Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,209 members, 7,953,769 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:09 AM

US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari (1820 Views)

Boko Haram Victims Funds: Buhari Speaks On Wrongdoings, Vows To Punish Culprits / "Release Our Stolen Funds" - Buhari To Switzerland President / Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by midolian(m): 9:39pm On Jun 23, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday said his administration has received firm assurances of cooperation from the United States and other countries in his quest to recover and repatriate funds stolen from Nigeria.

According to a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, the President spoke while granting audience to members of the Northern Traditional Rulers Council, led by the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Buhari said it was now up to Nigeria to provide the international community with the facts and figures needed to drive the recovery effort.

He said he would be busy, in the next three months, getting the facts that would help in recovering the stolen funds.

“In the next three months, our administration will be busy getting those facts and the figures to help us recover our stolen funds in foreign countries,’’ the President said.

Citing the report submitted by the Ahmed Joda-led transition committee, Buhari said several revenue-generating institutions in the country had been compromised, leading to a weak economy.

On insecurity, the President told the traditional rulers that they would play a key role in stemming terrorism and insurgency in Nigeria.

He believed that this could be done by assisting the government with cost-effective intelligence gathering.

Buhari assured the traditional rulers that his administration was working hard to end insecurity and terrorism in the country in the shortest possible time with the cooperation of neighbouring countries and the international community.

Acknowledging that Nigerians expected a lot from his administration, the President appealed for patience and understanding while his government works diligently to speedily overcome the huge national challenges it inherited.

The Sultan had earlier presented the Northern Traditional Rulers’ recommendations to the President on issues relating to national development.

He told the President that as custodians of tradition and stakeholders in the Nigerian project, the traditional rulers had a responsibility to always advise political leaders on the “path of truth and justice”.

http://www.punchng.com/news/us-others-will-help-recover-looted-funds-buhari/
Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by dunkem21(m): 9:42pm On Jun 23, 2015
Neo colonialism grin

2 Likes

Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by joseph1832(m): 9:44pm On Jun 23, 2015
This is not the first time we're hearing this.

1 Like

Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by raayah(f): 9:45pm On Jun 23, 2015
After recovering those stolen funds, Please invest them in our country.

We want to see direct evidence that our money is being used and not re-distributed as usual again.

Good luck Buhari.
Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by midolian(m): 9:48pm On Jun 23, 2015
raayah:
After recovering those stolen funds, Please invest them in our country.

We want to see direct evidence that our money is being used and not re-distributed as usual again.

Good luck Buhari.
Buhari is not GEJ

2 Likes

Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by Chimezie198(m): 9:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
joseph1832:
This is not the first time we're hearing this.
U don hear am before? Eh dis big head undecided

2 Likes

Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 23, 2015
Can't we handle our situation on our own? Huh... fvck the Yankees. .....

1 Like

Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 23, 2015
midolian:
Buhari is not GEJ
Stop stalking raayah I don't like it How u dhe ma guy, I they busy die since Hope I no miss anytin?
Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by midolian(m): 10:15pm On Jun 23, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

Stop stalking raayah
I don't like it
How u dhe ma guy, I they busy die since
Hope I no miss anytin?
raayah na ya babe too? ok, I no stalk am again grin grin

I dey alryt, man. You don miss die. Buhari don dey make us proud since morning. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by Maisuya1: 10:18pm On Jun 23, 2015
I still don't see were US is mentioned in the article, or is it bid to remix the story so that it don't sound like that of "channels" and "vanguard" where the president just claimed to make headway in three months on recovery of stolen wealth.
Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by mars123(m): 10:19pm On Jun 23, 2015
TANoids only have a few months to deal with this guy...use it well grin
Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 23, 2015
midolian:
raayah na ya babe too? ok, I no stalk am again grin grin

I dey alryt, man. You don miss die. Buhari don dey make us proud since morning. cheesy cheesy

www.nairaland.com/2400446/standing-ovation-mr-president

Read dat barca thread and tell me wetin Buhari do weh make u dhe happy
Smh
Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by XavierBlue(m): 10:40pm On Jun 23, 2015
Mr president, too much talk and no work, makes Nigerians loose trust in you.

