Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. (8163 Views)

My Experience With Infinix Note 3 / My Bitter Experience At Innjoo Office In Ikeja - Ceecia / My Excellent Experience With Jumia On Return And Refund Of Defective Item (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by doctokwus: 3:32pm On Jan 16, 2015
Last year around Dec 14,I received an innjoo note I had placed an order for.
Immediately after full charge, I noticed d phone was defective:the secondary camera wasn't working and the volume button was not fully secured.
I duly informed jumia and complaint was formally lodged with a guarantee of retrieval and replacement. Jumia didn't fulfil its pledge and warranty after several calls and emails.
It was this year,a full mth after and only after I had made public my ordeal with jumia and copied the consumer protection council that jumia belatedly sent a despatch rider to retrieve the phone.
Now almost 2 weeks after retrieval, I have not seen a replacement and jumia has not kept me in touch with a possible date for it.
The emails I have sent have been unreplied.
Now I don't have a functioning innjoo note phone,fully paid for,jumia has not found it expedient to replace same or refund back my money or even give me any explanation why its taking this long to replace d crap they sold me,yet they continue taking orders and supplying this same device to other people.
Is this d nightmare called online retail sales in Nigeria?
What is the essence of a warranty if jumia cannot fulfil warranty conditions?
This experience with jumia has left a bitter taste in the mouth,besides d fact that d person this phone was bought for has completely lost interest in it.

3 Likes

Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by seyema(m): 3:36pm On Jan 16, 2015
I hate that jumia with passion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by dahunsy(f): 3:37pm On Jan 16, 2015
coughs**** clears throat
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
Jumia is 'messed' I got a delivery of defective device from them too. undecided
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by eleko1: 3:42pm On Jan 16, 2015
Pathethetic! If u have a family lawyer,let him write those thief or better still copy it to linda ikeji,ladun ladi and others,they won't think twice b4 they refund your money back.Stop patronise those irresponsible online thief
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by Sunkyphil(m): 3:46pm On Jan 16, 2015
dts y i dislike this online deals

4 Likes

Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by doctokwus: 4:24pm On Jan 16, 2015
eleko1:
Pathethetic! If u have a family lawyer,let him write those thief or better still copy it to linda ikeji,ladun ladi and others,they won't think twice b4 they refund your money back.Stop patronise those irresponsible online thief
Am so bitter and considering various options.Its now clear to me they only retrieved d phone when the heat and d bad publicity I was giving them was becoming too much for them. I thought they had turned a new leaf and gave them d benefit of doubt ,but its d same tale of woe.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by doctokwus: 4:32pm On Jan 16, 2015
Sunkyphil:
dts y i dislike this online deals
Online deals if properly done should be a convenient means of buying goods,but like many things Nigerian,companies like jumia come here and get away with things they dare not attempt in other climes ,just because they feel Nigerians neither know their rights nor have time and resources to enforce same.
kunletiwoo:
Jumia is 'messed' I got a delivery of defective device from them too. undecided
I honestly regret doing this transaction with them.D time,energy and money spent on calls emails and even trans(because I sometimes have to meet up with them with d address I used) is even annoying on its own.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by timbros(m): 4:32pm On Jan 16, 2015
I ordered for 7 items from Jumia (Innjoo i1s, the casing,the screen guard, Innjoo T1, the casing, the screen guard, Magic ear piece). All these items are under ONE order. Could you guys believe that Jumia sent ONLY the i1s? After many weeks of complain upon complains, they now sent the i1s screen guard, T1 casing and T1 screen guard. Wtf!? Where is the T1 itself? Where is the i1s casing? The complaints started all over...... Till today, I never got the remaining orders.

Now I have a useless Innjoo T1 casing and screen guard without the device itself. The i1s nko? No casing for it.

Jumia is just spoiling their online name.

I have even deleted their app from all my devices. Konga is way better, though they aren't perfect themselves.

I don't think anything will make me patronise Jumia again.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by eleko1: 4:33pm On Jan 16, 2015
angry angry sad angry sad angry
doctokwus:

Am so bitter and considering various options.Its now clear to me they only retrieved d phone when the heat and d bad publicity I was giving them was becoming too much for them. I thought they had turned a new leaf and gave them d benefit of doubt ,but its d same tale of woe.
they aren't Spirit.Sure they have office in lagos,go there and make noise.They are probably fixing the phone problem somewhere in computer village,hence the delay.Better tell them to refund your money back.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by Clinton594(m): 4:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
I'm so sorry to hear that sir,
i dont do jumia.............................konga is far better with poles.

