Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless (4843 Views)

Ethnicity Difference: Should I Stay Or Just Move On Already?? / Are You Burnt Out With No Where To Turn To Or Just Simply Depressed? / My Sister Is Making Her Success A Curse To Our Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by mumumugu(m): 5:45pm On Jan 14, 2015
ife could be a gift to others and could be a curse to some.

everyone's had different experiences.
There are people who don't want to live because they've been persecuted against or raped, for example.to such people,life is curse.

And there are people who enjoy every day because theire parents are billionaires who buy them whatever they want.
To them,life is a blessing.

To me, life is pointless
Why is reality pointless?
It just happened to happen and there's no end meaning to it, nothing of benefit, or anything.

because everything we do is a waste of time, all we can do are meaningless and pointless things,

Living a meaningless life is a waste of time. Doing anything is a waste of time. messed up. . There is no solution to solving this pointlessnes

life was indeed pointless.
, People tried to explain the universe, tried to make themselves believe that when they died they would continue to exist and have a purpose and be happy... also people tried to keep others inline.
Well, all of these factors led to many delusional members of humanity. As technology and thinking progresses, there are less and less religious people and more and more people who come to think in the original terms that life is pointless. Most people don't find life as a curse. . The mere act of living is illogical to me -

1 Like

Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jan 14, 2015
Are you sure you're not depressed cos everything you wrote looks like you're having suicidal thoughts?

Bro, just learn not to take life seriously, and enjoy it to the fullest. The status quo and people are the ones who made life much more complicated than it's. Life should be just about existence and being fulfilled. Just do whatever puts smile on ya face at ya own pace and, don't what worry about people and standards. Enjoying life to the fullest should be ya motto.

Anyway, if you think you're depressed, it's better you seek medical help before it becomes acute. Don't hurt yourself, bro. Shiit happens, hence life is called: a biitch.

3 Likes

Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 14, 2015
mumumugu:

Well, I think that you tend to think in black and white categories. You are right, some people live a very good life and other lives turn out to be rather bad but I believe that most of us are treated well and badly by life. Most of us, if not all, make good and bad experiences so life is not always a bed of roses but we have good times, too.

veryone's had different experiences.
There are people who don't want to live because they've been persecuted against or raped, for example.to such people,life is curse.

And there are people who against all odds enjoy life and find strength in the deepest of their despair and who turn the negative experiences into something positive.

And there are people who enjoy every day because theire parents are billionaires who buy them whatever they want.

Money is necessary but your happiness does not depend on money. If you have a roof over your head, a job and enough to eat and drink, then this is enough.

I have seen people who have more than enough and are unhappy and I have seen people who only have the necessary and live a fulfilled life.

To me, life is pointless
It just happened to happen and there's no end meaning to it, nothing of benefit, or anything.

Well, I am sorry you think and feel this way. It must be kind of depressing.
But how do you know there is no end meaning to it?

And why do you think there is no benefit or anything worth living?

I think one of your problems is that you are ungrateful. For me, a simple breakfast is a benefit. When I wake up in the morning and can choose what to eat and take my time to enjoy the taste of the food and gather energy from it for the rest of the day, that already is a benefit.

Or when I visit my grandparents and see how happy they are on seeing me, the love in their eyes, this is a benefit, a beautiful feeling.

Or when I drive my car that I worked and paid for, I am proud of myself. A good feeling.

Or when I see the beauty of nature in some places, I am happy I was given eye-sight and I feel grateful to be in such a beautiful place.

I could go on and on and on.

In essence, there are so many benefits, so much to be grateful for, so much to be enjoyed.

because everything we do is a waste of time, all we can do are meaningless and pointless things, which causes irritation.

Lamenting too much is a waste of time, living is not, it is a purpose in itself. To be, just be, is already a purpose.

Living a meaningless life is a waste of time. Doing anything is a waste of time. Because of this, I'm personally irritated every second of the day. I'm also disgusted by everything because it is just so messed up. I'm upset that there's nothing I can do to fix it. There is no solution to solving this pointlessnes

Whether you live a meaningless life and whether you think of your life as meaningless is a choice. You should control your thoughts instead of being controlled by them. You should think instead of being thought. You have to be more conscious. You can make yourself think rather positively or rather negatively.

And I don't agree that you can do nothing against the mess, there is always something you can contribute to make the world a better place. We all do, no matter how small or big. Why give up?

, now i dont worry about anything, i dont stress, .. because i dont want to be addicted to misery any more.

Sorry to sa it but you sound miserable. It'S good not to stress yourself and not to worry too much but your attitude goes beyond that.

