Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,096 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ (2320 Views)

Tinubu & Allies Walk Out Angrily As APC South-West Leaders Meet - Vanguard / 2019: South-west Leaders, APC Chieftains Realign Forces - Newtelegraphonline / We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by Ejimike: 10:34pm On Jan 12, 2015
Past NADECO chiefs are hypocrites -Jonathan
JANUARY 12, 2015 BY OLUFEMI ATOYEBI, IBADAN
141 Comments

President Goodluck Jonathan on Monday in Ibadan
lambasted some former National Democratic
Coalition leaders in the South-West, describing them
as hypocrites.
Speaking at the presidential campaign rally of the
Peoples Democratic Party at Mapo Hill, Ibadan,
Jonathan, who did not name names, said the actions
of some of the active participants could not be
justified with what they once professed.
The President, who arrived at the venue of the
campaign at around 12.50pm after paying homage to
the Olubadan of Ibadanland, Oba Samuel Odulana,
had on his entourage the National Chairman of the
PDP, Adamu Muazu; members of the National
Working Committee of the party; Ondo State
Governor Olusegun Mimiko; and members of the
National Assembly.
Also present were the National Publicity Secretary of
the party, Olisa Metuh; Director-General of the
National Campaign Organisation, Ahmadu Alli;
Director, Media and Publicity of the organisation,
Femi Fani-Kayode; the party’s governorship candidate
in Oyo State, Teslim Folarin; and other party
stalwarts.
While calling on the South-West leaders to justify
their leadership style and love for the people,
Jonathan said instead of building prisons for the
youths, he would build schools for them.
He said, “I did say that the South-West reminds one
of the days of National Democratic Coalition. But I
am convinced that some of the NADECO actors were
hypocrites because they cannot justify what they are
doing today.
“The South-West believes in human rights and social
justice. No South-Westerner will pray that someone,
going through proper trial, will be jailed for 300 years
and above. If they are not hypocrites, they couldn’t be
doing what they are doing today but I don’t want to
go into that now. If they are not hypocrites, they will
not be talking about not empowering women.
“Without education, you cannot change the people. If
I did not go to school, I will not be where I am today.
Every Nigerian child must have the Goodluck
opportunity; that is why we are building out-of-
school-children secondary schools and Almajiris
schools in some parts of Nigeria.
“I will not build prison for you, but I will build schools
for you.”
On the issue of corruption in government, Jonathan
said his administration had tried and jailed many
Nigerians but argued that it would not solve the
problem.
He explained that the problem would be solved
through modern technology rather than harsh
method.

1 Like

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by Adextaiwo48(m): 10:42pm On Jan 12, 2015
They are not hypocrites but progressive... When they saw backwardness in one govt. They nove to whr there's CHANGE

9 Likes

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by Adextaiwo48(m): 10:42pm On Jan 12, 2015
They are not hypocrites but progressive... When they saw backwardness in one govt. They move to whr there's CHANGE

2 Likes

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by Kakpos: 10:42pm On Jan 12, 2015
WHERE IS MY CARD? FEB14

2 Likes

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by raumdeuter: 10:46pm On Jan 12, 2015
The rascals and hypocrites are waiting for you on FEBUHARI 14

7 Likes

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by SeverusSnape(m): 10:55pm On Jan 12, 2015
Where in this post did GEJ say "south west leaders are hypocrites"??...He only said the former NADECO leaders in the south west are hypocrites. Please read before you comment

3 Likes

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by KanwuliaJara: 10:55pm On Jan 12, 2015
First they are TOUTS. . . (true)
Now, they are hypocrites. . . (true)

Oya KONTINU! cheesy

4 Likes

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by clevvermind(m): 10:57pm On Jan 12, 2015
south west will always be the slave of the north. let the south west regain their senses. vote for Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by politricks: 10:58pm On Jan 12, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Oya KONTINU! cheesy
Next they would be traitors
Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by KanwuliaJara: 11:02pm On Jan 12, 2015
politricks:
Next they would be traitors

