Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,426 members, 7,853,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 05:59 AM

Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari (37375 Views)

Abia Traditional Rulers Visit Ikpeazu, Give Him Their Supports / Abia Traditional Rulers Sacks Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari / Buhari: Abia Traditional Rulers Council Disown Eze Isaac Ikonne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by AdekunleBalogun: 8:10am On Jan 14, 2015
This is a serious situation and a dangerous trend in this country, if Buhari is not welcome in the South-east and they can even display it for everyone to see, they should also think about what will happened to Jonathan when he goes to the North, given him a chieftancy title does not mean he will win the election and even if they don't give him he can still win anyways. Even though there is tendency to hate due to events of the past, even though we see other people as strangers in our land and we want to kick them out, even though we despise certain tribe so much, my point is unity and peace must be our guiding principle, it must be our larger purpose. One day an igbo would properly wants to be president too and in the course he might have to go to the north too for support, the traditional rulers should write today's date down because kamar never disappoint.
Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by huseinhad(m): 8:10am On Jan 14, 2015
ogene007:

The hatred between the Igbos and Hausa/Fulani is mutual, that is why GEJ will get 100% of votes cast in the entire southeast. Let me correct something here, if Fashola was the presidential candidate of the APC, and he were to receive such a chieftaincy title, there wouldn"t have been any hue and cry on the matter. The Igbos are fully aware of the long standing hatred of Igbos by the Hausa/Fulani, which was handed down to them by the then Saldana, late Ahmadu Bello, little wonder that it was an Igbo man that killed him, which on its own led to the massacre of Igbos in 1966, leading eventually to the civil war. There has always been that mutual suspicion amongst the three major ethnic groups in Nigeria, only that with the fulanis, hatred is an additional component. I hope this will clear things more for those of you who are being deceived by the rallies in IMO state, and some other southeastern states, stage managed to give an impression that southeast will support Buhari, when shove comes to push, the southeast will speak as they have always spoken. I'm pretty much certain that Buhari is not under any delusions as to think that he will get up to 5% of votes cast in any southeast and south-south states.He is simply paying the price for his nepotic disposition to national issues, over the years.
Is people like you we are praying to God to extinct from forthcoming generation because when you live long you begins to infest the mind of the younger generation with hatred and wickedness. let there be change so that people like you will be put to shame in this country, change to unite nigeria change to wipe out corruption change to strengthen the bond of brotherhood in Nigeria. we are tired of lies we are tired of rigging we are tired of thuggery we tired of incitive stories. change is all we need not continuity.

3 Likes

Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by fuckerholic(m): 8:12am On Jan 14, 2015
Trailblazer1:
Ndigbo refuse to serve fulani

Yorubas what are you waiting for?

No..those ones are peppertual slaves to notherners

2 Likes

Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by Ndu2000: 8:15am On Jan 14, 2015
I have strong conviction majority of those ranting here are not Abians. True Abians know they have been short changed by a combination of TA Orji and Goodluck Jonathan who turned his eyes away from the mis-rule shown by TA Orji in the past eight years.

Aba and her people what have you benefited from TA Orji and Goodluck in the past eight years? Why should you remain in the same position if your answer is No.

Vote for Change. Distance yourself from sycophancy that TA Orji has subjected Abia youth to. All unemployed youths in Abia are now politicians, what a shame!!!

1 Like

Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by rabbaba: 8:16am On Jan 14, 2015
He made a mistake by given him that title. If Uche Ogbu-Agwu catch him am sorry for him his to give him gboko haram one of ABA. By the way how much did he paid for that title. Ikonne pls r u for us or agaisnt us the Igbos

3 Likes

Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by Dreyl(m): 8:28am On Jan 14, 2015
Juliaann:
Lol they will soon crown him Ogbu Uchicha (cockroach) 1 of IMO state

GEJ till 2019
you this disgusting bítch you know you will soon be mine, you will be my sex slave after GMB wins the election!
Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by maum: 8:30am On Jan 14, 2015
PDPwayoo:
what crime did this man commit? Good igbos should condemn this act of traditional rulers council. This greedy dirty men should stop dividing Nigeria.
Buhari and GEJ r Nigerians and should have equal right as Nigerian citizens.

Anybody with his/her senses will not take these criminals serious. They r fighting for their pocket.
These so called traditional rulers sold a lot people as slaves. History shows that 65% of Black slaves in Americas r Igbos.
And these same fo0ls were still looking for slave buyers even when slave trade was abolished in civilized countries.

Traditional rulers dont care about their people. They r greedy and useless to the masses. MY KING HAS MORE THAN 100 EXPENSIVE CARS AND HE IS OF NO IMPORTANCE TO THE MASSES.

Easy for you to say because I guess and I may be wrong, that you're not Igbo.

