Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,399 members, 7,853,773 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:53 PM

Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way (1173 Views)

See What This Igbo Boy Wrote On Facebook About Yorubas And Hausas. / Photo/video: 13yr Old Igbo Boy Builds Fully Motorized Pail Loader & Truck / See What An Igbo Boy Invented! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by tzoracle: 12:22am On Jan 16, 2015
Over the past few years and elections gone bye,I have been an ardent supporter of a political candidate not because of what he can do for the country in general but for his religious and tribal origins. If I'm alone in this myopic thought of mine let me turn into a butterfly.(God 4bid)
2015 elections is just by the way and anywhere you are as an igbo be you male or female,everyone feels that the right thing to do is to vote gej less some exceptions.
This is where the igbo as a race need to get wiser and look 'beyond what the eye can see'.
They said I should vote jonathan his name is ebele and he answers azikiwe(only during elections) he is an igbo man,he means well for the igbo race.
NSI-EFI (bullcrap).people from the south-south always denying that they aren't and have no ties to the igbos yet this time around what happens,we are now brothers 'anyi bu ezi nwanne' why is this,they now need our votes to help one of their own to power. As a hater of politics I don't usually follow all the mumbo-jumbo but where is the 2nd niger bridge he promised,where is the power,where is EVIDENT job creation,I know they would come and start quoting links upon links of jobs created promises made that don't usually translate to what's on ground. When the civil war was being fought how many niger deltans picked up arms and fought with us for a better tomorrow? Now they are crying it is our oil,give us power or we would stop production. If they had joined the biafran struggle with the amount of oil not just in south south alone but also in the south east biafra would be up there with the likes of dubai even if there is the amount of corruption we have now,but no they staid while we were slaughtered. Starved and given 50£(or so),even if you we're worth billions before the war nobody cared. Anybody calling jonathan an igbo man is laying a huge insult on the head of our dead heroes,and yet we are easily swayed and manipulated with tribal sentiments

putting aside the matter of jonathan,some people say the igbo people are shallow minded and tribalistic in going to vote for jonathan but truth be told why won't we ?
What the south-south has don't to an igbo man is just a fraction of what the north in general has done and would still continue to do. If a close look is taking it would be seen that the yourubas and northeners are at it again,but unlike the last time the yoruba man doesn't want to take a back seat.after the death of over 4million igbo people in the civil war,just because we damanded our sovereignty we were massacred by a millitary in which buhari was a part and parcel and yet he expexcts my vote in good conscience as an igbo man chukwu ekwekwana ihe ojo. Whenever has the north made the interest of the igbo man a matter to them yet they want our votes

The moment the igbo man realises that nigeria must continue to be polarised until a generation devoid of past bitterness rises that moment we would be freed of our shackles,playing into the hands of elders who are just there for their own political gain
My 2 cents: don't vote anyone in just because he is a southerner or hate someone because he is a northerner,vote who affects your needs personally,none of them deserve our votes based on ordinary sentiment so we should look beyond that,if you vote jonathan and you would be made an aide or whatever vote him,if you vote gmb and you would gain millions vote him,they are all the same each man looking our for the best interest of his tribe and so should we
#halfofayellowsun

if you insult me ike gi agba uka,its none of my business I won't reply you its a free world

1 Like

Re: Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by eaglechild: 12:25am On Jan 16, 2015
You really should go to bed now.

It is way past your bed time.

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by tzoracle: 12:31am On Jan 16, 2015
eaglechild:
You really should go to bed now.

It is way past your bed time.

And how sure are u its night were I am
S.m.h
Re: Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by kestolove95(m): 12:35am On Jan 16, 2015
Op no vex..bt rochas nd ngige donn talk am..igbos ar dia own problems
Re: Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by tzoracle: 12:40am On Jan 16, 2015
kestolove95:
Op no vex..bt rochas nd ngige donn talk am..igbos ar dia own problems

Their own generation,I feel that the youths are coming together for a desired shift
Re: Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by kestolove95(m): 12:58am On Jan 16, 2015
tzoracle:

Their own generation,I feel that the youths are coming together for a desired shift
betr bt d love u peop hv for gej true d power of his moni I dnt tink wat rochass sae will cum to pas
Re: Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by tzoracle: 1:03am On Jan 16, 2015
kestolove95:
betr bt d love u peop hv for gej true d power of his moni I dnt tink wat rochass sae will cum to pas

We love gej u think?
Try and talk to any catholic who listen to father mbaka's sermons most of them are pro buhari
We igbos' are easily swayed
Re: Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by lacasa: 2:05am On Jan 16, 2015
Igbos reminiscing and blaming others for every grey turn in their present, past and future.

