Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,587 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:01 PM

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence - Properties (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence (205837 Views)

Number Of Blocks / Calculation Of Total Number Of Blocks For A Particular Building / Guide To Home Painting: Calculating Volume Of Paint Needed For Your Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 11:52pm On Dec 21, 2016
HsLBroker:
The Simplest Way To Calculate The Numbers Of Blocks U Need For Your Fence

The simplest way to calculate the numbers of blocks you need for your fence project, assuming you are fencing a land measuring 120 feet by 60 ft, a standard plot

This calculation is based on 9 inches block fence .
The measurement we are using is 120 ft (length) and since we have two lengths that is multiply by 2 which is 240 ft. (120 x 2) = 240

The breadth is 60 ft and also since we have 2 breadths that equal 120 ft (60 x 2) = 120
Then (240 + 120) that is 360 feet perimeter line fencing.

The calculation

(we are to convert this 360 feet to inches ) since a foot is 12 inches , now let us multiply 12 inches by 360 ft which is 4320 inches.

Now to get the line numbers of blocks that will go around the fence perimeters of 4320 inches or 360 feet, we would need to divide 4320 by 18 inches, since the length of any block be it 6 inches or 9 inches is 18inches.

Now 4320 inches divide by 18 inches is approximately 240 line of blocks , then we must multiply that by the numbers of coaches of blocks you want for your height, assuming 7 ft which is 9 coaches that means 240 multiply by 9 which is 2160 blocks and that is all you need anything aside from this is fake and fraud, this calculation is derive by me professionally and i have been using it without any mistake, but always remember to add 10 % of blocks to it because of broken blocks, and for this work, you only need 30 bags of cements, one bag of cement to 70 blocks, is standard.

for your pillars between the fence, let assume 6 blocks far from the next pillar, that means 6 divide by 240 which is 40 pillars, 1 bag of cement to 2 pillars standard, that is 17 bags plus 40 bags that is 47 bags is need by me to do this fence, if i'm in position and you should also to add 15 bags for floor blinding of the fence making 62 bags of cement.

Then, we need to minus the gate and the pillars that are also taking space in the fence.

The gate is 12 ft, let us assume the gate columns or pillars is 14 inches each, we have 2 pillars holding the gate, that is 28 inches or 2. 4 feet plus 12 feet that is 14.4 feet or approximately 15 feet.

Remember we already calculate the pillars that 40 pillars is need for the measurement.

Each pillar or column for 9 inches concrete is 9 inches square, 9 x 40 = 360 inches that is (30 feet + 15 feet = 45 feet ) / 18 inches = 30 blocks multiply by the number of coaches, 30 x 9 = 270 block minus 2160 blocks = 1890 blocks in total.

40 lengths of 12mm iron rod, since one pillar is equivalent to 1 length.

3 lengths of 16mm iron rod for the 2 big pillars holding the gate.

90 planks of soft wood for the framing.

1 truck of granite (granite would be use for the wall foundation and columns)

5 trucks of sharp sand

Thanks for the opportunity giving me to explain this simple arithmetic.

Regards
Adeniyi

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 12:05am On Dec 22, 2016
niyoni:
Compliments of the season @HsLBroker. Please I intend fencing the 100 feet sides of a 100 by 80 plot of land in warri. Please can you kindly give me the cost implication and the quantity of materials needed for the job? I intend doing 9 coaches.
Many thanks in advance!
same to you, also and your families and friends, i will send you the quote, i will send your request quote as soon as possible (asap)
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by val15: 5:34pm On Dec 22, 2016
Nice
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 7:46am On Dec 25, 2016
val15:
Nice
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 9:22am On Dec 31, 2016
Happy New Year to you all
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by johnime: 4:12am On Jan 02, 2017
fost4real:
Nice One but if you are lazy just go with this site below. simple and straight to the point. cool

