Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,372 members, 7,819,337 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Pics Of A Small Scale fish farm with a budget of #7,000 Naira And #20,000 Naira - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Pics Of A Small Scale fish farm with a budget of #7,000 Naira And #20,000 Naira (6761 Views)

How To Setup & Establish Your Own Cashew Farm(With Pictures) / 100 Broilers And 20 Foreign Turkeys In My Backyard / N-Power Beneficiary Starts Sugar Cane Farm With N-Power Stipend (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pics Of A Small Scale fish farm with a budget of #7,000 Naira And #20,000 Naira by Ade3000yrs(m): 3:04pm On May 23, 2017
A Small scale fish farm budget Of between #7,000 Naira And #20,000 Naira.

If the start up capital for a fish farm is a challenge, you can as well use as many tanks as such as these for a start but put your stocking in good proportion to the space available and be sure to cover the top at night possible with strong nets or plywood with stones or planks on top because fishes are most active in the cool of the night and for you not to end up seeing your fishes litter the floor dead the next day.

Dont forget to have a tap below the drums to change the water regularly for replacement with fresh ones. You can have as many of this 200 litre drums in your compound for your mini catfish farm business as each one is sold between #4,000 to #7,000 naira as it varies from place to place and states to state. Each of this drums can take 1000 fingerlings or 500 juveniles but be to have a net in the mouth of your drain bucket or at the mouth of the tap to prevent your fingerlings from escaping away from the mouth of the tap. As they grow older, you must create a space for them by reducing their population as each can't accommodate more than 25 fishes of 1kg or 2kg fish per 200 litre drum. This should strictly be adhered so as to avoid suffocation and to avoid low oxygen supply.

Manual aerator can be supplied by suspending pipes and hose pipes as in the type used in the fuelling of your Gen set or flowering sprinklers or car wash hose for enough air stones in the water. I have effortlessly raised 500 fishes to 4kg each in the space of 5 months from this same tanks before and its not a magic nor rocket science. A lot of expository things I can't disclose here for a lot of formal and professional reasons. Its nothing new to raise catfish to the size of 4kg to 15kg.

Use your antibiotics and deworming drugs regularly and at intervals. Be careful when you administer sulphuric or sulphate drugs as it can become poisonous to fish making them easily stressed out. Change your water regularly and feed your fish well. Administer vitamin C especially on inception.

I have 8 question for all practising fish farmers and intending fish farmers these few questions

1. Why are juveniles fish more preferred to pre shooters fingerlings instead of the later??
Why is it a fast trending norm for fish farmers to prefer to go for juvenile instead of fingerlings and who says juveniles are better and safer

2. What is the difference between green fish eggs and golden brown eggs used for hatching?? Which is better for hatching

3. Why do some fish remain stunted after 4 to 6 months despite all the due feed and drugs and antibiotics administered and water changed regularly and yet your fish don't manage to attain 1kg despite all the efforts and resources expended

4. How many fish farmers knows about spawning and hatching and how to hatch their own fish and make sales from selling fingerlings and juveniles

5. How many university agric graduates and department of fishery are practicing agric and have a genuine clue of how to start a fish farm and how to successfully manage a business section in fishery and how to hatch a fish when due

6. What's the stocking capacity per pond and depending on the water volume and capacity??

7. How can you raise your fish to 2kg in 3 month?

8. How many fish farmers have inventive knowledge of how to market their products and yet make convincing and satisfactory profit from it

I expect that a good fish farmer must be able to answer my 1st 3 or 1st 4 questions.

For more expository, comprehensive and illustrative videos on how to cut feed cost to near zero and revealing videos about fish farm, fish hatchery or spawning and brand of drugs to use on fish farm, then feel free to call Zion Joe Ventures, Suite 9 Olutoye Shopping complex, Oppo Royal Spring Hotel, Oshogbo, Osun State.

