Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,906 members, 7,814,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Mummies In The House Please HELP!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mummies In The House Please HELP!! (4293 Views)

Pls Mummies In D House I Need Ur Advice / My Dad Often Gets Unclad In The House And I Don't Lyk It / Must See Photos From An Abuja Baby Shower With Three Gorgeous Mummies To Be (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by Mopricelezz(f): 8:23am On Jan 14, 2015
I started the weaning process for my son yesterday. And since he has never sucked since yesterday, my bosom is all full and terribly aching, even my neck nd back are aching, as such that I can't even carry him except I back him. Please mum's in here, how were u able to pull through this period.. Cos am gradually feeling kinda ill from the aches.. Thanks, I anticipate your responses..
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by blank(f): 8:41am On Jan 14, 2015
Mopricelezz:
I started the weaning process for my son yesterday. And since he has never sucked since yesterday, my bosom is all full and terribly aching, even my neck nd back are aching, as such that I can't even carry him except I back him. Please mum's in here, how were u able to pull through this period.. Cos am gradually feeling kinda ill from the aches.. Thanks, I anticipate your responses..

You can start by expressing the milk you have now with a breast pump and then increasing the length of time between expressing. Don't express everything out. If you usually express 200ml, express only 100ml then give a long gap of like 10-14 hrs between each session still expressing less than you did the last time. Within 2 days, your body will adjust. When you can go 24hrs without expressing then you have survived it.

If you dont have a breast pump, use your hands to squeeze out as much milk as you can then use cold cabbage abi na lettuce leaves. Put them in the fridge and then put them in your bra. You will soon have relief. Sorry about the stress.

3 Likes

Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by olamydey(f): 8:44am On Jan 14, 2015
cry Aww...A colleague just did same too but was just taking ibrupofen whenever the pain is extreme. It will be over in 3days max. Sorry dear
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 14, 2015
Mopricelezz:
Don't express it again it will be similar to having him suck,use a pain reliever ibruprofen is OK as suggested by one of the posters, its quite normal and like someone else said 3 days max you should be fine

2 Likes

Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by Mopricelezz(f): 9:29am On Jan 14, 2015
blank:

You can start by expressing the milk you have now with a breast pump and then increasing the length of time between expressing. Don't express everything out. If you usually express 200ml, express only 100ml then give a long gap of like 10-14 hrs between each session still expressing less than you did the last time. Within 2 days, your body will adjust. When you can go 24hrs without expressing then you have survived it.

If you dont have a breast pump, use your hands to squeeze out as much milk as you can then use cold cabbage abi na lettuce leaves. Put them in the fridge and then put them in your bra. You will soon have relief. Sorry about the stress.

Thanks a lot.. Would sure do as told...
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by mutter(f): 9:56am On Jan 14, 2015
A hot shower or warm towel and a little pressure and the excess milk drips out. If you let all the milk in there you could even get an infection.
But if I may ask, why are you weaning the child how old is the child. Why don`t you just continue breast feeding.
There is no need to wean a child so young. If your breasts are so full it means that it is too early.
I breastfed some of my kid`s well over two years.

4 Likes

Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by Mopricelezz(f): 10:11am On Jan 14, 2015
olamydey:
cry Aww...A colleague just did same too but was just taking ibrupofen whenever the pain is extreme. It will be over in 3days max. Sorry dear

Thanks a lot
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by MamaDDD: 10:16am On Jan 14, 2015
Politely ask your husband to suck out the milk for you. After that, prevent any form of stimulation from your baby. It has been working for me. The Lord is your strength
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by Mopricelezz(f): 10:17am On Jan 14, 2015
mutter:
A hot shower or warm towel and a little pressure and the excess milk drips out. If you let all the milk in there you could even get an infection.
But if I may ask, why are you weaning the child how old is the child. Why don`t you just continue breast feeding.
There is no need to wean a child so young. If your breasts are so full it means that it is too early.
I breastfed some of my kid`s well over two years.

Over two years? Waoh, u tried ooo... Am weaning him cos it af taya me jaare, nd he doesn't really want to eat, just bosom feeding.. Pls I don't get d part where u talked about 'Infection'.... Pls explain better.. Tanks
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by Mopricelezz(f): 10:30am On Jan 14, 2015
MamaDDD:
Politely ask your husband to suck out the milk for you. After that, prevent any form of stimulation from your baby. It has been working for me. The Lord is your strength

Oh Really? Thanks a lot...
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 14, 2015
Get your hubby to suck the milk out grin

*joking*
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by mutter(f): 10:47am On Jan 14, 2015
Mopricelezz:

Over two years? Waoh, u tried ooo.. My son is 1yr6mnths... Am weaning him cos it af taya me jaare, nd he doesn't really want to eat, just bosom feeding.. Pls I don't get d part where u talked about 'Infection'.... Pls explain better.. Tanks

IF the breast are too full you might get an infection and fever. You need to ensure that they don`t get too hard. Massage them and do some warm compressions That way some of the milk flows out. The milk flow needs to be stopped gradually.
It is called galactostasia - Symptoms are feeling feverish and body pains.
Ibruprofen is also anti-inflammatory but it is a very strong drug with side effects. Just like most pain killers. If you take even panadol the effects show in your blood days later because the blood becomes more fluid. We tend to take these drugs too often.
You can also seek medical advise.

