Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,342 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:45 AM

Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike (4656 Views)

FUEL SCARCITY: Oil Tankers Begin Loading Of Petrol / Osinbajo Takes Over, As Buhari Begins 6-day Vacation / Nigeria Begins Use Of Cement For Road Construction Against Asphalt. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by lawyer(m): 12:53am On Dec 19, 2008
I bought fuel today around 4.30pm and everything was normal and moving smoothly, 30 minutes later, all the fuel stations from Ikeja down to ketu have been shut down because of the news that oil tankers are on strike and it has caused the greatest commotion for comuters and Nigerians this festive period.

Almost all the filing stations were shut down and the ones that decided to sell were having a field day hiking the price of fuel from N70 per litre to N150 per liter. The Queues have quadrupled and the touts are having a filled day just this night ripping off customers and harrassing motorists, not to talk of the mega go-slows near fuel staions that are still selling till the wee hours of the night.

The real wahala will start tomorrow when Nigerians wake up tomorrow with the news that the fuel stations have been closed and the scarcity has begun. People would forgo going to work to line up in the queues for 6 hours just to get 20 litres (Thats even if they see sef!), People traveling for the holidays will either be stranded or forced pay heavy ticket fares and businesses will be halted, not to talk of the various entertainment fiestas planned that will lead to bankrupcy for some entertainment companies.

It was a pitiful sight seeing hoards of commuters trekking and people carrying 4 litre kegs jumping from fuel station to fuel station looking for fuel cry

This Naija has serious problems that defile logic atimes.

What is the grouse of the tanker drivers? They want goernment to repair the roads because their tanks are frequently involved in road accidents due to the bad roads. How would government repair all the roads this christmas season?

Both the government and the tanker drivers are extremely insensitive to the plight of Nigerians. As for me, No work for me till i can fill my tank!
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by Kobojunkie: 12:54am On Dec 19, 2008
ukpabi ooO!!! lol
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by showbobo(m): 1:16am On Dec 19, 2008
Are you kidding me?. . . . . I can't wait till daybreak.My tank is almost empty embarassed embarassed
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by samsanyus(m): 1:22am On Dec 19, 2008
This is not fair for this yuletide season, the tanker driver should call off immediately and solve their plight on a round table with govt. As Nigerian, we all have grieviances, but we need to be fair in our judgement not to bring about chaotic situation in the country. This is SABOTAGE of the highest order. For Christ's sake let this season go in peace. This is doing the right thing at the wrong time. Merry Christmas
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by PiMpjUiCe1: 1:56am On Dec 19, 2008
wtf? its just 5days 2xmas! chei, which kind country b dis? y now? friday of all days!
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by Kobojunkie: 2:01am On Dec 19, 2008
Why should you all get a break? So what if it is friday? We are going to get hit by a winter storm tommorow. Possibly no one going anywhere tommorow, and maybe the weekedn. So, it follows that the same will happen in Nigeria. It could be the Tanker drivers knew of this and decided to stage their own storm. ROFLMAO!!!
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by femzy(m): 2:42am On Dec 19, 2008
nawa ooooooo shocked shocked
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by Chidoski(m): 6:08am On Dec 19, 2008
God will certainly help us.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by cvibe: 6:11am On Dec 19, 2008
Will things ever change?

Gear up guys, as this might be a long one.  Oil tankers/ NUPENG/ Marketers,  etc.  all planning strikes for various reasons.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by Chidoski(m): 6:16am On Dec 19, 2008
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by Charlesmud(m): 6:26am On Dec 19, 2008
My borthers its a great country, sebi na this country people dey talk make Nigerians come back to, se dem even better pass some people for abroad, cleaner for abroad wey get house,get job,get car,get bank account,dey support him family for naija, But even the 7th oil exporter no even get constant oil for him citizens

Yeye country
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by Emperoh(m): 7:52am On Dec 19, 2008
Lawyer
Its a situation that best describes this country
Reading in the papers today, Tanker drivers says its only in Lagos thats such situation will obtain
but you and i can bet that i will spread

A country so much blessed yet we live in difficulty. Any sneez from the NUPENG and their cohorts send cold to everyone
We know how much dependence we have on fuel. When Indepenent marketers are complaining about non payment of subsidy by government
we are faced with the menace of Tanker drivers

but who will blame them. if you have had a brush with LASTMA, you will realise what they go thru
They have become god unto themselves and woe betide you they tow your car. i wonder if they ever generate any revenue for the Lagos state govt.
With the way they collect bribes.
The Tanker drivers themselves are not innocent all thru.

Na only God go see im people thru this kind country

IT SHALL BE WELL WITH NIGERIA
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 19, 2008
this morning was a nightmare - queues at six filling stations along my way to work . Damn tanker drivers. assholes who keep holding the lagosians to ransom angry

now i have to figure out how to stock up on petrol, since PHCN are also 'on strike'
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by infiniti(f): 8:27am On Dec 19, 2008
they did the same thing last year too.
this is really very bad. messing up ones holiday,
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by benyboy(m): 8:42am On Dec 19, 2008
wot kind of useless country is this?we neva seem to learn.who r they punishing now,the govt?
i tot it was a joke wen i 1st heard it.honestly if i mistakenly leave this country,I AM NEVER COMING BACK!!!
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by Ifeniyi22(m): 8:50am On Dec 19, 2008
Not fair.The tanker drivers might have good reasons but the timing is all messed up. why wait till 6 days to Xmas.WE need fuel with PHCN ( power holding what a name!!) not providing power at all.I just can't queue up for hours for time around.The thought alone is horrifying.GOD help us.We need you.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by aus123(m): 8:53am On Dec 19, 2008
When re we going to get over this Naija! Why this season, when most Naijas are travelling, This our country really need prayers. I cant even drivve to office this morg,
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by izeek(m): 8:56am On Dec 19, 2008
i heard some1 say that the proposed scarcity is planned for lagosians alone?
then am asking, why lagos? is it the capital city of nigeria?
why not shift this issue to the power seaT WHERE ur demands can be felt quickly?

and for christ sakes, y dem no do am b4 sallah/
so its when the christian festival has finally come then u hit one with such hardship.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by FBS: 8:56am On Dec 19, 2008
NIGERIA OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

The country is not useless, its the leaders. We allow the so called leaders to do anything they want.

