Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,486 members, 7,958,476 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:09 PM

Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation (1193 Views)

UK House Of Commons Debate On Chibok Girls, Vows To Keep Up The Pressure / British House Of Commons Writes Buhari Over Namdi KANU Arrest / APC Discusses Power Struggle Between Yemi Osinbajo And Nasir El-rufai TODAY (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by pendy79: 10:27am On Jan 13, 2015
House of Lords

Parliament

Military assistance

Posted at 17:00

Former Tory Cabinet minister and Conservative peer Lord Tebbit asks if the UK has considered providing any military assistance to Nigeria's "incompetent army" in defeating Boko Haram.

He argues that Boko Haram's activities are a "continuation" of the 1970s Nigerian civil war, exacerbated by the corruption of the Nigerian government and the "vicious spirit" of Islamic extremism.

Baroness Anelay says the UK will not send its own troops to Nigeria but that the UK is helping to train the Nigerian army.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-30777755

1 Like

Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by pendy79: 10:30am On Jan 13, 2015
The whole world knows about the incompetent people running our military and the stupid, uneducated people in the Department of State Security.

Good they are all aware of the corrupt and stealing Government in Power.

GEJ have no hiding place after May 29, 2015

2 Likes

Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by saharachic(f): 10:31am On Jan 13, 2015
Pendy, you sure say this one concern jonathan paa? not at all. when he didnt even talk about the 2, 000 or 150 killed in baga, his own country is it what will happen in uk commons that will concern him? well that his comment on france was an foreign affairs disaster, but dont think for once he cares what Cameron and his clique says about him.

I don't give a damn -GEJ

Yes oh Yes oh
Back to Otuoke Here i come
From where i started my reign of blood

Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by pendy79: 10:38am On Jan 13, 2015
saharachic:
Pendy, you sure say this one concern jonathan paa? not at all. when he didnt even talk about the 2, 000 or 150 killed in baga, his own country is it what will happen in uk commons that will concern him? well that his comment on france was an foreign affairs disaster, but dont think for once he cares what Cameron and his clique says about him.

I don't give a damn -GEJ

Yes oh Yes oh
Back to Otuoke Here i come
From where i started my reign of blood

Your signature got me cracking sis,

It may not matter to him but it surely shows the West is not blind to the ineffective and inept leadership in Power in Nigeria.

The sole reason the UK have not come down hard on his government is because of the Diplomatic Immunity he enjoys, watch out how they turn their back after he lose the general elections in FeBUHARI 14.

Abacha's Billions that he kept hidden were not revealed until he was out of power, same with Ibori, they waited until they were out of power.

Watch out for the way the daft, stupid and corruption edifying thief is treated like a Leper when he is out of power.

All the Billions Mama Peace, Diezani and his other cohorts fronting for him are keeping are tracked and monitored and will be returned like the loots of Abacha were returned.
Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by pendy79: 10:41am On Jan 13, 2015
15:31

Conservative MP Richard Fuller asks what the government will do to combat the actions of Boko Haram in Nigeria.

The Islamist militant group controls about 20,000 square miles of territory in the Nigeria.

Nigerian president Goodluck Jonathan has declared an emergency in three states.

Recent violence in the country is the subject of an urgent question, which follows shortly
Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by DONGOYARO1: 10:42am On Jan 13, 2015
The Boko Haram insurgency has gone dangerously out of control. Baga was sacked last week. Baga is where the MNJTF -(Multi National Joint Task Force) base is situated, consisting of soldiers from Nigeria, Cameroon, Tchad and Niger republic.

Technically, The MNJTF base at Baga is the strongest military formation in whole of west africa but Boko fighters have taken over the base. As things are now, there is no armed force in any country within west africa that can tame the Haramites again. We need foreign military intervention now.

2 Likes

Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 13, 2015
Jonathan's incompetence is embarrassing Nigeria before the international community

2 Likes

Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by pendy79: 10:45am On Jan 13, 2015
16:47

Responding to the statement Labour Foreign Affairs spokeswoman Baroness Morgan of Ely says despite the attacks in Paris last week the world must not "lose sight of terrorist attacks taking place elsewhere".

She argues that bilateral action is needed to end the terrorist attacks in Nigeria and asks for details on what is being done to coordinate international action against Boko Haram.
Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by pendy79: 10:47am On Jan 13, 2015
House of Lords

Parliament

As helpful as possible

Posted at 16:50

Baroness Anelay of St Johns says the UK is talking to Nigerian authorities to be as helpful as possible, specifically in terms of providing surveillance and intelligence expertise
Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by pendy79: 10:49am On Jan 13, 2015
How some idiots will pray this incompetent, no agenda driven, no purpose driven or intellectually government continue in power belittle reasoning and commonsense.

GEJ is a curse and a BADLUCK to Nigeria

Rev. Mbaka was so right about the uselessness and cluelessness of the Governement

2 Likes

Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by pendy79: 10:51am On Jan 13, 2015
House of Lords

Parliament

Taliban attacks

Posted at 16:55

Liberal Democrat peer Lord Hussain argues that Boko Haram's activities are just as brutal as the Taliban's, who attacked school children in Pakistan in December, and asks what is being done to help Pakistan.

