Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,614 members, 7,827,312 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? (6372 Views)

As Naira Gains, Neighbouring Countries Ease Rush For Nigerian Goods / 5 Ways Power Shortage Is Affecting Nigerian Businesses / How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 13, 2015
I should know better by now, but I can't help trying.

Anyone know of ERP software systems in use by Nigerian businesses? I have a number of business apps that I use, but they are all cloud-based. In Nigeria, that's not a feasible option. I need on-premise software, aka software you install.

The ERP functions I'm referring to are:
* project management
* customer relationship management or CRM
* employee management
* invoicing and accounting
* etc.

I found one, OpenERP that can be installed on your private server, but I really don't like it because you can't export data.

What software do Nigerian organizations use?

Thanks.
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by ameristu: 7:05pm On Jan 13, 2015
@missmeiya Nigerian businesses use OPENERP. You can access it from any computer that has internet connection. You can do without a software based application.
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 13, 2015
ameristu:
@missmeiya Nigerian businesses use OPENERP. You can access it from any computer that has internet connection. You can do without a software based application.

That's the software I was talking about. OpenERP is available to be downloaded and installed on a personal server, but I don't like it.

I want a system that does not depend on internet connection.

Do you use or know people who use the cloud OpenERP? What's your/their experience with it?
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jan 13, 2015
Depends on th bsize of the business, the sector and the availability of funds.

There are local solutions and inssternational ones that address the "unique" nigerian business environment. Butbwhat ibhave found out is that.
Those who have a cautious budget stick with either sage erp or a combination of different products to handle accounting, payroll and HCM functions.. all budget friendly.
Then if you have big pockets you can take a wack at Oracle Erp, SAP or Microsoft Navision.. i think ms navision goes by another name now. Btw.. i am using my mobile phone to post this so forgive the spelling mistakses
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 13, 2015
voltron:

There are local solutions and inssternational ones that address the "unique" nigerian business environment. Butbwhat ibhave found out is that.
Those who have a cautious budget stick with either sage erp or a combination of different products to handle accounting, payroll and HCM functions.. all budget friendly.
Then if you have big pockets you can take a wack at Oracle Erp, SAP or Microsoft Navision.. i think ms navision goes by another name now. Btw.. i am using my mobile phone to post this so forgive the spelling mistakses

No problem. Very thorough answer, thaaaank you.

Do you have personal experience with Sage ERP? Or one of the other "budget friendly" solutions?
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 13, 2015
MissMeiya:

No problem. Very thorough answer, thaaaank you.

Do you have personal experience with Sage ERP? Or one of the other "budget friendly" solutions?

Sage ERP ibhave helped deploy for a Lagos State agency..but usage is another thing. I know zero about the functional aspects. It is a 100+ organization so i guess you can call them midsized.
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 13, 2015
voltron:

Sage ERP ibhave helped deploy for a Lagos State agency..but usage is another thing. I know zero about the functional aspects. It is a 100+ organization so i guess you can call them midsized.

I'll look into it. Thanks so much smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jan 13, 2015
MissMeiya:

I'll look into it. Thanks so much smiley

You are most welcomed
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 13, 2015
In Lagos, Oracle, SAP and Microsoft are taking the lead. While SAP has taken over the aviation companies and along with Oracle leading the oil companies, Microsoft has completely covered production companies especially food production companies. Microsoft Dynamics NAV is doing just great and Microsoft Dynamics AX is not doing bad. The later is mostly used by larger organisations. However, most firms have dropped Microsoft Dynamics SL and GP. Microsoft CRM is another product that well accepted here.
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
voltron:

Microsoft Dynamics NAV is more like it.

Yeah, you're right, some firms rather integrate individual systems to achieve their needs though this can hardly be as effective as ERP's. As for the uniqueness, some ERP's like the Dynamics series are extremely customisable thus making it fit in well so easily. Like you said, it all depends on budget.
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 1:03am On Jan 14, 2015
BornSad:
In Lagos, Oracle, SAP and Microsoft are taking the lead. While SAP has taken over the aviation companies and along with Oracle leading the oil companies, Microsoft has completely covered production companies especially food production companies. Microsoft Dynamics NAV is doing just great and Microsoft Dynamics AX is not doing bad. The later is mostly used by larger organisations. However, most firms have dropped Microsoft Dynamics SL and GP. Microsoft CRM is another product that well accepted here.

