Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

thank you - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / thank you (20038 Views)

Man Surprises Wife With N15million Benz Just To Say 'Thank You' / Is It Right To Say 'Thank Ma' To Your Mother-In-Law After Eating? / I Thank God I Didn't Marry Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

thank you by thinkingbee: 12:28pm On Jan 16, 2015
Aa
Re: thank you by elantraceey(f): 12:35pm On Jan 16, 2015
I'm so sorry for you plight ma but first you need to calm down sad , I think i understand your situation and how hurt you'll be feeling now but paying back is not the issue , you need to get yourself and your happiness and put your abusive husband aside , there're alot of questions i'll like to ask but for now i think you should take a chill pill , when you feel better you can come tell us your story.

3 Likes

Re: thank you by ArchEnemy(m): 12:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
Op are you serious?
Maybe you should start by involving families n friends
Re: thank you by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jan 16, 2015
What about a survivor of physical abuse? planning revenge is time,energy and mind consuming think of all that you will achieve if you invest your resources into yourself and not the man because as long as you are planning revenge you are directing your resources to him don't force yourself to forgive either take your time and forgive yourself for staying in a bad situation. Don't blame yourself just take responsibility for yourself and your next course of action ALL plans should focus on you not him.

8 Likes

Re: thank you by Kimoni: 1:35pm On Jan 16, 2015
thinkingbee:
Am a victim of physical abuse, I now want him to pay for all his actions. What organization will fight my cause? Am so hurt I can't put down in words, I want him to feel the pain of oppression.

What exactly is your goal? To free yourself from an abusive relationship or the bolded - to oppress him and cause him pain as well.

You need to define your objectives before you start looking for anybody or organistion to fight your cause.

Ndo!

9 Likes

Re: thank you by dinachi(m): 1:54pm On Jan 16, 2015
If your husband is a monster, then you are also a monster! I totally abhor it when you female monsters cause problems in your homes and come here to blab. Tell us your own faults and the evil you perpetrated before you come here to disparage a great gentleman like your husband. Witches like you have been attacking their husbands at will and generally causing mayhem, when the man in a bid to save himself deals you a handsome blow to reset your brain, you come here to spew thrash.. Wet dat your husband sef, let me give him a high five! He deserves a God bless you pat in the back!

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: thank you by pickabeau1: 2:20pm On Jan 16, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: thank you by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 16, 2015
thinkingbee:
Am a victim of physical abuse, I now want him to pay for all his actions. What organization will fight my cause? Am so hurt I can't put down in words, I want him to feel the pain of oppression.

Organisations are not there for personal vendetta, they are there for rehabilitation of battered spouses to help them reconnect to society and rebuild their lives.

11 Likes

Re: thank you by Amhappy(f): 2:45pm On Jan 16, 2015
Think of saving yourself madam. The first point in a violent relationship is to stay apart. Life has no duplicate.
Re: thank you by mutter(f): 3:09pm On Jan 16, 2015
I think you can still take a few punches. That is why you are talking of revenge instead of thinking on how to get the abuse to stop.

3 Likes

Re: thank you by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jan 16, 2015
elantraceey:
I'm so sorry for you plight ma but first you need to calm down sad , I think i understand your situation and how hurt you'll be feeling now but paying back is not the issue , you need to get yourself and your happiness and put your abusive husband aside , there're alot of questions i'll like to ask but for now i think you should take a chill pill , when you feel better you can come tell us your story.

You understand her situation?
Have you experienced the same...
Re: thank you by marbee(f): 3:32pm On Jan 16, 2015
Involve family and friends, and separate yourself from him .
Re: thank you by Oahray: 4:20pm On Jan 16, 2015
Get a separation first, save your head so you can use it to think of the next step. Wisdom dictates you should not throw stones at 'monsters' if you aren't a match. I wonder why some women don't learn.

2 Likes

Re: thank you by veave(f): 4:26pm On Jan 16, 2015
Akranez:

You understand her situation?
Have you experienced the same...

Aproko, you wan hear jist? wink

@op... well, i pray God reaches out to you. first to comfort and console you. And next, to help you let go.
Re: thank you by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2015
veave:

Aproko, you wan hear jist? wink

No oo..
Na question i ask..
Re: thank you by SAMBARRY: 4:51pm On Jan 16, 2015
Can anything good come out of your mouth/ brain

op ncws-national council of women society. They have a judicial section.located in Victoria island
undecided

mshewwwww

dinachi:
If your husband is a monster, then you are also a monster! I totally abhor it when you female monsters cause problems in your homes and come here to blab. Tell us your own faults and the evil you perpetrated before you come here to disparage a great gentleman like your husband. Witches like you have been attacking their husbands at will and generally causing mayhem, when the man in a bid to save himself deals you a handsome blow to reset your brain, you come here to spew thrash.. Wet dat your husband sef, let me give him a high five! He deserves a God bless you pat in the back!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: thank you by veave(f): 5:04pm On Jan 16, 2015
Akranez:

No oo..
Na question i ask..

Okay
Re: thank you by Chubhie: 5:42pm On Jan 16, 2015
You want an organisation? I recommend www.mafia.org or www.juju.com or, you can be reasonable and share your story.

2 Likes

Re: thank you by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 16, 2015
Hmmmm. Will this ever end? Abeg, just carry your alive self and pick your life again, make it work better than he could imagine. That's the first step.

