Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,688 members, 7,844,258 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari (15034 Views)

Tinubu ” Has Never Kept His Words” – Rotimi Akeredolu / Seun Kuti Blasts IBB ,mark, Says Jonathan Is The Worst President Ever / Fashola Got Tongue Lashed For Saying*lagos Won't Vote For GEJ* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by temitemi1(m): 12:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by PassingShot(m): 12:40pm On Jan 13, 2015
bokohalal:
'"Jonathan for his INCOMPETENCE and Buhari for personal reasons"

Means if he didn't have any personal reason with Buhari, he would have supported and campaigned for him!

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by ShowYourCertificate: 12:46pm On Jan 13, 2015
MissMeiya:
Nigerian journalists are a DISGRACE. LMFAO at the way Seun Kuti abused that reporter. I'm going to tweet him to ask if he heard grin
But do you really think Seun Kuti's words were twisted by the Journalist? Be truthful to me.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 13, 2015
NairalandOP:
But do you really think Seun Kuti's words were twisted by the Journalist? Be truthful to me.

Absolutely. I didn't believe when I saw the article. Even Fela would choose Buhari over Jonathan.

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by jeje123(m): 12:51pm On Jan 13, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Afrobeat musician Seun Kuti took to his Facebook page this morning to deny saying in an interview with Tribune that folks shouldn't vote for Gen. Buhari. Seun even called out the reporter he had the interview with. Continue to see what Seun allegedly said..

From Sunday Tribune January 11th, Seun Kuti was quoted as saying...
“I will only urge Nigerians, especially her youths, to come out enmasse to elect the ruler of their choice so that Nigeria’s democracy will continue to grow. As for me though, I will never vote for Buhari because of what he did to my father. It is a personal grouse. Buhari denied me the chance of seeing my father in the early stage of my life. He arrested and detained Fela in Kirikiri for the same number of years I was growing up without a father, and even did not allow his family members to see him on a daily basis. He eventually jailed my father and I will always remember that. He jailed my innocent father on currency trafficking, but he is claiming to be a saint now. Truth is that I have no reason to give my vote to any of the two contestants, but more especially Buhari because of the eternal emotional damage he caused the Kuti family, especially me"

http://lindaikeji..com/2015/01/seun-kuti-denies-vowing-never-to-vote.html?m=1

See the post as attached
My broda time is d only healer of some wound let us forget abt d past and decided to move on. Buhari may not be d only brain behind Fela saga it may be fueled by fellow yorubas who loyal to Buhari as @ dat time. Sorry once again and forget abt d past.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by ShowYourCertificate: 12:51pm On Jan 13, 2015
MissMeiya:

Absolutely. I didn't believe when I saw the article. Even Fela would choose Buhari over Jonathan.
But Seun Kuti still insists that he won't vote Buhari. So what's there to disbelieve in the article?
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
NairalandOP:
But Seun Kuti still insists that he won't vote Buhari. So what's there to disbelieve in the article?

You have no ethics.

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
jeje123:
My broda time is d only healer of some wound let us forget abt d past and decided to move on. Buhari may not be d only brain behind Fela saga it may be fueled by fellow yorubas who loyal to Buhari as @ dat time. Sorry once again and forget abt d past.

Everyone, even Fela, knew he broke the law. And Buhari had ZERO tolerance for corruption. This a childhood grudge, which is perfectly understandable.

4 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by ShowYourCertificate: 12:55pm On Jan 13, 2015
MissMeiya:

You have no ethics.
Why do you say so?
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jan 13, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Seun you are the true son of your father. I know there is no way you could have ever endorsed Jonathan.

Like you said, it is a shame that Nigerians will vote for anyone and anything as long as it is not Jonathan. Such a damn shame

This election marks a turning point for Nigeria, it will show the political class that they are accountable to the electorate and if they fall short of expectations- Nigerians will kick them out.

In 2019, if Buhari does not perform, we will boot him out.

Power to Nigerians not politicians.
I just love you for the above comment.

My respect to you.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by neocortex: 1:04pm On Jan 13, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:
Seun you are the true son of your father. I know there is no way you could have ever endorsed Jonathan.

Like you said, it is a shame that Nigerians will vote for anyone and anything as long as it is not Jonathan. Such a damn shame

This election marks a turning point for Nigeria, it will show the political class that they are accountable to the electorate and if they fall short of expectations- Nigerians will kick them out.

Nigerians don't want to gamble their future with a bigoted , semi-literate "general".

GEJ:PROGRESS
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by Orikinla(m): 1:45pm On Jan 13, 2015
Firefire:
story story

GEJ remains the only solution to Nigeria progress at the moment.

GEJ IS A LIAR.

