Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,809 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Seun, Ngwankwe &NL's Should Help Me Out, What Is Obj's Political VALUE? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seun, Ngwankwe &NL's Should Help Me Out, What Is Obj's Political VALUE? (665 Views)

The Employed Should Help FG Pay 5k To The Unemployed - Sen. Bruce / I’ll Make Naira Equal In Value To Dollar, Says Buhari / Did GEJ just end OBJ's Political career?? Like 50 Cent done to Ja Rule?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seun, Ngwankwe &NL's Should Help Me Out, What Is Obj's Political VALUE? by TRUTHTELA: 7:20pm On Jan 13, 2015
I call on every stakeholder on this forum, the owner, Mods, politically informed minds, home and abroad, to EDUCATE me, I want to learn or understand one thing, NO name calling, just for SMART MINDS that understand the dynamics of Nigerian politics.

Obasanjo, did not win his ward in 1999, the Yourba folks rejected him and voted massively for Olu falae, it was the Northern Generals, with the help of the ilk in South East, Middle Belt and South South that pushed Obasanjo, into office in 1999.

In 2003, the South West, chose to back Obasanjo, for reasons we all know, consequently, the AD Governors, were rigged out of their offices. Now, let me start from Ogun State, Gbenga Daniel ( Obj's boy), was installed as Governor. Gbenga, alone fought Obasanjo, to a standstill for 8 years, took the party structure from Obj. Obj's daughter was able to be rigged into the senate when her dad hold sway. When Obj, left power, Iyabo, was defeated and the all mighty Obasanjo couldn't help her or anyone.

Segun Osoba, is a the god of Ogun politics, he helped the incumbent gov. to be in office. Courtesy of APC, Osoba's boys won Ogun senate and rep seats. Who in Ogun did Obj. backed in Ogun and the person was elected in 2011? NONE. The all might Obasanjo's state is in the hands of APC, what an IRONY.

When the House of Reps wanted to elect their Speaker and other principal officers, All the people that had an association with Obasanjo were relegated, consequently, Aminu Tambuwal, and others were elected against PDP and Obj's plans. Tinubu and his Northern allies used APC clout to make sure Obasanjo's proteges remains less influential in the SW, and so was it.

Obasanjo, hand picked two WEAKLING folks as PDP presidential candidates. He coerced all the aspirants to drop their ambitions and support Yardua and GEJ, hoping that they'll forever rely on him on how to maneuver the MURKY SHARK INFESTED waters of Nigerian politics, because, he's a rtd General that fought the civil war and the only living man that understands Nigeria's people and their problem better, meaning, OBJ, GOT THE ANSWERS TO EVERYTHING. To his greatest surprise, Yardua, became his own man from the day of his inauguration, Yaradua, rubbished and reverted all Obasanjo's policies. Yardua, refused to see Obj, too many times and never went to him for advice, until he died.

Did you say Obj, is powerful? That's some naive perception. If any politician is powerful, with so much political clout, deft moves and network, that's Bola Tinubu. Regardless of how much I dislike some of his moves and greed, I'll give it to him, He's a SMART POLITICAL MAFIA, who understands DEMOCRACY.

My take, I think Jonathan is trying hard not to appear an INGRATE ( cos, he's still in awe of I am a President? ) to a man that made him. He doesn't want to overtly fight or denigrate Obasanjo. If Jonathan, were to be a hardcore Nigerian politician, he would have used his presidential powers and put Obasanjo, where the old man won't believe, "If I'm going down, we all are going down together". The problem with Jonathan, is, he's just a LUCKY COUNTRY BOY, that always found himself with things that are GREATER than him. If Jonathan, were to be the likes of Atiku, Tinubu, Orji Kalu or Ibori, etc, these are RUGGED folks that have fought too many battles in their private lives before venturing into politics, and from their type of politics, you can tell who's street smart and rugged.

Look around you, you'll not find anyone that Obasanjo is sponsoring or campaigning for, I mean, regular Governor, reps and senate post, but Tinubu, Osoba and other real politicians that knows the game, are busy scheming things for their boys. Let Obj, sponsor someone with his locality and lets see how far the person can go.

Jonathan, smoothly schemed Obj, out of PDP, remember when he told you guys that he's " retiring" from active politics? It was the shame and shock of what Jonathan, are doing to his loyalist in PDP. From Andy Uba, to Oyinlola, to ministers, etc, all Obj boys were KICKED OUT of relevance by Jonathan. Where was Obj and his "powerful"? Obj, wanted Lamido and Amechi to take over from Jonathan, of course Jonathan, made him to understand that I RUN NIGERIA and PDP, for now. Why didn't Obasanjo used his "power and clout" to wrestle PDP from Jonathan? Or made it difficult for Jonathan to be the sole candidate? You can't give what you don't have. Obj got now power and relevance. Obj, tried to break PDP, into two, yet GEJ, foiled that plan, hence, the losers went and join APC.

Obasanjo, only power is the chaos he covertly supported in the North East of Nigeria, ( BH) through his Western contacts. The Chibok scam, has his approval and signature written all over it ( but it will come to hunt them in the near future). Ask, yourselves, why is Obasanjo, ( an Ogun state man) always talking about how "the girls will never come back again",? How come former presidents like Shagari, Abdulsalami, and Babangida, who have more in common with the supposed missing girls, are less concerned and have never said anything about it? How come Obsanjo's right hand woman is leading the "Bring back their girls" media and street protest? Why Obj and Oby? No prominent Northerner seems to care? Because Obj and Oby love the girls more than their kinsmen? It doesn't add up.

