Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:08 AM

Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence - Properties (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence (205394 Views)

Number Of Blocks / Calculation Of Total Number Of Blocks For A Particular Building / Guide To Home Painting: Calculating Volume Of Paint Needed For Your Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 10:29am On May 20, 2016
HsLBroker:
Current price

2 x 2 @ N250 per rate

2 x 3 @ N350 per rate

2 x 4 @ N450 per rate

2 x 6 @ N650 per rate

3 x 4 @ N650 per rate

1 x 12 @ N1500 per rate
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by jiobestfarms: 2:33pm On May 25, 2016
Hslbroker Can Please Give An Estimate Of What It Will Take To Fence 15hectares of land measuring 100 by 100, The Height Should Be 9course High With Pillar In Between 12ft Of The Fence. Both Amount Of Rods Needed. Thanks In Advance
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 9:23am On May 26, 2016
jiobestfarms:
Hslbroker Can Please Give An Estimate Of What It Will Take To Fence 15hectares of land measuring 100 by 100, The Height Should Be 9course High With Pillar In Between 12ft Of The Fence. Both Amount Of Rods Needed. Thanks In Advance
send an email to lifelightproperties@gmail.com, with subject: estimate for fencing 15hectares of land, I will reply you with the quote, regards, Adeniyi.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 5:41am On May 30, 2016
[quote author=HsLBroker post=45795043][/quote]
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by ricki: 8:56am On May 30, 2016
hsl do you do contract work

i have a fence job in ibadan i want done within 2 weeks. pls reply asap
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by eluquenson(m): 9:31am On May 30, 2016
This your calculation is really useful and accurate.
Thanks as i just used it on my foundation project.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 30, 2016
eluquenson:
This your calculation is really useful and accurate.
Thanks as i just used it on my foundation project.
correct
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 30, 2016
ricki:
hsl do you do contract work

i have a fence job in ibadan i want done within 2 weeks. pls reply asap
yes
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by ricki: 8:17pm On May 30, 2016
HsLBroker:
yes
#

So..... the land is 100x50 and i want it finished under 2weeks. so give us the extimate. plus gate metal ofcourse
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 30, 2016
ricki:
#

So..... the land is 100x50 and i want it finished under 2weeks. so give us the extimate. plus gate metal ofcourse
please send an email to lifelightproperties@gmail.com, I will reply you with your quote, regards
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 30, 2016
HsLBroker:
The Simplest Way To Calculate The Numbers Of Blocks U Need For Your Fence

The simplest way to calculate the numbers of blocks you need for your fence project, assuming you are fencing a land measuring 120 feet by 60 ft, a standard plot

This calculation is based on 9 inches block fence .
The measurement we are using is 120 ft (length) and since we have two lengths that is multiply by 2 which is 240 ft. (120 x 2) = 240

The breadth is 60 ft and also since we have 2 breadths that equal 120 ft (60 x 2) = 120
Then (240 + 120) that is 360 feet perimeter line fencing.

The calculation

(we are to convert this 360 feet to inches ) since a foot is 12 inches , now let us multiply 12 inches by 360 ft which is 4320 inches.

Now to get the line numbers of blocks that will go around the fence perimeters of 4320 inches or 360 feet, we would need to divide 4320 by 18 inches, since the length of any block be it 6 inches or 9 inches is 18inches.

Now 4320 inches divide by 18 inches is approximately 240 line of blocks , then we must multiply that by the numbers of coaches of blocks you want for your height, assuming 7 ft which is 9 coaches that means 240 multiply by 9 which is 2160 blocks and that is all you need anything aside from this is fake and fraud, this calculation is derive by me professionally and i have been using it without any mistake, but always remember to add 10 % of blocks to it because of broken blocks, and for this work, you only need 30 bags of cements, one bag of cement to 70 blocks, is standard.

for your pillars between the fence, let assume 6 blocks far from the next pillar, that means 6 divide by 240 which is 40 pillars, 1 bag of cement to 2 pillars standard, that is 17 bags plus 40 bags that is 47 bags is need by me to do this fence, if i'm in position and you should also to add 15 bags for floor blinding of the fence making 62 bags of cement.

