Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,849 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:10 PM

Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued (1785 Views)

When cows are more valued than humans / Buhari's Certificate Matter - Tune Into Channels Television / Buhari's Certificate: I Withdraw My Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by unibenstudent1(m): 7:42am On Jan 15, 2015
[color=MediumVioletRed]Nigerians,what is really our problem,,why do we extol values more on a paper certificate which can be burnt by fire ,than experience which cannot be taken away,,buhari a man who entered barack with his wasc rose through the rank of the military,,for u attain the title of general is alone a qualification..even with certificates Nigerians all over still can't get employment? Be it first class or second class...is this certificate not an illusion..are we saying the training buhari got from barack is not enough to manage a country as nigeria where we have so many looters and insurgents parading as saints..the war college even proved he had a diploma,are we all saying all Nigerians with a diploma all over nigeria are useless,,please let's stop all this propaganda and move to a more sensible and corrupt-free nigeria. [/color]
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by Stevejog(m): 7:44am On Jan 15, 2015
here to read comments. I think I made FTC ;Dhere to read comments. I think I made FTC
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by unibenstudent1(m): 7:49am On Jan 15, 2015
Stevejog:
here to read comments. I think I made FTC ;Dhere to read comments. I think I made FTC
which comments?
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by saaedlee: 7:51am On Jan 15, 2015
I so much wish everyone would reason this way! Am not saying Education is bad, neither am I saying one shouldn't strive for educational qualifications.

Meanwhile, Vote General Muhammadu Buhari for President.

God Bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by MayorofLagos(m): 7:53am On Jan 15, 2015
Competencies is what should count, not certificate and not experience.

1 Like

Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by unibenstudent1(m): 7:53am On Jan 15, 2015
saaedlee:
I so much wish everyone would reason this way! Am not saying Education is bad, neither am I saying one shouldn't strive for educational qualifications.

Meanwhile, Vote General Muhammadu Buhari for President.

God Bless Nigeria
presidency does not require u to have a BSc in farming but requires a man who has been tested and trusted and his achievements are in the open.
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by unibenstudent1(m): 7:54am On Jan 15, 2015
MayorofLagos:
Competencies is what should count, not certificate and not experience.
you need either a certificate or experience to prove ur competency,if not a common street boy will claim competency.
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by ejiro2130(m): 8:02am On Jan 15, 2015
I can't really remember the certificate obj had before he was elected into office, gmb has contested these same election over and over again why is certificate a big deal this year??

PhD holder couldn't fight boko haram now we want an ex general!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by felifeli: 8:07am On Jan 15, 2015
unibenstudent1:
[color=MediumVioletRed]Nigerians,what is really our problem,,why do we extol values more on a paper certificate which can be burnt by fire ,than experience which cannot be taken away,,buhari a man who entered barack with his wasc rose through the rank of the military,,for u attain the title of general is alone a qualification..even with certificates Nigerians all over still can't get employment? Be it first class or second class...is this certificate not an illusion..are we saying the training buhari got from barack is not enough to manage a country as nigeria where we have so many looters and insurgents parading as saints..the war college even proved he had a diploma,are we all saying all Nigerians with a diploma all over nigeria are useless,,please let's stop all this propaganda and move to a more sensible and corrupt-free nigeria. [/color]

He has neither certificate nor relevant experience. RELEVANT.
Nigeria is not military barracks. Thank You
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by unibenstudent1(m): 8:09am On Jan 15, 2015
felifeli:

He has neither certificate nor relevant experience. RELEVANT.
Nigeria is not military barracks. Thank You
wonderful a diploma in us army war college is what?and btw what have u achieved with ur own certificate?

1 Like

Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by Chesman10(m): 8:10am On Jan 15, 2015
Before sentiments, what does the law say? Are the law makers ignorant of the advantage of competency over paper qualification or are we lawless?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by unibenstudent1(m): 8:14am On Jan 15, 2015
Chesman10:
Before sentiments, what does the law say? Are the law makers ignorant of the advantage of competency over paper qualification or are we lawless?
in other words what r u saying though?
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by pazienza(m): 8:16am On Jan 15, 2015
Unless experience as a tyrant counts, and we are looking for a tyrant president as opposed to democratic president, it won't be unfair to say that Buhari has Zero experience.
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by unibenstudent1(m): 8:19am On Jan 15, 2015
pazienza:
Unless experience as a tyrant counts, and we are looking for a tyrant president as opposed to democrat president, it won't be unfair to say that Buhari has Zero experience.
can u leave aside propaganda and come to the table with a meaningful discourse.

