Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,224 members, 7,825,855 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Tension In Edo Over Oshiomhole Aides’ Assault On Catholic Priest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tension In Edo Over Oshiomhole Aides’ Assault On Catholic Priest (1103 Views)

Reactions Over Oshiomhole's Allegations That An Ex Minister Stole $6billion / Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest / Governor Oshiomhole’s Aides Beats Up Catholic Priest To Coma In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tension In Edo Over Oshiomhole Aides’ Assault On Catholic Priest by okiezman(m): 3:32pm On Jan 13, 2015
Tension is mounting in Edo State following the alleged beaten of a Catholic Priest, Rev. Father Peter Udo of Uromi Diocese at the weekend by aides of Governor Adams Oshiomhole.

The assault, which was allegedly due to the failure of the cleric to clear for the governor’s convoy, was carried out along Amiendokhian-Ugboha Road in Esan South-East Local Government Area of the state.

Reports had it that Oshiomnhole and his guest, Lagos State Governor, Babatunde Fashola, was on their way to commission the Amiendokhian- Ugboha Road when the incident occurred.

Rev. Father Udo, who hails from Ujiogba in Esan-West Local Government Area, was on way to his Parish, St. Denis Catholic Church Ugboha in Esan South- East, when he encountered the convoy of the governor.

Daily Independent gathered from a dependable source closed to the Uromi Diocese of the Catholic Church that the priest, who is now receiving treatment in an undisclosed hospital in the area, was beaten into a state of coma by the aides for not leaving the road for the governor’s convoy.

”It is true that one our priest, Rev. Father Peter Udo, who is in charge of St. Denis Catholic Church Parish in Ugboha, was beaten into a state of coma by aides to Governor Adams Oshiomhole along Amiendokhian-Ugboha Road when he went to commissioned the road.

“From what we gathered, the offence of the priest was that he did not jump into the bush for the governor’s convoy to pass. He was humiliated and beaten even in his cassock. At the appropriate time, the Uromi Diocese of the Catholic Church will issue a statement on the issue”, the source said.

However, a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Peter Okhiria, accused the Independent Television (ITV), owned by Chief Gabriel Igbinedion for reporting falsehood, insisting that the governor was never at Ujiogba as reported by the station.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2015/01/tension-edo-oshiomhole-aides-assault-catholic-priest/
Re: Tension In Edo Over Oshiomhole Aides’ Assault On Catholic Priest by okiezman(m): 3:35pm On Jan 13, 2015
They even assalt a priest of God now? Apc what's all this aggression for? Does this happen in other countries please Is this democracy or democrazy abi demonstration of craze or crazy demonstration like my friend fela asked?

1 Like

Re: Tension In Edo Over Oshiomhole Aides’ Assault On Catholic Priest by SeverusSnape(m): 3:35pm On Jan 13, 2015
There's one thing about Nigerians; when it comes to religious leaders, They don't take it lightly. Remember the case of Ikedi Ohakim, His security details assaulted a Reverend father, That was the beginning of the end for him, He fell out with the IMO people. Adams oshiomhole, I hope the same fate don't befall you.

Please nobody should bring party into this issue. There's nothing partisan about this.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Edo Over Oshiomhole Aides’ Assault On Catholic Priest by Monimatic(m): 3:36pm On Jan 13, 2015
Oshiomole not let Devil push u dis 2015
From demolition of UNIBEN VC house n or loyalists assault on UNIBEN students last week now it is assault on a Old Catholic priest.
Daris God oh!
Later some useless nonentities will Come n defend this inhumane treatment by the Governor's aides because of Politics.
If u u want to abuse me Cos of the constructive criticism I raised. above may u also be assaulted, beaten and disfigured by security agents for what u diddn"t do.
I do talk my own.
......Okada. wait drop me for Oshodi

1 Like

Re: Tension In Edo Over Oshiomhole Aides’ Assault On Catholic Priest by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 3:41pm On Jan 13, 2015
Eweleke
Re: Tension In Edo Over Oshiomhole Aides’ Assault On Catholic Priest by joe17: 3:53pm On Jan 13, 2015
I Don't want 2 say dat short pple are Somhw wicked, even women, in their dealings I nogo talk am sha

1 Like

Re: Tension In Edo Over Oshiomhole Aides’ Assault On Catholic Priest by Melahou(m): 4:05pm On Jan 13, 2015
joe17:
I Don't want 2 say dat short pple are Somhw wicked, even women, in their dealings I nogo talk am sha

but you just said short people are wicked and stupid...and they deal with women any how sad
Re: Tension In Edo Over Oshiomhole Aides’ Assault On Catholic Priest by SUBMARINE: 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
shocked

I hope another Ohakim is not in the making grin

APC clowns oya over to you guys.
Re: Tension In Edo Over Oshiomhole Aides’ Assault On Catholic Priest by Bishop4bella(m): 4:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
Bad omen await you people that beat this man of God to coma assuming the man is not in cassock it would have been better.

1 Like

Re: Tension In Edo Over Oshiomhole Aides’ Assault On Catholic Priest by Trut(m): 4:25pm On Jan 13, 2015
From Go n Die, Uniben demolition to beating of Catholic Priest.
Re: Tension In Edo Over Oshiomhole Aides’ Assault On Catholic Priest by AustineE1: 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2015
...and yet they tell us that the are progressives and that they will bring positive change to our country,but i want to ask,is it change to brutality?change to tyrany?change to subjugation?and the annoying part is that rather than to apologise,the will deny the incident completly.I cant wait for february to vote against APC,yet we need change in Nigeria but APC can never be the change we need.
Re: Tension In Edo Over Oshiomhole Aides’ Assault On Catholic Priest by joe17: 5:17pm On Jan 13, 2015
Melahou:

but you just said short people are wicked and stupid...and they deal with women any how sad
bros, read my comment again. this time, do it slowly. Tnkx
Re: Tension In Edo Over Oshiomhole Aides’ Assault On Catholic Priest by Melahou(m): 5:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
joe17:
bros, read my comment again. this time, do it slowly. Tnkx

ok...Hold on lemme get my glasses...Pls help me with touch light
Re: Tension In Edo Over Oshiomhole Aides’ Assault On Catholic Priest by gebest: 6:07pm On Jan 13, 2015
Pls u peopl should wait and here his own part of the story, i trust oshiomhole if is true, he is going to apologise to him cos oshiomhole is a roman catholic.
Re: Tension In Edo Over Oshiomhole Aides’ Assault On Catholic Priest by joe17: 8:06pm On Jan 13, 2015
Melahou:

ok...Hold on lemme get my glasses...Pls help me with touch light
grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

“no Rice For Anyone In Ekiti Who Supports Buhari” – Gov Ayo Fayose / With 10 Days To Election, Jonathan Splits Nigerian Pastors / 1, 000 APC Members Defect To PDP In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.