Don't get me wrong please, there's nothing absolutely wrong with conferring an Hausa man with an Igbo title, but that particular one...? Ogbuagu. Who/What are the 'AGUs' he killed or has conquered for Aba or Igboland to merit that title there?

No now...ahn ahn

5 Likes

Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by Dreyl(m): 8:31am On Jan 14, 2015
Firefire:
fraudulent party of criminals (APC)
pigs deceive pigs (PDP)
Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:31am On Jan 14, 2015
cheruv:

friend stop ranting pls! angry
in the '60s Igbos were heavily nationalistic but in the end what happened a genocidal war that left 30% of the then 10M Igbos dead.
now we've become ethnocentric like you guys yet you're crying wolf! anyway keep crying while we run our game cheesy

LOL @ above in bold.
You got to be kidding.
No doubt a graduate from the Otuoke School of Twisting History.
So since when did selective murder of political and military leaders in other regions by Igbos become nationalistic?

Pls stop using words you obviously do not understand the meaning of; get yourself a dictionary and look up the meaning of GENOCIDE - I believe its one of them.
Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by JideTheBlogger(m): 8:32am On Jan 14, 2015
I wonder why these kind of shits happen in south east. Too many bosses or what?
Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by Gbawe: 8:32am On Jan 14, 2015
cocoduck:

You are very stupid, I a have sacrificed a lot for one Naijeriya, you are the one that is hypocritical and indoctrinated, after deliberately killing innocent civilians in the genocide think this in your rotten head. BIAFRA is my country, my nation, my Pride and my strength, if you don't like it, then join your ancestors.

Just look at yourself ranting pathetically because of the indoctrination handed down to you that you blindly embraced without question. If you genuinely want Biafra, how do you plan to gain it if not by staying in the SE States and making them great and exemplary models of what the Igbos can do in their own space? The world only sees hypocrisy when you shout Biafra yet you remain the most nomadic and migrant ethnic group in Nigeria with ostensibly the least attachment to your own region of origin. No one will take you seriously until you stop talking and begin acting to prove to the world that you understand "charity begins at home".

3 Likes

Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by babadee1(m): 8:32am On Jan 14, 2015
discusant:

If Buhari resigns or dies as president, maza, maza, immediately, a soldier from Buhari district shall take over Gwonment - nothing for Osibanjo.

Some sections, but not all Yoruba, support Buhari with the hope that old Buhari go soon pass away and Osibanjo shall take over - not support for Buhari with the belief that Buhari shall serve Nigeria well - no.

But they seem not to understand that Buhari district can never allow power slip away from the district in the next donkey years, if by any miracle Buhari becomes president this year..

Stop spewing nonsense. Buhari and Yar'Adua are from the same district in Katsina. Why didn't a soldier from the district take over when Yar'Adua died? The military was even much stronger then than they are now, no thanks to the idiotic incompetence of GEJ who has nothing but luck to thank for ever becoming president of Nigeria. Any how sha, good luck can only take you so far. GMB 2015.
Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by cocoduck: 8:34am On Jan 14, 2015
ItsMeAboki:

LOL @ above in bold.
You got to be kidding.
No doubt a graduate from the Otuoke School of Twisting History.
So since when did selective murder of political and military leaders in other regions by Igbos become nationalistic?

Pls stop using words you obviously do not understand the meaning of; get yourself a dictionary and look up the meaning of GENOCIDE - I believe its one of them.
what that guy said, is the simple truth, anybody that thinks that Nigeria is united is deceiving him self

2 Likes

Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by BJ4REEL(m): 8:35am On Jan 14, 2015
JideTheBlogger:
I wonder why these kind of shits happen in south east. Too many bosses or what?
No, too many clueless and confused people!
Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by philips70(m): 8:37am On Jan 14, 2015
It's official, with due regards to my Igbo friends, Igbos will NEVER be president in Nigeria. Not with this mentality. Your brothers are all over the north here almost controlling the economy yet you hide behind a Nokia 3310 with internet facility to preach hate against same people? Mba, things are not done that way. If you cannot put the past behind you and move ahead you will always have a bleak future. Bash me after this, I send nobody and am all ready.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 14, 2015
Trailblazer1:
Ndigbo refuse to serve fulani

Yorubas what are you waiting for?

You are an uneducated buffon, its idiots like you who gives Igbos a bad name!!! Does voting with one's conscience mean one is serving Fulani? Its your type that are a disgrace.. bloody Illiterate!!!

Ibos will never vote GEJ, go to Anambra , Imo, Ebonyi, Enugu, and even this Abia its the wind of change blowing for Buhari..
So please speak for your uneducated family and not others whenever you make these tactless and crude statements.

Buhari Forever!!!!!!!

Proudly Igbo

1 Like

Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by Bayswater: 8:41am On Jan 14, 2015
Jaftee:
If this is true, why will our aspiring President by-cut the right way of doing things? he should know that this guy is not the right man to crown him now, it just like asking any lawyer to swear in a President.