Tinubu, and APC can visit Obj and ask him to support their candidate, simply because, MY ENEMIES ENEMY IS MY FRIEND, not because he's "powerful or have any electoral value. Obj, simply wants Jonathan, TO ALLOW POWER TO RETURN TO THE NORTH, nothing more or less. If Lamido, were to be PDP's candidate, APC wouldn't bother to visit Obj. Jonathan and PDP might visit Obj or ask for his support, it's done out of DIPLOMACY, not that they NEED it. If PDP needs Obj, and think he has electoral value, they wouldn't rubbished him the way they did, 2-3 years ago.

Going to see Obj in Ogun state, is called courtesy call, it doesn't mean that anyone is begging him. It's called DIPLOMACY, the same way Obj showed up at GEJ's wedding, DIPLOMACY at work, ( act as if u no dey vex for the person), it's the standard for public servants. Don't MISINTERPRET all the visit to Obj. Jonathan only needs the SUPPORT of Nigerians who think he deserves their vote. If Jonathan, can allow Ayo Fayose and Kasumu, to fight Obasanjo, the way they want, you'll realize that Obasanjo, ain't NOTHING politically. I am yet to see Obasanjo, his "POWERFULNESS" and ELECTORAL VALUE. In Ogun, state, only the few who benefited from Obasanjo, will listen to him on who to vote for, the rest will vote for APC, in other Yourba states, they'll vote and rig as they want. Is it the Northerners or Igbos or South South people that Obasnajo will influence their voting pattern?

Where is Obasanjo's so called power?
Re: Seun, Ngwankwe &NL's Should Help Me Out, What Is Obj's Political VALUE? by Dreyl(m): 7:39pm On Jan 13, 2015
..c..
Re: Seun, Ngwankwe &NL's Should Help Me Out, What Is Obj's Political VALUE? by fitzmayowa: 7:41pm On Jan 13, 2015
This will be interesting...
Re: Seun, Ngwankwe &NL's Should Help Me Out, What Is Obj's Political VALUE? by Baawaa(m): 7:57pm On Jan 13, 2015
Ask GEJ angry angry grin angry grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Seun, Ngwankwe &NL's Should Help Me Out, What Is Obj's Political VALUE? by meforyou1(m): 7:59pm On Jan 13, 2015
Obasanjo is a thief with a capital zero political power. An awful ugly old man that slept with his son's wife and is permanently disowned by his daughter, a lady he defiled.
Re: Seun, Ngwankwe &NL's Should Help Me Out, What Is Obj's Political VALUE? by gratiaeo(m): 8:09pm On Jan 13, 2015
OBJ is politically inconsequential
Re: Seun, Ngwankwe &NL's Should Help Me Out, What Is Obj's Political VALUE? by luvmijeje(f): 8:44pm On Jan 13, 2015
Jonathan only needs the SUPPORT of Nigerians who think he deserves their vote. If Jonathan, can allow Ayo Fayose and Kasumu, to fight Obasanjo, the way they want, you'll realize that Obasanjo, ain't NOTHING politically. I am yet to see Obasanjo, his "POWERFULNESS" and ELECTORAL VALUE

Hahaha haha grin grin. I will leave you with the following questions. When Nigeria returned to civil rule in 1999, how come out of all the Yoruba leaders the then ruling elites were more comfortable with OBASANJO? have we ever had a president in this country without the backing of the Northerner?. Can you point one person in Jonathan team that's politically relevant in the North.

I hope you can see why I'm laughing. Jonathan indeed is a kindergarten president.
Re: Seun, Ngwankwe &NL's Should Help Me Out, What Is Obj's Political VALUE? by luvmijeje(f): 8:44pm On Jan 13, 2015
Jonathan only needs the SUPPORT of Nigerians who think he deserves their vote. If Jonathan, can allow Ayo Fayose and Kasumu, to fight Obasanjo, the way they want, you'll realize that Obasanjo, ain't NOTHING politically. I am yet to see Obasanjo, his "POWERFULNESS" and ELECTORAL VALUE

Hahaha haha grin grin. I will leave you with the following questions. When Nigeria returned to civil rule in 1999, how come out of all the Yoruba leaders the then ruling elites were more comfortable with OBASANJO? have we ever had a president in this country without the backing of the Northerners?. Can you point one person in Jonathan team that's politically relevant in the North.

I hope you can see why I'm laughing. Jonathan indeed is a kindergarten president. Unfortunately, he realises it too late.
Re: Seun, Ngwankwe &NL's Should Help Me Out, What Is Obj's Political VALUE? by not4sure(m): 8:54pm On Jan 13, 2015
Obasanjo may not have electoral value. But Obasanjo Knew every nooks and cranes of Nigeria. So he knew people he can go to that have electoral value.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Huge Crowd At Kano PDP Rally / Breaking News! Petroleum Minister Announces Reduction In Fuel Price / Case Closed. Buhari's Certificate Shown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.