the offence way before the Decree was passed. Despite a global outcry, Buharis still executed him by firing squad. This was the height of Buhari’s cruelty and brutality towards mankind. If you truly want know who Buhari is, please ask the parents, relatives and friends of Bernard Ogedengbe. The man does not believe in justice and fair play.

Many referred to Buhari as anti-Yoruba and Ibo.

This is just a tiny history of the ‘hero’ Buhari. There are just too many unpleasant things about Buharito write about at the moment. How can such a man be marketed to be the next president of Nigeria?This is really shocking.

When you confront Buhari’s supporters of these facts, surprisingly some are not even aware of them; those who are aware of them may say something like “that was his military days, all that is passed now”. However, the same people are very prepared to use that same passed military record to justify his credibility. Some others would even say Buhari was not the real evil man in the administration,and that it was his second in command, General Tunde Idiagbon. Really? Then, what was the boss doing while his second in command was completely out of order?

The bottom line is we cannot afford to take the risk of having Buhari as the next president of Nigeria, considering his very dark history. We should stick with President Goodluck Jonathan to complete his transformation of Nigeria. Though the president has encountered so many challenges and testing times during his first term in office, President Jonathan is a lot less evil than Buhari.

The problem is Nigeria forgets too quickly. Europe does not forget at all, even if it is 200 years.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by Greyworld: 10:20pm On Jan 12, 2015
D man shud just go and rest.......

Min while make him or d APC E warlords no catch yu o @ op

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by Fash20: 10:37pm On Jan 12, 2015
jtina:

This whole hype that General Muhammadu Buhari is this clean guy who should be the next President of Nigeria is baffling, to say the least. It may simply be that people have not bothered to find out the truth about Buhari and his past, or that they are deliberately trying to make a mockery of all of us, orthey just forget too quickly. It is just over 30 years ago when Buhari forcefully overthrew the democratically elected government of Alhaji Shehu Shagari in December 1983, and became the self-installed Military Head of State of Nigeria. For overthrowing a democratically elected government in itself should disqualify Buhari for life from political participation, but somehow, he is in there andnow being branded by the All Progressives Alliance (APC) as the greatest democrat who will save Nigeria. It is quite clear that he does not truly believe in democracy.

Under his regime he detained many people without trial, including anyone that showed any sign ofcriticisms or opposition to his government. Just a few of those detained under his brutal dictatorship include:-

Adekunle Ajasin
Chief Lateef Jakande
Ayo Ajewumi, who apparently went blind because of his imprisonment and later died.
Bisi Onabanjo, who also died in circumstances similar to those of Busari Adelakun
Alex Ekwueme
Jim Nwobodo
Sam Mbakwe
Ambrose Ali

He also sent his military men to ransack the home of Chief Obafemi Awolowo for incriminatingevidence but could not find any.

For me, one of the most horrendous crimes committed by Buhari is the execution of the following ‘drug smugglers’ under Decree 20:-

Bartholomew Owoh (26)
Lawal Ojuolape (30)
Bernard Ogedengbe (29)

Under Decree 20, drug smuggling carried the death penalty. In order to show the world that he was a tough guy, Buhari backdated this Decree so that Bernard Ogedengbe was also executed, even though he committed the offence way before the Decree was passed. Despite a global outcry, Buharis still executed him by firing squad. This was the height of Buhari’s cruelty and brutality towards mankind. If you truly want know who Buhari is, please ask the parents, relatives and friends of Bernard Ogedengbe. The man does not believe in justice and fair play.

This is just a tiny history of the ‘hero’ Buhari. There are just too many unpleasant things about Buharito write about at the moment. How can such a man be marketed to be the next president of Nigeria?This is really shocking.

When you confront Buhari’s supporters of these facts, surprisingly some are not even aware of them; those who are aware of them may say something like “that was his military days, all that is passed now”. However, the same people are very prepared to use that same passed military record to justify his credibility. Some others would even say Buhari was not the real evil man in the administration,and that it was his second in command, General Tunde Idiagbon. Really? Then, what was the boss doing while his second in command was completely out of order?

