Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,142 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:58 AM

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence (205419 Views)

Number Of Blocks / Calculation Of Total Number Of Blocks For A Particular Building / Guide To Home Painting: Calculating Volume Of Paint Needed For Your Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by ajbabs(m): 11:58am On Apr 27, 2016
[quote author=HsLBroker post=44481412][/quote]You are wonderful
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 27, 2016
point4u:
Thanks HSLBroker you have indeed enlighten me on how to go about it. Can same measurement go for a 110 by 60
you are welcome, no but calculating it is very simple
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by ajbabs(m): 12:00pm On Apr 27, 2016
HsLBroker:
Thanks alot
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by klebson(m): 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
segzy14:

thanks for teaching nairalanders this, i also have my own formular that i use too
could you also share it with us... there's always room for additional knowledge. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 27, 2016
ajbabs:
Thanks alot
u welcome
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by harizonal123(m): 12:15pm On Apr 27, 2016
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Ezedon(m): 12:20pm On Apr 27, 2016
Op u didn't consider mortar thickness that will reduce the number of blocks, and u can't bill the labour base on the number of blocks, cus the ones you cut to make it up will also be counted on the same price, so don't bill based on the number of blocks u have

2 Likes

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by igbsam(m): 12:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
following

1 Like

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by 4nobody4every1: 12:27pm On Apr 27, 2016
cool
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by undigeh: 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2016
HsLBroker:
The Simplest Way To Calculate The Numbers Of Blocks U Need For Your Fence

for your pillars between the fence, let assume 6 blocks far from the next pillar, that means 6 divide by 240 which is 40 pillars, 1 bag of cement to 2 pillars standard, that is 17 bags plus 40 bags that is 47 bags is need by me to do this fence, if i'm in position and you should also to add 15 bags for floor blinding of the fence making 62 bags of cement.

Observation.
1 bag of cement to 2 pillars standard,
for 40 pillars is 40รท2= 20bags not 17 bags.
Where does the 40 bags you added to the 17bags come from?

1 Like

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Ombudsman123: 12:35pm On Apr 27, 2016
Great article, well analysed.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2016
Chalatanace:
Thanks @OP. I have never seen such of this post on NL before. grin
you welcome sir
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 12:36pm On Apr 27, 2016
Ombudsman123:
Great article, well analysed.
thanks you sir
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by noblebaba: 12:37pm On Apr 27, 2016
Remember its not everybody that use concrete for pillars because of the cost of reinforcement bars and planks so u have to double 6" blocks and if u use 9" blk u have to calculate for the pillars if not there will be block shortage

1 Like

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 27, 2016
Ezedon:
Op u didn't consider mortar thickness that will reduce the number of blocks, and u can't bill the labour base on the number of blocks, cus the ones you cut to make it up will also be counted on the same price, so don't bill based on the number of blocks u have
my bricklayers know me very well any block divide into two is automatically giving to me as bonus.

1 Like

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by noblebaba: 12:43pm On Apr 27, 2016
Remember the mortal joints too ,u need to less it too calculating in meters gives u accurate nos cos 2 blocks per meter has taken care of motar joints
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 12:48pm On Apr 27, 2016
noblebaba:
Remember its not everybody that use concrete for pillars because of the cost of reinforcement bars and planks so u have to double 6" blocks and if u use 9" blk u have to calculate for the pillars if not there will be block shortage
that will be fence owner decision and it can also be easily calculated.

1 Like

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by ronald4lif(m): 12:52pm On Apr 27, 2016
Really enlightening. Thanks.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by godello: 12:56pm On Apr 27, 2016
Nice.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by santuse: 12:58pm On Apr 27, 2016
HsLBroker:

The simplest way to calculate the numbers of blocks you need for your fence project, assuming you are fencing a land measuring 120 feet by 60 ft, a standard plot

This calculation is based on 9 inches block fence .
The measurement we are using is 120 ft (length) and since we have two lengths that is multiply by 2 which is 240 ft. (120 x 2) = 240

The breadth is 60 ft and also since we have 2 breadths that equal 120 ft (60 x 2) = 120
Then (240 + 120) that is 360 feet perimeter line fencing.

