Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,919 members, 7,835,069 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably (17977 Views)

WONDERFUL!!! How To Get A Pay Raise During A Recession / JUMIA Nigeria Sacks 250 Staff, Others Get Pay Cut. / Vacancy For A Pay Roll Administrator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Aroniyo200(m): 12:05pm On Jan 13, 2015
Meet with your boss. Explain to him all the truth, just as you explained to us. Ask for forgiveness. Then, accept pay cut. But never never ever tell anybody any lie again. Learn to say things as they are. Be a man. Grow up.
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by tolexy007(m): 12:12pm On Jan 13, 2015
Frankmishael:
u mad
guy i mean it, u need to c a doc
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Originalsly: 12:58pm On Jan 13, 2015
"The Admin Manager said he (the Director) is not going to sack me"....that's what most companies would do because they found that you are a liar and would go to great lengths to cover up a lie. How can he expect you to be an honest employee? If he indeed does not sack you just thank God you still have a job. Then again....from experience...companies will wait until until you work the pay period, call you in the office, hand you your paycheck and then fire you. Bro..you just burning bridges even before you cross them.

1 Like

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by idu1(m): 1:32pm On Jan 13, 2015
SaiBuharii:
It's high time we stopped negotiating our pay based on our last pay, but based on what we have to offer to the organization. And this things should be confidently stated in interviews. You clearly ask why they need your last slip et all.

I went to an interview and the MD wanted to compare my demanded pAy with what Lagos state workers earn. I told her if I wanted a Lagos state job and pay,I will hv applied there. Lets stop making interviews a one man affair, it's meant to be a discussion btw two pple that want to work together.
that's my own advise too.
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by IamforGod: 1:39pm On Jan 13, 2015
You deserve a pay cut for using formal instead of former.

2 Likes

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Nmeri17: 2:34pm On Jan 13, 2015
SaiBuharii:
It's high time we stopped negotiating our pay based on our last pay, but based on what we have to offer to the organization. And this things should be confidently stated in interviews. You clearly ask why they need your last slip et all.

I went to an interview and the MD wanted to compare my demanded pAy with what Lagos state workers earn. I told her if I wanted a Lagos state job and pay,I will hv applied there. Lets stop making interviews a one man affair, it's meant to be a discussion btw two pple that want to work together.

bro did u eventually get the job??

1 Like

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Blackchampion(m): 2:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
IamforGod:
You deserve a pay cut for using formal instead of former.
Dats all u can say ryt. English Master tanx 4ur observation
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by Pame(m): 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
Please take this as my candid advice in your current situation, take the pay cut job and move on with life. Your new boss may have a rethink over his current decisions on your issue over time and this could be determined on your performance vis-a-vis improvement in the economy. Don't forget that he's a friend to your former boss. Capitalists, individual entrepreneurs and the likes have their ways of wielding their influence on people on the lower food chain or career vibrant young chaps like you and me. Many have been victims of such circumstances, they will only table your issue on a beer parlor table and make you a laughing stuck. If you result to resigning, the consequence may be dire for you, considering the fact that there are no vacancy out there. Remember, your current job gives you a hedge over the previous one in the sense that you are in production line, a career path!.

1 Like

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by veraiyke(m): 7:38pm On Jan 13, 2015
Accept d pay cut if it beta dan d former pay doh cox I dnt tink ur former boss will accept u if u quit d present company. Since dey r frnds hweva I bet der plan will b to put u in d middle where u will ve no choice dan to yield. I sense d pay cut may nt b dat reasonable bt use ur rational judgement very well. D best
Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by silvernus0: 12:57am On Jan 14, 2015
Godmother:
Why is your boss so particular about paying you a salary figure close to what you were earningin your previous place of work. He should have his own bechmark. That being said, you did wrong by falsifying the payslip you gave to him. The major reasons a lot of people switch jobs is to look for one that is favorable to them. You should have just explained the situation to him, including the fact that you were to be confirmed soon with an increased salary in view. Then let him take his decisions from there. If the outcome didn't suit you, you should have politely rejected the offer and stuck with your previous job.

dats 1man biz. job 4u

1 Like

Re: Should He Take A "Pay Cut" Or "Resign" Honourably by irokop(m): 3:01am On Jan 14, 2015
Resign ASAP cos from now henceforth you are seen as a lier, it's not good for to be sacked, they can still keep you until they get somebody who is more honest than you. That's my 50 kobo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Npower Beneficiaries And Their Kids Protest Against Non Payment Of Stipends / Lack Of Jobs Makes People Stay In Jobs That Destroy Their Mental Health. / Scratch Card For Direct Short Service Into The Nigerian Navy Is Out:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.