Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. (8179 Views)

My Experience With Infinix Note 3 / My Bitter Experience At Innjoo Office In Ikeja - Ceecia / My Excellent Experience With Jumia On Return And Refund Of Defective Item (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by jydux(m): 9:09am On Jan 17, 2015
Rehil:
:-O n i have already order for a tablet.its pay on delivery sha.if its a defective product i wont pay o.d delivery person must go back wit it o.

please cancel the purchase cos the point is that u r unlikely to discover the defect at the point of retrieval of the goods until later... and then u will have urself an ordeal. Pls take note
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by olahero(m): 9:13am On Jan 17, 2015
Jumia the worst and the most useless online shopping mall in Nigeria. kudos to Konga the surest.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by olahero(m): 9:16am On Jan 17, 2015
I had to blast them the other day they called me.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by tecboss: 9:38am On Jan 17, 2015
doctokwus:

How do you explain a situation where it took Jumia a full mth before they retrieved d scrap they sold me and this was only when I had threatened fire and brimstone and made as much publicity about it as I cud.
To show how deceptive they are,just b4 their retrieval they had d nerve to tell me that I should take d phone myself to a care centre with my warranty card; after a mth!
Of course I called their bluff and insisted they had d duty of care to me!
How do u also now explain the present situation where after 2wks of retrieving d phone, they haven't got back to me to update me and have not replied my mails!Is that your definition of warranty?So a company can decide when and how they replace a defective item they sold to you?I don't know where u got ur own understanding of warranty but is far off from my knowledge of it and trust me I understand it well.
Its attitude as yours that make companies like jumia get away with anything they want.
They are in for it with me,I guarantee you.
I am about writing details of my ordeal to newspapers like the punch,vanguard and hope it gets published. Whatever happens I then decide on my next move.
My annoyance is basically why would jumia do to Nigerians what they dare not attempt in saner climes?<
No company should take your money,sell you a bad product and refuse to do the right thing, just because they are in Nigeria!

Sir, I feel ur pains.

I own a company and we are Authorised Service Collection Point for Tecno, Nokia, Samsung & Blackberry. I must be frank, I personally would love to sue Tecno or their rep-CarlCare for all the pains they put my fellow country men through. Most often, customers would always want to push the blame -for the delays in returning gadgets on warranty- on us. But, the seller is not supposed to offer another type of warranty apart from that offered by the manufacturers. That's my point! Jumia is just selling. They don't manufacture, they are not even an Authorised Collection Point, and I am sure they are not Authorised Dealers of Injoo. The fact they are the biggest online outlet in Nigeria does not confer any special privileges on them as per warranty service.

On the other hand, often, customers walk into our shop and the next thing u here is "oga, if u no wan sell Q10 give me for 39k, I go just order am now for Jumia." Everyone is bragging about Jumia as if it's their fathers business or they are a shareholder there grin . The truth is that, if u buy ur phone from a shop around ur neighborhood and u notice a fault even after 2weeks, the shop owner could change it for u. That's what i do in my shop. Especially if the phone is still New.

Even now I have bookmarked this page to show such naughty grin customers who would always come to tell us SLOT is selling like this, Jumia & Konga are doing POD like this. let's try and patronize businesses around us more. It is better for the economy than these Monstrous -Monopolistic- Online -Merchants.

Once again I feel ur pains and I hope U get them to sort ur ish in no time. Cheers bro!

1 Like

Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by kedavra(m): 10:33am On Jan 17, 2015
That is why i only shop from konga.com. By the way check out http://www.ibloggtech.com for the latest tech news
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by doctokwus: 12:02pm On Jan 17, 2015
. let's try and patronize businesses around us more. It is better for the economy than these Monstrous -Monopolistic- Online -Merchants.

U are right about this.
olahero:
I had to blast them the other day they called me.

