Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,586 members, 7,816,439 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Please Help, I Have 20,000 - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Help, I Have 20,000 (1905 Views)

Pics Of A Small Scale fish farm with a budget of #7,000 Naira And #20,000 Naira / 20,000 Capacity Fish Pond Lying Fallow. Investors Needed!!! / 20,000 Chicken Egg Capacity Incubator Need Immediate Sale!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, I Have 20,000 by teebabsman(m): 9:45am On Jan 14, 2015
Hi everyone.
Am a 200level animal science student, I have a dream of investing in agriculture and now have been able to save up to #20,000.
Please am here to seek help on business ideas and how to go through it [a less risky one ] and I don't mind partnering.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Please Help, I Have 20,000 by ops(m): 11:45am On Jan 14, 2015
You haven't given enough information, ie, where are you based, where you school & other relevant information.
Ordinarily, I would say you should be more concerned with school for now but I knw circumstances can b different. Like I said, provide more info for folks who might b interested.
Re: Please Help, I Have 20,000 by teebabsman(m): 12:35pm On Jan 14, 2015
ops:
You haven't given enough information, ie, where are you based, where you school & other relevant information.
Ordinarily, I would say you should be more concerned with school for now but I knw circumstances can b different. Like I said, provide more info for folks who might b interested.

Thanks,
to me, doing other stuffs while in school depends on your ability. I know myself and I can't be affected.

I'm schooling in Ogbomoso but based in Osun[ede and Osogbo].
Re: Please Help, I Have 20,000 by boluwajokosegun: 5:04pm On Jan 14, 2015
Do dry roasted catfish biz, lrean how to roast the fish then go buy from farmers , roast, add medtional leaves while roasting , package it well & sell.
Re: Please Help, I Have 20,000 by boluwajokosegun: 5:08pm On Jan 14, 2015
You can as well buy a manual slicer, buy unripe plantain, slice using the manual slicer, fry , package, get young boys & girls to sell along major road or sell to students on campus.....spice with honey or pepper etc .
08136650972---Gbenga

1 Like

Re: Please Help, I Have 20,000 by teebabsman(m): 5:50pm On Jan 14, 2015
boluwajokosegun:
You can as well buy a manual slicer, buy unripe plantain, slice using the manual slicer, fry , package, get young boys & girls to sell along major road or sell to students on campus.....spice with honey or pepper etc .
08136650972---Gbenga

Thanks.
Can I add you on whatsapp
Re: Please Help, I Have 20,000 by teebabsman(m): 5:51pm On Jan 14, 2015
please, I need more ideas
Re: Please Help, I Have 20,000 by knowledge4(m): 10:27pm On Apr 13, 2015
Save your N20k please!

1 Like

Re: Please Help, I Have 20,000 by OLAMIMO12(m): 9:15pm On Jun 03, 2015
dear OP.........save your 20k for now. Try to save more. while doing that, continue with your learning and research of your area of interest in agriculture. Agribusiness/Agrimoney will remain for life.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, I Have 20,000 by omo17(m): 2:30pm On Jun 06, 2015
knowledge4:
Save your N20k please!
OLAMIMO12:
dear OP.........save your 20k for now. Try to save more. while doing that, continue with your learning and research of your area of interest in agriculture. Agribusiness/Agrimoney will remain for life.
With people like you, i doubt if this country can ever move forward. An sure you are older dan this poster and am very u people still depends on ur parents. just sit down and think and come back to check the advice you gave to the poster. Smh

1 Like

Re: Please Help, I Have 20,000 by OLAMIMO12(m): 5:44pm On Jun 06, 2015
omo17:

With people like you, i doubt if this country can ever move forward. An sure you are older dan this poster and am very u people still depends on ur parents. just sit down and think and come back to check the advice you gave to the poster. Smh
Laaaaaaaffffff...... ;DAre u a practical farmer? am afraid, you are not. This guy is a 200 level student in a university. To start farming with 20k, it means the tedious labour works will shift onto you. As a university student, dont you see that kind of endeavour as detrimental to his study?. Moreso, if you are a responsible farther, and you sent a child to school, will you be happy seeing your child to come back home with "pass" ? Next time, mind your language. this is not PHONE section. tnx
Re: Please Help, I Have 20,000 by omo17(m): 7:38pm On Jun 06, 2015
OLAMIMO12:

