Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,549 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

How Male Circumcision Protects Against Hiv/aids And Other Stds - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Male Circumcision Protects Against Hiv/aids And Other Stds (1099 Views)

Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS / Female Circumcision Is Dangerous To Women's Health; It Should Be Scrapped. / AIDS And Teen Sex Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Male Circumcision Protects Against Hiv/aids And Other Stds by soccerchic(f): 10:31pm On Aug 16, 2006
Dear all,

According to World Health Organization (WHO) studies have shown that circumcised men stand a better chance of not becoming HIV positive and

therefore not effecting more people. I heard that demand has now shot up for male circumcision in Africa. (mind u, the study is not yet complete and is

expected to be completed by 2007). Knowing that my question to all the guys is will you be circumsised as a preventative measure to curb HIV?
Re: How Male Circumcision Protects Against Hiv/aids And Other Stds by Oracle(m): 3:16am On Aug 26, 2006
Well circumcision, i would say is more of a religious thing but a whole lot of people do it now.
a male child is better circumcised at birth, coz i don't know what itz like to tell a fully grown uncircumcised male to go and get circumcised. itz not as easy as it sounds.
As for prevention to HIV, that may be true. but what is know is that it doesn't affect productivity.

(1) (Reply)

Candidias / Sex During Pregnancy / Help! Needs Drug To Add Weight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.