They deserve it and even more.
jydux:
Please guys... desist from patronizing jumia. Everyone I know who has ever patronised dem had painful stories to tell of defective or substandard products. I too ordered what seemed to be an original samsung charger from them at a total cost of 2450naira. When the product arrived... it dint even look like what I ordered at all.. it was one of those 100naira chargers dey throw on the ground in alaba and ikeja.
Can u imagine.They don't seem to have a technical department.sGarbage in garbage out.
rabzy01:
As I am writing this, Jumia is yet to refund me my over 48,000 for a failed order. It now one month.
I just hate jumia.
I ask again,is this not corporate scamming by jumia because been hearing tales like yours since I opened this thread and telling people I meet about my ordeal.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by doctokwus: 12:07pm On Jan 17, 2015
[quote author=tecboss post=29867303]

Even now I have bookmarked this page to show such naughty grin customers who would always come to tell us SLOT is selling like this, Jumia
& Konga are doing POD like this. let's try and patronize businesses around us more. It is better for the economy than these Monstrous -Monopolistic- Online -Merchants.
quote]
Please spread d word.Jumia has shown me and others from testimony so far "pepper"
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by MznAirA(f): 1:48pm On Jan 17, 2015
Initially I didn't want to comment but all the Konga praisers ignited it... everybody seems to be complaining about Jumia and saying Konga is the best well yoruba's say if you don't go to another man's farm, you will conclude your father has the biggest farm in the world. I personally have had a very bad and annoying incident with konga and swore that order to be the last I wld ever transact with them. The most annoying thing is why they put up orders that are not in stock and allow you pay for it and wait donkey years for delivery before they call and tell you.. i think consumer protection has to look into all this scammers and save us from them. Anyways I use Dealdey and I can say it's far better than the others at least they don't lie and claim what they don't have. So u might want to try dealdey.com for your next order.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jan 17, 2015
Jumia = crap
I bought a laptop from them, to activate warranty, na so problem start o... The idiots just wasted over 3hours in their warehouse... The rest na story for the gods angry angry angry
Advise... Next time Go to an authorised dealer, see what u want to buy, test if possible and pay for it..

Konga is far far better... But me no fit do online purchase again for my life cry
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by doctokwus: 2:21pm On Jan 17, 2015
MznAirA:
Initially I didn't want to comment but all the Konga praisers ignited it... everybody seems to be complaining about Jumia and saying Konga is the best well yoruba's say if you don't go to another man's farm, you will conclude your father has the biggest farm in the world. I personally have had a very bad and annoying incident with konga and swore that order to be the last I wld ever transact with them. The most annoying thing is why they put up orders that are not in stock and allow you pay for it and wait donkey years for delivery before they call and tell you.. i think consumer protection has to look into all this scammers and save us from them. Anyways I use Dealdey and I can say it's far better than the others at least they don't lie and claim what they don't have. So u might want to try dealdey.com for your next order.
Never used konga and can't vouch for them,but as for jumia its a no-no.They got scam written over everything they do.They av been allowed to get away with so much.Basically, I don't think Nigeria is ripe for online retail biz because companies like jumia etc still get away with a lot of rubbish they do. U get recompense only if u fight ur battle with them yourself.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by redgem(f): 9:33pm On Jan 17, 2015
I made an order on konga since dec 28 2014 and till now, I haven't received it
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by doctokwus: 10:53pm On Jan 17, 2015
I know they are viewing this thread because someone just opened a thread here claiming to be an "independent jumia consultant".
Just about to finish drafting my ordeal to some newspapers and hopefully if published I know it wud expose jumia for what it is,a corporate scamming machine.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by sorextee(m): 11:31pm On Jan 17, 2015
The title of ur post (my ongoing bitter experience) really got me laughing. I pray they replace it soon. That's why it's always better, to buy direct, more preferably at any of the telecommunications shop, or a trusted dealer.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by WackyJ1(m): 11:58pm On Jan 17, 2015
Jumia must pay!

Their service is crappy. Ordered a phone from them and even after i had gotten a text from them that i was supposed to recieve the phone that day, i called the number they gave me only for me to discover that the person they had sent had not even given it to the courier service to deliver it that day, so it would arrive the next day. I had to go pick it up myself the next day and from what I saw at the courier office, if i hadn't come myself, i wouldn't have gotten it that day.

