Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,425 members, 7,822,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) (32413 Views)

We Fought Corruption Without Making Noise – jonathan / Reuben Abati Reveals Biggest Wars Jonathan Fought In Power / Jonathan Fought Corruption In More Civilized Way Than Buhari - Falana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Sibrah: 3:05pm On Jan 14, 2015
PointB:
That's how to fight corruption in 21st century - remove the incentives and plug the loopholes!
How has the loophole of stealing been removed in the case of in oil and gas (subsidy inclusive)? People are always going to find a way to steal, punishment is the only sure way to fend theives off and it is a pity Jonathan has decided to punish the Nigerian people by partially removing the subsidy while leaving the subsidy theives to roam free and acquire more power for new round off assault on the peoples' commonwealth.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Dahkogrin007(m): 3:06pm On Jan 14, 2015
Eziachi:
Sycophants, how did he managed to solve the problems of ghost workers when he lives with one (his wife)?
Lived 365 permanent days in Abuja and gaining promotion/ permanent Secretary in Bayelsa. What is ghost working again.
God bless you n ur comment

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by nonny001(m): 3:07pm On Jan 14, 2015
diluminati:

Please take your rumblings to the bird. What would you expect from a government that has been lieing to us on a constant basis? even lies every acknowledge are lies? propaganda by okupe, reno, abati etc? PDP rats are very good and crafty liars.

So when you hear the truth, how will you know? I believe that power (A.K.A NEPA light) his improved in your house. Or may be you've not seen the roads and the railway lines...

WAKE UP BROTHER!

4 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by olafunny(m): 3:07pm On Jan 14, 2015
Honestly, i dont like talking abt politics cuz it's crap. But to say the fact jonathan might mean well 4 nigeria, bt he s in d middle of people who care abt thier pockets. And since he has no say, he has to embrace dem nd put nigeria in zero account. Jonathan cant do anything good to nigerians if he is under pdp. APC is a good party 4 nigeria. I dnt care if its buhari or fashola. Blindfold me nd my thumb wil knw whr d apc logo is. As students, we need change. Nd datz wat apc has brought.

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by nduchucks: 3:07pm On Jan 14, 2015
@OP, I'm with you, credit should be given when due.

But come o, how did the Otuoke bound President fight the corruption of the missing $20 -$50billion? How did he fight it by releasing the audit report, which probably exposed him and his cohorts as co conspirators and looters? Clowns!!
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Flets: 3:11pm On Jan 14, 2015
Online APC numbheads will lock their ears with their hands on seeing this while shouting kai buhari

6 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Azo(m): 3:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
nonny001:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027617_babajonahoncorruption_jpegc11385a73a5c9e04144770b803b5092e

Article Source: http://exploreanthonyobuegbe..com/2015/01/7-little-known-ways-president-jonathan.html

I marvel at ur idiocy. Quoting blogs for me as sources. You can never succeed in a grduate school if you attempt one. Of all the things u claimed were achieved by GEJ, they were at what expense? Spending $1m on project of $50k?

Like the idiot saying roads have been built, i am sure you think you are in Ghana else tou must be sleep walking.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by lacasa: 3:12pm On Jan 14, 2015
these r. Achievements on paper and NTA

Check the facts on ground;

Elections - do u mean to tell me that deploying 90,000 armed personnel and militants iin face masks added with abduction and detention of APC party men during the Ekiti and Osun polls is called free and fair

Agriculture - u say revolutionized farming wt phones? And I ask u, how many no of local farmers actually seen dat phone, know hoow to operate it? Where is d access to loans? How many of our agro-allied raw materials have been tapped? Are the industries now working? How close is Nigeria to food sufficiency and what percentage of our budget is reliant on food imports

EFCC - are u kidding me U think say na yahoo yahoo or na atm fraud Nigerians want to be given priority How many high profile cases and amnesty has GEJ made?

Infact, the reality is Nigeria is no better than it was in 2010... If I were to say, it is WORSE!

#GEJOUT angry

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by honeric01(m): 3:13pm On Jan 14, 2015
And where are the "BLOCKED monies"? they grew legs and disappeared!

