Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,196 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence - Properties (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence (205810 Views)

Number Of Blocks / Calculation Of Total Number Of Blocks For A Particular Building / Guide To Home Painting: Calculating Volume Of Paint Needed For Your Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 05, 2017
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by segzyndpep(m): 7:21am On Aug 09, 2017
[quote author=HsLBroker post=58004866][/quote]

Highly helpful thanks sir
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by ultrazone(m): 7:34am On Aug 09, 2017
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by ultrazone(m): 7:35am On Aug 09, 2017
HsLBroker:
The Simplest Way To Calculate The Numbers Of Blocks U Need For Your Fence

The simplest way to calculate the numbers of blocks you need for your fence project, assuming you are fencing a land measuring 120 feet by 60 ft, a standard plot

This calculation is based on 9 inches block fence .
The measurement we are using is 120 ft (length) and since we have two lengths that is multiply by 2 which is 240 ft. (120 x 2) = 240

The breadth is 60 ft and also since we have 2 breadths that equal 120 ft (60 x 2) = 120
Then (240 + 120) that is 360 feet perimeter line fencing.

The calculation

(we are to convert this 360 feet to inches ) since a foot is 12 inches , now let us multiply 12 inches by 360 ft which is 4320 inches.

Now to get the line numbers of blocks that will go around the fence perimeters of 4320 inches or 360 feet, we would need to divide 4320 by 18 inches, since the length of any block be it 6 inches or 9 inches is 18inches.

Now 4320 inches divide by 18 inches is approximately 240 line of blocks , then we must multiply that by the numbers of coaches of blocks you want for your height, assuming 7 ft which is 9 coaches that means 240 multiply by 9 which is 2160 blocks and that is all you need anything aside from this is fake and fraud, this calculation is derive by me professionally and i have been using it without any mistake, but always remember to add 10 % of blocks to it because of broken blocks, and for this work, you only need 30 bags of cements, one bag of cement to 70 blocks, is standard.

for your pillars between the fence, let assume 6 blocks far from the next pillar, that means 6 divide by 240 which is 40 pillars, 1 bag of cement to 2 pillars standard, that is 17 bags plus 40 bags that is 47 bags is need by me to do this fence, if i'm in position and you should also to add 15 bags for floor blinding of the fence making 62 bags of cement.

Then, we need to minus the gate and the pillars that are also taking space in the fence.

The gate is 12 ft, let us assume the gate columns or pillars is 14 inches each, we have 2 pillars holding the gate, that is 28 inches or 2. 4 feet plus 12 feet that is 14.4 feet or approximately 15 feet.

Remember we already calculate the pillars that 40 pillars is need for the measurement.

Each pillar or column for 9 inches concrete is 9 inches square, 9 x 40 = 360 inches that is (30 feet + 15 feet = 45 feet ) / 18 inches = 30 blocks multiply by the number of coaches, 30 x 9 = 270 block minus 2160 blocks = 1890 blocks in total.

40 lengths of 12mm iron rod, since one pillar is equivalent to 1 length.

3 lengths of 16mm iron rod for the 2 big pillars holding the gate.

90 planks of soft wood for the framing.

1 truck of granite (granite would be use for the wall foundation and columns)

5 trucks of sharp sand

Thanks for the opportunity giving me to explain this simple arithmetic.

Regards
Adeniyi

Thanks
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 09, 2017
ultrazone:

Thanks
you are welcome sir
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by ihedioramma: 8:45am On Aug 09, 2017
HsLBroker:

The simplest way to calculate the numbers of blocks you need for your fence project, assuming you are fencing a land measuring 120 feet by 60 ft, a standard plot

The measurement we are using is 120 ft (length) and since we have two lengths that is multiply by 2 which is 240 ft. (120 x 2) = 240

The breadth is 60 ft and also since we have 2 breadths that equal 120 ft (60 x 2) = 120

The calculation

(we are to convert this 360 feet to inches ) since a foot is 12 inches , now let us multiply 12 inches by 360 ft which is 4320 inches.

Now to get the line numbers of blocks that will go around the fence perimeters of 4320 inches or 360 feet, we would need to divide 4320 by 18 inches, since the length of any block be it 6 inches or 9 inches is 18inches.

Now 4320 inches divide by 18 inches is approximately 240 line of blocks , then we must multiply that by the numbers of coaches of blocks you want for your height, assuming 7 ft which is 9 coaches that means 240 multiply by 9 which is 2160 blocks and that is all you need anything aside from this is fake and fraud, this calculation is derive by me professionally and i have been using it without any mistake, but always remember to add 10 % of blocks to it because of broken blocks, and for this work, you only need 30 bags of cements, one bag of cement to 70 blocks, is standard.

for your pillars between the fence, let assume 6 blocks far from the next pillar, that means 6 divide by 240 which is 40 pillars, 1 bag of cement to 2 pillars standard, that is 17 bags plus 40 bags that is 47 bags is need by me to do this fence, if i'm in position and you should also to add 15 bags for floor blinding of the fence making 62 bags of cement.