MODS take this to front page!!
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by pheforusty(m): 6:28am On Jan 18, 2015
timbros:
I ordered for 7 items from Jumia (Innjoo i1s, the casing,the screen guard, Innjoo T1, the casing, the screen guard, Magic ear piece). All these items are under ONE order. Could you guys believe that Jumia sent ONLY the i1s? After many weeks of complain upon complains, they now sent the i1s screen guard, T1 casing and T1 screen guard. Wtf!? Where is the T1 itself? Where is the i1s casing? The complaints started all over...... Till today, I never got the remaining orders.

Now I have a useless Innjoo T1 casing and screen guard without the device itself. The i1s nko? No casing for it.

Jumia is just spoiling their online name.

I have even deleted their app from all my devices. Konga is way better, though they aren't perfect themselves.

I don't think anything will make me patronise Jumia again.
..had a friend who went thru a similar thing,dude went to the costumer service of his bank to complain,guess wat, he got his money refunded..
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by pheforusty(m): 6:30am On Jan 18, 2015
redgem:
I made an order on konga since dec 28 2014 and till now, I haven't received it
..ur bank should b able to get your money back,jst lodge a complain.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by donigspain(m): 8:34am On Jan 18, 2015
Sorry for your ordeal. I ordered a Home Theatre from Jumia under PoD contract and I got my order less than 48 hours during the peak Christmas season. The HT is in perfect condition.

Electronics is a game of luck but customer service should be reliable not only on sales but in customer complaints as well.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by doctokwus: 11:24am On Jan 18, 2015
sorextee:
The title of ur post (my ongoing bitter experience) grin really got me laughing. I pray they replace it soon. That's why it's always better, to buy direct, more preferably at any of the telecommunications shop, or a trusted dealer.
Its ongoing my brother.In fact its been ongoing since Dec 14 of last yr!
donigspain:
Sorry for your ordeal. I ordered a Home Theatre from Jumia under PoD contract and I got my order less than 48 hours during the peak Christmas season. The HT is in perfect condition.

Electronics is a game of luck but customer service should be reliable not only on sales but in customer complaints as well.
Funny enough road side and small retail stores would have given better customer care than jumia
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by timbros(m): 1:08pm On Jan 18, 2015
pheforusty:
..had a friend who went thru a similar thing,dude went to the costumer service of his bank to complain,guess wat, he got his money refunded..

It's not that they are owing me. I made the order on "pay on delivery" option. But my issue is the way they keep sending the items one by one. At the end of the day, the delivery wasn't complete, rubbishing some of the items I got.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by doctokwus: 7:03am On Jan 19, 2015
WackyJ1 post=29890190[b:
]Jumia must pay!

Their service is crappy. y.
[/b]

MODS take this to front page!!
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by doctokwus: 11:31am On Jan 19, 2015
kunletiwoo:
Jumia is 'messed' I got a delivery of defective device from them too. undecided
Its a pity.Yet everyone just went on as if its a normal thing.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by mabtechgroup: 12:27pm On Jan 19, 2015
BE THE FIRST TO KNOW: ORDER ONLINE affordable and Original Mobile Phone Accessories and get a free delivery at Home/Office.
with a 10 say return warranty

ORDER NOW>>http://phoneaccessories.mabtechgroup.com.ng/
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by ayoa123: 10:38am On Jan 20, 2015
Online business has come to stay. We definitely have to embrace it. Yes, we might have issues with Konga, Jumia or any other online store. We need to be patient and also willing to learn more from the ecommerce industry in future.

I feel strongly for you. If you can locate their offices. Please go there personally and sort this issue because putting such article here will not make the company fold rather bad publicity makes them trend!

Cheers
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by doctokwus: 12:52pm On Jan 20, 2015
ayoa123:
On putting such article here will not make the company fold rather bad publicity makes them trend!