Who says you can't start fish farm on a small scale
I want to see people try out their hands on something in the midst of biting recession and yet succeed as you may not need up to #20,000 naira or #50,000 naira to start something modest.

Written By Adewale L.K www.winterbaker.com

Re: Pics Of A Small Scale fish farm with a budget of #7,000 Naira And #20,000 Naira by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 23, 2017
Thanks for the informative writeup op. The problem is not starting the catfish farming, we tried it in our family before, bought the fingerlings, reared them, but we didnt know who to sell it to or who/where our market was so we ended up eating almost everything, and the rest died when our landlord decided to put chlorine in the tank. I think he was jealous. My question it how do i get my catfish, raw or smoked to the consumer.
Re: Pics Of A Small Scale fish farm with a budget of #7,000 Naira And #20,000 Naira by Nobody: 7:41pm On May 23, 2017
Thanks for the informative writeup op. The problem is not starting the catfish farming, we tried it in our family before, bought the fingerlings, reared them, but we didnt know who to sell it to or who/where our market was so we ended up eating almost everything, and the rest died when our landlord decided to put chlorine in the tank. I think he was jealous. My question it how do i get my catfish, raw or smoked to the consumer.
Ade3000yrs:
Starting A Fish farm With A budget of #7,000 Naira or less than #20,000 Naira.

If the start up capital for a fish farm is a challenge, you can as well use as many tanks as such as these for a start but put your stocking in good proportion to the space available and be sure to cover the top at night possible with strong nets or plywood with stones or planks on top because fishes are most active in the cool of the night and for you not to end up seeing your fishes litter the floor dead the next day.

Dont forget to have a tap below the drums to change the water regularly for replacement with fresh ones. You can have as many of this 200 litre drums in your compound for your mini catfish farm business as each one is sold between #4,000 to #7,000 naira as it varies from place to place and states to state. Each of this drums can take 1000 fingerlings or 500 juveniles but be to have a net in the mouth of your drain bucket or at the mouth of the tap to prevent your fingerlings from escaping away from the mouth of the tap. As they grow older, you must create a space for them by reducing their population as each can't accommodate more than 25 fishes of 1kg or 2kg fish per 200 litre drum. This should strictly be adhered so as to avoid suffocation and to avoid low oxygen supply.

Manual aerator can be supplied by suspending pipes and hose pipes as in the type used in the fuelling of your Gen set or flowering sprinklers or car wash hose for enough air stones in the water. I have effortlessly raised 500 fishes to 4kg each in the space of 5 months from this same tanks before and its not a magic nor rocket science. A lot of expository things I can't disclose here for a lot of formal and professional reasons. Its nothing new to raise catfish to the size of 4kg to 15kg.

Use your antibiotics and deworming drugs regularly but at intervals. Change your water regularly and feed your fish well. Administer vitamin C especially on inception. For more expository, comprehensive and illustrative videos on how to cut feed cost to near zero and illustrative and revealing videos about fish farm, fish hatchery or spawning and chemicals and brand of drugs to use on fish farm, then feel free to call me or Watsapp me on
09099176956, 08141208884.

Who says you can't start fish farm on a small scale
I want to see people try out their hands on something in the midst of biting recession and yet succeed as you may not need up to #20,000 naira or #50,000 naira to succeed and have reasons to smile and give testimony. by Adewale Oladipupo
Re: Pics Of A Small Scale fish farm with a budget of #7,000 Naira And #20,000 Naira by victormogg: 9:16am On May 24, 2017
thanks for the info
Re: Pics Of A Small Scale fish farm with a budget of #7,000 Naira And #20,000 Naira by dannycom(m): 9:34am On Mar 19, 2019
We have over 7000 pieces of juveniles in ibafo.call KAYKAY farms on 08093465436,07056851327

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of My 1month Old Broilers / Stone Free, Highly Nutritious, Fonio Rice (acha) For Sale / 4in 1 Automated ( Kerosene ) Egg Incubator For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.