Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

How Do I Source For Agricultural Farm Produce? - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Do I Source For Agricultural Farm Produce? (605 Views)

"Agriculture Is My MMM" -Journalist Says As He Shares Photos Of His Farm Produce / Bad Roads Affecting The Sales Of Farm Produce [pic] / Please Caption This Wonderful Farm Produce. Picture. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Source For Agricultural Farm Produce? by emmykk(m): 10:03pm On Jan 12, 2015
Dear friends,

i plan to be buying some farm produce from were they are cheaply found to where they are scarce.that is were the vegetation favours the produce to where the vegetation do not favour.

My question is how do buyers/traders source for farm produce for onward sales where they ar scarce.?

1. Is it that the buyers visit commodity markets of those rural areas of places where they are available on those market days?

2.Or do buyers find agents in those rural areas to buy for them?and what are the arrangement is such situations.

For those of us here who trade on farm produce as describe aboved how do you source for sustainable supply
Re: How Do I Source For Agricultural Farm Produce? by dav8id(m): 10:51pm On Jan 12, 2015
two things involved

(1)..you either visit the rural commodity market on the market day and make tje purchse or

(2)..you have a agent that can handle every sourcing and procurement for you...

but no matter what you decide always put in mine that most of commodities market due have union and lost of levies and charges are impose on the commoditeis some are ligal while some are illigal....

again some commodities demamd you buy them by measurement in kilo(mudu) so in this case you need to know how to do the measurement if not you will be cheated by the farmers....

there are many things to be consider before you make your choice .....

there are advantages and disadvantages if you decided to use agent but the advantages have tje higher hand than the disadvantage...

same applied on you do it yourself...
Re: How Do I Source For Agricultural Farm Produce? by emmykk(m): 4:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
Thanks for the reaffirmation.

(1) (Reply)

Please How Do I Go About The Distribution Of Farmproduce In The South / Looking For Farm Produce Suppliers / Vacancy: Farm Assistant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.