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. . . . . !
You nefa try to 'plan' coup with dem before? Dem go sell YOU plus YOUR PISS AND SHYTE!!!! cheesy
Dem don carry F'O'RST for dat h-area tey tey ke!
Abeg, bring new wan kam! grin

1 Like

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by hannysur8(m): 11:02pm On Jan 12, 2015
Jonathan is gone...Rented crowd in IBADAN today, I collected 2k before following them....na national cake

1 Like

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by supersonic(m): 11:03pm On Jan 12, 2015
When will this man drop Buhari based campaign and say something reasonable about his plans for Nigerians? Nigerians are more patient to listen to you and your party's manifestoes and not GMB did this or did that.

2 Likes

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by KanwuliaJara: 11:04pm On Jan 12, 2015
supersonic:
When will this man drop Buhari based campaign and say something reasonable about his plans for Nigerians? Nigerians are more patient to listen to you and your party's manifestoes and not GMB did this or did that.

He is waaaay tooooooo DAFT!
He can't help it! embarassed

4 Likes

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by macodollar: 11:14pm On Jan 12, 2015
Look at it, there was a time there was an argument about pension fund – such billions. Who is talking about it now ? Billions and we were hearing it … from
excess crude oil money, where is the impact of the excess crude oil money ? Now from oil boom, it has met bad luck; it’ s now oil doom. If my father will be my leader and my siblings will all die, let a stranger be my leader and let my family be. All I’m trying to tell you is that we have not entered into any covenant with anybody. Last time, the First Lady came here. We are not partisan, we welcomed her. We did a spiritual drama here. Lifted four birds to fly up, the main one that should fly up refused to go. I did everything possible and that one is the healthiest of them all but refused
to fly and the spirit of God said, don’t disturb him. When God rejected Saul , David took over. Let me tell you: in the history of Nigeria, we have never
experienced bloodshed as we have in the time of Goodluck. If Goodluck means bloodshed for Nigerians are you waiting until your own blood is shed? We need change, however God will do it. Look
at the insecurity if you go to the northern part of Nigeria.

Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka

1 Like

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by Harmthe(m): 11:14pm On Jan 12, 2015
and u still dey tink of anoda front page
Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by 9jatriot(m): 11:20pm On Jan 12, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Where in this post did GEJ say "south west leaders are hypocrites"??...He only said the former NADECO leaders in the south west are hypocrites. Please read before you comment

NADECO? the guys reputed to have fought Abacha? I guess that will even be worse than insulting SW leaders.

1 Like

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by Baawaa(m): 11:23pm On Jan 12, 2015
Because they did not support you to finish Nigeria,they are hypocrites. grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by Eziachi: 11:25pm On Jan 12, 2015
How many cities now has Jonathan visited without talking about his own plans? Rather he is busy campaigning for Buhari inadvertently.
So his handlers has not told him yet that ' No publicity is a bad publicity'.
Any reasonable and honest Nigerian, minus the rogue elements everywhere knew that Nigeria needs more prison now than schools at the moment and should be filled with professional politicians whose only means of livelihood is politics.

4 Likes

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:44am On Jan 13, 2015
Chai! Na wa Oh!
The Olodo of Otuoke has done it again; he just shot himself in the foot once more; I bet na Asari Dokubo give am this exam leakage - imagine; going to canvas for votes and yet starting off by insulting some of those you are seeking for their votes.

3 Likes

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by Ejimike: 9:41am On Jan 14, 2015
hannysur8:
Jonathan is gone...Rented crowd in IBADAN today, I collected 2k before following them....na national cake
Men Collect ohhhh n Vote wisely
Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by zimoni(f): 10:30am On Jan 14, 2015
Take away Mic from this Muntullar before he destroys himself.

The more he talks, the more he goofs.

Ode Oshi.

2 Likes

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by PhockPhockMan: 10:49am On Jan 14, 2015
@Op, Eziachi, Why you people are too Childish?
Is NADECO a yoruba Organization? Is Ndubuisi Kanu a yoruba man?

