Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,349 members, 7,829,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

How Many Sons Did Abraham Have? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Many Sons Did Abraham Have? (24186 Views)

Who Are The Sons Of God Having Sex With The Daughters Of Men In Genesis 6:1-4? / Did Abraham & Ismeal Actually Build The Kaaba As Claimed In The Qur'an? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Sons Did Abraham Have? by ishmael(m): 1:33pm On Sep 25, 2006
My point is that, humanly or physically Abraham had sons from Hagar, Sarah and Keturah; however the new testament in Galatians 3:7 tells us that; spiritually or divinely it is only those who have faith in Christ Jesus that are sons of Abraham. And also remember that God made this promise to Abraham in Genesis 17:5 "Your name shall be Abraham, for i have made you a father of my nations".
Also Genesis 17:6 says "I will make you exceeedingly fruitful; and i will make nations of you, and kings shall come from you".

And God through the apostle Paul elaborated the sonship in the new testament to mean a divine son and not a human or physical son.

Davidylan, also remember that God blessed Ishmael because he is Abraham's son. In Genesis 21:13 God said to Abraham "yet i will also make a nation of the son of the bondwoman, because he is your seed". What does GOD imply here?? He implies that heirs and sons of Abraham will also come from ishmael too, which the new testament supports in Galatian 3:28 -29 "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in christ Jesus". And v29 says "And if you are Christ's then you are Abraham's seed and heirs according to the promise".  in other words Arabs, Jews, Nigerians, Americans, Europeans etc. that have faith in Christ Jesus are sons of Abraham; while Jews who do not have faith in Christ Jesus, though they are children and descendants of Abraham humanly and physically but divinely they are not children of Abraham and cannot be heirs to Abraham's blessings. An Arab that has faith in Christ Jesus is a child of Abraham and heir to Abraham's blessings.
Re: How Many Sons Did Abraham Have? by trinigirl1(f): 11:33pm On Jan 10, 2007
Welll, according to the church chorus I used to go to which goes like this ,

Father Abrahaaaamm, had many sonnnnns, and many sonnnns had faaaaather Abrahammmm,
I am one of theeeem, and so are uuuuuuu, so let's just praise the Lord ,  right hand!!

I can safely say by careful calculation that the amount of sons Abraham has are  ,  MANY!

Don't try and dispute this,  I have shown u proof!

But I have a question.  Did Abraham have daughters?  sad
Re: How Many Sons Did Abraham Have? by ishmael(m): 2:11pm On Jan 16, 2007
trini_girl:

But I have a question. Did Abraham have daughters? sad

We are all daughters and sons of Abraham.
Re: How Many Sons Did Abraham Have? by shahan(f): 2:23pm On Jan 16, 2007
Nne trini, I accept that song as proof o jare! cheesy

But a stronger proof (when the record scratch!) is found is Scripture - and ishmael and so many others have helped outlined some of them. Bravo to y'all.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anyone Who Dies Must Have Done Something Wrong – Guru Mahraji / Worldliness And Worldly Amusements: The Silhouette Challenge / Who Silenced Ahmed Deedat?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.