The bottom line is we cannot afford to take the risk of having Buhari as the next president of Nigeria, considering his very dark history. We should stick with President Goodluck Jonathan to complete his transformation of Nigeria. Though the president has encountered so many challenges and testing times during his first term in office, President Jonathan is a lot less evil than Buhari.

The problem is Nigeria forgets too quickly. Europe does not forget at all, even if it is 200 years.
who mistakenly left your cage open

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by jtina(f): 10:40pm On Jan 12, 2015
Fash20:
who mistakenly left your cage open

My cage? D truth may b bitter buh it hZ to b said.
Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by saharachic(f): 10:41pm On Jan 12, 2015
Yes oh Yes oh
Back to Otuoke Here i come
From where i started my reign of blood

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by Fash20: 10:43pm On Jan 12, 2015
jtina:

My cage? D truth may b bitter buh it hZ to b said.
ehn ehn your cave. Any my question osisor
Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by jtina(f): 10:45pm On Jan 12, 2015
Greyworld:
D man shud just go and rest.......

Min while make him or d APC E warlords no catch yu o @ op

Hahahhaha. Make dem try na. @least sumbody shud quote me wrong if I am. I may not b a fan of jonathan but he is a less evil dan failbuhari angry. He is 1 president dat practised true democracy to d core.
Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by jtina(f): 10:48pm On Jan 12, 2015
undecided
Fash20:
ehn ehn your cave. Any my question osisor

E b like u 4get ur brains 4 there. Go n check back.
Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by Greyworld: 10:51pm On Jan 12, 2015
jtina:

Hahahhaha. Make dem try na. @least sumbody shud quote me wrong if I am. I may not b a fan of jonathan but he is a less evil dan failbuhari angry. He is 1 president dat practised true democracy to d core.
I only pray Nigerians clamourin 4 change get d anticipated change......

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by ba7man(m): 10:56pm On Jan 12, 2015
I think I prefer all what you wrote about Buhari to the Billions of dollars being stolen by GEJ and his cronies and thousands of Nigerians dying under GEJ. undecided
Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by jtina(f): 11:01pm On Jan 12, 2015
ba7man:
I think I prefer all what you wrote about Buhari to the Billions of dollars being stolen by GEJ and his cronies and thousands of Nigerians dying under GEJ. undecided

Ur opinion. Buh den I wonder if in buhari's regime a nigerian wil cum on social media and abuse d govt and go scot free. Evn if GEJ has failed in all aspect, he practised tru democracy wch evn in obasanjo's regime was not so. Dat nigerians wil stil remember him 4.
Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by ba7man(m): 11:08pm On Jan 12, 2015
jtina:

Ur opinion. Buh den I wonder if in buhari's regime a nigerian wil cum on social media and abuse d govt and go scot free. Evn if GEJ has failed in all aspect, he practised tru democracy wch evn in obasanjo's regime was not so. Dat nigerians wil stil remember him 4.
Subsidy rises from N250 Billion to N2 trillion.

Nigeria spends $35 Billion on power to arrive at 2800MWs.

Oil theft is at an all time high.

Nobody prosecuted for fraud cases in 6yrs.

Federation and excess crude account plundered.

Nigerians dying in numbers never seen since the civil war.

And you want this to continue??

...........What more before you realize a tree branch is being shoved up your butt by PDP??
Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by eaglechild: 11:12pm On Jan 12, 2015
OP most peeps shouting Kai Buhari are black berry toting teenagers who know nothing about the history of Buhari who has one of the worst human rights and economic records in Nigerian history.