http://www.calctool.org/CALC/other/fun/bricks
good
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 9:18am On Jan 02, 2017
johnime:
good
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 04, 2017
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Kizopumpin(m): 9:55pm On Jan 04, 2017
Great calculation, i sure will be needing this very soon
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Kayodemichael(m): 2:34pm On Jan 09, 2017
I read every comments one by one. Both the critics and praises, suggestions and correction they are all useful and lovely. I now have idea of what to buy by next month when my house work we fully kicked off. The best I got is that mono..... roofing style which reduce costs by 50%. Pls Can you help me with the cost of the roofing the length and breadth is 24ft by 24ft. Thanks
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 6:12am On Jan 12, 2017
Kayodemichael:
I read every comments one by one. Both the critics and praises, suggestions and correction they are all useful and lovely. I now have idea of what to buy by next month when my house work we fully kicked off. The best I got is that mono..... roofing style which reduce costs by 50%. Pls Can you help me with the cost of the roofing the length and breadth is 24ft by 24ft. Thanks
ok no problem, thanks
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Kayodemichael(m): 9:56pm On Jan 13, 2017
[quote author=HsLBroker post=52734365]ok no problem, thanks. Please am still waiting.you can Put it here mykelkay@gmail.com
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jan 16, 2017
[quote author=Kayodemichael post=52784800][/quote]ok
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 23, 2017
pls fellow NL, I currently need a guide/ draft proposal for my writeup on the design/study for a community mini water supply project. Thank forward to kwag4all@gmail.com
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 24, 2017
wasiy:
pls fellow NL, I currently need a guide/ draft
proposal for my writeup on the design/study
for a community mini water supply project.
Thank forward to kwag4all@gmail.com
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 24, 2017
wasiy:
pls fellow NL, I currently need a guide/ draft
proposal for my writeup on the design/study
for a community mini water supply project.
Thank forward to kwag4all@gmail.com
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 27, 2017
HsLBroker:

The simplest way to calculate the numbers of blocks you need for your fence project, assuming you are fencing a land measuring 120 feet by 60 ft, a standard plot

The measurement we are using is 120 ft (length) and since we have two lengths that is multiply by 2 which is 240 ft. (120 x 2) = 240

The breadth is 60 ft and also since we have 2 breadths that equal 120 ft (60 x 2) = 120

The calculation

(we are to convert this 360 feet to inches ) since a foot is 12 inches , now let us multiply 12 inches by 360 ft which is 4320 inches.

Now to get the line numbers of blocks that will go around the fence perimeters of 4320 inches or 360 feet, we would need to divide 4320 by 18 inches, since the length of any block be it 6 inches or 9 inches is 18inches.

Now 4320 inches divide by 18 inches is approximately 240 line of blocks , then we must multiply that by the numbers of coaches of blocks you want for your height, assuming 7 ft which is 9 coaches that means 240 multiply by 9 which is 2160 blocks and that is all you need anything aside from this is fake and fraud, this calculation is derive by me professionally and i have been using it without any mistake, but always remember to add 10 % of blocks to it because of broken blocks, and for this work, you only need 30 bags of cements, one bag of cement to 70 blocks, is standard.

for your pillars between the fence, let assume 6 blocks far from the next pillar, that means 6 divide by 240 which is 40 pillars, 1 bag of cement to 2 pillars standard, that is 17 bags plus 40 bags that is 47 bags is need by me to do this fence, if i'm in position and you should also to add 15 bags for floor blinding of the fence making 62 bags of cement.

Then, we need to minus the gate and the pillars that are also taking space in the fence.

The gate is 12 ft, let us assume the gate columns or pillars is 14 inches each, we have 2 pillars holding the gate, that is 28 inches or 2. 4 feet plus 12 feet that is 14.4 feet or approximately 15 feet.

Remember we already calculate the pillars that 40 pillars is need for the measurement.

Each pillar or column for 9 inches concrete is 9 inches square, 9 x 40 = 360 inches that is (30 feet + 15 feet = 45 feet ) / 18 inches = 30 blocks multiply by the number of coaches, 30 x 9 = 270 block minus 2160 blocks = 1890 blocks in total.