Then, we need to minus the gate and the pillars that are also taking space in the fence.

The gate is 12 ft, let us assume the gate columns or pillars is 14 inches each, we have 2 pillars holding the gate, that is 28 inches or 2. 4 feet plus 12 feet that is 14.4 feet or approximately 15 feet.

Remember we already calculate the pillars that 40 pillars is need for the measurement.

Each pillar or column for 9 inches concrete is 9 inches square, 9 x 40 = 360 inches that is (30 feet + 15 feet = 45 feet ) / 18 inches = 30 blocks multiply by the number of coaches, 30 x 9 = 270 block minus 2160 blocks = 1890 blocks in total.

5 trucks of sharp sand

Regards
Adeniyi

embarassed
HsLBroker:

The calculation

5 trucks of sharp sand

Regards
Adeniyi

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by ihedioramma: 8:53am On Aug 09, 2017
@HsLBroker, you are total wrong in numbers of block for one bag . 70 blocks for one bag of cement is bad, best is 36 to 40 that's what we use .

1 Like

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 9:03am On Aug 09, 2017
ihedioramma:
@HsLBroker, you are total wrong in numbers of block for one bag . 70 blocks for one bag of cement is bad, best is 36 to 40 that's what we use .
you can even use one bag for 20blocks, is your pocket that determine, this is for fence not building, but u will agreed that some people have benefited from this thread that is what matter the the rest is choice

3 Likes

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by ihedioramma: 9:09am On Aug 09, 2017
HsLBroker:
you can even use one bag for 20blocks, is your pocket that determine, this is for fence not building, but u will agreed that some people have benefited from this thread that is what matter the the rest is choice
I can't try it more than 36/40 blocks . please like how much can it cost to fens two plots of land (every thing)?
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 09, 2017
ihedioramma:
I can't try it more than 36/40 blocks . please like how much can it cost to fens two plots of land (every thing)?
it depend on choice and the scope of the land u are fencing, if u are using raft foundation for your fence and concrete pillars, you should budget like, N2.5m because you will buy granite, iron rod, planks, and carpenters will work, iron bender or welder will be pay, bricklayers will collect money for blinding, casting and setting blocks but if u are using block pillars then since you not buying granite, iron rod, planks and u are paying nobody expecting bricklayers for setting blocks then automatically you are sending less so like I earlier said all this is choices and your land, water lodge or swampy land u must use raft foundation and concrete pillars so your fence will not collapses, but if is a dry land then no point for wastage, no point using concrete pillars or raft foundation. All now is choice and pocket sizes

2 Likes

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by stanflex222(f): 9:29am On Aug 09, 2017
HsLBroker:
u are good .so on point..08030638304 WhatsApp me
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 09, 2017
stanflex222:
u are good .so on point..08030638304 WhatsApp me
copied u can remove your number now because of spam
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by ihedioramma: 9:40am On Aug 09, 2017
HsLBroker:
it depend on choice and the scope of the land u are fencing, if u are using raft foundation for your fence and concrete pillars, you should budget like, N2.5m because you will buy granite, iron rod, planks, and carpenters will work, iron bender or welder will be pay, bricklayers will collect money for blinding, casting and setting blocks but if u are using block pillars then since you not buying granite, iron rod, planks and u are paying nobody expecting bricklayers for setting blocks then automatically you are sending less so like I earlier said all this is choices and your land, water lodge or swampy land u must use raft foundation and concrete pillars so your fence will not collapses, but if is a dry land then no point for wastage, no point using concrete pillars or raft foundation. All now is choice and pocket sizes
Thank's . The land is good no water there . For one plot of land the blocks are down how much can it cost now ?
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 09, 2017
ihedioramma:
Thank's . The land is good no water there . For one plot of land the blocks are down how much can it cost now ?
workmanship N60per block for labour and bricklayer, N15per block for supervision, digging N45k, floor blinding N35k.

1 Like

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by ihedioramma: 10:31am On Aug 09, 2017
HsLBroker:
workmanship N60per block for labour and bricklayer, N15per block for supervision, digging N45k, floor blinding N35k.
Like how much it will cost me i have my block down with me, is other things total cost now will be how much ? 1500 blocks can it fens one plot of land ?
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 09, 2017
ihedioramma:
Like how much it will cost me i have my block down with me, is other things total cost now will be how much ?
how many blocks on site now
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by ihedioramma: 10:36am On Aug 09, 2017
HsLBroker:
how many blocks on site now
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 09, 2017
ihedioramma:
1500 blocks x N60 bricklayers and labor x N15 supervision plus N45k digging and N35k flooring blinding equal to N192, 500, you will provide us waters and settle omo onile
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by ihedioramma: 10:55am On Aug 09, 2017
HsLBroker:
1500 blocks x N60 bricklayers and labor x N15 supervision plus N45k digging and N35k flooring blinding equal to N192, 500, you will provide us waters and settle omo onile
Water yes but no omo onile . Thank's but is 1500 blocks small or ok ? i need it 8blocks from down to up ? .