1 Like

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by Adminisher: 10:53am On Jan 14, 2015
KanwuliaJara:

Oya KONTINU! cheesy

The vote to be shared on FeBuhari will ansa. They will know diaris Godu.

1 Like

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 14, 2015
hannysur8:

you ré à broke jobless fellow... u collected 2000#. just to show face....u mean each and every one or thé overdose 10,000 person présent got 2000. remember thr is godu ooooo. stop lyin its too early
Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by ChristyG(f): 11:22am On Jan 14, 2015
clevvermind:
south west will always be the slave of the north. let the south west regain their senses. vote for Jonathan.
funny this is coming from ibo animals,who are d legendary slaves in nigeria..who started this association with d northern politicians since d 1960s?ibos....and u have d guts to call others slaves,ibos are still exhibiting their slaving gene by crying more dan the bereaved with their myopic support for ijaw man.so broda ode,gbenu e dake

2 Likes

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by reborn1: 11:25am On Jan 14, 2015
The most funniest quote of PDP campaign is: Do you want to go to Jail? Ahahahahahha. I laugh hard when i remember Akpabio. Lolzzz

1 Like

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by 7lives: 11:46am On Jan 14, 2015
zimoni:
Take away Mic from this Muntullar before he destroys himself.

The more he talks, the more he goofs.

Ode Oshi.

The guy is confused, who wouldn't be, SW is too hot handle, north west and east is already locked down for the general, MB is probably 60/40 in favour of the general, SS with Rotimi and Silver throwing spanner in Jona's wheel unrepentantly, Jona is left with the SE who have actually agreed that they have wined and dined with him and are ready to sink with him, which unfortunately cannot guarantee his re election so instead of still working on the possibility of wining all and sundry over, he goes out to dish out insults forgetting that the harder you push people the angrier the response.

1 Like

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by kendrick9(m): 11:51am On Jan 14, 2015
he is spot on

1 Like

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by MayorofLagos(m): 12:09pm On Jan 14, 2015
If it wasnt for the selfless struggle and sacrifice and bravery of NADECO democracy would not have been firmly planted and an otuoke canoe builder would not be enjoying the values of it.

GEJ, foolish as usual, mis-identified and mis-fired. He gives honors to thieves and he debases heroes of society. His rise to Governorship alone, not to mention VP and then President should be credited to the struggles fought by NADECO to displace military rule and establish civilian rule.

Gej is sorrounded by Ibos, naturally he thinks and speak like them. He then wonders why not a single Yoruba Oba is interested in him.

#cluelesscommander

2 Likes

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by peleson: 12:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
raumdeuter:
The rascals and hypocrites are waiting for you on FEBUHARI 14
Not FEBUHARI! Say FAILBUHARI, he has that experience and it remains his signature
Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by Sloan: 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
MayorofLagos:
If it wasnt for the selfless struggle and sacrifice and bravery of NADECO democracy would not have been firmly planted and an otuoke canoe builder would not be enjoying the values of it.

GEJ, foolish as usual, mis-identified and mis-fired. He gives honors to thieves and he debases heroes of society. His rise to Governorship alone, not to mention VP and then President should be credited to the struggles fought by NADECO to displace military rule and establish civilian rule.

Gej is sorrounded by Ibos, naturally he thinks and speak like them. He then wonders why not a single Yoruba Oba is interested in him.

#cluelesscommander

Absolutely spot on!!! Most Fhoolish president ever!!!

2 Likes

Re: South West Leaders Are Hypocrites- GEJ by gratiaeo(m): 12:26pm On Jan 14, 2015
MayorofLagos:

#cluelesscommander
I never knew NADECO was Yoruba organization

(1) (2) (Reply)

Two Britons Arrested Over Bribe Involving Gunboats Sold To Tompolo / YAYI, APC Senate Candidate Assassination Attempt On Mr. Aeroland, PDP Candidate / BREAKING!!! Nigeria Considers Sanctions On South African Businesses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.