Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:47 AM

Some Igbo Words That Are The Same Meaning With Hebrew - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Some Igbo Words That Are The Same Meaning With Hebrew (1632 Views)

Some Igbo Words In Olaudah Equiano's Autobiography Book / Yoruba Hebrew Heritage / Some Igbo Words That Are Same Meaning With Hebrew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Igbo Words That Are The Same Meaning With Hebrew by sixtus3606(m): 2:26pm On Jul 11, 2017
SOME IGBO WORDS THAT ARE SAME MEANING WITH HEBREW

Adah Ada First Daughter
Agur Agu lion
Ahi Ahia market
Amarih Amara grace
Ara Ara mad
Ayya Anya eye
Aziza Aziza broom
Chem Chima God k
nows
Eber Ebere mercy
Ezer Eze king(Chief)
Geba Geba move on
Genesis Ge na isi isi go to the beginning
Hagaba Ha_ga_ba let them go
Salu Dalu well done
Raphu Rapu leave it
Sobe Sobe follow
Ubal Uba wealth
Zaam Zaam please answer me

This is just a few words out of thousands of others similar in meaning between IGBO and HEBREW. So, does this means the Igbos are of the Hebrew tribe?

odumchi
bigfrancis21
lalasticlala
fulaman198
Re: Some Igbo Words That Are The Same Meaning With Hebrew by Benjom(m): 2:41pm On Jul 11, 2017
Hmn good effort... now let me go and verify the veracity of this claim by learning the Hebrew myself. cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? / Why Can't Nigerians Talk For A Long Time Without Speech Mannerisms / Dhu Nuwas, The Hebrew King Of Yemen, Later The First Emperor Of West Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.