Laaaaaaaffffff...... ;DAre u a practical farmer? am afraid, you are not. This guy is a 200 level student in a university. To start farming with 20k, it means the tedious labour works will shift onto you. As a university student, dont you see that kind of endeavour as detrimental to his study?. Moreso, if you are a responsible farther, and you sent a child to school, will you be happy seeing your child to come back home with "pass" ? Next time, mind your language. this is not PHONE section. tnx
I won't drag words with, d guy said he like to invest in agriculture nd seeking biz ideas, must you b a practical farmers b4 u can invest into agricultural or most u devote all ur time nd effort, am sure u knw notin about agric biz, tank God d guy said he has no problem combining both.
Re: Please Help, I Have 20,000 by teebabsman(m): 11:34pm On Jun 06, 2015
Thanks everybody. I'm now in 300 level and the stated amount has been doubled. I'll never give up on this..........
Re: Please Help, I Have 20,000 by Cooleasy(m): 6:15am On Jun 07, 2015
teebabsman:
Thanks everybody. I'm now in 300 level and the stated amount has been doubled.
I'll never give up on this..........
There is an idea I have which I've not been able to implement because I don't yet have the money. I have the land, the manpower and the facility but just as I said earlier, not the money. But I want to give this idea to you and let's see if it can work for you. Between now and December, you can make good money (as in, big money) from turkey farming. You can buy fairly young turkeys right now at #1,800 each (or even lower) and by December, sell them during the festivities at between 10k and 14k each, depending on how well you rear them. They are not very demanding and many breeds can also forage on their own. Their supplements/medicines are also cheap. If I have your kind of money, I will simply populate my presently idle agric facility with turkeys and start business.
(Note: there are different breeds of turkeys. So, be careful to choose the breed that suit your needs and convenience. All I said above is based on the particular breed that I am personally interested in. All I know is that this breed [whose name I can't recall] is quite common in the South West of Nigeria)
Good luck.
Re: Please Help, I Have 20,000 by teebabsman(m): 7:38am On Jun 07, 2015
Cooleasy:

There is an idea I have which I've not been able to implement because I don't yet have the money. I have the land, the manpower and the facility but just as I said earlier, not the money. But I want to give this idea to you and let's see if it can work for you. Between now and December, you can make good money (as in, big money) from turkey farming. You can buy fairly young turkeys right now at #1,800 each (or even lower) and by December, sell them during the festivities at between 10k and 14k each, depending on how well you rear them. They are not very demanding and many breeds can also forage on their own. Their supplements/medicines are also cheap. If I have your kind of money, I will simply populate my presently idle agric facility with turkeys and start business.
(Note: there are different breeds of turkeys. So, be careful to choose the breed that suit your needs and convenience. All I said above is based on the particular breed that I am personally interested in. All I know is that this breed [whose name I can't recall] is quite common in the South West of Nigeria)
Good luck.
Thanks for your contribution, I'll do more findings on that.
Re: Please Help, I Have 20,000 by OLAMIMO12(m): 8:06am On Jun 07, 2015
omo17:

I won't drag words with, d guy said he like to invest in agriculture nd seeking biz ideas, must you b a practical farmers b4 u can invest into agricultural or most u devote all ur time nd effort, am sure u knw notin about agric biz, tank God d guy said he has no problem combining both.
Really I know nothing about agric biz....... grin
Re: Please Help, I Have 20,000 by omo17(m): 12:39pm On Jun 07, 2015
OLAMIMO12:

Really I know nothing about agric biz....... grin
Den prove urself nd stop discouraging pple. Sign out
Peace

(1) (Reply)

Frozen And Fresh Automatic Chicken Cutting Machine / Foodstuff Price Update By Aized Food Resource Enterprise. / If You Need Funding For Trading In Agric Bulk Commodities- Check This Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.