[size=18pt]At two separate fora yesterday in Abuja, President Goodluck Jonathan said he had no intention to stay in the Presidential Villa beyond May 29, 2015.
- See more at: http://www.nigeriadailynews.com/latest-additions/24805-i-won%E2%80%99t-stay-in-office-beyond-2015,-jonathan-insists.html.

Dear President Goodluck Jonathan, it would only be a matter of proving that you are indeed a true leader by demonstrating the dignity, integrity and nobility of a true statesman if you honour your word as quoted in the widely circulated news reports and on the front page of The Guardian newspaper on July 28, 2011.

As you profess to be a God fearing Christian, then honour God by honouring your word, so that you would not end up as a liar or a "419" President of Nigeria who has lied to deceive and mislead Nigeria.

Six years in office is more than enough time to prove that you are indeed a competent and efficient President, Head of State and Commander-in-Chief of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and not an apologist making excuses for your failures.
Any leader that cannot prove himself in four years is not worthy of being a leader.
Even Governor Sule Lamido of Jigawa State who is a leading member of your ruling party, People's Democratic Party (PDP) has openly said Gen. Muhammad Buhari (retd), the Presidential Candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) is incorruptible and honest leader.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reported that Mr. Lamido stated this while addressing supporters of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at a rally in Maigatari on Monday January 12, 2015. And majority of Nigerian voters know that this is the truth.
Nigerians deserve to be led by an incorruptible and honest leader and not a liar.

Making the loudest noise does not mean you are making sense or wise.
Saying that you will not send corrupt people who are criminals to jail is political nonsense.
Have you ever visited Nigerian prisons?
Where you will see poor and powerless Nigerians jailed for stealing fowls and goats. But you have pardoned your corrupt political associates and bosses who have been indicted and convicted of stealing millions of dollars in criminal misappropriations of public funds and depriving fellow Nigerians of the dividends of democracy and good governance since the PDP came to power on May 29, 1999.
The fact is your ruling party has failed and that is why The New York Times rated your administration as grossly corrupt!

The United States- based New York Times has said that President Goodluck Jonathan is leading a corrupt government.
It added that the government had little credibility.
The newspaper, in its editorial published on its website on May 6, condemned Jonathan’s “inept and slow” attitude towards locating and rescuing the schoolgirls abducted from Government Secondary School, Chibok, Borno State, on April 14.
http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-leads-a-corrupt-government-says-new-york-times/.

Reject the greed for power and foolish pride and do the honourable thing, keep your word and conduct the freest and fairest presidential election in the history of Nigeria and leave the Presidential Villa as one of the greatest presidents of Nigeria and not a lying president of political conceit and deceit who has made the lives of majority of Nigerians the worst experiences of life since the end of the Nigerian civil war. - See more at: http://www.nigeriansreport.com/2015/01/dear-president-goodluck-jonathan-honour.html#sthash.OUPHEWYp.dpuf[/size]

1 Share

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by blasterman(m): 1:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
MissMeiya:

Everyone, even Fela, knew he broke the law. And Buhari had ZERO tolerance for corruption. This a childhood grudge, which is perfectly understandable.

When Buhari and his cronies were transferring all d money they stole to Swiss bank.

He jailed someone for having 5000 dollars during an overseas trip with a band of over 40

Talk about hypocrisy

Una go hear wen
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by berbs112(m): 2:29pm On Jan 13, 2015
Dis Election go Badt Gan..... See sweats all over both Aspirants...
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by bokohalal(m): 2:34pm On Jan 13, 2015
PassingShot:

Means if he didn't have any personal reason with Buhari, he would have supported and campaigned for him!
Obviously.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 13, 2015
This is a major indictment on the person of President Jonathan. for SeunKuti to prefer buhari despite what Buhari did to his father, its a big shame.

Jonathan should pack his load in preparation for his trip to Otuoke and start up his Canoe carving business, that suits him more.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by Eziachi: 2:44pm On Jan 13, 2015
blasterman:

When Buhari and his cronies were transferring all d money they stole to Swiss bank.

He jailed someone for having 5000 dollars during an overseas trip with a band of over 40

Talk about hypocrisy

Una go hear wen
He wasn't jailed for having money but having beyond the amount the law allowed without declaring it. You guys should stop lying because of politics.
Every country has a stipulated amount you can have without having to declare it. If you go beyond that amount, you are committing an offence which could land you in jail.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by blasterman(m): 2:50pm On Jan 13, 2015
Eziachi:
He wasn't jailed for having money but having beyond the amount the law allowed without declaring it. You guys should stop lying because of politics.

