Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians (18143 Views)

Boko Haram Executes, Amir Baba-kaka ‘Governor Of Lake Chad’ In Power Struggle / 2019 ELECTIONS:Nigeria to Expect Surprises at the Polls / UPP Will Pull Surprises In Anambra State Election. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by dre11(m): 8:00am On May 31, 2017
As power generation peaks at 4000MW

Onyebuchi Ezigbo in Abuja

The Minister for Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, has promised Nigerians positive surprises in the efforts being made by the federal government to ensure stable power supply in the country.

He said the ministry had enunciated a couple of policies and actions under the power sector recovery programme which is part of the implementation of the economic recovery and growth plan of the government targeted at stabilising the economy.

Fashola, who briefed the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Chief John Odigie-Oyegun and members of the party’s National Working, Committee (NWC) as apart of the midterm performance assessment, told journalists that despite the challenges posed by gas supply, the country was already witnessing incremental power supply.

He said as at yesterday, power generation capacity had peaked at 4000MW, with more increases being expected in the days ahead.
“We are already having incremental power and in spite of the setback, we have had with the gas supply, as at yesterday average power generation was over 4000MW.”

Fashola who said he was at the party national secretariat to take his turn in presenting the progress chat to the party leadership, urged Nigerians not to lose hope yet as some of policies already put in place are bound to meeting their expectations.

“We are going to see that we get to those milestones of progress. There are milestones even though the time is not yet finished. But this is halftime, as you know in football even at halftime when it is draw, there is alway a room for surprising results and Nigerians should expect surprises at the end of this mandate that they have given us.

“I will say that l am concerned that the need to produce stable power in order to serve the people and grow the economy, l will say that l am concerned but it is not my nature to panic because there is a plan and l have told you about power sector recovery programme.

“You see I am a person driven by methods, so is this government; so is this party. We are a party of methods and l think that Nigerians would benefit more from the implementation of our plans because they have taken time to be put together and they are well thought out.

“I am optimistic that the story can only get better, and as you access our performance, continue to access it within the contest of what is clear sabotage and damaged to pipelines and if you continue to puncture the fuel tank in your car, don’t expect that the car would run for a long distance,” he stated.

On the promise made by the party about interrupted power supply, Fahola said: “That is still behind what we achieved last year, but when we relate this period last year to now where we’re at about 2000MW and we still have not restored all of the damage in the gas lines’ confidence is coming back to the sector and the institutions are being reconstituted such as NERC, Rural Electrification Agency and there will be more as we go on.

“Government has also enunciated a couple of policies and actions in the power sector recovery programme which are part of the implementation of the economic recovery and growth plan of the government. So there is a lot to hope for, the power sector story and indeed the whole economy is a journey and not an event.

On the problem being encountered by electricity consumers over estimated billing and inadequate supply of electricity metre, the minster said the issue is being addressed, adding that a lot needed to be done by the companies to connect most of consumers with metering facility.

“We have metered some consumers; while many have not metered at all. And I think we should be careful as we choose our language. There is a lot of distance they still need to cover and there’s room to improve. We are not pleased with the number of people who are yet to be metered. We are still not pleased that people are receiving estimated bills. And we think that discos can do more.

“Yes, it is our responsibility to fix it but there is also a sense of ownership in ensuring that all of us are in a common country; the same place that everybody would benefit, no matter how aggrieved you are, if there is more power,” he said

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/05/31/expect-surprises-in-power-supply-growth-fashola-tells-nigerians/

3 Likes

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by zinachidi(m): 8:03am On May 31, 2017
nor be today una begin to promise us...
Choke on it. undecided

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:04am On May 31, 2017
Fashola is just too useless, he's a foolish fool. A fool that is just too foolish...

He said a serious government would fix light in six months, later he insulted the god of afonjas in charge of light saying he can't produce 1 megawatt . Now he's saying we should expect power after 2 years of power failure. He should tell that to his zombies not me cry

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Pavore9: 8:04am On May 31, 2017
Yawns......

2 Likes

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:05am On May 31, 2017
I don't know, but here in kaduna(where I reside), we use to have constant electricity supply these days. 22/23hrs of electricity everyday. undecided

29 Likes

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:07am On May 31, 2017
nothing to celebrate yet
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by tuniski: 8:08am On May 31, 2017
Surprise ko darkness ni. Raining season is here we know what to expect!

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by madridguy(m): 8:10am On May 31, 2017
Baba Fash no time to check time.

1 Like

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Vicolan: 8:10am On May 31, 2017
Another Lie Mohammed ...Always taking Nigerians as fools........Time shall tell

2 Likes

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by joeyfire(m): 8:13am On May 31, 2017
Fashola is making noise because rainy season usually means improved electricity. Na today grin

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 8:14am On May 31, 2017
madridguy:
Baba Fash no time to check time.
Madrid vs juventus .... I go for Pablo dybala
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Justiyke4u: 8:15am On May 31, 2017
Who restored the lost hope?
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nbote(m): 8:17am On May 31, 2017
elmagnifo:
I don't know, but in kaduna here(where I reside), we use to have constant electricity supply these days. 22/23hrs of electricity everyday. undecided

U used to before, abi u do these days abi u do everyday?? because d Nepa I know and Nigerians know will not, has not improved on lite recently at all.. Dey ration d lite in most parts of d country but give full loads of bills at d end of d month.. Tomorrow I'll hear dem blame DISCO , GENCO and soon dey start blaming TANKO

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:21am On May 31, 2017
Nbote:

U used to before, abi u do these days abi u do everyday?? because d Nepa I know and Nigerians know will not, has not improved on lite recently at all.. Dey ration d lite in most parts of d country but give full loads of bills at d end of d month.. Tomorrow I'll hear dem blame DISCO , GENCO and soon dey start blaming TANKO
hey I don't need to prove anything to you. You can believe what I said or choose not to believe it.