2 Likes

Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by doctokwus: 4:43pm On Jan 16, 2015
eleko1:
angry angry sad angry sad angrythey aren't Spirit.Sure they have office in lagos,go there and make noise.They are probably fixing the phone problem somewhere in computer village,hence the delay.Better tell them to refund your money back.
My broda. I feel that's what they want to capitalize on.They feel many pple that use online retail outlets would find it difficult squeezing out time to come to their offices.
Why must a company wait till someone creates a scene b4 acting.
D annoying thing is that I see them promoting this same Innjoo note on another thread and taking orders while they can't replace d scrap supplied to someone else.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by MurdaForker(m): 4:44pm On Jan 16, 2015
Thanks a million for this thread.. Was abt to order infinit zero from them
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by doctokwus: 4:46pm On Jan 16, 2015
Clinton594:
I'm so sorry to hear that sir,
i dont do jumia.............................konga is far better with poles.
Thank you.I don't wish my enemy experience what I have with this Jumia people.Its just too bad.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by Lagusta(m): 4:53pm On Jan 16, 2015
I always tell people that konga is far far far far better than jumia, but they don't listen..... angry
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by doctokwus: 4:55pm On Jan 16, 2015
timbros:
I ordered for 7 items from Jumia (Innjoo i1s, the casing,the screen guard, Innjoo T1, the casing, the screen guard, Magic ear piece). All these items are under ONE order. Could you guys believe that Jumia sent ONLY the i1s? After many weeks of complain upon complains, they now sent the i1s screen guard, T1 casing and T1 screen guard. Wtf!? Where is the T1 itself? Where is the i1s casing? The complaints started all over...... Till today, I never got the remaining orders.

Now I have a useless Innjoo T1 casing and screen guard without the device itself. The i1s nko? No casing for it.

Jumia is just spoiling their online name.

I have even deleted their app from all my devices. Konga is way better, though they aren't perfect themselves.

I don't think anything will make me patronise Jumia again.
Na was o! What else do u call this if not scamming?
I would reforward my complaint to the appropriate authorities. Pple are just being scammed in this country by some of these companies and pple are keeping quiet.That's y they continue getting away with scams like these.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by eleko1: 4:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
They have exhaused your patient.Storm there office abeg or better still if by chance you come in contact with their despatch rider,size the bike.Let see if they won't refund U kiakia.What nonsense
doctokwus:

My broda. I feel that's what they want to capitalize on.They feel many pple that use online retail outlets would find it difficult squeezing out time to come to their offices.
Why must a company wait till someone creates a scene b4 acting.
D annoying thing is that I see them promoting this same Innjoo note on another thread and taking orders while they can't replace d scrap supplied to someone else.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by doctokwus: 5:00pm On Jan 16, 2015
MurdaForker:
Thanks a million for this thread.. Was abt to order infinit zero from them
Mine has been bitter ,maybe yours maybe different though can't definitely recommend jumia to anyone.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by Wisdomkosi(m): 5:55pm On Jan 16, 2015
Konga better pass the nonsense we call jumia. I have done bis with konga and i like their service. Never you patronize jumia again. Sorry for your bitter experience.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by dridowu: 6:18pm On Jan 16, 2015
Yet to do online transaction with Jumia but even if i willl i can't go for any product like injoo, gionee, tecno etc cos dos pdt themselves are something else
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by DBlackCeazer(m): 6:38pm On Jan 16, 2015
I DONT THINK WE RE READY FOR ALL THESE ONLINE SHOPPING ISH,I ORDERED THREE ITEMS FROM JUMIA,A TABLET,A MESSENGER BAG AND A CHECKERED BELT,WAITED FOR ABOUT THREE WEEKS ONLY TO RECEIVE A CALL FROM DEM SAYING THEY ONLY VE THE BAG IN STOCK.HAD TO DELETE THEIR APP FROM MY PHONE.SAME WITH JUMIA,EXCEPT IT TOOK 2 MONTHS BEFORE THEY CALLED ME.EFING AHOLES.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by doctokwus: 6:47pm On Jan 16, 2015
DBlackCeazer:
I DONT THINK WE RE READY FOR ALL THESE ONLINE SHOPPING ISH,I ORDERED THREE ITEMS FROM JUMIA,A TABLET,A MESSENGER BAG AND A CHECKERED BELT,WAITED FOR ABOUT THREE WEEKS ONLY TO RECEIVE A CALL FROM DEM SAYING THEY ONLY VE THE BAG IN STOCK.HAD TO DELETE THEIR APP FROM MY PHONE.SAME WITH JUMIA,EXCEPT IT TOOK 2 MONTHS BEFORE THEY CALLED ME.EFING AHOLES.
If threads like this had been created, I wudnt be in this painful situation I find myself in now.
So much lamentation about this jumia people.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by yomalex(m): 7:21pm On Jan 16, 2015
Online complaints like this will make them buckle up
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by Rehil(f): 8:09pm On Jan 16, 2015
:-O n i have already order for a tablet.its pay on delivery sha.if its a defective product i wont pay o.d delivery person must go back wit it o.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by tecboss: 8:10pm On Jan 16, 2015
I may have to comment concerning the warranty offered on mobile phones. Now when a gadget has a warranty on it, such warranty obligation do not come directly from the seller. It comes from the manufacturer or its representatives.