Then, we need to minus the gate and the pillars that are also taking space in the fence.

The gate is 12 ft, let us assume the gate columns or pillars is 14 inches each, we have 2 pillars holding the gate, that is 28 inches or 2. 4 feet plus 12 feet that is 14.4 feet or approximately 15 feet.

Remember we already calculate the pillars that 40 pillars is need for the measurement.

Each pillar or column for 9 inches concrete is 9 inches square, 9 x 40 = 360 inches that is (30 feet + 15 feet = 45 feet ) / 18 inches = 30 blocks multiply by the number of coaches, 30 x 9 = 270 block minus 2160 blocks = 1890 blocks in total.

40 lengths of 12mm iron rod, since one pillar is equivalent to 1 length.

3 lengths of 16mm iron rod for the 2 big pillars holding the gate.

90 planks of soft wood for the framing.

1 truck of granite (granite would be use for the wall foundation and columns)

5 trucks of sharp sand

Thanks for the opportunity giving me to explain this simple arithmetic.

Regards
Adeniyi

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by ricki: 8:56am On May 31, 2016
phemyfo@gmail.com
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 7:35am On Jun 01, 2016
ricki:
phemyfo@gmail.com
check your email
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jun 01, 2016
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by mrinsurer: 9:31pm On Jun 01, 2016
Formwork by Fyncorp
Formwork by Fyncorp is an innovative technology for concrete forming and curing.
USES AND APPLICATION
1. Raft foundation
2. Drainage construction
3. Swimming pool construction
4.Underground septic tank construction
5.Culvert and bridge construction
6.Pillars,Columns and
ADVANTAGES
1.Speed: Quickens construction time i.e the formwork can be fixed the same day and concrete poured the same.
2.Cheaper :60% cheaper than conventional wooden formwork i.e no wood,no nail,,no binding wire, no workmanship for carpentry work.
3.Durable:Allows for vibration and compression
4. Neater: No concrete spill,smoother surface when compared to conventional woodwork
RENTAL COST: N2,500 per pair (8ft by 2 ft)
For enquiries contact:
Fycorp Limited
Ajah,Lagos
Email: fyncorp.info@gmail.com

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jun 02, 2016
Ok
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by olawale100: 2:20pm On Jun 02, 2016
Nice form work.

Can you post the pictures after the steel frame was removed?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 12:28am On Jun 03, 2016
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 7:56am On Jun 03, 2016
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by mrinsurer: 8:29am On Jun 03, 2016
Fyncorp formwork result..no concrete spill and zero wastage ..and don't forget..its cost effective.

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jun 03, 2016
mrinsurer:
Fyncorp formwork result..no concrete spill and zero wastage ..and don't forget..its cost effective.
look good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by mufutau55(m): 7:37pm On Jun 03, 2016
mrinsurer:

Very, very good.

Hajji M.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 05, 2016
mufutau55:

Very, very good.

Hajji M.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 2:13am On Jun 11, 2016
HsLBroker:
correct
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 15, 2016
HsLBroker:

The simplest way to calculate the numbers of blocks you need for your fence project, assuming you are fencing a land measuring 120 feet by 60 ft, a standard plot

The measurement we are using is 120 ft (length) and since we have two lengths that is multiply by 2 which is 240 ft. (120 x 2) = 240

The breadth is 60 ft and also since we have 2 breadths that equal 120 ft (60 x 2) = 120

The calculation

(we are to convert this 360 feet to inches ) since a foot is 12 inches , now let us multiply 12 inches by 360 ft which is 4320 inches.

Now to get the line numbers of blocks that will go around the fence perimeters of 4320 inches or 360 feet, we would need to divide 4320 by 18 inches, since the length of any block be it 6 inches or 9 inches is 18inches.