Cheers
If u are more interested in if any article would make a company fold or trend,thats your own biz .Jumia folding or trending does not take away d fact that it has acted and behaved unprofessionally in quality of product delivered and in after-sales service as covered by warranty. Do u think warranty is given for the fun of it or to fulfil "all righteousness?"Its given with the knowledge that a product for several reasons, not the buyer's, could be defective and that d company being a responsible corporate entity and in keeping with common sense and best corporate practices,has the duty to ensure such customer gets value for money.Why people find it difficult to understand this simple concept beats me!
If u buy a product from popular Nigerian show rooms or even product stores scattered round Nigeria,and you find its bad,with just your receipt,many replace it almost immediately!
D reason I bought this fone from jumia is that they have exclusive distribution of it in Nigeria.Assuming it could be got from other reputable phone outlets,I bet u I wouldn't be passing thru this.At worst, what dis other outlets would have done is to issue me same value voucher for a different product,if d one I wanted wasn't in stock.
So don't come preaching to me about trending or folding.If you don't know anything about how gadgets are sold or warranty cover or has no experience about it,get educated because I didn't start buying products with warranty and even without today.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by rabzy01: 7:17pm On Jan 20, 2015
doctokwus:

I ask again,is this not corporate scamming by jumia because been hearing tales like yours since I opened this thread and telling people I meet about my ordeal.

Yes it is. Up to now I am still waiting for the refund for a failed order of 17/12/2014. Am tired of calling and they refused to reply my second email to them.
I have decided to write to my bank and ask them to reverse the transaction. I will forward to them the email I sent to Jumia and the reply they sent to me.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by doctokwus: 8:36pm On Jan 20, 2015
rabzy01:

Yes it is. Up to now I am still waiting for the refund for a failed order of 17/12/2014. Am tired of calling and they refused to reply my second email to them.
I have decided to write to my bank and ask them to reverse the transaction. I will forward to them the email I sent to Jumia and the reply they sent to me.
Imagine! Yet one jester above is more interested in letting me know that my writing about my issue with jumia will make them trend!Its because of people like that who defend the indefensible that this country is as messed up as it is!!
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by ayoa123: 11:35am On Jan 21, 2015
Oga no be quarrel na...I feel your pain...Take it easy
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by doctokwus: 11:56am On Jan 21, 2015
ayoa123:
Oga no be quarrel na...I feel your pain...Take it easy
No hard feelings bro.Just didn't like d tone u took that made it seem that my aim is to run down jumia.I just want things done right because online biz when done properly saves man hours,cost and improves economy of states
cool cool
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by ayoa123: 2:40pm On Jan 21, 2015
Oga how Konga take better na?
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by rabzy01: 3:35pm On Jan 21, 2015
doctokwus:

Imagine! Yet one jester above is more interested in letting me know that my writing about my issue with jumia will make them trend!Its because of people like that who defend the indefensible that this country is as messed up as it is!!

Forget about that guy. It seems he knows nothing about online transactions. I have had failed transactions on Aliexpress, a Chinese online store. In each of the 3 cases, I did not call or send mail to anyone. Their website reflected the failed orders and the refund processes eventually my money were refunded without stress.

The irony of this Jumia issue is it takes them seconds to deduct money from your bank account, but months to refund you if only you are lucky.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by rabzy01: 4:13pm On Jan 21, 2015
ayoa123:
Oga how Konga take better na?

Permit me to come in here.

I have had issues with both konga and jumia. I must admit I am impressed with the way konga handled my case regarding refund. When I called their CC, the lady said refund is not a big issue and that I should just contact my bank and fill a dispense error form. She even placed another order on my behalf on POD. I called my bank CC. They said I should email konga and forwad both my mail and konga's reply to them. I did that and got my refund.
You can see unlike jumia, kongo did not deceive me. I mean they didn't say they were processing my refund and me to wait for over a month and counting. Konga even said in their reply to my email, that I should contanct my bank and that they were ready to render any help should my bank need any.
That apart, kongo has POD nation wide. You need not pay for your orders online. You just place your order, wait for it to be delivered to you and pay. Jumia on the other hand, has POD only in few cities.
The problem I encountered with konga is that twice I ordered for an item which is displayed on their site as available and twice the merchants failed to deliver the orders and the orders were cancelled by konga. Thank God both orders were POD, hence no request for refund.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top Biggest Rumours About The Next Phantom Device / Microsoft Lumia 640 XL Discussion Thread / Evernote Pulls Out Its Support For Blackberry Devices And Windows Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.