Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,299 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

You, Not My Generation, Failed Nigeria, Fashola Tells Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You, Not My Generation, Failed Nigeria, Fashola Tells Jonathan (359 Views)

Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians / Your Prayers Cannot Take Us Out Of Recession – Fashola Tells Nigerians / Power Supply: Don’t Shut Down, Don’t Downsize, Fashola Tells Industrialists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You, Not My Generation, Failed Nigeria, Fashola Tells Jonathan by taiwoflb: 4:08am On Jan 15, 2015
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, on Tuesday urged President Goodluck Jonathan to accept responsibility over his failure to address the challenges confronting the nation rather than point accusing fingers to past leaders.
The governor was speaking at a town hall meeting organised by the state Ministry of Transportation, which featured various associations under the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW).

Analysing the president’s speech during his flag-off campaign in Lagos last week, where he was quoted as saying that his generation has failed, Fashola said the president should instead account for his own failure in the last six years in the saddle.

“He said his generation has failed, he should account for himself,” Fashola said, adding that he refused to join the generation the President was referring to.

“He is in his 50s, I am also in my 50s, and we appear to be, because I don’t even want to join that generation because my own generation has not failed. I have done well on my job and I am proud to say so. If he has failed, let him account for himself, he should not join us”.

Addressing transport workers at the meeting held at the Blue Roof, Lagos Television, Agidingbi, Ikeja, the governor noted that the issues that will form the basis of debate for the elections will be how well the citizens of the nation have fared under the present administration.

He said he was pained about the situation in the North East region of the country where citizens have become refugees in their country due to the inability of the government to tame the Boko Haram insurgency.

Citing an example of the recent terrorist attack in Paris, France, where 12 persons were killed, but the government moved swiftly and arrested the first suspect under 12 hours.

“By midnight, they had deployed 80,000 troops, locked down Paris, they entered the forest. Our president could not lead our trained and competent military, give them direction to enter Sambisa forest. And in 24 hours, they had killed three of the terrorists and declared one wanted and they had identified all of them.

“Instead of telling you how he plans to secure the nation, our president was telling you they tried to kill him four years ago and we did not know. That is a serious national security issue because nobody wants our Commander in Chief dead. If anybody tries to kill him, we should have known. And if I was Commander in Chief, and the person who tries to kill me is in a South African jail, I will ask that he should be repatriated to Nigeria to come and face punishment”.
Source: http://.com.ng/

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Isn't This Being Silly And Going Too Far / The 8 Common Slogan With Presidential Flagoff Btw APC & PDP. / I Don't Trust Politicians, They Are Liars. Pastor Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.