Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

Why Dosent India Participate In International Soccer Competitions? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Dosent India Participate In International Soccer Competitions? (1064 Views)

400 Schools Set To Participate In 2017 Gtbank Lagos Principals Cup / 3 Nigerian Women To Participate At The Winter Olympics For First Time Ever / Nigerian Team Departs To Participate In Special Olympic Games (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Dosent India Participate In International Soccer Competitions? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 14, 2015
I've been asking myself this for a long time now,, tried googling it, buh the explanation they gave wasn't straight.. Of course I don't believe that story of India using black magic and being banned, and that they beat us 99-1...

Where they banned by FIFA, and if so, for what reason?
Re: Why Dosent India Participate In International Soccer Competitions? by shawnfamous(m): 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
Y does nigeria nt partake in international rugby? Abegi!
Re: Why Dosent India Participate In International Soccer Competitions? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 14, 2015
YNeme3E:
I've been asking myself this for a long time now,, tried googling it, buh the explanation they gave wasn't straight.. Of course I don't believe that story of India using black magic and being banned, and that they beat us 99-1...

Where they banned by FIFA, and if so, for what reason?
But they can't participate in all sports competition na. Football is not popular in India just like cricket is not popular in Nigeria and I'm not sure Nigeria participates in any cricket competition sef but Indians are dominant in that sport like tomorrow no dey
Re: Why Dosent India Participate In International Soccer Competitions? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2015
Ichiato:

But they can't participate in all sports competition na. Football is not popular in India just like cricket is not popular in Nigeria and I'm not sure Nigeria participates in any cricket competition sef but Indians are dominant in that sport like tomorrow no dey
no bro, Soccer is now a very popular game in india now o, India has its own league,, Indian Super League..
Re: Why Dosent India Participate In International Soccer Competitions? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 14, 2015
YNeme3E:
no bro, Soccer is now a very popular game in india now o, India has its own league,, Indian Super League..
I'm also sure Nigeria has a cricket league of some sort but that does not make it popular. How competitive is it? How many Indians watch football? In fact how many Indians are playing in the league? I'm sure if football is anything close to been popular then one of the most populous country in the world (India) should be able to produce a 23 man squad for football tournaments every year and not the scanty appearance they have in Asian football tournaments talk less of FIFA
Re: Why Dosent India Participate In International Soccer Competitions? by Badosqi(m): 11:03pm On Jan 14, 2015
Ichiato:

I'm also sure Nigeria has a cricket league of some sort but that does not make it popular. How competitive is it? How many Indians watch football? In fact how many Indians are playing in the league? I'm sure if football is anything close to been popular then one of the most populous country in the world (India) should be able to produce a 23 man squad for football tournaments every year and not the scanty appearance they have in Asian football tournaments talk less of FIFA
you are very correct, football is not that popular in india just like rugby and cricket are not popular in nigeria. True they have a football league that they are just developing but it will take lots of time before they start developing players dat can compete in competition, atleast asian cup for a start.
They have their own main sport wich is cricket and u can't force football on them just like u can't make soccer main sport of americans... They have their american football and basketball

(1) (Reply)

Jose Mourinho - My Ramires Is Back!!!!!!! Sad News For Mikel / HBD Super Eagles Captain Ahmed Musa / Did You See This Arsenal Fan In The Stadium After Messi's Penalty?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.