God help us all.
Re: thank you by thorpido(m): 7:01pm On Jan 16, 2015
Just get a separation first.

3 Likes

Re: thank you by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 16, 2015
Your aim should be to protect yourself in the first place instead of thinking of revenge. Get the hell out of this relationship if he is a violent monster.
Re: thank you by TheMadame(f): 7:07pm On Jan 16, 2015
dinachi:

Sir, this is uncalled for and totally unfair. These kind of unwarranted attacks may make an OP,with real life problems flee from their threads and the problem will persist. Please let us be calm and hear her out.
@OP(thinkingbee), please calm down and tell us how you have been abused so you can recieve genuine and good advise.
May God help you.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: thank you by red101(f): 7:22pm On Jan 16, 2015
@thinkingbee,

it seems like you are already physically out of the situation., ie. you have you moved out of the house to a safe place. If so, then I would suggest contacting the police. I have a feeling that the police is useless in Nigeria though. What you can do is that you can become a voice to raise awareness for domestic abuse. Tell everyone about your situation who has a ear to listen.

Another way to advocate for yourself is that if you know his place of employment, you can write a letter to his boss appealing to them to sack him. Make a strong case for why the company should not hire domestic abusers. Send in pictures of your injuries if you have any and get people to help you draft the letter if you are not good with words.
If this doens't work, then get a group of people and stage protests in front of his place of employment to make a noise. the company will know that they have a liability in their hands.

Stay strong.

5 Likes

Re: thank you by Caveatemptor(m): 7:30pm On Jan 16, 2015
TheMadame:

Sir, this is uncalled for and totally unfair. These kind of unwarranted attacks may make an OP,with real life problems flee from their threads and the problem will persist. Please let us be calm and hear her out.
@OP(thinkingbee), please calm down and tell us how you have been abused so you can recieve genuine and good advise.
May God help you.

She needs to get out of there first if her life is in danger. Safety first. She can tell us the story later.
Re: thank you by Subom1(f): 7:34pm On Jan 16, 2015
thinkingbee:
Firstly I think you just need to take a second and chill a bit before you do something you regret.

Secondly do you have kids? Are you still living with him? I think the most important thing is to find a way to leave him if possible so that the physical abuse stops. If he threatens your life in any way or hurts you again then you should get a restraining order or file a case against him.

which country are you in? If you are outside Nigeria it would be much easier for you to take legal action for abuse than if you are in Nigeria.

Don't do anything that you may regret. The most important thing is for you to find a place away from the abuse and get better. If you have a job great if not try and find one so that you will be able to take care of yourself.

I know it's easier said than done but you can forgive him and move on with your life. You need to ask yourself will 'revenge' make you feel better at the end of the day?

1 Like

Re: thank you by TheMadame(f): 7:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
Caveatemptor:

She needs to get out of there first if her life is in danger. Safety first. She can tell us the story later.

Read the OP again. She did not say she is in danger,she said she is a victim of abuse and is looking for avenues to revenge and hurt her husband back.
It is always good to be calm before taking hasty decisions so as not to aggravate an already tense situation. Hence my advise to her to give more details of the abuse.

1 Like

Re: thank you by Caveatemptor(m): 7:48pm On Jan 16, 2015
TheMadame:

Read the OP again. She did not say she is in danger,she said she is a victim of abuse and is looking for avenues to revenge and hurt her husband back.
It is always good to be calm before taking hasty decisions so as not to aggravate an already tense situation. Hence my advise to her to give more details of the abuse.

Dead abused women tell no tales. She should get out first and tell us the tales later. My humble opinion.
Re: thank you by TheMadame(f): 8:00pm On Jan 16, 2015
Caveatemptor:

Dead abused women tell no tales. She should get out first and tell us the tales later. My humble opinion.

caveatemptor,
If she had the time to come on line to register and open a thread,her life is not in danger. She needs to give details of the abuse,how long she has been married,if she has kids or not,and the cause of the abuse and how long it has been oing on and why she wants revenge.
I am not doing this back and forth with you again until she gives details of thhis abuse,then we can give reasonable advise.

1 Like

Re: thank you by Caveatemptor(m): 8:03pm On Jan 16, 2015
^
Okay, OP,tell us your story.
Re: thank you by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 16, 2015
dinachi:
a great gentleman like your husband.
Duuuuuude. I just spat out my drink. What I find totally funny is the way you stress the level of his gentlemanliness like you actually know him. That was a good one. Hahahhahha.

6 Likes

Re: thank you by dinachi(m): 9:51pm On Jan 16, 2015
TheMadame:

Sir, this is uncalled for and totally unfair.
Sorry I sounded so harsh but how will you really react to a MARRIED woman who calls her HUSBAND a monster? Birds of the same feather cluster together! Only a monster will seek out and marry another monster! Besides calling her husband a monster is verbal abuse. This shows that she herself is also an abuser and therefore also a monster. Meanwhile, she didn't give us any hints of her own part of the saga. Until she comes clean, she should carry her monster ass out of this thread. Monster ko monster ni

7 Likes

Re: thank you by thinkingbee: 10:23pm On Jan 16, 2015
@dinachi u deserve no words in return.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ways To Make Your Wife Listen To You / How To Handle Problems Over Relatives Staying In Your House ? / How Do You Handle A Promiscuous Sister?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.