So while Ibruprofen is good because it has anti inflammatory effects and reduces pain. It does have side effects. And remember pain is an indication that something is not right.
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by Mopricelezz(f): 10:52am On Jan 14, 2015
mutter:

IF the breast are too full you might get an infection and fever. You need to ensure that they don`t get too hard. Massage them and do some warm compressions That way some of the milk flows out. The milk flow needs to be stopped gradually.
It is called galactostasia - Symptoms are feeling feverish and body pains.
Ibruprofen is also anti-inflammatory but it is a very strong drug with side effects. Just like most pain killers. If you take even panadol the effects show in your blood days later because the blood becomes more fluid. We tend to take these drugs too often.
You can also seek medical advise.

So while Ibruprofen is good because it has anti inflammatory effects and reduces pain. It does have side effects. And remember pain is an indication that something is not right.

I understand now.. Tanks a lot for schooling me, I really appreciate...
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by MamaDDD: 10:52am On Jan 14, 2015
He sucked and spit the milk into a bowl ie he emptied the breasts lol. And i felt so better afterwards.
You have to compensate oga oooooo. U understand nau.
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by blank(f): 11:24am On Jan 14, 2015
bisous:

Don't express it again it will be similar to having him suck,use a pain reliever ibruprofen is OK as suggested by one of the posters, its quite normal and like someone else said 3 days max you should be fine

Yes, it is similar to having him suck but it stopping breastfeeding gently as opposed to cold turkey. Stopping all at once can be too painful but a gradual withdrawal is over in 2 days max if you do it the way i said.
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by Mopricelezz(f): 11:44am On Jan 14, 2015
MamaDDD:
He sucked and spit the milk into a bowl ie he emptied the breasts lol. And i felt so better afterwards.
You have to compensate oga oooooo. U understand nau.

Hehehehe! Yu bet I do wink
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by soonest(f): 12:06pm On Jan 14, 2015
Op, i don't advise sudden withdrawal. I do mine gradually over a period of 2wks by reducing the frequency. Finally i'm left with once a night feed and i stop. In that way i have never had pain or engorgement. Please next time do it gradually. Like someone said a warm bath will cause a leakage and the engorgement will reduce. Ibuprofen for 3days will do and you will be alright.
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by bellong: 12:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
Op,

Apply shea-butter (orii) on your breast.

1 Like

Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by Mopricelezz(f): 12:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
soonest:
Op, i don't advise sudden withdrawal. I do mine gradually over a period of 2wks by reducing the frequency. Finally i'm left with once a night feed and i stop. In that way i have never had pain or engorgement. Please next time do it gradually. Like someone said a warm bath will cause a leakage and the engorgement will reduce. Ibuprofen for 3days will do and you will be alright.

Thanks a lot, I've learnt another way now.. Would sure take note next tym... Tanks a lot
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by Mopricelezz(f): 12:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
bellong:
Op,

Really? Do I apply after the warm bath alone or @ evry point in tym?
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by bellong: 1:25pm On Jan 14, 2015
Mopricelezz:

Really? Do I apply after the warm bath alone or @ evry point in tym?

Apply everytime and anytime
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by Debbiemma(f): 1:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
GO to a nurse and tell to mix some drugs for you that u want to stop breastfeeding
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by Enkaynwa(f): 3:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
Take pain reliever like someone suggested. Add anti biotics to it, you'l be fine. smiley
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by Mopricelezz(f): 7:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
Thanks a lot everyone... May our labour over our children never be in vain... U all have bin really helpful... Am much relieved now... Eseun Gaaan!!! Nagode!! Daaaalu!!

3 Likes

Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 15, 2015
Mopricelezz:
Thanks a lot everyone... May our labour over our children never be in vain... U all have bin really helpful... Am much relieved now... Eseun Gaaan!!! Nagode!! Daaaalu!!
I hope you are feeling better today
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by Mopricelezz(f): 1:12pm On Jan 15, 2015
bisous:

I hope you are feeling better today

Yes ooo, am much better, d pain has really gone down. Tanks a lot
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 15, 2015
Mopricelezz:

Yes ooo, am much better, d pain has really gone down. Tanks a lot
Glad about that, do take care
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by Mopricelezz(f): 1:17pm On Jan 15, 2015
bisous:

Glad about that, do take care

Tanks a lot.
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by ifyalways(f): 1:26pm On Jan 15, 2015
bellong:
Op,

Oga Bellong, na wao.
should I call you the professional b0obs handler? tongue
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by bellong: 1:45pm On Jan 15, 2015
ifyalways:

Oga Bellong, na wao.
should I call you the professional b0obs handler? tongue

cry cry cheesy

I am still a learner... I guess my advice wrought miracles, she no longer feel the pains cool grin
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by sexymoma(f): 1:45pm On Jan 15, 2015
MamaDDD:
Egbami!! Suck wetin shocked
Re: Mummies In The House Please HELP!! by smartmom(f): 10:41pm On Jan 15, 2015
sexymoma:
Egbami!! Suck wetin shocked

grin I am sure the poster was just joking. No grown man would want to taste bosom milk...I hope tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Marriage Within Or Outside One's Ethnic Group / A Snake Came Out From Her Vagina / What Are The Things To Buy In Preparation For A Newborn Baby?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.