Example, if u buy a Nokia phone at a shop in Abuja, a few hours before boarding a flight to Lagos. On getting to Lagos, you noticed that the memory card slot of the phone is not recognising the inserted memory card. The question is, would u board another flight back to Abuja just to return the phone to the shop u bought it? No! The best option u have is to take the phone to the nearest Nokia Service Center in Lagos, and ur complain would be addressed. In most cases, u could get ur gadget repaired immediately or u will be required to drop it and come back on appointment to pick it up.

In this instance, Jumia is selling an injoo phone and they are not the manufacturer of the said phone. So if the phone supplied to u is deffective, I suppose they must have sent it for warranty service. I simply would advise u to be patient with them.

This is my humble opinion. I do not rep . Jumia

2 Likes

Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by doctokwus: 9:13pm On Jan 16, 2015
tecboss:
I may have to comment concerning the warranty offered on mobile phones. Now when a gadget has a warranty on it, such warranty obligation do not come directly from the seller. It comes from the manufacturer or its representatives.

Example, if u buy a Nokia phone at a shop in Abuja, a few hours before boarding a flight to Lagos. On getting to Lagos, you noticed that the memory card slot of the phone is not recognising the inserted memory card. The question is, would u board another flight back to Abuja just to return the phone to the shop u bought it? No! The best option u have is to take the phone to the nearest Nokia Service Center in Lagos, and ur complain would be addressed. In most cases, u could get ur gadget repaired immediately or u will be required to drop it and come back on appointment to pick it up.

In this instance, Jumia is selling an injoo phone and they are not the manufacturer of the said phone. So if the phone supplied to u is deffective, I suppose they must have sent it for warranty service. I simply would advise u to be patient with them.

How do you explain a situation where it took Jumia a full mth before they retrieved d scrap they sold me and this was only when I had threatened fire and brimstone and made as much publicity about it as I cud.
To show how deceptive they are,just b4 their retrieval they had d nerve to tell me that I should take d phone myself to a care centre with my warranty card; after a mth!
Of course I called their bluff and insisted they had d duty of care to me!
How do u also now explain the present situation where after 2wks of retrieving d phone, they haven't got back to me to update me and have not replied my mails!Is that your definition of warranty?So a company can decide when and how they replace a defective item they sold to you?I don't know where u got ur own understanding of warranty but is far off from my knowledge of it and trust me I understand it well.
Its attitude as yours that make companies like jumia get away with anything they want.
They are in for it with me,I guarantee you.
I am about writing details of my ordeal to newspapers like the punch,vanguard and hope it gets published. Whatever happens I then decide on my next move.
My annoyance is basically why would jumia do to Nigerians what they dare not attempt in saner climes?<
No company should take your money,sell you a bad product and refuse to do the right thing, just because they are in Nigeria!

3 Likes

Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by eightsin(m): 9:15pm On Jan 16, 2015
This is understandable. That is why when I bought a laptop from task direct and noticed some defect,returned it and it's 2 months and 2 weeks now bt yet to get it except I pay for the courier that will bring it to me..although it's very painful but I try to understand and not blame them much altho to a large extent, they shld be held responsible for the delivery but no go fit fight. Will just pay n get my laptop back weda good or bad
tecboss:

Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by braindamage(m): 12:18am On Jan 17, 2015
Hehe.....can't forget when I ordered a PS 3, and it was coming in parts... When the console was complete, I could not remember how I spent the money.. grin grin
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by rabzy01: 1:07am On Jan 17, 2015
As I am writing this, Jumia is yet to refund me my over 48,000 for a failed order. It now one month.
I just hate jumia.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by nefertiitii: 1:17am On Jan 17, 2015
Dis jumia ppl sef angry angry angry
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by DoroMega: 8:56am On Jan 17, 2015
Sorry oh,but next time use konga. They are far better than jumai....sorry jumia.
Re: My Ongoing Bitter Experience With Jumia. by jydux(m): 9:06am On Jan 17, 2015
Please guys... desist from patronizing jumia. Everyone I know who has ever patronised dem had painful stories to tell of defective or substandard products. I too ordered what seemed to be an original samsung charger from them at a total cost of 2450naira. When the product arrived... it dint even look like what I ordered at all.. it was one of those 100naira chargers dey throw on the ground in alaba and ikeja.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tecno Camon C8 Vs Tecno Boom J8 Which One Is Better in terms of Camera Quality? / Whatsapp Stickers Are Being Abused And It Is Annoying / Etisalat Blackberry Balance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.