The calculation

(we are to convert this 360 feet to inches ) since a foot is 12 inches , now let us multiply 12 inches by 360 ft which is 4320 inches.

Now to get the line numbers of blocks that will go around the fence perimeters of 4320 inches or 360 feet, we would need to divide 4320 by 18 inches, since the length of any block be it 6 inches or 9 inches is 18inches.

Now 4320 inches divide by 18 inches is approximately 240 line of blocks , then we must multiply that by the numbers of coaches of blocks you want for your height, assuming 7 ft which is 9 coaches that means 240 multiply by 9 which is 2160 blocks and that is all you need anything aside from this is fake and fraud, this calculation is derive by me professionally and i have been using it without any mistake, but always remember to add 10 % of blocks to it because of broken blocks, and for this work, you only need 30 bags of cements, one bag of cement to 70 blocks, is standard.

for your pillars between the fence, let assume 6 blocks far from the next pillar, that means 6 divide by 240 which is 40 pillars, 1 bag of cement to 2 pillars standard, that is 17 bags plus 40 bags that is 47 bags is need by me to do this fence, if i'm in position and you should also to add 15 bags for floor blinding of the fence making 62 bags of cement.

Then, we need to minus the gate and the pillars that are also taking space in the fence.

The gate is 12 ft, let us assume the gate columns or pillars is 14 inches each, we have 2 pillars holding the gate, that is 28 inches or 2. 4 feet plus 12 feet that is 14.4 feet or approximately 15 feet.

Remember we already calculate the pillars that 40 pillars is need for the measurement.

Each pillar or column for 9 inches concrete is 9 inches square, 9 x 40 = 360 inches that is (30 feet + 15 feet = 45 feet ) / 18 inches = 30 blocks multiply by the number of coaches, 30 x 9 = 270 block minus 2160 blocks = 1890 blocks in total.

40 lengths of 12mm iron rod, since one pillar is equivalent to 1 length.

3 lengths of 16mm iron rod for the 2 big pillars holding the gate.

90 planks of soft wood for the framing.

1 truck of granite (granite would be use for the wall foundation and columns)

5 trucks of sharp sand

Thanks for the opportunity giving me to explain this simple arithmetic.

Regards
Adeniyi

Thanks op
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by shezinton(m): 12:59pm On Apr 27, 2016
D granite and the shaarp sand....hw maany ton
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 1:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
santuse:

Thanks op
you welcome sir.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by pat077: 1:08pm On Apr 27, 2016
9nice thread.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by ibietela2(m): 1:09pm On Apr 27, 2016
HsLBroker:

The simplest way to calculate the numbers of blocks you need for your fence project, assuming you are fencing a land measuring 120 feet by 60 ft, a standard plot

The measurement we are using is 120 ft (length) and since we have two lengths that is multiply by 2 which is 240 ft. (120 x 2) = 240

The breadth is 60 ft and also since we have 2 breadths that equal 120 ft (60 x 2) = 120

The calculation

(we are to convert this 360 feet to inches ) since a foot is 12 inches , now let us multiply 12 inches by 360 ft which is 4320 inches.

Now to get the line numbers of blocks that will go around the fence perimeters of 4320 inches or 360 feet, we would need to divide 4320 by 18 inches, since the length of any block be it 6 inches or 9 inches is 18inches.

Now 4320 inches divide by 18 inches is approximately 240 line of blocks , then we must multiply that by the numbers of coaches of blocks you want for your height, assuming 7 ft which is 9 coaches that means 240 multiply by 9 which is 2160 blocks and that is all you need anything aside from this is fake and fraud, this calculation is derive by me professionally and i have been using it without any mistake, but always remember to add 10 % of blocks to it because of broken blocks, and for this work, you only need 30 bags of cements, one bag of cement to 70 blocks, is standard.

