Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,053 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You (54857 Views)

"If You Want To Win Any Election, Pay FFK Not To Support You" - Jimoh Ibrahim / Olusegun Obasanjo To Folorunsho Alakija: 'Madam, I Made You A Billionaire' / Ameachi Didnt Betray Jonathan; It Was Vice-versa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by eunisam: 10:55am On Jan 14, 2015
I never wanted obj to support gej. With or with obj victory is assured.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by deletrue: 10:59am On Jan 14, 2015
onatisi:
don't mind the yeye apc lying manufacturing company. A secret meeting ,yet they heard obj say all that. I won't be surprsed if some dumb goats believe this story .
But we do not expect apc to change over night. A party whose real name is propaganda. Why do you think the name of their spokes man is Lai (lie)? Can't you see and evaluate their actions and behavious?. Are they not making the laudest noise? I have told Nigerians to always disregard any speech, publications, campaigns, whatever from apc. It's all lies.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:00am On Jan 14, 2015
maestroferddi:
I hear you.

What of the rancour between Buhari and IBB that has refused to go away?

Does Jonathan need to physically attack Obasanjo? All he needs is to ignore and relegate him.

He has successfully been doing that. That is why the older man is getting inexorably vindictive.
Do you know that the existence of those generals alone is a threat? How many African countries have upto two of their former heads of state alive? Do you know that Obasanjo, though retired 35 years, commands more respect in the army than Jonathan whom the soldiers could call a "bloody civilian?"
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by maestroferddi: 11:11am On Jan 14, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Do you know that the existence of those generals alone is a threat? How many African countries have upto two of their former heads of state alive? Do you know that Obasanjo, though retired 35 years, commands more respect in the army than Jonathan whom the soldiers could call a "bloody civilian?"
Palm wine joint gossip/chit-chat.

Where was Buhari or Obasanjo when IGP was almost humiliating Tambuwal just to consolidate his position as the police boss?

Forget lazy speculation, goats naturally follow the person bearing the palm fronds. Jonathan has both the yam and the knife to apportion it.

The President is the boss of the bosses, active and retired. Overlook him at your peril.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by legendsilver(m): 11:22am On Jan 14, 2015
MadCow1:

How you came to that assumption would forever remain a mystery to me...

I have never said Buhari would be better than GEJ as president, but then again we wouldn't know unless we try. Going by how low GEJ has set the bar, Buhari would actually have to work hard to be worse than Jonathan..

GEJ curently wields power, Infact he had the very rare chance of an additional 2 years to his mandated 4 and he has shown that he isn't capable of delivering. Bare in mind that if we add another 2 years to his current stay, he would have been in power for the duration of two terms... No thank you.

All we want is change..nit does not matter who..

Like I said, we will keep changing things until we find the right fix.. I and millions of other Nigerians who gave GEJ a chance to fail us are now about to give Buhari that same chance with our fingers crossed..

Geddit?!
Spread the news folks, Ondo state governor has already started rigging.
All the students in Ondo state have been mandated to thumb print for the so called bio-metric. Little wonder he promised to give #Gej 2m votes.
Nigerians should beware of this notice,
Thanks

1 Share

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:33am On Jan 14, 2015
maestroferddi:
Palm wine joint gossip/chit-chat.

Where was Buhari or Obasanjo when IGP was almost humiliating Tambuwal just to consolidate his position as the police boss?

Forget lazy speculation, goats naturally follow the person bearing the palm fronds. Jonathan has both the yam and the knife to apportion it.

The President is the boss of the bosses, active and retired. Overlook him at your peril.
Adamu, is Tambuwal a past head of state?
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by tete7000(m): 11:39am On Jan 14, 2015
One thing I know is that if Jonathan conducts election and still loose, posterity will still judge him right. He is a man who has always constantly echoed that his re-election bid does not worth the drop of any Nigerian blood. When Obasanjo held sway, he tried coming back through the back door using the third term agenda. When that failed, he upturned the PDP constitution, made himself the BOT chairman and then went on to make the popular declaration that 'it is a do or die affair for PDP to win all elective posts they contested for'. He used his power of incumbency and his stooge, Prof. Iwu to rig election in favour of PDP. Yar'adua came in, election tribunal subsequently upturned many of PDP's victories.
Whatever anyone says is Jonathan's sins, if he can organise an election in which he, the incumbent looses, he will win my adoration for life. By doing so he would have bequeathed so much to the country.
1. It would be on record that during his time, Nigerian gain notoriety for calling their president's names without fear of any reprisal. That never happened during Obasanjo's time! He never tolerated any form of criticism. He was all in all. I am surprise about the virulent critic of others he suddenly now became.
2. Jonathan would have laid a foundation for future election where incumbency doesn't count but performance in office. With Obasanjo in government this never happened.
He rigged elections and would not accept defeat for his party. It is wonderful it doesn't matter to Obasanjo what party anyone is now so far the person has something good to bring to the table. I wish he said the same thing when he was in power rather than do it now to seek vengeance.

