Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,821 members, 7,828,006 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

How To Overcome Lust - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Overcome Lust (607 Views)

Tips On How To Overcome Going Late To Church / Overcoming Sexual Lust For Christian Youths / 10 Proven Ways To Overcome Temptation As A Believer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Overcome Lust by Loveaflame(m): 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2015
“Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” Psalms 119:11

You need to change your mind-set concerning the opposite sex. See everyone as God's holy creation. That is what you should program your mind to believe. We are all God's beautiful creation. Tell yourself when tempted to lust, she is God's holy creation. Crystalize this truth into your mind.

When you feel your mind with God's goodness, you will shun immoral thoughts. Lust is really a rape in disguise because the devil makes you to do all kinds of stupid things with the person in your mind.

This is the problem with those who masturbate. Their real problem is lust. Change your mind-set concerning the opposite sex. They are not sex objects but God's holy creation.

As from today, redefine what you see. When tempted to lust, tell yourself, he is God's holy creation. I refuse to rape her in my mind. I refuse to rape God in my mind. That's hard I know. Raping God's creation is raping God indirectly. Abusing God's creation is abusing God indirectly. Revelation 4:11 states,

“Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.”

When you abuse such through lust you are giving God displeasure. Stop seeing the opposite sex as objects of sex see them as God's holy creation because that is what they are irrespective of whether they are living up to it or not.

Furthermore, feed your mind on the Word of God. Saturate your mind with The Scriptures. Meditate and memorize The Word to make your mind strong and impregnable to strange thoughts. David gave an amazing revelation as to the power of The Word,

“Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word. With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” Psalms 119:9-

Why must you take the Word of God serious? That is one of the strongest antidote to repelling negative thoughts. The Word is more powerful than the forces of hell especially when you are anointed by The Spirit that inspired it. The Word builds up your spirit and serve s as a catalyst for the Holy Ghost to help you grow in the things of God.

“I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.” John 16:12-13

The Word is the truth about who God is and who you are and what He has planned for your life. When you are loaded with The Word of God, it becomes difficult for lust to penetrate and occupy your mind. Even though it is projected into your heart, The Word in your heart will always cast out such thoughts.

“(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” 2 Corinthians 10:4-5

There is power in the Word to control and guide your heart and mind against lust invaders. So take time to study the Word. I recommend reading and studying the book of Proverbs if you are really serious and desire to conquer lust.

Another dimension to the Written Word which is more superior to it is The Spoken Word called Rhema. With Rhema you can easily conquer lust. Rhema is more than just words it can also come in form of visions, trance or dreams. It can be thoughts inspired by the Holy Ghost in your heart.
Jesus did not just conquered the Devil by the written Word alone, He also use the spoken Word.

“But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.” Mathew 4:4

When God inspires the written Word and gives you understanding of it beyond what you read it becomes His Spoken Word to you. That is what we call Rhema. Rhema is a superior weapon than the written Word. It brings the Word alive in your spirit and stirs up your faith quicker.

When your spirit is saturated with the revelation of The Word it becomes easy for the force field surrounding your spirit to resist such lustful thoughts. But if your spirit is not saturated with the revelation of The Word it becomes easy for the lust wave projected by demons to influence and control your entire being. Let me explain with the diagrams below to give you a simple glimpse of how demons can project lust into the mind of someone.

To get this uncommon book then simply go to

www.spiritualsolutionbooks.ecwid.com

http://apostlefrancisministries..com

(1) (Reply)

Am Prophet Kayode Call Me For All Your Spiritual Problems Let Me Pray For You / My Vision At Night About The Forthcoming Presidential Election !!! / Apostle Suleiman's Prophesies On 2015 Presidential Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.