Oh my darling. Thank you! This is great! Oh, mon cœur!

You see, I want to make sure the software I choose will have local support and training available, so it has to be sort of popular in Nigeria. You're a darling.

1 Like

Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by ireneony(f): 12:20am On Jan 16, 2015
bla bla bla.....lame topic, try again another time

2 Likes

Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 12:32am On Jan 16, 2015
ireneony:
bla bla bla.....lame topic, try again another time
Lol. See beef.
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 12:34am On Jan 16, 2015
musKeeto:

Lol. See beef.
Lol. I thought I was the only one who found that funny. cheesy
Ayamlaykorn
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by herald9: 12:43am On Jan 16, 2015
laykorn:

Lol. I thought I was the only one who found that funny. cheesy
Ayamlaykorn

you found that comment funny

Hmmm
This is Romeo's symptom... You need a heart checkundecided
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 6:51am On Jan 16, 2015
herald9:

you found that comment funny

Hmmm
This is Romeo's symptom... You need a heart checkundecided

Ni shuo hanyu ma?
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by herald9: 7:13am On Jan 16, 2015
BornSad:

Ni shuo hanyu ma?

Wǒ shì zhōngguó rén smiley
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 16, 2015
herald9:

Dui ma? Hao ba. Wo ye shi zhonguo ren. cheesy
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jan 16, 2015
herald9:

BornSad:

Dui ma? Hao ba. Wo ye shi zhonguo ren. cheesy

Lame. Wǒ shì fàguó rén. tongue
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by michaelok(m): 2:55pm On Jan 16, 2015
We just started using Tally ERP 9, since last september 2014 and, its working fine so far. we are into marketing.
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 16, 2015
michaelok:
We just started using Tally ERP 9, since last september 2014 and, its working fine so far. we are into marketing.
Thanks so much for your input! I'll check it out.
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jan 16, 2015
MissMeiya:

Hahaha.... Miya, ni zhidao nide hanyu bu tai hao! tongue
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by herald9: 5:45pm On Jan 16, 2015
MissMeiya:

BornSad:

All these GoogleT students shacheesy
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 16, 2015
herald9:

All these GoogleT students shacheesy
Lol. What language is that anyway?
Ayamlaykorn
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by herald9: 7:29pm On Jan 16, 2015
laykorn:

Ayamlaykorn

Software languagecheesy
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Jan 16, 2015
laykorn:

Ayamlaykorn

Don't mind him, it's Mandarin Chinese. And for your information herald9, I took a semester of Beginner's Chinese in undergrad, HMPH!! angry grin
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 16, 2015
BornSad:

我是法国人。I wrote it perfectly!
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 16, 2015
herald9:

Software languagecheesy
Lies! I'm not a software engineer, but I have brother who does it so I have an idea what it looks like tongue
Ayamlaykorn
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by herald9: 7:49pm On Jan 16, 2015
laykorn:

Lies! I'm not a software engineer, but I have brother who does it so I have an idea what it looks like tongue
Ayamlaykorn

MissMeiya:

Don't mind him, it's Mandarin Chinese. And for your information herald9, I took a semester of Beginner's Chinese in undergrad, HMPH!! angry grin

gringrin

What is foreigner doing on NL angry cheesy
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 16, 2015
herald9:

gringrin

What is foreigner doing on NL angry cheesy
Hey, lol. Do you know that one of your poetry teachers is a foreigner?
Ayamlaykorn
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by herald9: 7:57pm On Jan 16, 2015
laykorn:

Hey, lol. Do you know that one of your poetry teachers is a foreigner?
Ayamlaykorn

Tex abi... I know.
Just joking.
Re: ERP Software For Nigerian Businesses? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
MissMeiya:

我是法国人。I wrote it perfectly!

Yeah, you are not that bad. Lol

Dianshi wode hanyu bi nide hao

(1) (2) (Reply)

OKI Vegetable Cooking Oil Direct From Malaysia / How To Fund Ladbrokes Account / Start Your Own Mini Importation Now With Little Or No Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.