It is just like NL e-rats have crowned Buhari president-elect. My worry is how to stop these people in their track of violence when GEJ wins.
Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by lastpage: 8:42am On Jan 14, 2015
Hmmm....My Igbo BROTHERS wan start again o!

"A house divided against itself NEVER STANDS"!

Why not instead of fighting and disgracing each other, just let every Eze dish out the titles and collect the PAY from these "Politrick-cians".... and still VOTE WISELY?

A word is enough, we can keep playing "back-benchers" because of personal interests o! wink wink

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by Nobody: 8:45am On Jan 14, 2015
An average Igbo will NOT sell out his Titles to outsiders for Coins, but will make sure its GIVEN to those who have positively impacted on the Igbo Dynasty. What has Buhari done for the Igbo nation apart from the killings and maiming occasioned by his politico-religious diatribes that has caused the death of many Igbos ?

The Ikonne of a man must desist from living his life for the coins. The Biafran Legacy must stay alive now and in the future. We tried and we failed, and we will try again. The killers of your forefathers should never be allowed within the eccentric magical inner chambers of Title holders.

4 Likes

Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by unclejb2(m): 8:47am On Jan 14, 2015
philips70:
It's official, with due regards to my Igbo friends, Igbos will NEVER be president in Nigeria. Not with this mentality. Your brothers are all over the north here almost controlling the economy yet you hide behind a Nokia 3310 with internet facility to preach hate against same people? Mba, things are not done that way. If you cannot put the past behind you and move ahead you will always have a bleak future. Bash me after this, I send nobody and am all ready.
Quit pontificating.... Nobody gives a hoot about you. Eze Ikonne has committed an abomination in Igboland and somebody has to point that out. Go And Die if you arent comfortable with it

4 Likes

Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by BraniacX(m): 8:48am On Jan 14, 2015
Sheggy13:

Don't waste your time on these simpletons. They're born to hate and disrespect other tribes.

The way some of you yorubas feel you are entitled to voice your opinions over everything ibo and any other tribe not hausa/fulani especially the most stupid and crass of opinions is going beyond the realms called annoying and irritating into something else unexplored but very unpalatable and then turn around and lash out at any non-yoruba voicing an opinion on exclusively yoruba matters is.....is...........I comment my reserve for now, but with due respect to every other yoruba that don't delebrately poke fingers into other tribes eyes WHAT THE FURCK ARE YOU GUYS FEELING LIKE DONT TELL ME YOU ARE SOMEHOW THINKING YOURSELVES BETTER THAN OR SUPERIOR TO THEM BECAUSE THAT WILL BE VERY LAUGHABLE

4 Likes

Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by maum: 8:48am On Jan 14, 2015
lestat:

You are an uneducated buffon, its idiots like you who gives Igbos a bad name!!! Does voting with one's conscience mean one is serving Fulani? Its your type that are a disgrace.. bloody Illiterate!!!

Ibos will never vote GEJ, go to Anambra , Imo, Ebonyi, Enugu, and even this Abia its the wind of change blowing for Buhari..
So please speak for your uneducated family and not others whenever you make these tactless and crude statements.

Buhari Forever!!!!!!!

Proudly Igbo

Speaking for the place I'm sure of, Anambra, they're not in massive support of Buhari like you said. Just a few who still like Ngige.
They may be confused as to who to vote for but Buhari isn't uppermost on the minds of a very significant percentage of Anambrarians.
Like I said, not sure of other states but sure of Anambra.
Proudly Igbo

3 Likes

Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by Obinoscopy(m): 8:49am On Jan 14, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, Seun and Ishilove, there is no where in the passage, that it was stated that Ikonne was asked! You have consistently re-edit any news in favour of APC, when it sounds as propaganda! Can you give a reason why this shouldn't be treated same!
@Bolded, you means sacked?

It has been edited, thanks for bringing it to my attention.
Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by Wuuworld(m): 8:51am On Jan 14, 2015
The bible said Jesus christ was going around doing good,but the case of buhari is different,He is going around begging for title.....That means he will turn this nation to beggars state.....I hope this is not the change he has be talking about.

1 Like

Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by Johnnoo(m): 8:51am On Jan 14, 2015
You wan try Abia people tongue
Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by unclejb2(m): 8:51am On Jan 14, 2015
lestat:

Buhari Forever!!!!!!!

Proudly Igbo
Lies from the pit of hell! You're a miserable Yoloba boy. Stop deceiving yourself...... FYI, Buhari can never get more than 2000 votes in any state in Igboland. .Thats the reality on ground

2 Likes

Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by NgeneUkwenu(f): 8:53am On Jan 14, 2015
Obinoscopy:
@Bolded, you means sacked?