He ruled this nation a generation ago and if he forgot anything in Dodan barracks (perhaps his phantom certificate) he should go there and collect it and leave Aso rock alone.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by egift(m): 11:13pm On Jan 12, 2015
Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by egift(m): 11:14pm On Jan 12, 2015
[s]
jtina:

Adekunle Ajasin
Chief Lateef Jakande
Alex Ekwueme
Jim Nwobodo
Sam Mbakwe
Ambrose Ali

Bartholomew Owoh (26)
Lawal Ojuolape (30)
Bernard Ogedengbe (29)

[/s]

NEXT! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by jtina(f): 11:27pm On Jan 12, 2015
ba7man:
Subsidy rises from N250 Billion to N2 trillion.

Nigeria spends $35 Billion on power to arrive at 2800MWs.

Oil theft is at an all time high.

Nobody prosecuted for fraud cases in 6yrs.

Federation and excess crude account plundered.

Nigerians dying in numbers never seen since the civil war.

And you want this to continue??

...........What more before you realize a tree branch is being shoved up your butt by PDP??

All dis I agree. Buh is Buhaha a better man 2 correct all dis looking @ his history wch I only mentioned buh a few. Wat Nigeria shud b luking @ is sum1 beta dan GEJ. It shud b 4ward eva, backward nva. Cos buhaha is only going 2 take us back 2 where we were cuming frm
Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by jtina(f): 11:29pm On Jan 12, 2015
egift:
[s][/s]

NEXT! grin grin grin grin

U cn only cancel d words buh u can't erase d truth. GEJ til sum1 beta dan buhaha cums along.
Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by ba7man(m): 11:32pm On Jan 12, 2015
jtina:

All dis I agree. Buh is Buhaha a better man 2 correct all dis looking @ his history wch I only mentioned buh a few. Wat Nigeria shud b luking @ is sum1 beta dan GEJ. It shud b 4ward eva, backward nva. Cos buhaha is only going 2 take us back 2 where we were cuming frm
Do you have access to the future to know what will happen under Buhari?? Let your decisions be based on facts, not assumptions and speculations.

Buhari is preaching zero tolerance for corruption, GEJ is running around defending corruption + all I mentioned above.

I don't need a crystal ball to know where I'll put my thumb print.
Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by jtina(f): 11:42pm On Jan 12, 2015
ba7man:
Do you have access to the future to know what will happen under Buhari?? Let your decisions be based on facts, not assumptions and speculations.

Buhari is preaching zero tolerance for corruption, GEJ is running around defending corruption + all I mentioned above.

I don't need a crystal ball to know where I'll put my thumb print.

We hv alwz known our Leaders 2 say one tin and do anoda. Wat assurance do u hv dat we nigerians can trust a man who is not even stable in His words. Who once rubbish APC as a party saying dey are bunch of criminals but now campaigning under dem. Buhari is a sharia advocate dat does not Bliv in democracy. Nigeria nids a democrate to witstand d wind of test blowing around d world. Buhari has bin known 2 say one tin and do anoda over time
Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by ba7man(m): 11:47pm On Jan 12, 2015
jtina:

We hv alwz known our Leaders 2 say one tin and do anoda. Wat assurance do u hv dat we nigerians can trust a man who is not even stable in His words. Who once rubbish APC as a party saying dey are bunch of criminals but now campaigning under dem. Buhari is a sharia advocate dat does not Bliv in democracy. Nigeria nids a democrate to witstand d wind of test blowing around d world. Buhari has bin known 2 say one tin and do anoda over time
You can sit with the confirmed failure.

I choose to move on instead.

Cheers.
Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by lukecent: 11:48pm On Jan 12, 2015
Can't vote for sb who overthrew a democratically elected govt for his selfish reasons.
Imagine if he hadn't done that we should be celebrating nearly 40 years of democratic rule & it's benefits. We could ve been a way far forward than we re today.
#GEJ2015
#GEJ TILL 2019

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Forgets Too Quickly: Who Is Pa Buhari And What He Intend Doing. by jtina(f): 11:52pm On Jan 12, 2015
ba7man:
You can sit with the confirmed failure.

I choose to move on instead.

Cheers.

Cheers

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Age Raises Questions Among Nigerian Electorate - BBC / Ekiti Woes Causing Fayose Sleepless Nights / Jega: Beware Of February 18!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.