5 trucks of sharp sand

Regards
Adeniyi

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 5:59am On Feb 07, 2017
2 x 2 @ N280 per rate

2 x 3 @ N380 per rate

2 x 4 @ N480 per rate

2 x 6 @ N780 per rate

3 x 4 @ N780 per rate

1 x 12 @ N1600 per rate

call 08182481552 for more information or whatsapp same number
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 7:55pm On Feb 07, 2017
[sub][/sub]J
HsLBroker:

The calculation

5 trucks of sharp sand

Regards
Adeniyi

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 7:57pm On Feb 07, 2017
[sub][/sub]J
HsLBroker:

The calculation

5 trucks of sharp sand

Regards
Adeniyi

if u like click like if you hate do nothing, because nairaland don't have hate
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 1:29am On Feb 08, 2017
hslbroker

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Tpadeoye: 4:38am On Feb 10, 2017
Hello, please I need urgent help can anyone please help with present cost of building materials in Ibadan. My contractor wants to kill me o.
Cement, sand, blocks, granite etc, no of blocks for foundation, no of days for foundation, workmanship etc.

Thank you.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 10, 2017
Tpadeoye:
Hello, please I need urgent help can anyone please help with present cost of building materials in Ibadan. My contractor wants to kill me o.
Cement, sand, blocks, granite etc, no of blocks for foundation, no of days for foundation, workmanship etc.

Thank you.
Ok whatsapp me on 08182481552
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Tpadeoye: 4:53pm On Feb 10, 2017
Can you please share your thoughts on this forum possibly might be useful for another person in need. Thank you.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 1:30am On Feb 11, 2017
Tpadeoye:
Can you please share your thoughts on this forum possibly might be useful for another person in need. Thank you.
quote me next, now you need to submit your survey plan here and mark it confidential, or state the the perimeter of your land and the area you are building on, also the type of building
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by nursevee99: 2:16am On Feb 11, 2017
wow lovely post
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Tpadeoye: 4:24am On Feb 11, 2017
HsLBroker:
quote me next, now you need to submit your survey plan here and mark it confidential, or state the the perimeter of your land and the area you are building on, also the type of building
. Ok thanks in advance
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by mikegeo(m): 2:35pm On Feb 12, 2017
Op, Thanks for this wonderful info. I will like to observe that you only shared info about fence and not building. Please i will like you to state
1) the height of a block.
2) the total number of blocks contained in a window of 1200, 1500, 1800, 2100.
3) the total numbers of blocks contained in 900mm, 1200mm.
These info's are needed in order to calculate residential buildings. Thanks
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by AreaFada2: 3:32pm On Feb 12, 2017
nice
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 5:10pm On Feb 12, 2017
mikegeo:
Op, Thanks for this wonderful info. I will like to observe that you only shared info about fence and not building. Please i will like you to state
1) the height of a block.
2) the total number of blocks contained in a window of 1200, 1500, 1800, 2100.
3) the total numbers of blocks contained in 900mm, 1200mm.
These info's are needed in order to calculate residential buildings. Thanks
you are welcome sir, even with this little info some people are not happy exposing this, because of the cheat gain they have been playing nevertheless I will create time to do as u said regards building, having said this, I'm in church now and I will get back to you asap
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by oranje(m): 11:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hi op great post.
Pls Im a novice and I have an amateur question to ask, I want to develop on a family land and I was told it was 200x200, now I'm confused cuz I don't kn how land sizes are calculated, but I believe it's in ft, I was only told it was two(2) plots joined together, Pls help explain this better and give an estimate in fencing such land. Thanks for ur reply.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Togidan1: 12:11am On Mar 02, 2017
Hello nairaland
I have a question for you infact I would like you to guide me through,I'm about to embark on a big project of a shopping mall on 6 plots of land(120 by 60) per plot.I'm a novice and I will be glad if you can answer these questions
A.How can I get an architect
B.List of materials and quantity
C.Best time to get those materials
D.Estimation cost of all the materials I needed
Please I will be glad if you can reply to my email and I currently reside in uk thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (35) (Reply)

Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Best Of Price On Tiles,water Closet,pipes And Fitting Free Home Delivery / Archetect/builder Modern House Designs With Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.