Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,475 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? (1638 Views)

African Tribeswoman In Supermarket Wearing Goat Skins & Mud For Sunscreen (pix) / Increase In Bleaching Rate In South East Nigeria(snapshot) / Bleaching / Toning/ Skin Lightening Disgusting and Dangerous (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jan 14, 2015
Pls anybody with a clue about this question because when I was in Lagos virtually all the yolobawomen I met were into skin toning.
Even here in Onicha all the agbosellers and tailors are all following the same trend, now I have relocated to Ihiala and the story is always the same, once you met them you don't need a prophet to tell you she a yolobawoman.

What are they trying to achieve and who are trying to look like by using chemicals to cause themselves embarrassment in looking good?
Re: Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? by chiefolododo(m): 8:31pm On Jan 14, 2015
mugu
Re: Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? by HopeAtHand: 10:14pm On Jan 14, 2015
Buddahmonk so Yorubas are your latest problem and no longer Ikwerres..nice!

While you are pondering the answers to your question, tell your cousin who owns countless fleets of tippers and tankers and lorries in Port Harcourt that if he must drive them thru an inch of Ikwerreland, he Should prepare to pay 'new improved' ticket permits and levies and watever Ikwerres demand from him in PH and as regularly as we demand it.

Failure to comply will result in our confiscation of those Vehicles as we did to your houses sometime ago..do not say i didnt warn you so you dont go about whining like your grannies did when they forfeited their houses.

If you like call tonychristopher and oneeast and others to complain.Kachifu grin
Re: Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? by tpiah11: 10:26pm On Jan 14, 2015
You'd be invaluable in the fight against boko haram @ op.
Re: Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? by tonychristopher: 12:11am On Jan 15, 2015
HopeAtHand:
Buddahmonk so Yorubas are your latest problem and no longer Ikwerres..nice!

While you are pondering the answers to your question, tell your cousin who owns countless fleets of tippers and tankers and lorries in Port Harcourt that if he must drive them thru an inch of Ikwerreland, he Should prepare to pay 'new improved' ticket permits and levies and watever Ikwerres demand from him in PH and as regularly as we demand it.

Failure to comply will result in our confiscation of those Vehicles as we did to your houses sometime ago..do not say i didnt warn you so you dont go about whining like your grannies did when they forfeited their houses.

If you like call tonychristopher and oneeast and others to complain.Kachifu grin

Lazy ikwerre man..get off my mention pls ..they can payticket money aand that will be transfered to rivers residents in terms of high cost of product and service delivery

Oh have you forgotten domino or spiral effects in economics

Its boils down to your people still paying higher for the services

Oh I forgot you lack the nuances and finesse in an advance business model
Re: Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? by tonychristopher: 12:12am On Jan 15, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Pls anybody with a clue about this question because when I was in Lagos virtually all the yolobawomen I met were into skin toning.
Even here in Onicha all the agbosellers and tailors are all following the same trend, now I have relocated to Ihiala and the story is always the same, once you met them you don't need a prophet to tell you she a yolobawoman.

What are they trying to achieve and who are trying to look like by using chemicals to cause themselves embarrassment in looking good?

Yes they might bleach but not all so do not make hasty generalizations
Re: Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? by Funjosh(m): 3:26am On Jan 15, 2015
I thought you are refering to YORUBA women, I never knew you are talking about Yoloba women lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? by Nobody: 6:07am On Jan 15, 2015
Oga 95% of them bleach, what are you telling me.
I know them wela wela and so don't school me, a yolobawoman who is not bleaching have not gotten the money to buy creams but to them all nurture the thought. Its normal to them

tonychristopher:

Yes they might bleach but not all so do not make hasty generalizations
Re: Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? by HopeAtHand: 6:12am On Jan 15, 2015
tonychristopher:

Lazy ikwerre man..get off my mention pls ..they can payticket money aand that will be transfered to rivers residents in terms of high cost of product and service delivery

Oh have you forgotten domino or spiral effects in economics

Its boils down to your people still paying higher for the services

Oh I forgot you lack the nuances and finesse in an advance business model

Rubbish.