From here, many humans tried to find a purpose to life as they just couldn't deal with it. People tried to explain the universe, tried to make themselves believe that when they died they would continue to exist and have a purpose and be happy... also people tried to keep others inline.
Well, all of these factors led to many delusional members of humanity. As technology and thinking progresses, there are less and less religious people and more and more people who come to think in the original terms that life is pointless. Most people don't find life as a curse. I only find life as a curse because I can't stand wasting my time and I'm irritated by illogical things. The mere act of living is illogical to me -.-... you go through all of this trouble

This paragraph is confusing and touches upon many complex topics so I will omit it for now as I also believe that I have already said a lot. wink

1 Like

Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
^^^Don't you lot get tired of over-analysing the simplest things in this section, with boring debates devoid of intellect?

I honestly don't know why you are trying to debate someone who is having suicidal thoughts. It is 2015 and I think most of you in this section need to learn how to read and comprehend the simplest things.

4 Likes

Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 14, 2015
SirShymex:
^^^Don't you lot get tired of over-analysing the simplest things in this section, with boring debates devoid of intellect?

I honestly don't know why you are trying to debate someone who is having suicidal thoughts. It is 2015 and I think most of you in this section need to learn how to read and comprehend the simplest things.

Reading my posts is not by force Mr Intellect. grin

2 Likes

Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 14, 2015
I hear that. But don't derail the guy's thread and stop debating someone in a vulnerable state.

Take ya debates to other threads with ya co-travellers, and stink it up with illogical back and forth.

Shalom.
Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
SirShymex:
I hear that. But don't derail the guy's thread and stop debating someone in a vulnerable state.

Take ya debates to other threads with ya co-travellers, and stink it up with illogical back and forth.

Shalom.

I was debating him? Do you know what it means? I was actually trying to help, by showing him an alternative, more positive outlook on life. Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't, at least I tried. It's your problem, you don't see it.

What have you done for him?

Instead of saying something encouraging you came with your issues from the past to fight me, absolutely out of place. Grow up!

4 Likes

Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jan 14, 2015
Lmao. Ain't no one got time to fight you - you're inconsequential.

However, when you start saying things like: 'you sound miserable', 'I disagree', etc., to someone in a vulnerable state - don't you think you're stretching it? That's a debate right here.

You don't disagree with folks going through mental and psychological issues and, call them miserable.

Anyway, I'm out.

2 Likes

Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by cococandy(f): 7:15pm On Jan 14, 2015
OP life is a blessing as long as you remember to get up every time you fall down.

Time. There is nothing as wonderful as time.

It heals. It repairs. Time will even make these horrible days seem like those good old days when they are gone.

It Is ok to fall but Just remember to stand up once you're done with the self pity and helplessness.

When you begin to get everything you ever wished for, then you won't see life as pointless anymore but it will take time and until then pls do away with negativity. It could actually stop you from getting there.
Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jan 14, 2015
SirShymex:
Lmao. Ain't no one got time to fight you - you're inconsequential.

However, when you start saying things like: 'you sound miserable', 'I disagree', etc., to someone in a vulnerable state - don't you think you're stretching it? That's a debate right here.

You don't disagree with folks going through mental and psychological issues and, call them miserable.

Anyway, I'm out.

You sound miserable and you are miserable are two different statements and there is a HUGE difference between the two.

And for you to "diagnose" him with suicidal tendencies, you must agree that he sounds pretty miserable, which is not even an insult.

And since you are so concerned, please try and help him instead of picking fights with people who don'T care.

2 Likes

Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by finofaya: 8:57pm On Jan 14, 2015
How can you be sure that life is pointless? There's still a lot you don't know about it. On the criteria of meaning, life is certainly better than non life, since life can possibly have meaning while you can't even speak of meaning or lack of it if there were no life. So if you don't like meaninglessness, you should avoid death.
Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 15, 2015
carefreewannabe:

You sound miserable and you are miserable are two different statements and there is a HUGE difference between the two.

And for you to "diagnose" him with suicidal tendencies, you must agree that he sounds pretty miserable, which is not even an insult.

And since you are so concerned, please try and help him instead of picking fights with people who don'T care.

You were making sense before at the start of your "advice" but when you said he sounded miserable,and he is ungrateful,it completely destroys the entire point of your advice. I was dissapointed at those two statements..

You are judgemental.

Don't quote me,if you plan on attacking me. I can't predict my next response to you.
Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by KanwuliaJara: 3:40pm On Jan 15, 2015
LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!! cool cool cool cool cool cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MJj2A1Kx20

[size=20pt]BRING ME DAAAN. . . YOU CANNOT FIT!!!! [/size]kiss
Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by SAMBARRY: 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2015
O lord! grin

thanks for that pharell music video kanwulia.you just made my day with it. grin
Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jan 15, 2015
Dapo777:

You were making sense before at the start of your "advice" but when you said he sounded miserable,and he is ungrateful,it completely destroys the entire point of your advice. I was dissapointed at those two statements..