Baroness Anelay says her comments must be restricted to the country mentioned in the urgent question

Nigeria got mentioned specifically in an URGENT QUESTION
Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by pendy79: 10:52am On Jan 13, 2015
House of Lords

Parliament

Taliban attacks

Liberal Democrat peer Lord Hussain argues that Boko Haram's activities are just as brutal as the Taliban's, who attacked school children in Pakistan in December, and asks what is being done to help Pakistan.

Baroness Anelay says her comments must be restricted to the country mentioned in the urgent question

Nigeria got mentioned specifically in an URGENT QUESTION.

The WEST is tired of the uselessness of the Nigerian Government.
Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by Young03(m): 11:03am On Jan 13, 2015
I watched it live on bbc world this mornin bt cudn't stay to finish d stories, well..d situation in 9ja nw is out of hand...Uk shud pls in conjuction wt God ,intervene in this matter..arest my case
Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by anonimi: 11:04am On Jan 13, 2015
pendy79:

House of Lords

Parliament

Taliban attacks

Nigeria got mentioned specifically in an URGENT QUESTION.

The WEST is tired of the uselessness of the Nigerian Government.

I am sure that in your mind you have equated "the Nigerian government" to be SOLELY the Presidency.
Meanwhile what you posted is the ENGAGEMENT and commitment of the UK Parliamentarians in the fight against terrorism.

Can you show us similar engagement and COMMITMENT of our SINators and representaTHIEVES almost 50% of whom are in the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC
Thanks!

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by pendy79: 11:12am On Jan 13, 2015
Young03:
I watched it live on bbc world this mornin bt cudn't stay to finish d stories, well..d situation in 9ja nw is out of hand...Uk shud pls in conjuction wt God ,intervene in this matter..arest my case

Nigeria as an independent sovereign will call for foreign intervention to have troops on the ground before it can be assisted.

It is either jonaTAN is willfully trying to decimate the population of the North East or is listening to lies and boasts of his military chiefs that they are equal to the task which is a blatant lie.

When Mali faced similar threat to its territorial integrity, It called on France for direct Military Intervention and the terrorist were driven back out of Northern Mali and Timbuktu
Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by pendy79: 11:14am On Jan 13, 2015
anonimi:

I am sure that in your mind you have equated "the Nigerian government" to be SOLELY the Presidency.
Meanwhile what you posted is the ENGAGEMENT and commitment of the UK Parliamentarians in the fight against terrorism.

Can you show us similar engagement and COMMITMENT of our SINators and representaTHIEVES almost 50% of whom are in the Association of Pretending Crooks, APC
Thanks!

Kai Buhari!!!
#Liberate-Lagos

Almost 50% Senators and Reps are in APC?

God help and save your case
Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by anonimi: 11:15am On Jan 13, 2015
pendy79:

Almost 50% Senators and Reps are in APC?

God help and save your case

So what is the exact %, sir
Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by DONGOYARO1: 11:19am On Jan 13, 2015
Young03:
You are correct. The Boko Haram insurgency has gone out of control, it is more serious than we imagine. The casualty figures of the massacre at Baga is much more than what was reported in the media and Amnesty International

Sadly, a Buhari presidency cannot stop Boko Haram except we call for foreign military intervention which includes foreign combat forces. The Nigerian army cannot defeat Boko Haram again
Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by Nobody: 12:44pm On Jan 13, 2015
DONGOYARO1:
The Boko Haram insurgency has gone dangerously out of control. Baga was sacked last week. Baga is where the MNJTF -(Multi National Joint Task Force) base is situated, consisting of soldiers from Nigeria, Cameroon, Tchad and Niger republic.

Technically, The MNJTF base at Baga is the strongest military formation in whole of west africa but Boko fighters have taken over the base. As things are now, there is no armed force in any country within west africa that can tame the Haramites again. We need foreign military intervention now.

Don't worry, foreign soldiers will be stepping there legs on Nigeria soil wthin Feb 14th to May 29th. I just hope u ain't in the wrong place when the sh1ts start happening.
Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by demelza: 12:48pm On Jan 13, 2015
barcanista:
Jonathan's incompetence is embarrassing Nigeria before the international community
This is humiliation, it has passed embarassment.
A passer-by would think we are still under colonial rule and have no leaders of our own.
Anyway till FeBuhari.
Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by wordcat(m): 12:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
DONGOYARO1:

You mean that "No CORRUPT government with Incompetent Army within West Africa can tame Boko Guys?

If this is what you mean, I think I will agree with you.
Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by pendy79: 12:53pm On Jan 13, 2015
demelza:
A passer-by would think we are still under colonial rule and have no leaders of our own.
Anyway till FeBuhari.

is it not better to be under colonial rule than this clueless and inept leadership under jonaTAN?
Re: Monday In Westminister! UK Commons Discusses Nigeria's Situation by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
What is more paindul than losing as an incumbent?
demelza:
Anyway till FeBuhari.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Ranking 3rd On Fastest Growing Economy. CNN List. Pix / Read Why Buhari Will No Longer Travel To US / Anybody Supporting Buhari Supports Bokoharam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.