1 Like

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 09, 2017
ihedioramma:
Water yes but no omo onile . Thank's but is 1500 blocks small or ok ? i need it 8blocks from down to up ? .
360 x 12 = 4320 ÷ 18 = 240 x 8 = 1920blocks, you need more 420blocks
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by ihedioramma: 11:36am On Aug 09, 2017
HsLBroker:
360 x 12 = 4320 ÷ 18 = 240 x 8 = 1920blocks, you need more 420blocks
Thank's . Can two million buld five rooms in a good land and is not in lagos ? .
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Rogbese(m): 11:43am On Aug 09, 2017
Hello all here.

I am about to buy an acre of land and would like an estimate of what it will cost to fence it.

I may reduce to 4 plots if the cost is too high so an estimate for 4 plots also would be very much appreciated.

Plot size is 60x100. Dry land. I have already concluded with the agent and I would really want to get it fenced as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 11:48am On Aug 09, 2017
ihedioramma:
Thank's . Can two million buld five rooms in a good land and is not in lagos ? .
but 2.8 to lintel with just one sitting. We would buy granite, iron rod, carpenters, iron bender, bricklayers and labourers will be paid, accommodation for workers inclusive, you will provide waters
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 09, 2017
Rogbese:
Hello all here.

I am about to buy an acre of land and would like an estimate of what it will cost to fence it.

I may reduce to 4 plots if the cost is too high so an estimate for 4 plots also would be very much appreciated.

Plot size is 60x100. Dry land. I have already concluded with the agent and I would really want to get it fenced as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance.
hello sir, water lodge/swampy land or dry land, you want concrete pillars or block pillars ?
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by ihedioramma: 12:06pm On Aug 09, 2017
HsLBroker:
but 2.8 to lintel with just one sitting. We would buy granite, iron rod, carpenters, iron bender, bricklayers and labourers will be paid, accommodation for workers inclusive, you will provide waters
So 2.8 will do it well? every thing o
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
ihedioramma:
So 2.8 will do it well? every thing o
yes to lintel
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Rogbese(m): 4:44pm On Aug 09, 2017
HsLBroker:
hello sir, water lodge/swampy land or dry land, you want concrete pillars or block pillars ?

Hello sir. The land is dry. What I want for now is to secure the land. Concrete pillars can be erected later abi?

You could give an estimate for both concrete and block pillars. Also for 4 plots of 60x100 and 6 plots of 60x100.

Thanks again for the assist.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 10, 2017
Rogbese:

Hello sir. The land is dry. What I want for now is to secure the land. Concrete pillars can be erected later abi?

You could give an estimate for both concrete and block pillars. Also for 4 plots of 60x100 and 6 plots of 60x100.

Thanks again for the assist.
this estimate is for block pillars I will base this fence on 9 courses, and it will be for the 6plots will be 760 ft in perimeters;

I assume three plots at the front and three plots at the back.

760 x 12 ÷ 18 = 506blocks x 9courses = 4,554blocks plus the blocks for the pillars.

506 ÷ 6 =84pillars x 9courses block =756blocks + 4554blocks= 5310blocks.

Because you are using block pillars we would estimate 50blocks to one bag of cement that is 106bags.

46bags for floor blinding

80 tons of sharp sand

20 ton of plaster sand

30 tonnes of granite

Water and tank

Workmanship (Bricklayers, Labor, Supervision and floor casting) N488, 250

1 Like

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Appdriod: 7:25pm On Aug 21, 2017
HsLBroker
This seem to be the most useful thing I found on nairaland!
So practical man!
Please where are you?

Need material quantity for a project.
Line of stores each store is 10X12 feet
And it's a one storey building
The top won't have any demacartions, it will cover a 64 x 12 peice of land.
At one end of the line of stores is a 14feet gate, which will become like a tunnel.

Here is a rough sketch.

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 9:03pm On Aug 21, 2017
Appdriod:
HsLBroker
This seem to be the most useful thing I found on nairaland!
So practical man!
Please where are you?

Need material quantity for a project.
Line of stores each store is 10X12 feet
And it's a one storey building
The top won't have any demacartions, it will cover a 64 x 12 peice of land.
At one end of the line of stores is a 14feet gate, which will become like a tunnel.

Here is a rough sketch.
I will carefully study and revert. Thank u saw your message on Whatsapp too
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Appdriod: 6:39am On Aug 22, 2017
HsLBroker:
I will carefully study and revert. Thank u saw your message on Whatsapp too

Thanks alot.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by filcast(m): 10:30am On Aug 27, 2017
Dear Hslbroker,
Thanks for the wonderful contributions.
Pls kindly assist with the detailed requirements to fence a land (plus gate) with the following attributes:
Perimeter - 227meters
Pillar type - concrete
No of coaches - 11

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (35) (Reply)

Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Best Of Price On Tiles,water Closet,pipes And Fitting Free Home Delivery / Archetect/builder Modern House Designs With Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.