Then, we need to minus the gate and the pillars that are also taking space in the fence.

The gate is 12 ft, let us assume the gate columns or pillars is 14 inches each, we have 2 pillars holding the gate, that is 28 inches or 2. 4 feet plus 12 feet that is 14.4 feet or approximately 15 feet.

Remember we already calculate the pillars that 40 pillars is need for the measurement.

Each pillar or column for 9 inches concrete is 9 inches square, 9 x 40 = 360 inches that is (30 feet + 15 feet = 45 feet ) / 18 inches = 30 blocks multiply by the number of coaches, 30 x 9 = 270 block minus 2160 blocks = 1890 blocks in total.

5 trucks of sharp sand

Regards
Adeniyi

Nice calculations.......

How many blocks can be gotten from 1 bag of clement? This will be used for the house o. So it should be solid and no much sand.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by 55Degrees: 1:22pm On Apr 27, 2016
Some people understand measurement in meters.

I want to solve the number of blocks required to fence a perimeter wall in meters.

1. The standard plot is 60 ft by 120 ft which translates to 18 m by 36 m
2. The perimeter will be equals to 36 + 36 (the long side) and 18 + 14 (width) considering 4 m is removed for gate
3. The total length of the perimeter we want to wall in meters is 104 meters
4. The length of 6" or 9" blocks is 18 inches
5. One foot = 12ft = 30cm. Therefore, The length of a block is 45cm or 0.45m
6. We proceed by dividing the length 104 meters by 0.45m

7. The answer is 231 blocks per level.
8. 231 multiplied by 9 line of blocks equals 2079 blocks.

If your fence is going to higher than line 9 lines of blocks, you can multiply accordingly

In real life situations, blocks are laid by a concept called locking. They don't just put one block on top of another.
It is laid that way to ensure strength and stability.

That is why some blocks will be broken when they are laying them.

The rule for pillar placement in perimeter fence is after every 3 meters.

Roughly, you can have 36 pillars for your fence.

Each pillar size is typically 225 mm by 225 mm. This is half size of a block

But it is good practice to allow for wastage & breaking of materials. So ordering additional 10% material is not out of place.

Thanks

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by 55Degrees: 1:24pm On Apr 27, 2016
One foot equals 12 inches. or 1 foot.

Please note. Thanks
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 1:26pm On Apr 27, 2016
ibietela2:

Nice calculations.......

How many blocks can be gotten from 1 bag of clement? This will be used for the house o. So it should be solid and no much sand.

Thanks
moulding blocks right, if so are moulding 6" inches or 9inches and is for blocking shocking let me know, thanks

1 Like

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by mamajaz(f): 1:29pm On Apr 27, 2016
HsLBroker:
you welcome sir, I will do that probably before next week, i'm at ikorodu now, roofing a nairalander house.
picture bro
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by oglalasioux(m): 1:43pm On Apr 27, 2016
HsLBroker:

The calculation

5 trucks of sharp sand

Regards
Adeniyi

Good but come up with a formula for simple calculations. Your method is good but mere conjectures. You have to simplify the method into a formula to make it beautiful. Thanks though.

2 Likes

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by ibietela2(m): 2:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
HsLBroker:
moulding blocks right, if so are moulding 6" inches or 9inches and is for blocking shocking let me know, thanks

I don't know if it's 6 or 9 inches but it's going to be used for the main building.

Just want to know how many blocks 9 or 6 that can be gotten from a bag of cement
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by greatiyk4u(m): 2:34pm On Apr 27, 2016
This is a nice guide to educated Clients but not for professional, academic and research purposes....

All those assumptions you called standard are by mere intuition and not standard by any BS CODE.

Well try
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by theV0ice: 2:38pm On Apr 27, 2016
HsLBroker:

The calculation

5 trucks of sharp sand

Regards
Adeniyi

Thanks a lot man.

Bookmarked for future reference

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (35) (Reply)

Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Best Of Price On Tiles,water Closet,pipes And Fitting Free Home Delivery / Archetect/builder Modern House Designs With Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.