When the going gets tough, you gast to go tough going, (does that really make sense  grin)

It is time we take to the streets in max protects. Revolution is crying!!!
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by DIronlady1(f): 8:57am On Dec 19, 2008
yes oh it is really apalling  shocked to wake up to fuel scarcity this money we are still talking of PHCN now fuel. i wonder what this Xmas would look like so sad cry cry cry
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by iceland(m): 9:09am On Dec 19, 2008
infiniti:

they did the same thing last year too.
this is really very bad. messing up ones holiday,
That is what we get when it's bunch of illiterates that handle the section of distributing fuel.Every graduate wants to work in either in the bank or oil company.Until we see more  us in that section,stupid act like these will not cease!
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by smooooooth: 9:21am On Dec 19, 2008
the tanker drivers are fond of holding pple to ransom, cos they

know how important they are. they do this frequently and its annoying

but their demand is sensitive, if we have to suffer a little to get the roads

fixed,me i support. cos apart from their tankers always falling, ow bout

small cars that have to change shocks all the time, shafts dey break, even

the heavy traffic is caused by most of this bad roads. abeg make them fix them.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by ucheris9: 9:25am On Dec 19, 2008
and for Christ sakes, y them no do am before sallah/
so its when the Christian festival has finally come then u hit one with such hardship.

One Nigeria, who say so? we are no, at all see what our fellow Nigerian are doing to their so called brothers & sisters.
When will we go over this? every end of the year some Wicked evil group will gang up to undo the effort of human. But God will surely wage war against them. As many that takes pleasure see Nigerian pass true Hardship in the land full with milk and honey will face God's judgement soon! very soon
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by 9ijaprince(m): 9:28am On Dec 19, 2008
somebody is simply enjoying from this calamity
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by yemmight(m): 9:29am On Dec 19, 2008
izeek:

i heard someone say that the proposed scarcity is planned for lagosians alone?
then am asking, why lagos? is it the capital city of nigeria?
why not shift this issue to the power seaT WHERE ur demands can be felt quickly?

and for christ sakes, y them no do am before sallah/
so its when the christian festival has finally come then u hit one with such hardship.

Anything that afferct Lagos affect neighbouring states.   They lift fuel from the same deports in Lagos.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by hollandis(f): 9:39am On Dec 19, 2008
9ijaprince:

somebody is simply enjoying from this calamity

Point of correction many people are basking in the euphoria of the proceeds of the fuel scarcity
Let me give the roll call
(1) The oil companies is making profit e.g chevron
(2) The oil service companies are making a hell of profit e.g oando
(3) The marketers are making profit
(4) the Grand master themselves.NNPC is making profit
(5) And the commander in chief"the government " are making a hell of profits.

Amidst the purported subsidy,nigerians are paying for being in Nigeria and for being Nigerians[i](sic)[/i]
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by fender(m): 9:45am On Dec 19, 2008
what an xmas gift indeed.'dem say e go beta e worse pass as e bad' i had to trek to work this morning. lol
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by FBS: 10:02am On Dec 19, 2008
fender:

what an xmas gift indeed.'them say e go beta e worse pass as e bad' i had to trek to work this morning. lol
I feel you man.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by otukpo(f): 10:07am On Dec 19, 2008
This is SABOTAGE
The tanker divers/NUPENG are enemies of the masses. they are always waiting for Christmas season to go on strike for one thing or the other so that they can make multiple gains for themselves. who are they suffering, their fellow masses, not the govt. THose in govt will always get their supply of fuel free.

NUPENG/tanker drivers, this is very very unfair. They are enjoying the black market sales co people must definitely buy fuel for this season. so we should always be expecting strike from NUPENG every Christmas. TOO BAD.

NA NUPENG DEY DO US OOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by congoshine(m): 10:12am On Dec 19, 2008
[center]NAIJAaaaaaaaa !!! cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry [/center]
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by angelina08(f): 10:13am On Dec 19, 2008
How can this happen just 5 days to Christmax, almost all the filing stations were shut down and the ones that decided to sell were having a field day hiking the price of fuel from N70 per litre to N150 per liter. The Queues have quadrupled and the touts are having a filled day just this night ripping off customers and harrassing motorists, not to talk of the mega go-slows near fuel staions that are still selling till the wee hours of the night.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Nigeria Begins 6 Days To Christmas! Oil Tankers Are On Strike by kufreabasi(m): 10:15am On Dec 19, 2008
when will this country ever remain in a favourable condition for the masses to make ends meet?
from one bad situation to another making life so miserable to peoples.
must we continue like this so that grace may abound?
Molue and danfo drivers now capitalised on this  to punish passenger,
A man once said this '' that anytime American president wake up in the morning, he will say, God bless this country''
that is why America remain blessed and we are getting visa to go there and corrupt them,
but A Nigerian president will wake up and say, ''Nigeria, na wah ooo,. Is this a prayer or what?
What and where is our leaders leading us to?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bravery! As Man Over Powers Kidnappers / PHOTOS: Meet Chimamanda Adichie's Handsome Brother / Eight Great Events That Led To The Nigerian Civil War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.