Your cup of tea undecided But the fact is, kaduna state enjoys steady electricity supply.

9 Likes

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by madridguy(m): 8:23am On May 31, 2017
Casemiro bus stop is there for him. grin

CROWNWEALTH019:

Madrid vs juventus .... I go for Pablo dybala

1 Like

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by mfm04622: 8:25am On May 31, 2017
Pavore9:
Yawns......

Don't yawn. Many agreements are being signed to generate power. Govt just nee to invest in transmission. Or allow power to b sold where it is produced.

5 Likes

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by hakimi1974(m): 8:25am On May 31, 2017
every minister of power usually sing this kind of lullaby to nigerians when the raining season don dey approach. they know that all the hydros will be working full blast, no minister of power will make this kind of statement during dry seasong. instead of them to concentrate on coal fired thermal stations they are busy running around in cicles.

11 Likes

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Moreoffaith(m): 8:28am On May 31, 2017
prepaid meter is the solution.

stop those without prepaid from paying bills and see how this people will share the meter..

I hate these people and men in black with passion.

10 Likes

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by mfm04622: 8:28am On May 31, 2017
elmagnifo:
I don't know, but here in kaduna(where I reside), we use to have constant electricity supply these days. 22/23hrs of electricity everyday. undecided

I Confirm that

4 Likes

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by igwebuike01: 8:29am On May 31, 2017
Power naturally improves around July-November in Nigeria, its because of heavy rainfall improve performance of the hydro power stations. It happens every year. Fashola keep quiet

14 Likes

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by mfm04622: 8:30am On May 31, 2017
Moreoffaith:
prepaid meter is the solution.

stop those without prepaid from paying bills and see how this people will share the meter..

I hate these people and men in black with passion.

The problem is people are bypassing the meters! Most DISCOs don't recovery up to half of the power they supply to consumers

1 Like

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Pavore9: 8:33am On May 31, 2017
mfm04622:

Don't yawn. Many agreements are being signed to generate power. Govt just nee to invest in transmission. Or allow power to b sold where it is produced.

You know signing agreements​ is not​ an issue for us but translating it to being tangible and felt by Nigerians is where the problem lies.

1 Like

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Houseofglam7(f): 8:35am On May 31, 2017
These people wan give us heart attack huh
The surprises wey we don see never reach
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by obonujoker(m): 8:42am On May 31, 2017
Raining season don show..... grin
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by mfm04622: 8:43am On May 31, 2017
Pavore9:

You know signing agreements​ is not​ an issue for us but translating it to being tangible and felt by Nigerians is where the problem lies.

These are not Nigerians. The investors are not waiting for counterpart funding from govt. What they need is assurance they can sell power they produce.
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 8:51am On May 31, 2017
mfm04622:

I Confirm that
yeah there's great improvement in electricity supply here in kaduna. And any resident of kaduna can confirm this. Even before the rain came, electricity supply have been good here.

1 Like

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by Moreoffaith(m): 8:55am On May 31, 2017
mfm04622:

The problem is people are bypassing the meters! Most DISCOs don't recovery up to half of the power they supply to consumers

bypass??

Bro if you know how much I pay monthly in a mini flat you will agree with me..

I pay 3500 monthly is that not too much?? 2 days on and a day off, thats how our light is scheduled...but the two days on is more or less a night plan....as if I am on swift night plan

I hardly stay at home cos of the kind of work I do, even on public holidays I still don't stay at home, I stay in my dads house 2years ago where we load 1500 monthly, my parent use 4 bedroom flat while I use mini flat.

I have a friend who work with Eko Edc he said they make 4 billion monthly, After deducting prepaid meter sub monthly from the 4billion the remai
ning digit will be distributed to others , even if there is light or not for that month...

do people bypass the meter been mounted on the pole ? NO

All they need to do is have a team who monitor this and make sure anyone involve in this act is dealt with appropriately.
This people are just wicked.

5 Likes

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by caprini1: 9:02am On May 31, 2017
madridguy:
Casemiro bus stop is there for him. grin

Juve will not even see ball play that day.Na so we dey deal with all this so-called good defence teams like Athletico and Bayern grin
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by madridguy(m): 9:06am On May 31, 2017
If not the stupidity of Barca coach who is Juve to send them packing. The Old ladies will get it hot as never before.

caprini1:
Juve will not even see ball play that day.Na so we dey deal with all this so-called good defence teams like Athletico and Bayern grin

1 Like

Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by DamiBukola: 9:08am On May 31, 2017
Useless man, I have not had light for over 1 week in myhood (Olokonla, Ajah, Lagos.

We use to have light like something else but since the advent of this useless man, there is nothing to write about EKEDC
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by caprini1: 9:56am On May 31, 2017
madridguy:
If not the stupidity of Barca coach who is Juve to send them packing. The Old ladies will get it hot as never before.

Abeg no being barca here..... cheats.We are talking about men that plays football,not Messi and the 10 actors.
Re: Expect Surprises In Power Supply Growth, Fashola Tells Nigerians by samtee37(m): 10:13am On May 31, 2017
Lol... Even if we use prepaid, it won't still work in my school, cause almost all the student as turned them self to Electician grin... By joining wire, even when there is no more bill on the card grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dolapo Osinbajo Commissions Special And Sexual Offences Courts / APC Governors In Meeting With Oshiomhole Over Primaries / Police Arrest 100 Pro-Biafran Supporters In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.