Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Worrisome Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Worrisome Me (665 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Worrisome Me by jovialmum(f): 1:26pm On Jan 16, 2015
Physiology exam was a thorn in my side. Hindsight though, I wouldn't have come to this realization without the events that surrounded it. Boy did I study day and night for that exam. At some point, I was insomniac. I had gotten used to staying awake so much that my body had adjusted to the system and inadvertently adopted the no-sleep pattern. I remember being close to tears after being unable to sleep for three nights consecutively. D-day finally arrived.
That morning, unlike other exam mornings, I felt absolutely confident. I took my time to pick out what to wear and put on some light make up (I usually don't do any of that on an exam morning). I was unusually calm about the exam probably because I had studied back to back and was a hundred percent and one sure I was ready to kick some ass... Literally! This feeling was transient. The second I flipped over the exam scripts, the colours in my eyes drained, my stomach churned and I swear it was like an SUV had driven over me. I was blank... Empty. Out of fifty questions, I was certain of about only the first ten to fifteen questions. Now here's the interesting twist to this gist - I had those exact questions, verbatim, laying on my bed and not once did I bother to do as little as glance through it. All those sleepless long nights; not once.
Who could I blame?I had a copy of the past questions but I just didn't study that particular one.
Two things - I was burdened with so much worrying that I completely shut out my creator during that period and I let myself believe a hundred percent concentration on my books was all I needed to conquer. Oh crap!
Have you ever worried so much about something that all you did was worry about worrying about the worry that particular thing brought on? Classic catch 22 isn't it?
Have you ever been overwhelmed by a task that you committed your all to mapping out human strategies in order to achieve the feat you so desired neglecting to put God first?
Have you ever lost sleep over any problem, however big or small?
Check. Check. Check.
My Big J (Jesus) said to his disciples &That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life - whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear, for life is more than food, and your body more than clothing. Look at the ravens. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than any birds! 'Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?' And if worry can't accomplish a little thing like that, what's the use of worrying over bigger things?& Luke 12:22-26 (New Living Translation). I especially love the verse 25-26 in the New International Version &who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing why do you worry about the rest?&
Isn't that cathartic? My personal worry purgative. If only I had just studied to the best of my ability and prayed fervently to top it off, just maybe somewhere in my worrysome head it would have occurred to me to study that particular past question I ditched.
So guys I do not know a lot of things really. I'm taking crooked baby steps by crooked baby steps in this getting-to-know-God journey but one thing is for sure why should I worry my way into the grave when there's a handsome (as we've been led to believe) guy who has awesome powers (beyond that of marvels superman) more than willing to carry all that worry for me?

When things get rough and you can't stay tough, remember the 3 power words - Let Him Fret - Tum Tum
Sourcehttp://www.jovialmum.com/2015/01/worrisome-me.html
Re: Worrisome Me by Nobody: 3:14am On Jan 17, 2015
Sorry, no help. If indeed you studied well, you'd pass in flying colors. grin

(1) (Reply)

Father Rapes 3 Young Daughters Because Wife Left Him / Breaking News: Ooni Of Ife Is Dead / This Man Hasn’t Taken A Bath Since 1954

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.