Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,916 members, 7,956,449 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:11 PM

How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis (10907 Views)

How These 3 Businesses Can Change Your Life / Is It Legal To Fake Customer Testimonial To Improve Sales? / Attitudes That Can Improve Your Future As An Entrepreneur (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by coolhamid(m): 11:39pm On Jul 22, 2016

Many Nigerian businesses are now making use of data analysis to improve their profit, they have realized that for them to be able to strategically reach and maximize their target market , they need to keep record of their business data and make the necessary decision based on the analysis of the data.The Nigerian market place is ever changing, as a business owner you have to take advantage of your sales data to improve your profit.

How much do your prospects know about your product? Will they be willing to buy your product again after the first purchase ? If yes, how many of your product do you sell in a day, month and year? What is the average sales in a day, month and year? Is there a positive or negative relationship between some factors that influence the production of your product? To what extent does this relationship affect the sales of your product ?

You should able to identify your tiers of customers, those who have bought your product repeatedly, those who bought it once and not impressed with the product and those who are yet to patronize it in your target market. This information will allow you to answer some important questions pertaining to your product . For Instance, you can choose to entice one-time buyers by offering them special package. Identifying this sets of people will go along way in increasing the sales of your product, it enables you to design your products in way that will meet the needs of your customers.

No doubt, effective data usage and Implementation will increase sales.By observing past behaviors, businesses can predict which customers will visit again, the products and special offers that will interest their customers

Source http://www.midomedia.com/how-nigeria-businesses-can-improve-sales-through-data-analysis/

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by omoyankee3(m): 3:13am On Jul 23, 2016
Data analysis is essential to a successful marketing campaign. Good corporations personalize their products/services and reach target customers by segmenting their data according various parameters such as demographics, geographical location, income level etc. Good write up op!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by coolhamid(m): 6:55am On Jul 23, 2016
omoyankee3:
Data analysis is essential to a successful marketing campaign. Good corporations personalize their products/services and reach target customers by segmenting their data according various parameters such as demographics, geographical location, income level etc. Good write up op!
Thanks
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by ochesco64(m): 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
cheesy
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by ezechueze(m): 9:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
Nice
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by uchennn: 9:21pm On Jul 23, 2016
Nice write up @ OP
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by Standing5(m): 9:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
Even PDP needs it.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by omoiyabeji1: 9:29pm On Jul 23, 2016
Great statistician

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by ohereiyi: 9:30pm On Jul 23, 2016
Good write up. I am a data person. In my practice 'data analysis' helps you to answer three questions: how, why and what.
HOW is my products performing.
WHY is it performing at that level and
WHAT must I do to increase or stimulate its performance.
When you analyze your data you will tailor your campaign to meet customer needs because you can predict what they will buy next simply put as: 'Right offer' to the 'right customers' at the 'right time'.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by dexpotter(m): 9:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
Nice post OP. Am proud to b a data analyst uniben certified. Op spread d good news of data analysis
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by edbor(m): 9:53pm On Jul 23, 2016
data analysis been making smart men rich since 100BC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by Rapmoney(m): 10:07pm On Jul 23, 2016
Nice thread cool
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by Emyemyberry(m): 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2016
fact from figures
statistics for planning
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by DonManuel01(m): 10:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
Please forgive my being naive...but I genuinely want to know, how can one acquire this skill of Data Analysis...
What programs do I need to run to become a Data Analyst?
Thanks!
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by oluwasegunolade: 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
Facts from reliable figure, I am a proud statistician.
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
This my career part.... Business analyst. Make aaua gree graduate us soon .

Data analysis with good study of customer behaviour are key to higher profit. The scope is wild and prospect is endless .

Data analysis also help reduce cost, modify business process, improve market offering, customer satisfaction etc
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 23, 2016
DonManuel01:
Please forgive my being naive...but I genuinely want to know, how can one acquire this skill of Data Analysis...
What programs do I need to run to become a Data Analyst?
Thanks!
i think the top most professional body is the IIBA- international institute of business analyst.