You talk about business model like you know anything..all you know is buying and selling spare parts in Ikoku market.

If you increase the cost of your goods, i can always go to the next shop and purchase, better still igo to Aba to purchase.
Re: Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? by Nobody: 6:15am On Jan 15, 2015
Ikwerreboy howfar?

HopeAtHand:

Rubbish.

You talk about business model like you know anything..all you know is buying and selling spare parts in Ikoku market.

If you increase the cost of your goods, i can always go to the next shop and purchase, better still igo to Aba to purchase.
Re: Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? by HopeAtHand: 6:54am On Jan 15, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Ikwerreboy howfar?

So you secretly dey admire Yoruba women..hahaha cheesy cheesy

I know your type.U follow for guys wey like to 'disagree to agree' with women.

Igbo boy!
Re: Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? by tonychristopher: 7:49am On Jan 15, 2015
HopeAtHand:

Rubbish.

That is the common sense you don't have ...oh I will pay different tax the dude next shop will pay different tax..that means somebody is missing something

Ok then look at your flawed reasoning ..you will still include and incur another cost to travel to aba if tax is increased.

You see how you reason

Beside that why should I teach a lay about lazy ikwerre man the basics business

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? by tonychristopher: 7:50am On Jan 15, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Ikwerreboy howfar?

No mind am
Re: Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? by tonychristopher: 7:51am On Jan 15, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Oga 95% of them bleach, what are you telling me.
I know them wela wela and so don't school me, a yolobawoman who is not bleaching have not gotten the money to buy creams but to them all nurture the thought. Its normal to them

I still disagree..
Re: Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? by HopeAtHand: 8:08am On Jan 15, 2015
tonychristopher:

That is the common sense you don't have ...oh I will pay different tax the dude next shop will pay different tax..that means somebody is missing something

Ok then look at your flawed reasoning ..you will still include and incur another cost to travel to aba if tax is increased.

You see how you reason

Beside that why should I teach a lay about lazy ikwerre man the basics business

You do not know anything..you cant give what you dnt have.

You talking business basics like one needs a harvard degree for dat.

Mister shut tha fvck up and pay your taxes in PH in silence..if you wish to up the prices of your goods, thats your problem.

What you dnt know is there's stiff competition out there and consumer is King..people are willing to sell at almost cost price as far as they are selling.You come online to blab trash.
Re: Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 15, 2015
My brother the one I wanted to date during NYSC will rub gel in the morning before taking here bath, she will fix eyelashes but she is yet to watch her face, imagine a graduate lady using ankara pieces as menstrual pad grin grin grin grin grin

Serious just that Ikwerre girls lack both economic and cultural values but they are better than yolobas girls in cleanliness shaa.

HopeAtHand:

So you secretly dey admire Yoruba women..hahaha cheesy cheesy

I know your type.U follow for guys wey like to 'disagree to agree' with women.

Igbo boy!

Re: Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? by HopeAtHand: 10:07am On Jan 15, 2015
BuddahMonk:
My brother the one I wanted to date during NYSC will rub gel in the morning before taking here bath, she will fix eyelashes but she is yet to watch her face, imagine a graduate lady using ankara pieces as menstrual pad grin grin grin grin grin

Serious just that Ikwerre girls lack both economic and cultural values but they are better than yolobas girls in cleanliness shaa.

Guyman, Everything is relative.

There are clean, dirty, ugly, beautful, fair, dark, short, tall, beaching and unbleaching types of women on all sides of the divide.

There is no need to stereotype people unnecessarily especially when you've only come across few in the midst of millions.

Yoruba gals, Igbo gals, Ikwerre gals rock..ive been there and ive done that severally..Just improve on d class you roll with..dats all
Re: Why Do Yolobawomen Love Bleaching And Toning Their Skins ? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 16, 2015
What is yoloba? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Some Igbo Words That Are The Same Meaning With Hebrew / Typical Yoruba Proverbs / Why Do Ibadan People Call Every Tall Guys Daddy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.