Now 4320 inches divide by 18 inches is approximately 240 line of blocks , then we must multiply that by the numbers of coaches of blocks you want for your height, assuming 7 ft which is 9 coaches that means 240 multiply by 9 which is 2160 blocks and that is all you need anything aside from this is fake and fraud, this calculation is derive by me professionally and i have been using it without any mistake, but always remember to add 10 % of blocks to it because of broken blocks, and for this work, you only need 30 bags of cements, one bag of cement to 70 blocks, is standard.

for your pillars between the fence, let assume 6 blocks far from the next pillar, that means 6 divide by 240 which is 40 pillars, 1 bag of cement to 2 pillars standard, that is 17 bags plus 40 bags that is 47 bags is need by me to do this fence, if i'm in position and you should also to add 15 bags for floor blinding of the fence making 62 bags of cement.

Then, we need to minus the gate and the pillars that are also taking space in the fence.

The gate is 12 ft, let us assume the gate columns or pillars is 14 inches each, we have 2 pillars holding the gate, that is 28 inches or 2. 4 feet plus 12 feet that is 14.4 feet or approximately 15 feet.

Remember we already calculate the pillars that 40 pillars is need for the measurement.

Each pillar or column for 9 inches concrete is 9 inches square, 9 x 40 = 360 inches that is (30 feet + 15 feet = 45 feet ) / 18 inches = 30 blocks multiply by the number of coaches, 30 x 9 = 270 block minus 2160 blocks = 1890 blocks in total.

5 trucks of sharp sand

Regards
Adeniyi

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 11:44am On Jun 19, 2016
HsLBroker:

The simplest way to calculate the numbers of blocks you need for your fence project, assuming you are fencing a land measuring 120 feet by 60 ft, a standard plot.

The calculation

5 trucks of sharp sand

Regards
Adeniyi

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 20, 2016
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by NaMe4: 6:13pm On Jun 26, 2016
HsLBroker, Good evening. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.

Thanks a lot for your knowledge which you have shared.

I'm a bit confused. I think all fences usually have foundations. I think about 1.9ft deep.

The 9 coaches, does it include those in the foundation? Also, is mortar poured into the foundation or the ground is just covered up after setting the two coaches in the (ground) foundation? Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by mufutau55(m): 8:22pm On Jun 26, 2016
NaMe4:
HsLBroker, Good evening. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
Thanks a lot for your knowledge which you have shared.

I'm a bit confused. I think all fences usually have foundations. I think about 1.9ft deep.

The 9 coaches, does it include those in the foundation? Also, is mortar poured into the foundation or the ground is just covered up after setting the two coaches in the (ground) foundation? Thanks.

It will be ridiculous for any bricklayer not to blind (pouring concrete mortar with granites or gravel) on the ground of the fence foundations before laying the blocks. Usually one block should be underneath the ground level, in a very good solid soil. But me I be novice o.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by NaMe4: 8:51pm On Jun 26, 2016
mufutau55:

It will be ridiculous for any bricklayer not to blind (pouring concrete mortar with granites or gravel) on the ground the fence foundations before laying the blocks. Usually one block should be underneath the ground level, in a very good solid soil. But me I be novice o.

Hajji M.

Lol. Me sef dey learn o. Just a rough guide for estimates.

I guess estimates for blinding was not included in the OP's earlier calculations. Cos it seems the gravel, cement and sharp sand he estimated were for the pillars only.

If so, how can on estimate for blinding? Thanks.
Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 27, 2016
mufutau55:

It will be ridiculous for any bricklayer not to blind (pouring concrete mortar with granites or gravel) on the ground the fence foundations before laying the blocks. Usually one block should be underneath the ground level, in a very good solid soil. But me I be novice o.

Hajji M.

you are correct Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: Calculating The Numbers Of Blocks You Need For Your Fence by Nobody: 6:59am On Jun 27, 2016
NaMe4:

Lol. Me sef dey learn o. Just a rough guide for estimates.

I guess estimates for blinding was not included in the OP's earlier calculations. Cos it seems the gravel, cement and sharp sand he estimated were for the pillars only.

If so, how can on estimate for blinding? Thanks.
read the guide article again, you will discover I quoted 15bags of cement for floor blinding. Ok

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (35) (Reply)

Parapet, Concrete Fascia, and other roofing styles. / Best Of Price On Tiles,water Closet,pipes And Fitting Free Home Delivery / Archetect/builder Modern House Designs With Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.