In my personal opinion, every leader has a role to play in transforming and bringing needed change in the long term. I pray GEJ doesn't get tempted to rig election so that his name can be inscribed in the book if he looses as one of the first African leader (if not the only one) to have organised and loose an election. That to me is enough achievement for him. Once that is done, it becomes a watershed in history book and basis upon which future election can be based. We probably will able to appreciate Jonathan's role afterwards.
As for Obasanjo, I believe he is a man God has kept for so long to face consequences of all his past atrocities and evil deeds. He is selfish and never does anything without the intent of personal gratification. I am always baffled people get carry away with him. Before he goes to grave all his past will visit him. The evil that men do now live with them.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by 100Cents: 11:39am On Jan 14, 2015
Obasanjo must not support Jonathan for him to win.

Obasanjo who said that election is do or die affair. A man who sought tenure elongation for power greediness.

Sitting in judgement over Jonathan's second tenure is Obasanjo height of busybodiness and hypocrisy..
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by OrlandoOwoh(m): 11:39am On Jan 14, 2015
legendsilver:

Spread the news folks, Ondo state governor has already started rigging.
All the students in Ondo state have been mandated to thumb print for the so called bio-metric. Little wonder he promised to give #Gej 2m votes.
Nigerians should beware of this notice,
Thanks
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by 100Cents: 11:42am On Jan 14, 2015
koikoi2:
OBJ is a confused old man. He has forgotten dat he was asking for a third tenure after serving twice.

He wants to play d saint. Foolish man dat shud be resting with his ancestors.

GEJ till OBJ enter grave.

I love people who know and remember history..

Obasanjo is the last person GOODLUCK Jonathan should listen to.

Obasanjo was a tyrant in governance, a do or die civilian president.. The likes of Muhammadu buhari

Jonathan does not belong to their old and expired stock so the beef is well understood. Nonsense..
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by okestev: 11:51am On Jan 14, 2015
President Jonathan has done his very best, which might not be good enough for Nigerians at the moment. Am of the opinion, without any sentiment that the VOICE OF MAN, IS THE VOICE OF GOD. GMB has never had such mamoth support like this since he has been contesting for the NO 1 seat of this great country. PDP wont find it easy this time. The handwritting is so clear on the wall aready. God bless all of us, God bless Nigeria. Pls vote wisely.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by Ayomide002: 11:53am On Jan 14, 2015
ziccoit:
No matter where lies your loyalty and support, every right thinking Nigerian understands the government of GEJ is a failure. If you are a human and still have an atom size of conscience remain in your soul; you would agree with me that Nigeria deserves a better leader.
and who is the better leader contesting now Everybody's expectation now is that,2015 election will bring about a change...all of them are bunch of rascals covering their faces with pretence..only God can save Nigeria......going back to what philosopher ipuwer said about the death of all being........i think Nigeria is ripe for REVOLUTION
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by Ayomide002: 11:59am On Jan 14, 2015
okestev:
President Jonathan has done his very best, which might not be good enough for Nigerians at the moment. Am of the opinion, without any sentiment that the VOICE OF MAN, IS THE VOICE OF GOD. GMB has never had such mamoth support like this since he has been contesting for the NO 1 seat of this great country. PDP wont find it easy this time. The handwritting is so clear on the wall aready. God bless all of us, God bless Nigeria. Pls vote wisely.
i wish men's eyes could be opened to see future....we know the problems we faced and the calamities we are still facing in GEJ's tenure.....i pray we dont face more in buhari's tenure..both of them are not to be voted for.............i support no party but we need JESUS to rule this country...not muslims or occultic members again
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by hotwax: 12:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
eunisam:
I never wanted obj to support gej. With or with obj victory is assured.

The you PDP supporters become arrogant , the more people hate Jonathan.

DOyin Okupe and Abati were the no 1 problem of Jonathan. They always tell Nigerians to go to hell.

Did anyone intended to support buhari. Its because of people like you that GEJ gathered enermous enemy.

You can see the table is twisting.