It has been edited, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Yea sacked!
Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by cheruv: 8:54am On Jan 14, 2015
Abagworo:

Igwe does not exist in Ngwaland. What they have is Eze or Onyenweala and Eze Ikonne has every right to give Chieftaincy title to whosoever his kingdom deems due. Theodore Orji is only playing to Jonathans gallery but I bet you Jonathan and Orji can never dare step into Aba for campaign.
the bolded is the most correct title for all those traditional rulers that dot the Igbo landscape...and scrutinising it very well it looks like the English for Baron cheesy
the only real ezes Igbo land has are EzeNri,EzeAro and every other ruler present at the British invasion of Igbo land. every other that came later should simply be referred to as Onyenweala(Baron) cool

2 Likes

Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by NaijaOptimist: 8:54am On Jan 14, 2015
ogene007:

The hatred between the Igbos and Hausa/Fulani is mutual, that is why GEJ will get 100% of votes cast in the entire southeast. Let me correct something here, if Fashola was the presidential candidate of the APC, and he were to receive such a chieftaincy title, there wouldn"t have been any hue and cry on the matter. The Igbos are fully aware of the long standing hatred of Igbos by the Hausa/Fulani, which was handed down to them by the then Saldana, late Ahmadu Bello, little wonder that it was an Igbo man that killed him, which on its own led to the massacre of Igbos in 1966, leading eventually to the civil war. There has always been that mutual suspicion amongst the three major ethnic groups in Nigeria, only that with the fulanis, hatred is an additional component. I hope this will clear things more for those of you who are being deceived by the rallies in IMO state, and some other southeastern states, stage managed to give an impression that southeast will support Buhari, when shove comes to push, the southeast will speak as they have always spoken. I'm pretty much certain that Buhari is not under any delusions as to think that he will get up to 5% of votes cast in any southeast and south-south states.He is simply paying the price for his nepotic disposition to national issues, over the years.

Guy, i agree with you, but we should learn to forgive and forget.
We cannot achieve a one Nigeria if keep remembering the past, our fathers and great grand father are not as advanced as we are today.
Let our past be past and let us embrace the future, you will agree with me that in Nigeria of today the Igbos need the support of other tribes to attain the exalted post of Presidency, ditto for every tribe in Nigeria.

We need each other.
Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by Sheggy13(m): 8:58am On Jan 14, 2015
BraniacX:

The way some of you yorubas feel you are entitled to voice your opinions over everything ibo and any other tribe not hausa/fulani especially the most stupid and crass of opinions is going beyond the realms called annoying and irritating into something else unexplored but very unpalatable and then turn around and lash out at any non-yoruba voicing an opinion on exclusively yoruba matters is.....is...........I comment my reserve for now, but with due respect to every other yoruba that don't delebrately poke fingers into other tribes eyes WHAT THE FURCK ARE YOU GUYS FEELING LIKE DONT TELL ME YOU ARE SOMEHOW THINKING YOURSELVES BETTER THAN OR SUPERIOR TO THEM BECAUSE THAT WILL BE VERY LAUGHABLE
Tell me which other tribe has the same level of intolerance as your people. You talk low of other people as if they're sub-humans but still live amongst them and expect them to love you in return. If you don't call them ofe mmanu and dirty people, you call them ewu Hausa. It doesn't work like that. Hateful comments of your people on a chieftaincy title bestowed on the former number one person of this country leaves much to be desired. This is not an exclusively Igbo affair as the recipient is not Igbo; hence the magnitude of hate shown on this thread.
Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by Nochious123(m): 8:58am On Jan 14, 2015
the truth finally is this,as much as we all need the change we desire our dear country Nigeria av not reach the stage wen an incumbent president will lose re-eletion, cum wat may,Gej pays d inec officials nd court judges,i pray May God hear our cry for change.
Re: Abia Traditional Rulers Disown Monarch Who Bestowed Title On Buhari by BraniacX(m): 8:59am On Jan 14, 2015
MichaelSokoto:

Leave those insequential NL riffraffs 2 continually rant in their frustration, Baba Iyabo has dealt d final blow on their otuoke clown goon. He's a gonner in d entire North & South west. Let him worry about south east cool

It is good to see that you're still alive and though I always enjoy putting you in your place, this is a new year and i'll exercise some restraint and not walk roughshod over you yet.....i'll simply goad you into furnishing me with the latest of those freakdictionts you always pop-up with before I tackle you, so what's the latest?

Hope you've registered and hoofprinted all your voting bovines from sokoto to kastina? You know GMB will need every vote he can garner both legitimate and otherwise shocked ;o shocked ;o shocked ;o shocked ;o shocked ;o shocked ;o

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bianca Ojukwu At Reception For Prince Harry And Meghan Markle / President Buhari Mourns Pastor TB Joshua / Many States Want To Replicate Religious Bill, They’ve Asked For Our Copy – El-ru

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.