Interestly ur background those not really matter... Just ur love for figures and details.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by iykekelvins(m): 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2016
hopsydboi:
This my career part.... Business analyst. Make aaua gree graduate us soon .

Data analysis with good customer behaviour are key to higher profit. The scope is wild and prospect is endless
That's a good career path bro. Evening

Please I'd like you to check my signature and consider him. Thank you
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by Craigston: 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2016
I think data analysis is good as long as the data analyzed does not violate your customer's privacy. Intrusive data collection may become a tempting prospect as other competitors adopt the techniques and the methods become almost insufficient for sustained competition. This is partly due to lack of innovation in the methods used and a lazy preference for intrusive data collection.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 23, 2016
iykekelvins:
That's a good career path bro. Evening

Please I'd like you to check my signature and consider him. Thank you
I don't know which trend to vote or how to
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by QuantAnalyst: 10:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
This is really a good piece!

Its amazing what you can do with data!

I had my first experience with data analysis during my masters abroad.
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
Craigston:
I think data analysis is good as long as the data analyzed does not violate your customer's privacy. Intrusive data collection may become a tempting prospect as other competitors adopt the techniques and the methods become almost insufficient for sustained competition. This is partly due to lack of innovation in the methods used and a lazy preference for intrusive data collection.
Yes ...all right that why we are thought the ethical aspect of business analysis. Noisy data can kill the business too
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by emmanwandud(m): 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2016
There are tools and softwares been used for data analysis to predict and improve sales such as sap, erp , linear models etc they get data from a data warehouse and other pools of data and make accurate predictions for the purposes they are intended for.
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by iykekelvins(m): 10:50pm On Jul 23, 2016
hopsydboi:

I don't know which trend to vote or how to
I'll follow you and mention you on that bro, thanks a lot.
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by Myself50: 1:04am On Jul 24, 2016
emmanwandud:
There are tools and softwares been used for data analysis to predict and improve sales such as sap, erp , linear models etc they get data from a data warehouse and other pools of data and make accurate predictions for the purposes they are intended for.
How about excel
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by ephi123(f): 1:07am On Jul 24, 2016
The next step beyond Data Analysis is Analytics, specifically Predictive Analytics.
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by odiagabros(m): 2:14am On Jul 24, 2016
Pm me for your Research, Journals and data analysis issues
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by cynosure489: 4:39am On Jul 24, 2016
I will tell you why data analysis and analytics will always be a problem in Nigeria.. LIES! Lies because of outrageous targets by sales departments to sales executives.

I once before university, worked as a merchandiser in a diary company and I can tell you that sales canvassers are being made to go out and sell outrageous numbers if they would land something not even near a fine pay at the end of the month. I know how sales personnel would pad their report hook or crook to even get peanuts as pay.

We have a problem here in 9ja. Top-bottom problem.

1 Like

Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by zeedof(m): 6:42am On Jul 24, 2016
Awww am so happy to read through this topic... thanks op.... I love statistics with all my heart even right from high school. Have BSc in stat and about to complete Msc in stat but am tired of it because of no job. My wish is to work in field of statistics if any one can help me but I wouldn't mind any where because Nigeria made me understand that half bread is better than none
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by NnamdiN: 7:52am On Jul 24, 2016
Can a good Nigerian help me with retailman POS software?
Re: How Nigerian Businesses Can Improve Sales Through Data Analysis by 400billionman: 9:02am On Jul 24, 2016
cool

4,954 VIEWS only 31 COMMENTS.

Nigerian youth and illiteracy. No single businessman commented only people who know the theory dey this thread.

Data analysis is good for business growth. A business without records is no business.

(1) (2) (Reply)

CBN Vs NESG: The CBN's Communication Failings In Full Glare Again / Oil Prices Fall As OPEC Plans To End Cuts – Oilprice Intelligence Report / Power Crisis: Senator Calls For Ban On Generators

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.