Remember Buhari never got followers in the south west in past elections..See how he is suddenly strong in the south west even some parts of east. Thanks to people like you...Okupe and co.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by Zulele: 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
chymystique:

Yeah u are right. We deserve a better leader and its not Buhari.. Dunoo why Nigerians ve decided to settle for crumbs offered by the APC..
He is two steps above Jonathan!
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by olaboy001(m): 12:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
100Cents:
Obasanjo must not support Jonathan for him to win.

Obasanjo who said that election is do or die affair. A man who sought tenure elongation for power greediness.

Sitting in judgement over Jonathan's second tenure is Obasanjo height of busybodiness and hypocrisy..
Eyes on you
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by faladeSM1132(m): 12:27pm On Jan 14, 2015
[quote author=paulo007 post=29772708][/quote]
i know the nation newspaper for best propagandist news carrier in naija
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by 100Cents: 12:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
olaboy001:

Eyes on you

Frog eyes on your head.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by olaboy001(m): 12:53pm On Jan 14, 2015
100Cents:

Frog eyes on your head.

Don't worry
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by Bright2(m): 1:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
babadee1:

If you think God cares about who you vote for you're only fooling yourself. Better vote for who will make a future for your children and forget about religion.
& for me that person is Jonathan, period!
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by Tobetoe(m): 1:43pm On Jan 14, 2015
Sedonded .. Baba dats a good one
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by callmenow: 2:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
Another propaganda from TINUBU's machinery. The nation dirge = TINUBU propaganda. OBJ votes PDP on Valentine's Day. Period.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by wizman11(m): 2:52pm On Jan 14, 2015
dats it obasanjo as announced d result feBUHARI wins
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by afbstrategies: 2:56pm On Jan 14, 2015
mistabiola:
No matter how much you hate Obj, he is irreplaceable and he knows a lot about Nigeria politics.... I think Obj has said it all.

I agree and most Nigerians do too. The fact is that we don't see politicians who are firm and resolute these days. What you see is defection and political harlotry everywhere. I am not a fan of the old man but I admire those who are fearless and principled. The fact is that you cannot call a former head of state a motor park tout and then go back to ask for his support. Others will quickly forgive you but not OBJ. The old man is without a doubt, one who doesn't want this country to break up. Buhari may not be the best candidate but a lot of Nigerians feel the country is headed in the wrong direction.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by tonytony208(m): 3:00pm On Jan 14, 2015
MadCow1:

Feel free to fight with the bible not me.. All I did was point you in the direction of the word of God.. cool

Vox Populi, Vox Dei.

anybody can quote any part of d bible to suit his selfish interest. Even the devil quotes d bible to deceive people.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by olaboy001(m): 3:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
[s]
tonytony208:

anybody can quote any part of d bible to suit his selfish interest. Even the devil quotes d bible to deceive people.
[/s]
So this GEJ can't come on TV and welcome Nigerians to this harmattan season. This Government has failed!!!!!
GMB for Real
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by Babaji111(m): 3:29pm On Jan 14, 2015
Good or bad, OBJ is still important in Nigerian politics. The contestants know better.

But I believe , by what was going, that OBJ is more supportive of Buhari than GEJ. His words explains everything for the wise to discern.

So hate him or like him, Buhari is the right man for Aso Rock as of now. GOOD LUCK to APC!
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by Babaji111(m): 3:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
Good or bad, OBJ is still important in Nigerian politics. The contestants know better.

But I believe , by what was going on, that OBJ is more supportive of Buhari than GEJ. His words explains everything for the wise to discern.

So hate him or like him, Buhari is the right man for Aso Rock as of now. GOOD LUCK to APC!
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by hermesprogidy(m): 3:55pm On Jan 14, 2015
God uses people to say "yes" Jonathan unfortunately has used up all the "Yes" in his locker undecided undecided undecided
GetUmad:

By the way, why is Jonathan bent on winning this man's support by all means. He should look at the brighter side, if God says YES, a man's NO is immaterial.
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by stayblack: 4:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
GEJ NA HISTORY...
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by Hannibie: 5:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
I love Obasanjo to the moon and back. He might not be all saint but he is a good statesman. Buhari we all wish you well
Re: Obasanjo To Jonathan: It Is Too Late To Support You by simdam500(m): 5:43pm On Jan 14, 2015
too long story....

Who's got time to waste on the politicians nonsense

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Deji Adeyanju: The Attendance At Obi's Jos Rally Is Poor / Buhari Is 16th In The List Of 500 Powerful Muslims In The World (Photos) / PDP Presidential Primary: Tambuwal Steps Down, Asks Supporters To Support Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.