You are judgemental.

Don't quote me,if you plan on attacking me. I can't predict my next response to you.

grin grin grin
Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by YourCoffin: 4:58pm On Jan 15, 2015
Death is a blessing so life should be the opposite.
Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by finofaya: 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2015
YourCoffin:
Death is a blessing so life should be the opposite.

Na so them dey take market coffin?

1 Like

Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by YourCoffin: 6:31pm On Jan 15, 2015
finofaya:

Na so them dey take market coffin?

Lol! Yes, the kind I sell......
Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by Nobody: 7:05pm On Jan 15, 2015
mumumugu:

everyone's had different experiences.

To me, life is pointless

because everything we do is a waste of time, all we can do are meaningless and pointless things,

Living a meaningless life is a waste of time. Doing anything is a waste of time. messed up. . There is no solution to solving this pointlessnes

, People tried to explain the universe, tried to make themselves believe that when they died they would continue to exist and have a purpose and be happy... also people tried to keep others inline.
Well, all of these factors led to many delusional members of humanity. As technology and thinking progresses, there are less and less religious people and more and more people who come to think in the original terms that life is pointless. Most people don't find life as a curse. . The mere act of living is illogical to me -

What of the billionaires who have it all and still conclude that this life is empty and meaningless? Happens more often than not tbh, so try not to look to them for model answers to your questions. What if we just accept that life is illogical, and live through its byproduct of consciousness with a more positive outlook. It's yours for the choosing.

Nobody is certain of what happens after death. Some have faith but this is not the same as absolute certainty. Some theorize but again, this is not certainty. To find real meaning in anything is to search for something of substance for its purpose. Life is wonderfully substantial to me because we were born as thinkers into a physical body that is able to interact with the earth. Thats enough meaning for me, but not for all. We, as thinkers, have the power to create our own meaning. Beautiful, no?

If life is a waste of time, what else does this universe exist for? Surely, hosting life is time better spent, even if illogical? Would you agree? Many men who approach this topic of logic with guns blazing end up with mental health issues; so were we born to think, but never to know? Possibly.

Keep thinking. Keep positive. You're not alone.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by finofaya: 7:25pm On Jan 15, 2015
YourCoffin:

Lol! Yes, the kind I sell......

You're the expert. How many kinds of coffins are there?
Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by YourCoffin: 8:04pm On Jan 15, 2015
finofaya:

You're the expert. How many kinds of coffins are there?

Three. But you have to be initiated to know the other two.......
Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by finofaya: 8:25pm On Jan 15, 2015
YourCoffin:

Three. But you have to be initiated to know the other two.......

Lol. Better initiate me or else...
Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by finofaya: 8:26pm On Jan 15, 2015
Flytefalls:

What of the billionaires who have it all and still conclude that this life is empty and meaningless? Happens more often than not tbh, so try not to look to them for model answers to your questions. What if we just accept that life is illogical, and live through its byproduct of consciousness with a more positive outlook. It's yours for the choosing.

Nobody is certain of what happens after death. Some have faith but this is not the same as absolute certainty. Some theorize but again, this is not certainty. To find real meaning in anything is to search for something of substance for its purpose. Life is wonderfully substantial to me because we were born as thinkers into a physical body that is able to interact with the earth. Thats enough meaning for me, but not for all. We, as thinkers, have the power to create our own meaning. Beautiful, no?

If life is a waste of time, what else does this universe exist for? Surely, hosting life is time better spent, even if illogical? Would you agree? Many men who approach this topic of logic with guns blazing end up with mental health issues; so were we born to think, but never to know? Possibly.

Keep thinking. Keep positive. You're not alone.

Nne, you get sense sha.

1 Like

Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by YourCoffin: 8:40pm On Jan 15, 2015
finofaya:

Lol. Better initiate me or else...

Can't, if you've never constructed or slept in a coffin before.........
Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 15, 2015
Eyaaa..
What a pity..

Sign of depression..
Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 15, 2015
carefreewannabe:

Epistles of wannabe..

Diaris godu o..
Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by finofaya: 10:20pm On Jan 15, 2015
YourCoffin:

Can't, if you've never constructed or slept in a coffin before.........

More marketing strategies. Well done.
Re: Is Life A Blessing Or A Curse ? Or Just Pointless by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 15, 2015
finofaya:

Nne, you get sense sha.
Dalu. Still learning smiley

(1) (Reply)

Please, I Need A Cortina Bata Shoe!!!! / What Do You Do When Are Unhappy? / Christian Home Meaning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.