Are they in our reserve? no!

So where are the so called "recovered loot"? another bigger thief stole them.

Vicious circle!
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Franchise21(m): 3:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by HugeMac: 3:16pm On Jan 14, 2015
ganye1:
The so-called achievements in agriculture is the biggest lie because I have not a single farmer given the so-called e-wallet enabled phone despite spending tens of billions of Naira on the program. I witnessed the fertilizer distribution in my area last year. The farmers were notified of their allocation of two bags of fertilizer each through their phones. At the collection centres they paid for the fertilizer allocated to them and collected their fertilizer. I repeat nobody gave the farmers any e-wallet enabled phone and the allocation is too small to make any meaningful impact.
but naira is falling and price of most food commodities remain constant , You are not articulate my friend ,and I don't expect you to be

5 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
nonny001:

So when you hear the truth, how will you know? I believe that power (A.K.A NEPA light) his improved in your house. Or may be you've not seen the roads and the railway lines...

WAKE UP BROTHER!
i dont live in that shithole called nigeria. it is a shame to my resident country to say power is improving and it sometimes goes off. what a shame, giant of africa my .....
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Trailblazer1(m): 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
The opposition is programmed to oppose the government of the day.

Even if na Obama, APC will still call him a failure.

Imagine sacking Mourinho to employ Wenger

6 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by aby1976(m): 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
nonny001:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2027617_babajonahoncorruption_jpegc11385a73a5c9e04144770b803b5092e

Article Source: http://exploreanthonyobuegbe..com/2015/01/7-little-known-ways-president-jonathan.html

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Eziachi: 1:23pm
Sycophants, how did he managed to solve the problems of ghost workers when he lives with one (his wife)?
Lived 365 permanent days in Abuja and gaining promotion/ permanent Secretary in Bayelsa. What is ghost working again.

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by IAMTHEHERO: 3:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
olassy239:
nothing on increasing our megawatt
The privatization is a major step to be taken when tackling the power sector,after investing their billions the companies must make it work because they have to re-cup their money.
....and Jonathan has done that.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jan 14, 2015
Olashile4real:
I wonder if d 17000km federal road claimed in this clueless article is constructed/rehabilitated in Cotonou or Ghana but here in Nigeria I live...Mcheeeeeeew

were and were have you traveled to lately .

show us pics

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by raphealolami(m): 3:21pm On Jan 14, 2015
So how many corrupt people do we have in prison now? No lesson learnt. What is the FFK still doing, Farouk Lawan, pension fraudsters, alamesia, etc. Abeg we need the cabals to be jailed bring corrupt people out and jail them thats all. Dont pamper and encourage corruption.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by nonny001(m): 3:21pm On Jan 14, 2015
olassy239:
nothing on increasing our megawatt

Really? But power (A.K.A NEPA Light) has improved in your area? So how did it improve without increase in Nigeria's MegaWatts?
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Matthewbriggs(m): 3:21pm On Jan 14, 2015
Goodluck Ebele Jonathan may not be perfect. But he is the best thing that has ever happened to Nigeria. Call me anywhere I can defend it.

I would chose a man whose approach to solving corruption is centred on building systems checks and balances that makes it harder for corruption to take place.

Than a man who thinks jailing corrupt people is the most efficient way of solving corruption.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Akanbiedu(m): 3:22pm On Jan 14, 2015

3. 60,000 “GHOST” Workers Exposed

Between 2007 – 2010, the federal government built a new system for paying salaries, the IPPIS system.

5. Stealing Money Through Government Contract Is Now Harder Than Ever

In 2007, the federal government made a law that made it difficult for government contractors to steal money. It is called the public procurement act.

Shameless human beings always claiming credit for other peoples' effort. These two, amongst others, is a result of Yar'adua's systematic approach to fighting corruption. In fact, the system approach is solely Yar'aduas idea.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
Nigerians prefer the Buhari style. They want to see people in prison, forgetting that their parents and uncles might also go to jail.