1 Like

Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by brownlord: 8:21am On Jan 15, 2015
God Bless Nigeria[/quote]

Then why did the Constitution require someone to be educated to a certain level? Nigerians are just too foolish, there are criteria's one should meet before going for the no1 position, the people that wrote the constitution are no daft themselves, they should have said anyone who attempted school, the proof you have that you are educated up to a secondary school level is the cert. there are so many people who entered University, got to final year and for one or two reasons could not finish their programmes, do such people queue when others are collecting their Bsc result or mobilized for NYSC programmes, do they attend interview where the lowest qualification is stated Bsc? does that mean the people who successfully completed the programmes are more intelligent than them?

The requirement is for anyone to be educated to secondary school level, and your certificate is what proves you are educated to that level, that is the same certificate Buhari used to enter into the military, exactly what is needed here, that is what we need and that is what the Constitution says, others Msc, Phd, Pdp, Apc are just to build up your profile before the electorate and make you appeal to your followerss

Something is wrong with Nigerians honestly, present your certificate he said they are with secretary of military board, for how many years now?

Why not Customercare of military board, nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by pazienza(m): 8:30am On Jan 15, 2015
unibenstudent1:
can u leave aside propaganda and come to the table with a meaningful discourse.

What propaganda?

We are looking for a democratic president, GEJ has six years experience as a democratic president, Buhari has ZERO experience as a democratic president, but he has tons of experience as a military dictator and tyrant.

Unless you want to turn Nigeria to a tyrant state, i am afraid, Buhari has no experience.
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 15, 2015
The Nigerian constitution is supreme and must be adhered to.We can't give in to sentiments.Besides Buhari's brief stay in power was littered with several cases of human rights abuses

1 Like

Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by ochejoseph(m): 8:44am On Jan 15, 2015
A party whose National Leader is retired drug Baron is not the entity that will lead Nigeria to the promise Land!

While Buhari was Killing people using a Backdated Law Tinubu was Busy selling heroine and cocaine in the US!
Now they want us to Belive they are they change we need How?

What Hope does young people have under the APC

They have an opportunity to appoint or elect a Young National chairman they. Choosed a 76 year old Great Grand Father

A Golden opportunity came to present a Young presidential aspirant they rigged it in favour of a 73 year old

NOT done the allotted the Vice presidential Candidate slot to a drug Baron who appointed a stooge who is anything but young!

Even the traditional National Youth leadership of the Party reserved for young people was taken away from them and given to a 52 year old former HOR aspirant!

Young People have No future Under APC!, the Youngest Governorship Candidates are in the PDP, Nasko and Udom two young men with a lot of promise!

The National youth Leader of the PDP was elected at 30 the minister of Foreign affairs is less than 35 !

Governance in the 21 st century will be driven by information Technology Placing analogue politicians to manage a world that is increasing driven by the adoption of broadband is a Mistake young Nigerians must not make Come Feb 14

May God Help us to Vote wisely

1 Like

Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by Nobody: 8:50am On Jan 15, 2015
Buhari has contested before, and this issue of certificate didn't come up then. Has d constitution changed, or could it be due too the fact that Buhari poses a real threat to Jonathan
brownlord:
God Bless Nigeria

Then why did the Constitution require someone to be educated to a certain level? Nigerians are just too foolish, there are criteria's one should meet before going for the no1 position, the people that wrote the constitution are no daft themselves, they should have said anyone who attempted school, the proof you have that you are educated up to a secondary school level is the cert. there are so many people who entered University, got to final year and for one or two reasons could not finish their programmes, do such people queue when others are collecting their Bsc result or mobilized for NYSC programmes, do they attend interview where the lowest qualification is stated Bsc? does that mean the people who successfully completed the programmes are more intelligent than them?

The requirement is for anyone to be educated to secondary school level, and your certificate is what proves you are educated to that level, that is the same certificate Buhari used to enter into the military, exactly what is needed here, that is what we need and that is what the Constitution says, others Msc, Phd, Pdp, Apc are just to build up your profile before the electorate and make you appeal to your followerss

Something is wrong with Nigerians honestly, present your certificate he said they are with secretary of military board, for how many years now?