Comon, it been, "he said" or "they said" or "i will " i am tired of these fvcking preambles.

Remember you promised do a lot in your first 100 days, my eyes are yet to verify them.

Anyways, goodluck but our patience are wearing out, we expected a swift actions. Desperate times they say requires desperate measures. Oga abeg fast do am.

XavierBlue
Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by midolian(m): 10:46pm On Jun 23, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:

www.nairaland.com/2400446/standing-ovation-mr-president

Read dat barca thread and tell me wetin Buhari do weh make u dhe happy
Smh
I no dey open the guy thread again. He has vowed never to make sense. And I have vowed never to waste my precious time viewing his thread again.
Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by tucky200(m): 10:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
Jona and co
Una dey hear ??
Baba iyaf vex
Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by AmucheJane(f): 10:59pm On Jun 23, 2015
keyzid:
This's what US want, they no buhari is not educated, so they can use him than Jonathan. Just dey observe.
Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by midolian(m): 12:31am On Jun 24, 2015
AmucheJane:
This's what US want, they no buhari is not educated, so they can use him than Jonathan. Just dey observe.
your entire family combined will never know half of what Buhari knows.. You are such a bimbo. You think it will be easy to recover our looted funds without the help of US and others? Don't you know most of these looters keep these funds in foreign banks? Now tell me how you intend to recover these funds without them. Bigot undecided
Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by sosanova: 12:37am On Jun 24, 2015
grin grin grin grin
President Buhari has started again

1 Like

Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by olasmith10(m): 1:47am On Jun 24, 2015
Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by worksmart(m): 1:54am On Jun 24, 2015
For a man who hasn't even appointed any ministers, don't you think he is making too much statements via the media.

Does this not imply that our president has cluelessly started work without appointing any ministers?

Is this adding up?

Don't you get the feeling that Buhari is not making all the statements ascribed to him?
Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by Nobody: 2:05am On Jun 24, 2015
PMB is the best and simply the best . God bless JEGA for insisting on card reader . Nigeria has found her leader .
Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by dustmalik(m): 2:53am On Jun 24, 2015
midolian:
your entire family combined will never know half of what Buhari knows.. You are such a bimbo. You think it will be easy to recover our looted funds without the help of US and others? Don't you know most of these looters keep these funds in foreign banks? Now tell me how you intend to recover these funds without them. Bigot undecided
Apparently, this saTANoids have no thinking capacity. They expect Buhari to be going round foreign financial institutions, asking them to return looted funds if any is in their custody.

1 Like

Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by midolian(m): 5:06am On Jun 24, 2015
dustmalik:

Apparently, this saTANoids have no thinking capacity. They expect Buhari to be going round foreign financial institutions, asking them to return looted funds if any is in their custody.
them too mumu die I swear angry angry
Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by Vicadonis(m): 6:42am On Jun 24, 2015
I just pray Buhari won't end up telling us words like 'America will know' later.
Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by gambit10: 7:28am On Jun 24, 2015
keyzid:

mumu, ur money is in their bank...u need their help

1 Like

Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by amanze15(m): 7:29am On Jun 24, 2015
O yes
Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 24, 2015
gambit10:

mumu, ur money is in their bank...u need their help
You are as dumb as your post. And as useless in the sight of a blind man.
Re: US, Others Will Help Recover Looted Funds – Buhari by gambit10: 10:35pm On Jun 24, 2015
keyzid:

You are as dumb as your post. And as useless in the sight of a blind man.

really?... is that the best u can come up with?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Abacha’s Personal Doctor Sheds Light On How He Died / Australia Firm Set To Mine Gold In Ilesha, Osun / Nairaland Lives On Irrrespective Of Barcanista Abscence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.