5 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
Has Jonathan got the modern technology that prevents people from stealing? Will it be planted in Nigerians?
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Dez80(m): 3:22pm On Jan 14, 2015
Eziachi:

i tire for this country oo
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by hotwax: 3:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
[size=28pt]So where did our 65billion dollar foreign reserve go?

Useless propaganga. Ishiri titu
[/size]
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by marvelyole(m): 3:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
Nice 1 Presido,u ve done well.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
Buhari is saying he will jail corrupt people, while forgetting that everybody surrounding him is corrupt, From Tinubu tio Amaechi

7 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Jabioro: 3:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
If u like burn all dis papee to ashes, put it in my pap wt akara i wud take yet l won't change my heart for Jona.I blindedly voted for him 2011....pls!pls!!pls!!! Let me close my eye and thumbprint FeBuri...8years is enough,no apprendship vacancy in AsoRock.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Zulele: 3:24pm On Jan 14, 2015
If u have broom anywhere in your house, then you are APC supporter
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by asiwajumi(m): 3:26pm On Jan 14, 2015
APC has been consistent in saying that
the PDP has ruled Nigeria for 16 disastrous years in which
corruption, impunity, insurgency, armed robbery and several
ills of society held sway. But a very close look at the APC, I
am seeing Amaechi - 8yrs speaker; 7yrs governor under PDP,
Atiku - 8yrs Vice president under PDP, Akume -8yrs governor
under PDP, Bukola Saraki - 8yrs governor; 2yrs Senator under
PDP, Timipre Sylver -4yrs governor under PDP, Audu Ogbe -
2yrs chairman of PDP, Aminu Masari - 4yrs Reps speaker
under PDP, Chris Ngige - 3yrs governor under PDP,
Kwankwaso - 7yrs governor, 3yrs Defense minister under
PDP, El-Rufai - 4yrs FCT minister, 2yrs BPE chairman under
PDP, Oyinlola, 7 and half years governor under PDP, Segun
Oni, 3 and half years governor under PDP, and to cap it all
they went to OBJ begging, a man who they claimed spent 8 of
the disastrous 16 yrs as the maximum ruler of Nigeria to
come and lead them on a rescue mission. It is now clearer
that APC is a waste basket of the PDP, where the people who
created and perpetuated the "16 Disastrous years" are now
dumped.

6 Likes

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by aorta(m): 3:26pm On Jan 14, 2015
Nctrice:
OP well said! You have time sha! All of this you have outlined are meant for the blind that can't tell the different between black and White! Buhari is old and he would do good by only taking us back to the bad old days!
Sycophants, how did he managed to solve the
problems of ghost workers when he lives with one
(his wife)?
Lived 365 permanent days in Abuja and gaining
promotion/ permanent Secretary in Bayelsa. What is
ghost working again.
Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Blackfire(m): 3:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
@op u ve done well.. apc over to u

1 Like

Re: 7 Impressive Ways President Jonathan Fought Corruption (No. 3 May WOW You) by Appswheel(m): 3:30pm On Jan 14, 2015
Collynzo9:
We know how NEPA and the Police used to rank as the top 2 most corrupt institutions in Nigeria. Deregulating and privatising the electricity distribution sector went a long way in reducing the level of corruption in Nigeria.
Ironically, privatising NEPA was something Obasanjo (who some people worship) made to look like rocket science.
GEJ didn't just do it, he paid every staff of NEPA from top to bottom their entitlements in full, many of them were still re-absorbed by the new companies even after getting huge pay offs.
Tell me why those guys will not vote for GEJ.
CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA: Police, PHCN, Customs top corruption list
www.nigerianmuse.com/20070614043327zg/sections/important-documents/corruption-in-nigeria-police-phcn-customs-top-corruption-list-research/
Chairman no come here they lie, talk wetin you no sabi. I know a number of PHCN workers who have been laid off and not yet paid their entitlement. Are you saying that the police is no longer corrupt?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osita Chidoka Controlling Traffic On Obosi Road / Ooni Visits Buhari, Says We Don't Want War In South-west / Desmond Elliot Learning The Malowa/Palliative Dance (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.