Always looking at it from an "Igbos" point of view and they claim Northerners and South Westerners are in some kind of secret connivance to undermine the Igbo people.

That's why I respect "ZIK" he was a diamond in the rough

#Gmb/Pyo2015
Re: Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:20am On Jan 16, 2015
Op I hope you've bought your handkerchief.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by tzoracle: 2:59am On Jan 16, 2015
lacasa:
Igbos reminiscing and blaming others for every grey turn in their present, past and future.

Always looking at it from an "Igbos" point of view and they claim Northerners and South Westerners are in some kind of secret connivance to undermine the Igbo people.

That's why I respect "ZIK" he was a diamond in the rough

#Gmb/Pyo2015

You cannot have democracy in a third world country..something people find it hard to understand
Re: Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by tzoracle: 3:00am On Jan 16, 2015
Sunnybobo3:
Op I hope you've bought your handkerchief.

Yes of course,it's harmattan
Do you expect me to blow my nose on my hands?
Re: Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by Nobody: 3:12am On Jan 16, 2015
OP, support Jonathan or whoever but be rest assured that the issue of Biafra is a no-no in the Niger Delta. While we support your course for self-determination of your fate, we should also remind you that the Niger Deltans through an Ijaw-man and a legend per excellence led the first secessionist movement in 1966. That was the Niger Delta Republic, which was for the Niger Deltans/Ijaws. We want our our republic as at then, it was crushed by an Igbo Head of State named Gen JTY Ironsi. We didn't blame anybod. When you declared your Biafra, we never opposed you but opposed our inclusion to your Biafran movement and fought against it gallantly. Like I earlier said, support Jonathan or whoever, it is not my business but stop making it look like its a favor to the SS. It is not! After all, Igbos have never been against an incumbent. That is a fact!

I wish you well

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by tzoracle: 3:28am On Jan 16, 2015
barcanista:
OP, support Jonathan or whoever but be rest assured that the issue of Biafra is a no-no in the Niger Delta. While we support your course for self-determination of your fate, we should also remind you that the Niger Deltans through an Ijaw-man and a legend per excellence led the first secessionist movement in 1966. That was the Niger Delta Republic, which was for the Niger Deltans/Ijaws. We want our our republic as at then, it was crushed by an Igbo Head of State named Gen JTY Ironsi. We didn't blame anybod. When you declared your Biafra, we never opposed you but opposed our inclusion to your Biafran movement and fought against it gallantly. Like I earlier said, support Jonathan or whoever, it is not my business but stop making it look like its a favor to the SS. It is not! After all, Igbos have never been against an incumbent. That is a fact!

Igbos' have never been against an incumbent: abacha,obasanjo he rigged his way thru,how do you think andy and chris uba became relevant?
Igbos head of stopped quenched seccesh movement: any casualties ?
And yes its a favour if we support him cos if we don't (father mbaka already doing that) who would deliver him votes polarized north,west or south-south,what you don't know igbos' vote in block

#half of a yellow sun
Re: Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by Nobody: 3:45am On Jan 16, 2015
tzoracle:
Please modify your comment appropriately...
Re: Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by kokoA(m): 3:46am On Jan 16, 2015
I'm sorry but Igbos do no have a mind of their own, they support any government in power. When Buhari becomes president come may 29th 2015, igbo elders will be the first to pay him a congratulatory visit, igbo governors will be the first to decamp to the new party in power, they will trace GMB's family tree up any level to tell the world how one of his great great grand uncles was married to an igbo woman from Arondizogwu.. grin
Re: Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by tzoracle: 3:46am On Jan 16, 2015
barcanista:
Please modify your comment appropriately...
Done
Re: Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by tzoracle: 3:50am On Jan 16, 2015
kokoA:
I'm sorry but Igbos do no have a mind of their own, they support any government in power. When Buhari becomes president come may 29th 2015, igbo elders will be the first to pay him a congratulatory visit, igbo governors will be the first to decamp to the new party in power, they will trace GMB's family tree up any level to tell the world how one of his great great grand uncles was married to an igbo woman from Arondizogwu.. grin