He was jailing ppl because of 5k. Dolls meanwhile he stole millions of dollars before

Make una dey deceive each other
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by zomby(m): 3:04pm On Jan 13, 2015
“I will only urge Nigerians, especially her youths, to come out enmasse to elect the ruler of their choice so that Nigeria’s democracy will continue to grow. As for me though, I will never vote for Buhari because of what he did to my father. It is a personal ...Seun Kuti.

In his statement he emphasizes his reason for not voting, but at the same time he also carefully elaborates on the importance of making sure that Nigeria's democracy continues to grow, by encouraging others to go out and vote for their choice.

Unlike those of us that share the same village with Jonathan, Seun embraces his sentiment, but doesn't push it into anyone's throat.
I have no other choice but to respect his sentiment.... BRAVO TO SEUN KUTI

Like father like son...This is a sharp kid.

Buhari on my mind.

Sai Buhari
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by Paradise163(f): 3:14pm On Jan 13, 2015
I just want to make a comment
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by Akanbiedu(m): 3:30pm On Jan 13, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

There is a lie in this write-up. The elites are still very much in control and still decide who gets the presidency.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by qabieu2: 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2015
Some people are saying GEJ is the solution.....

What kinda solution are you talking about?! The solution that couldn't solve the problems we're facing in this country? Or the solution that couldn't solute the problem the people of the North-eastern region are facing? It would be disastrous to give the clueless one another 4yrs to be wasted

#Let us all pray and vote for change....and nt allow any of their stories about both candidates confuse us. They both don't deserve a 2nd chance tho

# Let GOD'S will be done
#I believe the tym has come for GOD to intervene
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by wirinet(m): 3:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
Buhari denied me the chance of seeing my father in the early stage of my life. He arrested and detained Fela in Kirikiri for the same number of years I was growing up without a father,

I am confused by the above statement. Abeg how long was fela in Kirikiri and how long did Buhari rule as head of state? Fela was lock up for barely one year abd Seun is saying that Buhari denied him the chance of seeing his father in the early days of his life and so he grew up without a father. I just dont get it.

If Seun is bitter because he did not see his father for one year, what does he want Mandela children to say?
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by stayblack: 4:37pm On Jan 13, 2015
FELA IS MY FATHER,I DONT KNOW U..TOUT..BUHARI FOR PESIDENT..
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by ChinemeOkpan: 5:06pm On Jan 13, 2015
missbronze:
I just love you for the above comment.

My respect to you.

Thanks darling

Nigerians deserve change

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by Eziachi: 5:14pm On Jan 13, 2015
blasterman:

He was jailing ppl because of 5k. Dolls meanwhile he stole millions of dollars before

Make una dey deceive each other
This is the mentality why crime is a past time to some in Nigeria. Law is there for a reason.
You don't pick which or how much you will respect. Even your president claimed that Jim Nwobodo did not steal enough to warrant long sentence.

Go and rob a bank today for your lunch and tell the judge that it was only lunch money you robbed the bank not millions.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 13, 2015
listenersky:
I knew he wouldnt have said that. Seun is not a bastard.Everybody endorsed Buhari,babies and unborn babies endorsed Buhari. Even I noticed my sperm Cells Endorsed Buhari after ejaculatin.g yesterday.
Madness in practice
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by blasterman(m): 6:15pm On Jan 13, 2015
Eziachi:
This is the mentality why crime is a past time to some in Nigeria. Law is there for a reason.
You don't pick which or how much you will respect. Even your president claimed that Jim Nwobodo did not steal enough to warrant long sentence.

Go and rob a bank today for your lunch and tell the judge that it was only lunch money you robbed the bank not millions.

he told ppl not to carry 5000 dollars meanwhile he and his governors where stealing more than that.

The same person went on a hajj trip with entourage and b4 he came back babaginda kick him out

dont think im supporting GEJ either but Buhari is a step in the wrong direction
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by judekoffi(m): 8:24pm On Jan 13, 2015
Death is wicked.fela lives on for life.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by taiwo09: 9:46pm On Jan 13, 2015
ok i declare "Anyone that say jonathan should rule without a good reason will die with his children children" this is not about BUHARI but anyone trying to take over. arent u fool tired of this stupid man?? what a nation im i living in oh God....brainless people!!!
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by Swiftboy(m): 12:20am On Jan 14, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

our Emotion will not let us see clearly what GEJ has done God have mercy...its not our fault,we think change can come as soon as possible no thanks to APC brain-washing. Goodluck has tried.
Re: Seun Kuti Blasts Jounalist For Twisting His Words, Says He Won't Vote Buhari by UrbanMystique: 10:57am On Jan 14, 2015
seun really made a lot of sense here..

he just moved 1 rank on my cred rank

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Don't Declare Niger Delta Republic - Edwin Clark Begs Militants / Ramadan Fast: I Am Healthier Now – Buhari / Voting Ends As Counting Starts In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.