Why not Customercare of military board, nonsense
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by brownlord: 8:57am On Jan 15, 2015
teechudley:
Buhari has contested before, and this issue of certificate didn't come up then. Has d constitution changed, or could it be due too the fact that Buhari poses a real threat to Jonathan

I was the first to raise that point when this issue came up, but then you have to realize this is the first time buhari is passing through primaries. in previous election, he either formed the party or dictates what happen, which gives the party less power to verify any of his credentials and since INEC says it does not verify any of credentials submitted by parties for their candidate or have power to disqualify you can see it's difficult to notice any irregularities

Please also understand the reason for this is because so many people are beginning to think Buhari forged his way into the Nigeria Army, so to answer your question, the Constitution has not changed, but the fact that he got away with it does not mean we should not ask now, remember that is Buhari's slogan "Change"
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by unibenstudent1(m): 9:04am On Jan 15, 2015
Under the gazetted electoral act ,& independent national electoral law

Under section 5 subsection 91,clause 9

An individual or othere entity shall not donate more than ₦1,000,000 to any candidate-Tunde Ayeni - ₦2 billion

10)A candidate who knowingly acts in contravention of this section commits an offence and on conviction is liable in the case of-
A)presidential election,to a maximum fine of ₦1,000,000 or imprisonment for a term of 12 months or both..

GEJ destroyed our constitution and must be accountable

Cc
brownlord
ochejoseph
chukwudi44
pazienza
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by brownlord: 9:12am On Jan 15, 2015
unibenstudent1:
.a

Don't tag me in such senseless post of yours, is that the subject of discuss? why open a thread on a subject you know nothing about
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by unibenstudent1(m): 9:14am On Jan 15, 2015
brownlord:

Don't tag me in such senseless post of yours, is that the subject of discuss? why open a thread on a subject you know nothing about
so pdp is the saint of nigeria,, oh yes they are sainTs..
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by brownlord: 9:15am On Jan 15, 2015
unibenstudent1:
so pdp is the saint of nigeria,, oh yes they are sainTs..

I don't support PDP sorry
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by unibenstudent1(m): 9:17am On Jan 15, 2015
brownlord:

I don't support PDP sorry
okaYs,,so who do u support?
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by SUBMARINE: 9:17am On Jan 15, 2015
unibenstudent1:

Op please burn your Certificate as proof of your belief in experience cool
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by unibenstudent1(m): 9:19am On Jan 15, 2015
SUBMARINE:

Op please burn your Certificate as proof of your belief in experience cool
are u wise?? Ok so obasanjo what did he enter presidency with?
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by brownlord: 9:20am On Jan 15, 2015
unibenstudent1:
okaYs,,so who do u support?

Good governance, neither the ruling or opposition party have this
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by ba7man(m): 9:24am On Jan 15, 2015
unibenstudent1:
you need either a certificate or experience to prove ur competency,if not a common street boy will claim competency.
Experience + good Character = Competency.

I've been working for 7yrs and I've never presented my certificate once.

Certificates can be bought or illegally achieved (especially in Nigeria) which explains why our president has a PHD but sounds and acts like a villager.

1 Like

Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by unibenstudent1(m): 9:24am On Jan 15, 2015
brownlord:

Good governance, neither the ruling or opposition party have this
get ready for delusions and heart attack because its either pdp or Apc,,that's the realitY of nigeria..
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by unibenstudent1(m): 9:26am On Jan 15, 2015
ba7man:
Experience + good Character = Competency.
exactly..we need a very strict approach to corruption,if not pdp will share out the remaining billions we have.
Re: Buhari:-certificate Or Experience,which Should Be More Valued by felifeli: 9:32am On Jan 15, 2015
unibenstudent1:
wonderful a diploma in us army war college is what?and btw what have u achieved with ur own certificate?

LOL Like the Yoruba people say - ojo to ro lo ko eyele po mo adiye , If not for the rain that is falling the pigeon will not mingle with chicken where they are hiding..
That is my answer to your question . grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari / Nigeria's Power Generation Hits 3,801.19MW / Buhari Ministerial Nominee Kemi Adeosun Denies Graft Allegations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.