My brother the igbo man has no spokesman our leades are only after their pockets ana ele anyi kobo n'afu inasmuch I have my problems with the yorubas and northeners one thing I admire is unity they do both right and wrong together and that's what igbo youths of today are gearing up for.
Re: Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by Nobody: 4:26am On Jan 16, 2015
tzoracle:

Igbos' have never been against an incumbent: abacha,obasanjo he rigged his way thru,how do you think andy and chris uba became relevant?
Igbos head of stopped quenched seccesh movement: any casualties ?
And yes its a favour if we support him cos if we don't (father mbaka already doing that) who would deliver him votes polarized north,west or south-south,what you don't know igbos' vote in block

#half of a yellow sun

One million march for abacha : Daniel Kanu
Ojukwu supported Abacha too : http://www.gamji.com/article1000/NEWS1690.htm (He was in Washington DC in 1995, convincing his fellow kinsmen to support Abacha)

excerpts

[b]Ojukwu's recent presence in the Washington DC area did not inspire much enthusiasm within the Igbo community. The Igbo's earlier perception of him was shaped through the distorted prisms of the Biafran propaganda. The Biafran propaganda apotheosized him, so, in the Igbo minds, he became something of a deity, an invaluable political asset. But, over the years, he proved himself a political profligate, improvidently spending his political capital. His repeated political blunders, especially, that his infamous waltz with Sani Abacha demystified and stripped him of much of his political legitimacy. It left him devoid of any political good will, except for the lingering grip of the Biafran propaganda on some Igbo minds.

As an emissary of the Abacha government, he was in Washington DC. His mission then was to burnish the badly blemished image of the Abacha government, evidently for a consideration. It was 1995, and he stood before an exclusively Igbo audience. As usual, he was a riveting presence: a consummate orator, a captivating demagogue. With credulous and adoring listeners, he was spouting some half truths, twisted facts and some downright falsehood; and his audience in their gullibility were applauding. That forum reinforced my earlier conviction that the problem with politicians is that they generally lie too much, that the problem with their following is that they barely think, and that it is the volatile mix of these two worrisome realities that has brought the world most of its political calamities.
[/b]
Re: Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by tzoracle: 4:48am On Jan 16, 2015
missyAL:

One million march for abacha : Daniel Kanu
Ojukwu supported Abacha too : http://www.gamji.com/article1000/NEWS1690.htm (He was in Washington DC in 1995, convincing his fellow kinsmen to support Abacha)

excerpts

[b]Ojukwu's recent presence in the Washington DC area did not inspire much enthusiasm within the Igbo community. The Igbo's earlier perception of him was shaped through the distorted prisms of the Biafran propaganda. The Biafran propaganda apotheosized him, so, in the Igbo minds, he became something of a deity, an invaluable political asset. But, over the years, he proved himself a political profligate, improvidently spending his political capital. His repeated political blunders, especially, that his infamous waltz with Sani Abacha demystified and stripped him of much of his political legitimacy. It left him devoid of any political good will, except for the lingering grip of the Biafran propaganda on some Igbo minds.

As an emissary of the Abacha government, he was in Washington DC. His mission then was to burnish the badly blemished image of the Abacha government, evidently for a consideration. It was 1995, and he stood before an exclusively Igbo audience. As usual, he was a riveting presence: a consummate orator, a captivating demagogue. With credulous and adoring listeners, he was spouting some half truths, twisted facts and some downright falsehood; and his audience in their gullibility were applauding. That forum reinforced my earlier conviction that the problem with politicians is that they generally lie too much, that the problem with their following is that they barely think, and that it is the volatile mix of these two worrisome realities that has brought the world most of its political calamities

But, over the years, he proved himself a political profligate, improvidently spending his political capital'
This is what you quoted right?,it was during a war time people were disorientated any intelligent person can make himself seem like a beacon of hope only later does the true colour reveal itself it's not something particular to the igbo race.
And besides there were people of other major tribes who supported abacha did they speak for the whole tribe. Do your research well.

[/quote]
Re: Thoughts Of An Igbo Boy:2015 The Way by tzoracle: 4:57am On Jan 16, 2015
Off to work
Lata folks

(1) (Reply)

GMB Surpasses GEJ on Twitter barely 1 month After / Ambode Promises To Build 'world Class Stadium' In Ajegunle / President Jonathan And PDP Booed At Kaduna Rally And Other Rally (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.